The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Faction lock is coming.

• InvictusApollo
    InvictusApollo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I hope they put this faction lock also in dungeons and trials - I can't stand the fact that I'm helping my enemies get weapons and equipment that they are going to use against my compatriots.

Also ZOS should make every player decide on a faction and then delete all characters of that player aho are not in the chosen faction. To even have characters in different alliances is a treachery and should be punished.

No one should be allowed to play however they want! No one!

Also put a faction locks on keyboards! Yes you heard me! On keyboards! If your keyboard doesn't have letters of your faction highlighted with the color of your faction, then you are a traitor!
  • juhislihis19
    juhislihis19
    ✭✭✭✭
    MipMip wrote: »
    For one, its a war simulation. Let's treat it as such

Correct, and in a war scenario there can be

a) soldiers loyal to their king / queen = players enjoying being loyal to a faction
    b) adventurers looking for glory = players enjoying going wherever the best fights are
    c) mercenaries looking for riches = players enjoying optimizing rewards (AP, transmutes...)

All these behaviors fit a war scenario.

Faction locks on the main campaigns, if they really go live, would mostly remove option b) (which is my playstyle) and reduce the options the game offers (among other disadvantages that faction locks would present)

I understand C) as the option where players who take a look at the server popularity/map,and pick the most suitable alliance of the day (as in the one which is winning/controlling). The next day they do the same, except this time they might pick another alliance. They might start with EP, but when they see that AD might just cruise to victory with 3 bars full of players, they hop on the glory train and leave the sinking ship.

These are kind of players I'm sure we all want to get rid of. Imagine playing BGs with buddies, and after a few smackarounds, your team mates switch sides - leaving you all alone fighting outnumbered.

AP and transmute farming can still be done even if your alliance is winning or losing. You just need 25k ap for 50 cristals so I don't think faction locking will change this.
  • Oberstein
    Oberstein
    ✭✭✭
    I hope they put this faction lock also in dungeons and trials - I can't stand the fact that I'm helping my enemies get weapons and equipment that they are going to use against my compatriots.

Also ZOS should make every player decide on a faction and then delete all characters of that player aho are not in the chosen faction. To even have characters in different alliances is a treachery and should be punished.

No one should be allowed to play however they want! No one!

Also put a faction locks on keyboards! Yes you heard me! On keyboards! If your keyboard doesn't have letters of your faction highlighted with the color of your faction, then you are a traitor!

i remember the time where i get kicked from vet dungeon because of my faction and other 3 player was same enemy faction.
    History, like a human being, is thirsty when it wakes from its slumber…History wants to drink up an enormous amount of blood. And even if history has tired of drinking blood, that’s only in regards to the amount. But what about quality? The larger the sacrifice is, the more delighted the cruel gods will be.