The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Buy The Stick Mount!

• nudel
    nudel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    My PvE guild has decided that for non-score runs, we will always slot our stick mounts for Hel Ra Citadel. Hitting Rapids and running with sticks in tow has become a tradition already. It is a thing of beauty, especially when the healers have to decide if they should keep riding their stick to the top of the stairs or dismount to save the ppl who were already knocked off their sticks behind them.

I do not regret my purchase!

EDIT: I apologize in advance to any pug groups for HRC I join in the future. I will be slotting my stick mount. Sorry not sorry?
    Edited by nudel on March 24, 2019 8:20PM
  • Alucardo
    Alucardo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    nudel wrote: »
    EDIT: I apologize in advance to any pug groups for HRC I join in the future. I will be slotting my stick mount. Sorry not sorry?
    NEVER apologise for whipping out your stick mount.
  • russelmmendoza
    russelmmendoza
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    Went well with cadwell motif.
    Now I also want the broom and bucket.
  • Alucardo
    Alucardo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    Next fake mount should be two coconuts you clap together while galloping. Only cool people will understand that one.
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    Alucardo wrote: »
    Next fake mount should be two coconuts you clap together while galloping. Only cool people will understand that one.

The cool people already have family members doing that behind them while our characters ride the stick horse. :wink:
    PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • Minyassa
    Minyassa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    No
    I was going to. I was so excited for the dragon one. I was absolutely prepared to buy crowns for it. But they have made it for gems, and I'm not spending a couple hundred dollars on crown crates full of stuff I'm not interested in just to get the gems for that one thing. Once again their decision to make something available for gems has resulted in them getting less of my money instead of more of it.
  • heaven13
    heaven13
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Yes
    I got the horse (love horses and this is another to add to my collection!). Did vAA last night and at one point during while group took a quick break, a couple of us pulled out our horses and galloped around everyone else in circles, neighing and jumping. It was a blast. No regrets.
    PC/NA
    Mountain God | Leave No Bone Unbroken | Apex Predator | Pure Lunacy | Depths Defier | No Rest for the Wicked | In Defiance of Death
    Defanged the Devourer | Nature's Wrath | Relentless Raider | True Genius | Bane of Thorns | Subterranean Smasher | Ardent Bibliophile

vAA HM | vHRC HM | vSO HM | vDSA | vMoL HM | vHoF HM | vAS+2 | vCR+2 | vBRP | vSS HM | vKA | vRG
    Meet my characters :
    IT DOESN'T MATTER BECAUSE THEY'RE ALL THE SAME NOW, THANKS ZOS
  • Alucardo
    Alucardo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    Minyassa wrote: »
    I was going to. I was so excited for the dragon one. I was absolutely prepared to buy crowns for it. But they have made it for gems, and I'm not spending a couple hundred dollars on crown crates full of stuff I'm not interested in just to get the gems for that one thing. Once again their decision to make something available for gems has resulted in them getting less of my money instead of more of it.

I didn't mind so much that it was for gems, but 350???? For 350 gems I'd expect a real flying dragon mount that can shoot fire and pick up sheep mid-flight.
  • DR4GONFL1
    DR4GONFL1
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    Quantact wrote: »
    Initially, I thought I would, even though the EP Dragon stick-mount is 350 Crown Gems. But then I found out that riding and stamina boosts don't affect it, and I changed my mind.

I think they do. I'm able to sprint on the mount for ages before it runs out of stamina. So it's either not affected by your stamina skill, or they give you a heap of stam by default.

Incase anybody is wondering, you can also use rapids while on the "mount". If you're looking for something quirky and have the crowns spare, it's definitely a worthwhile purchase. With it you get; weird neighing sounds and spluttering to emulate a horse while jumping, a bow emote (like actors/dancers do at the end of a theatre show) when you press jump while still, and while idle your character just randomly starts stroking the stick mounts head.

So I'm not sure about the cost of the dragon stick mount but my buddy and I each bought the horse and it easily worth the cost. And honestly the horse mount is my favorite one anyway. Yea its ridiculous but that's the point to have a little fun. Its not something I'm going to ride much outside of town or city but thats not really what its for.

Among everything already stated it can also be placed in your house as its listed under mounts.
  • driosketch
    driosketch
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Yes
    Yes, and I'm getting a bunch of silly entertainment out of it, even if I still think it's priced too high. The reason I got it now is I have a bunch of crowns from the sub renewal and crown sale last year, and there hasn't been much else of interest to me the past few months in the store. So I had the extra budget to mess around with this month.
    Main: Drio Azul ~ DC, Redguard, Healer/Magicka Templar ~ NA-PC
    ●The Psijic Order●The Sidekick Order●Great House Hlaalu●Bal-Busters●
  • SydneyGrey
    SydneyGrey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No
    It's clever and funny, but I don't want to spend real life money on something that would just be a joke item in a game, that I wouldn't use all that often.
  • Fischblut
    Fischblut
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    No
    I got the stick horse. I held off on the guar but I'm curious what it sounds like.

The stick dragon is about a hundred dollars outside of my price range.

I had a lucky moment yesterday when I could capture both Novelty Stick Dragon and Novelty Stick Guar mounts jumping together :smiley:

https://youtu.be/imxZfN-4gCU

Finally we can hear how the dragon "roars"! :)
    ...When will we have ability to preview mounts in store before buying them (I mean, full preview with sounds and movement)? :'(
  • Alucardo
    Alucardo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    Fischblut wrote: »
    I got the stick horse. I held off on the guar but I'm curious what it sounds like.

It sounds more like a zombie. At least my horse whinny actually emulates a horse.
    Edited by Alucardo on March 26, 2019 11:43AM
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes

It sounds more like a zombie.

Sounds fine.
    PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • Michae
    Michae
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    No

I had a lucky moment yesterday when I could capture both Novelty Stick Dragon and Novelty Stick Guar mounts jumping together :smiley:

https://youtu.be/imxZfN-4gCU

...When will we have ability to preview mounts in store before buying them (I mean, full preview with sounds and movement)? :'(

Listen at 0:24. Is there a Predator around?
    "I bear the cruel weight of certainty. Total, absolute, relentless certainty. People rarely comprehend the luxury of doubt... the freedom that comes with indecision. I envy you."
    Sotha Sil

@Michae PC/EU