The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of May 6:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – May 6, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
· Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)

Raid/Buffed DPS Test [Each Class/Each DD Race] PTS 4.3.3

• Mattock_Romulus
    Mattock_Romulus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ajax_22 wrote: »
    Any trial group good enough to have consistent sustain support.

Why would Altmer be better in this scenario?
    Fights with downtime.

Again, why would Altmer be better for this?
    Fights with burst mechanics.

I can't think of any such fights in PvE

Because they do more damage than Breton.

But they don't?

DK: -433 (0.7%)
    NB: +449 (0.7%)
    Sorc: +219 (0.36%)
    Temp: +6 (0.001%)

For the 2/4 classes where they parsed higher, the difference wasn't significant.

Ohhh i see. You are throwing out parses where Altmer beats Breton. Now i understand why you think Bretons are superior in raw damage.
    Options
  • Mattock_Romulus
    Mattock_Romulus
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Fights with downtime.

But they don't?

Altmer have higher DPS on every class except Dragonknights. Can't ignore the facts in the original post bud.

Again, they don't.

They have higher average DPS in 2/4 classes. And neither of those are statistically significant differences.

3/4

DK: Breton > Altmer
    NB: Breton < Altmer
    Sorc: Breton < Altmer
    Temp: Breton = Altmer

I didn't think basic counting was that tough.

Spell damage scales.

Weapon damage scales.

Sustain can be gained from sources outside of racials to the point where racial sustain is trivialized.

Adding more sustain becomes useless.

Adding more spell/weapon damage is always useful.
    Options
  • Sylvermynx
    Sylvermynx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Been playing TES for a very long time.... since Arena released. For most of that time Redguard has been a stam positive race. I don't see the problem? They should be stam-loaded.

Weird thing. Dunmer should be fire-loaded.... both resist and attack. Can't believe they did this whole thing here.
    Options
  • Mattock_Romulus
    Mattock_Romulus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    LiquidPony wrote: »
    Seraphayel wrote: »
    There is no reason to pick any race other than Breton in PvE right now. That's a problem.

I don't want to be rude but this problem exists solely in your (and a few others') head(s).

Then explain to me a single endgame scenario where it is advantageous to pick Altmer over Breton.

You said Altmer are better in trash fights. How many people have duplicates of their vMA or other set staves and can just carry 2 around (1 with a berserker glyph and 1 with an absorb glyph) to swap out between trash fights and boss fights?

Uhh ... I would say that just about everyone who has any reason to be concerned over the general 1-2% DPS difference between the top magicka races probably has multiples of all of their staves (and likely jewelry, too) for a variety of content. And if they don't, they should, because that's going to make a bigger DPS difference than choice of race.

At least two copies of some frontbar set staff (likely BSW or Spell Strat), one with an elemental glyph and one with a Prismatic. At least two copies of a Maelstrom staff, one with Berserker and one with Absorb. Ideally a completely different trash setup with a Lightning staff, ideally a BRP Lightning, Grothdarr, etc.

Same goes for stam. Hell, in vMoL HM I run 4 completely different gear/skill setups throughout the trial on stam. Trash, first boss, Twins, and Rakkhat all have different presets in AlphaGear. HoF is the same way. Typical sustained damage setups with long ramp-up times (like Rele + AY or Siroria) don't work on Archcustodian or even Triplets (these are good examples of places where burst damage is advantageous in PvE as well). Lots of groups swap to something like Leviathan + Veiled Heritance/Briarheart, or some other burst combo that's more effective for moving around a lot and switching targets, on these fights.

Different gear setups =/= duplicates of the same weapon with different enchantments. Nobody switches to another vMA staff with a different enchantment.

Wow. You sure you've endgamed before?
    Options
  • Mattock_Romulus
    Mattock_Romulus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    templesus wrote: »
    There is no reason to pick any race other than Breton in PvE right now. That's a problem.

I don't want to be rude but this problem exists solely in your (and a few others') head(s).

Then explain to me a single endgame scenario where it is advantageous to pick Altmer over Breton.

You said Altmer are better in trash fights. How many people have duplicates of their vMA or other set staves and can just carry 2 around (1 with a berserker glyph and 1 with an absorb glyph) to swap out between trash fights and boss fights?

Uhh ... I would say that just about everyone who has any reason to be concerned over the general 1-2% DPS difference between the top magicka races probably has multiples of all of their staves (and likely jewelry, too) for a variety of content. And if they don't, they should, because that's going to make a bigger DPS difference than choice of race.

At least two copies of some frontbar set staff (likely BSW or Spell Strat), one with an elemental glyph and one with a Prismatic. At least two copies of a Maelstrom staff, one with Berserker and one with Absorb. Ideally a completely different trash setup with a Lightning staff, ideally a BRP Lightning, Grothdarr, etc.

Same goes for stam. Hell, in vMoL HM I run 4 completely different gear/skill setups throughout the trial on stam. Trash, first boss, Twins, and Rakkhat all have different presets in AlphaGear. HoF is the same way. Typical sustained damage setups with long ramp-up times (like Rele + AY or Siroria) don't work on Archcustodian or even Triplets (these are good examples of places where burst damage is advantageous in PvE as well). Lots of groups swap to something like Leviathan + Veiled Heritance/Briarheart, or some other burst combo that's more effective for moving around a lot and switching targets, on these fights.

Different gear setups =/= duplicates of the same weapon with different enchantments. Nobody switches to another vMA staff with a different enchantment.

I quite literally have 5 different Gold VMA bow's in my bank with different traits and enchants. I carry two Masters bows on me with different traits and enchants and have 2 more in the bank, and I have an assortment of other bows in my Bank. I know most don't but I also know plenty of good players that do in fact have multiple weapons of one set for different situations.

Even if someone is swapping vMA staves with different enchants after every fight (we're talking 1% of the 1% here, at most), requiring such a mechanic to make Altmer competitive with Breton is beyond absurd. It's also not clear that it would actually improve your score as the waiting to leave combat to swap weapons (or to manually swap on console without add-ons) wastes time.

Everyone in my raid group has multiples of VMA Staves and Bows. Absolutely essential for fights like Rakkhat as a Prismatic is a significant DPS increase.

There's no point. Clearly you are arguing with an endgame novice. Apparently @MLGProPlayer has hardly done any serious raiding. He simply watched a couple of fear-mongering Youtube videos about Altmer nerfs. Then he comes to the forums and barfs misinformation on every other thread.
    Options
  • MLGProPlayer
    MLGProPlayer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

So you're telling me you swap out vMA staves to switch between spell damage and absorb glyphs between trash fights and boss fights?

Sure thing bud.
    Edited by MLGProPlayer on February 15, 2019 3:26AM
    Options
  • MLGProPlayer
    MLGProPlayer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Kolzki wrote: »
    Vapirko wrote: »
    Nox_Noir wrote: »
    Great work with these tests!

So here's proof that Orc is is completely and consistently outparsing everything else for Stam, while also having more HP than most races at the same time. Oh boy... I thought this was pretty obvious just from lookin at the numbers, but now heres actual proof... I really hope ZOS takes another look at this, seems like a massive oversight.

Lol, we still doing this? Yeah I’m sure ZOS didn’t realize. Uh oh there’s a new BiS Stam race in the house everyone yell and scream and abandon the game. Comes in a whole 50-100 dps above the next best race and like max 1k above the worst lol. Get over it. Basically all races have damn near equal DPS and Orc gets 1k health more. It’s only going to matter to the absolute min maxers. And if that’s how you want to play then don’t complain about it. I bet the difference will lessen/other races might come out on top once people start adjusting builds/coming up with new ones.

Well the meta dps races for magicka and stamina are also two of the toughest races available for their roles. Looks like the daggerfal covenant are now winning the pve racial passive meta for both stam and mag.

But Redguard has more sustain than Orcs..

But Altmer has more weapon damage than Bretons....

Is the meta sustain or weapon/spell power?
    Pick one please.

It's almost as if... Magicka and stamina play completely differently! Who would have thunk it?
    Edited by MLGProPlayer on February 15, 2019 3:22AM
    Options
  • MLGProPlayer
    MLGProPlayer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Fights with downtime.

But they don't?

DK: -433 (0.7%)
    NB: +449 (0.7%)
    Sorc: +219 (0.36%)
    Temp: +6 (0.001%)

For the 2/4 classes where they parsed higher, the difference wasn't significant.

Ohhh i see. You are throwing out parses where Altmer beats Breton. Now i understand why you think Bretons are superior in raw damage.

What are you taking about? They only did 4 parses.

The warden parse wasn't even close to reliable, and that's by the OP's own admission.

The fact that your argument completely falls apart unless you're using an unreiable sample tells me all I need to know about your thought process. You're "arguing" completely irrationally, ignoring any and all factual data to suit your agenda.
    Edited by MLGProPlayer on February 15, 2019 3:34AM
    Options
  • Mattock_Romulus
    Mattock_Romulus
    ✭✭✭✭✭

So you're telling me you swap out vMA staves to switch between spell damage and absorb glyphs between trash fights and boss fights?

Sure thing bud.

There you go again setting up strawman arguments.

You know full well that is not what he was referring to. Read the post again. Switching gear between various boss fights. Lol.
    Options
  • StytchFingal
    StytchFingal
    ✭✭✭

I quite literally have 5 different Gold VMA bow's in my bank with different traits and enchants. I carry two Masters bows on me with different traits and enchants and have 2 more in the bank, and I have an assortment of other bows in my Bank. I know most don't but I also know plenty of good players that do in fact have multiple weapons of one set for different situations.
    Even if someone is swapping vMA staves with different enchants after every fight (we're talking 1% of the 1% here, at most), requiring such a mechanic to make Altmer competitive with Breton is beyond absurd. It's also not clear that it would actually improve your score as the waiting to leave combat to swap weapons (or to manually swap on console without add-ons) wastes time.

It must get very tiring moving those goalposts all day long.
    Edited by StytchFingal on February 15, 2019 4:01AM
    Options
  • MLGProPlayer
    MLGProPlayer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Sure thing bud.

You know full well that is not what he was referring to. Read the post again. Switching gear between various boss fights. Lol.

They said Altmer would be superior in fights over Breton because they could slot berserker enchants in quick fights (essenrially trash fights and a handful of dungeon burns).

Nobody is going to carry around a vMA staff with a berserker enchant and another one with an absorb enchant to switch between for a.handful of fights where switching takes more time than you actually save by using the glyph.

The fact that anyone is even arguing such a niche and pointless scenario proves that Altmer > Breton is the biggest logical stretch you'll ever read on this board.
    Edited by MLGProPlayer on February 15, 2019 8:18AM
    Options
  • sionIV
    sionIV
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Imperial is in a good place now. Instead of nerfing the Imperial, buff Nord.

1000 -> 1500/1750 Health
    (Ult) When you take damage -> While you are in combat.
    Options
  • LiquidPony
    LiquidPony
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

Sure thing bud.

They said Altmer would be superior in fights over Breton because they could slot berserker enchants in quick fights (essenrially trash fights and a handful of dungeon burns).

Nobody is going to carry around a vMA staff with a berserker enchant and another one with an absorb enchant to switch between for a.handful of fights where switching takes more time than you actually save by using the glyph.

The fact that anyone is even arguing such a niche and pointless scenario proves that Altmer > Breton is the biggest logical stretch you'll ever read on this board.

You are wrong. That has already been demonstrated.

Switching gear between fights takes literally zero time on PC, and it makes a significant difference even if it's just swapping to the same exact set pieces with different enchants or traits.

This is Raid Optimization 101 my dude. Very basic stuff.
    Options
  • Pajor
    Pajor
    ✭✭✭✭
    Okay so the best dps magic pve races to be are high elf and Breton? I'm going to have to do a race change from khajiit then :D
    Options
  • grannas211
    grannas211
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Sure thing bud.

Switching gear between fights takes literally zero time on PC, and it makes a significant difference even if it's just swapping to the same exact set pieces with different enchants or traits.

what about the other 2/3 of the player base? Just to play devil's advocate
    Options
  • Elhan
    Elhan
    ✭✭✭

ofc we change gear between trashs and boss,you press 1 button and you switch gear/skills in a sec. in optimize group it's the way for good timer and quick fight. in a lot of raid we have different setup for each boss.

there is no difference between race for non optimize player, who care about 1-2k dps if you are not scoring?
    Edited by Elhan on February 15, 2019 2:57PM
    Options
  • Seraphayel
    Seraphayel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Klasen wrote: »
    Okay so the best dps magic pve races to be are high elf and Breton? I'm going to have to do a race change from khajiit then :D

If you want to be Magicka DPS why are you even Khajiit now?

And you can stay Khajiit, they will make formidable Magcika DPS in the upcoming update. I think a race change isn't worth it. But that's your choice.
    Edited by Seraphayel on February 15, 2019 2:20PM
    PS5
    EU
    Aldmeri Dominion
    - Khajiit Arcanist -
    Options
  • Brrrofski
    Brrrofski
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    sionIV wrote: »

1000 -> 1500/1750 Health

This would be great in Cyrodiil where you're stuck in combat for 10 minutes solid without fighting. All the ult!!
    Options
  • Ajax_22
    Ajax_22
    ✭✭✭✭✭

1000 -> 1500/1750 Health

I think 1500 health would be good. It would allow Nords to use max stat, regen food. The ultimate change would also allow a more consistent use of the passive for healers, and DPS, without changing much for tanks. The only place this could become a problem would be in Cyrodiil, but we'd have to see it in action there to gage how big of an impact it could have.
    Options
  • sionIV
    sionIV
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Brrrofski wrote: »

1000 -> 1500/1750 Health

This would be great in Cyrodiil where you're stuck in combat for 10 minutes solid without fighting. All the ult!!

Let ZOS deal with that issue. If they can't fix their game, then that's on them.
    Edited by sionIV on February 15, 2019 2:57PM
    Options
  • Toc de Malsvi
    Toc de Malsvi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    grannas211 wrote: »

Sure thing bud.

what about the other 2/3 of the player base? Just to play devil's advocate

Swapping entire setups can be very time consuming on console, but only swapping weapons for enchants is really not a big deal even on console. As long as you don't keep 10 weapons of the same type on you its super easy. I usually keep 3-4 on me and the rest are in my bank, if I think I will want/need another before a dungeon/PVP/Trial etc I just pull it out of the bank. Obviously not as fast as with an addon on PC, but still very manageable with little lost time, only issue is when you get stuck in combat between pulls.

To be clear I'm not defending any argument that everyone should have to swap weapons. Just merely pointing out that its not that hard, especially for hardcore players. If you want that 1k more dps on a particular fight you are going to keep several setups at the ready for different scenarios.
    Legendary Archer of Valenwood
    Bosmer Dragon Knight Archer. XBox One. (Flawless Conqueror Bow/Bow)
    Bosmer Nightblade Archer. Xbox One. (Flawless Conqueror Bow/Bow)
    Bosmer Sorcerer Archer. Xbox One. (Flawless Conqueror Bow/Bow)
    Bosmer Warden Archer. Xbox One. (Flawless Conqueror Bow/Bow)
    Templar's are evil..
    Options
  • AndyMac
    AndyMac
    ✭✭✭✭
    Thanks for you efforts with this.

As a 4 plus year Dunmer mDK main, I've gone from very worried to not really worried at all with a single post :)

So, you know, props.
    Andymac - Magicka DK - EP Grand Overlord - Flawless Conqueror
    Options
  • Joxer61
    Joxer61
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So with the dust settled is Khajit going to be the go to for Magplar or Breton? That's ll, simple question.... ;)
    Options
  • Wolfahm
    Wolfahm
    ✭✭✭
    Why 4-5k gaps in parses?
    Edited by Wolfahm on February 17, 2019 12:39PM
    MAKE KHAJIITS CRIT AGAIN!!!

|Wolf Ahm the Unchained|
    - 4 Nightblades | 3 Stam/1 Mag -
    - 2 Templars | Stam/Healer -
    - 2 Sorc | Stam/Mag -
    - 2 Wardens | Stam/Mag -
    - 1 DK | Tank/Stam -
    || Aldmeri Dominion ||

Options
  • susmitds
    susmitds
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wolfahm wrote: »
    Why 4-5k gaps in parses?

Did not want to introduce bias in sample size by normalizing crit variance, which affects parses a lot due to Major Force Uptime especially in execute range. Also consistency of parses tend to show which races are easier to parse with (sustain races have lower DPS but high consistency on this front).
    Options
  • Wolfahm
    Wolfahm
    ✭✭✭
    @susmitds :star: thanks for the data
    MAKE KHAJIITS CRIT AGAIN!!!

|Wolf Ahm the Unchained|
    - 4 Nightblades | 3 Stam/1 Mag -
    - 2 Templars | Stam/Healer -
    - 2 Sorc | Stam/Mag -
    - 2 Wardens | Stam/Mag -
    - 1 DK | Tank/Stam -
    || Aldmeri Dominion ||

Options
  • Tatertodd
    Tatertodd
    ✭✭
    Much thanks to you for taking the time and effort to document this. <3
    Options
  • Ri_Khan
    Ri_Khan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Too bad Nords didn't get invited to the DD party :(
    Options
  • Protoavis73
    Protoavis73
    ✭✭✭
    Ri_Khan wrote: »

Agree, I think they're probably close to 'no racial' dps. It's all quite close imo.
    Being a Nord Stamina NB myself I find this data very useful to see which race change I might be interested in.
    @susmitds Thanks for the data!
    Options
  • Jhalin
    Jhalin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Ri_Khan wrote: »

Agree, I think they're probably close to 'no racial' dps. It's all quite close imo.
    Being a Nord Stamina NB myself I find this data very useful to see which race change I might be interested in.
    @susmitds Thanks for the data!

I’m pretty sure they are the “No Racial”
    control parse
    Options