The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

What is your endgame PvP goal?

• technohic
    technohic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Other.
    I would have said just chill with my friends, but that is just what makes it more bearable. Changing up builds and character also just makes it bearable and might help toward my goal. Really; I just like to get better little by little.
    Edited by technohic on January 29, 2019 7:43PM
  • Tirps
    Tirps
    ✭✭✭✭
    Other.
    Have fun and get some ap while on it, but that fun part just feels way too hard to achieve at this time of era..
    cp1k+ ( ´•౪•`)
  • Knootewoot
    Knootewoot
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Other.
    Just to have fun. Defend keeps, attack keeps, heal my faction and burn enemy sieges.

If we win, i think it's great. If we lose.. well, i like defending a keep more so i dont mind.
    ٩(͡๏̯͡๏)۶
    "I am a nightblade. Blending the disciplines of the stealthy agent and subtle wizard, I move unseen and undetected, foil locks and traps, and teleport to safety when threatened, or strike like a viper from ambush. The College of Illusion hides me and fuddles or pacifies my opponents. The College of Mysticism detects my object, reflects and dispels enemy spells, and makes good my escape. The key to a nightblade's success is avoidance, by spell or by stealth; with these skills, all things are possible."
  • Mrsinister2
    Mrsinister2
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I just wana kill people and knock them off ledges and bridges

Do sweet jumps on my horse

And make it up the keep stairs in only one try
  • Nermy
    Nermy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    To help my guild/s.
    To PvP
    @Nermy
    Ex-Leader of The Wabbajack [EU EP PvP guild - Now stood down from active duty]
    BLOOD FOR THE PACT!!!

Nermden - EP Warden, Nerm-in'a'tor - EP Dragon Knight, N'erm - EP Sorcerer, D'arkness - EP Nightblade, Nermy - EP Templar

“Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.” ― Oscar Wilde

"An Army is a team; lives, sleeps, eats, fights as a team. This individual heroic stuff is a lot of crap." -General George S. Patton
  • Cry
    Cry
    To win campaigns for my faction.
    To make AD great again inst an option...
  • Lord_Sando
    Lord_Sando
    ✭✭✭
    Other.
    Most of my time in pvp is sent attempting to summon my mount....
  • Delimber
    Delimber
    ✭✭✭
    Other.
    My goal is to advance from the worst pvper to the 2nd worst pvper :p
    Edited by Delimber on January 30, 2019 5:41PM
    Solo PvP and PvE most of the time.
    CP 2300+
  • ChunkyCat
    ChunkyCat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Other.
    Have fun.
  • Minno
    Minno
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Other.
    KILL and tbag nightblades, earthgore/slouds/snipe users lol.
    Minno - DC - Forum-plar Extraordinaire
    - Guild-lead for MV
    - Filthy Casual
  • montiferus
    montiferus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    To become the best 1/2/3vXer or outnumbered PvP player I can be.
    I should have put "other" which is to say

I hope one day to get out of combat when the combat I was initially engaged in actually concluded.

Sadly this is how low the bar is set for this game.
  • cpuScientist
    cpuScientist
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I WANNA BE THE VERY BEST
    LIKE NO ONE EVER WAS!!!
    TO CRUSH EP IS MY REAL QUEST
    TO PWN AD MY CAUSE!!!
    ELDER SCROLLS!!?
  • BaylorCorvette
    BaylorCorvette
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Other.
    Original goal was Grand Overlord and Emperor, both of which I've attained.

Now it's taking my 6-7 man and trying to win super outnumbered fights and having fun with builds while doing it. I don't require anyone in my group to run a specific class/build/gear set up so we aren't min/max but still have success.
    Supreme Leader Corvette - StamSorc
    Founder of Dominion Special Forces
    YouTube - ESO & Automotive Racing
    DC Zerg Busting
  • Kikazaru
    Kikazaru
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Other.
    My endgame goal is to see how long it takes for me to disconnect after logging into cyrodiil.
    Mizaru

“Let your plans be dark and impenetrable as night, and when you move, fall like a thunderbolt.”
  • emma666
    emma666
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mintaka5 wrote: »
    @Mintaka5 I can help you find that secret sauce if you want. Just ask me in pms or in game. But you might not like the answer because the short version is you just need to practice and play a lot to try to get better.

@LeifErickson well my point is there shouldn't be a "secret sauce". You see me often in PvP, so not liking the answer is an irrelevant point. I've been playing this game for years, on multiple types of builds. I've have spent 100s of hours learning different types of rotations, swapping out all kinds of gear, and manipulating CP. I practice on a target dummy. I was in a dueling guild, where we practiced every day. Even after fighting you I have made many adjustments to my build, but I cannot learn from someone who kills in 1 or 2 executions, because I don't understand the dynamic of what happened in such a short period of time. I've made the effort to get better, and have not gotten better. Why?

The mere fact that you and a handful of other players in PvP consistently dominate demonstrates that your builds are too OP compared to the general population of the game due to a designed mechanic and not soley skill, or you might be using some kind of cheat. I'm not accusing you, but honestly, no one wins all of the time. NO ONE! Why not just tell us all what the secret is. I'm sure we'd all like to LEARN it.

Light attacks, animation canceling, a basic understanding of other classes skills, efficient build, good ping and pure reflexes.
    If you've played the game for years and spent 100s of hours "learning" but still get one shot on the regular by lowbies in 1v1s, you are doing something wrong. It's also rude to slyly accuse people who are better than you of cheating, especially when they offer you help.
    Nymeria - Ebonheart - Grand Overlady - Imperial Templar - Havoc

I wish you good fortune in the wars to come.
  • Mr_Walker
    Mr_Walker
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    To have fun.
    emma666 wrote: »
    Light attacks, animation canceling, a basic understanding of other classes skills, efficient build, good ping and pure reflexes.
    If you've played the game for years and spent 100s of hours "learning" but still get one shot on the regular by lowbies in 1v1s, you are doing something wrong. It's also rude to slyly accuse people who are better than you of cheating, especially when they offer you help.

Sadly, this very important factor means everyone outside con US and Europe is fighting with one hand tied behind their back.

Just to illustrate... I only tank dungeons on normal, with a sap tank, to ease the burden on the healer. Why? Because by the time I see the cues on the screen to block/interrupt, the server already thinks I've failed. Even though on my end I've blocked/interrupted with plenty of time up my sleeve.

Bit disheartening sometimes really. Also affects ani-cancelling to an extent.
  • Darkmage1337
    Darkmage1337
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Other.
    To get Emperor on all 9/9 characters (soon to be 10/10 with Necromancer coming soon).
    Currently 5/9 Former Emperor characters, so already halfway there.
    After that, you know, play the game, PvP, teach new players, etc. :blush:
    ESO Platform/Region: PC/NA. ESO ID: @Darkmage1337
    GM of Absolute Virtue. Co-GM of Absolute Vice. 8-time Former Emperor, out of 13 characters. 3 Templars, 3 Sorcerers, 2 Nightblades, 2 Dragonknights, 1 Warden. 1 Necromancer, and 1 Arcanist. The Ebonheart Pact: The Dark-Mage (Former Emperor), The Undying Nightshade, The Moonlit-Knight, The Killionaire (Former Emperor), Swims-Among-Slaughterfish (Former Emperor), The Undead Mage, and The Dark-Warlock. The Aldmeri Dominion: The Dawn-Bringer (Former Empress), The Ironwood Kid (Former Emperor), and The Storm-Sword. The Daggerfall Covenant: The Storm-Shield (Former Empress), The Savage-Beast, and The Burning-Crusader CP: 1,800.
  • emma666
    emma666
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mr_Walker wrote: »
    To have fun.
    emma666 wrote: »

Sadly, this very important factor means everyone outside con US and Europe is fighting with one hand tied behind their back.

Just to illustrate... I only tank dungeons on normal, with a sap tank, to ease the burden on the healer. Why? Because by the time I see the cues on the screen to block/interrupt, the server already thinks I've failed. Even though on my end I've blocked/interrupted with plenty of time up my sleeve.

Bit disheartening sometimes really. Also affects ani-cancelling to an extent.

Oh yeah, I know all too well! I play from Europe on NA server and having that extra delay and lag is frustrating to say the least.
    Nymeria - Ebonheart - Grand Overlady - Imperial Templar - Havoc

I wish you good fortune in the wars to come.
  • Mudcrabber
    Mudcrabber
    ✭✭✭✭
    Other.
    I pvp to get caltrops and transmute crystals.
  • Knootewoot
    Knootewoot
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Other.
    I WANNA BE THE VERY BEST
    LIKE NO ONE EVER WAS!!!
    TO CRUSH EP IS MY REAL QUEST
    TO PWN AD MY CAUSE!!!
    ELDER SCROLLS!!?

This made my day. Ok, back to work...
    ٩(͡๏̯͡๏)۶
    "I am a nightblade. Blending the disciplines of the stealthy agent and subtle wizard, I move unseen and undetected, foil locks and traps, and teleport to safety when threatened, or strike like a viper from ambush. The College of Illusion hides me and fuddles or pacifies my opponents. The College of Mysticism detects my object, reflects and dispels enemy spells, and makes good my escape. The key to a nightblade's success is avoidance, by spell or by stealth; with these skills, all things are possible."
  • KenaPKK
    KenaPKK
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    PvP is ded, please stop making stupid polls on the forums.
    @Mintaka5 I can help you find that secret sauce if you want. Just ask me in pms or in game. But you might not like the answer because the short version is you just need to practice and play a lot to try to get better.

@LeifErickson well my point is there shouldn't be a "secret sauce". You see me often in PvP, so not liking the answer is an irrelevant point. I've been playing this game for years, on multiple types of builds. I've have spent 100s of hours learning different types of rotations, swapping out all kinds of gear, and manipulating CP. I practice on a target dummy. I was in a dueling guild, where we practiced every day. Even after fighting you I have made many adjustments to my build, but I cannot learn from someone who kills in 1 or 2 executions, because I don't understand the dynamic of what happened in such a short period of time. I've made the effort to get better, and have not gotten better. Why?

The mere fact that you and a handful of other players in PvP consistently dominate demonstrates that your builds are too OP compared to the general population of the game due to a designed mechanic and not soley skill, or you might be using some kind of cheat. I'm not accusing you, but honestly, no one wins all of the time. NO ONE! Why not just tell us all what the secret is. I'm sure we'd all like to LEARN it.

If you have truly dedicated the time you claim to learning PvP but still fail to improve past getting one shot within two burst attempts, then you're doing something wrong.

To quickly run through your list, rotations, gear, CP, and target dummies are the last things you need to be focused on.

You are spot on that you cannot learn from a person who kills you quickly. You need someone to sit down for longer duels, pushing your limits and teaching you without killing you outright.

I advise you not to look first to gear or CP alterations after losing fights. The most significant improvement will be a mental shift to genuine self-criticism fueling mechanical practice. The "secret" is, first and foremost, blaming yourself for each loss -- looking at your own gameplay for mistakes and improvements -- not your gear or other players' gear or "cheats" or other external factors. I can tell from your confusion and from your frustrated pms floating around in Discord screenshots that you struggle with this humility and self-criticism. The second secret is surrounding yourself with friends who want to help you improve and are significantly better than you in order to elevate yourself. Only lastly do equipment, CP, and other external factors weigh in. You can tweak those things once you've established your mental attitude and some teachers, but honestly your build will not be a vital factor in "getting good."

That's my genuine advice to you. Legend is the active dueling guild on PC NA currently. You're welcome to join to get back into a learning community. Hmu in game if you'd like.
    Kena
    Legion XIII
    Excellence without elitism
    Premier small scale PvP

Legend
    NA/PC original dueling and general PvP community guild
    Now the hub of competitive dueling and the joined PvP communities of NA and EU/PC

Apex Predator.

Here's a great thread collecting community ideas for PvP updates.

[MEGATHREAD] Feedback Threads for Class Reps

Class Representative Feedback Discords:
    Nightblade Discussion:
    https://discord.gg/t2Xhnu6

Dragonknight Discussion:
    https://discord.gg/UHtZhz8

Sorcerer Discussion:
    https://discord.gg/e3QkCS8

Templar Discussion:
    https://discord.gg/WvVuSw7

Warden Discussion:
    https://discord.gg/sTFY4ys

General Healing Discussion:
    https://discord.gg/6CmzBFb

TONKS!
    https://discord.gg/DRNYd39

Werewolf Discussion:
    https://discord.gg/aDEx2ev

Vampire Discussion:
    https://discord.gg/yfzck8Q
  • Royaji
    Royaji
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Other.
    To get as many teabags as I can after rolling people over in a zerg :trollface:
    Edited by Royaji on February 1, 2019 10:58AM
  • LeifErickson
    LeifErickson
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    KenaPKK wrote: »

If you have truly dedicated the time you claim to learning PvP but still fail to improve past getting one shot within two burst attempts, then you're doing something wrong.

To quickly run through your list, rotations, gear, CP, and target dummies are the last things you need to be focused on.

You are spot on that you cannot learn from a person who kills you quickly. You need someone to sit down for longer duels, pushing your limits and teaching you without killing you outright.

I advise you not to look first to gear or CP alterations after losing fights. The most significant improvement will be a mental shift to genuine self-criticism fueling mechanical practice. The "secret" is, first and foremost, blaming yourself for each loss -- looking at your own gameplay for mistakes and improvements -- not your gear or other players' gear or "cheats" or other external factors. I can tell from your confusion and from your frustrated pms floating around in Discord screenshots that you struggle with this humility and self-criticism. The second secret is surrounding yourself with friends who want to help you improve and are significantly better than you in order to elevate yourself. Only lastly do equipment, CP, and other external factors weigh in. You can tweak those things once you've established your mental attitude and some teachers, but honestly your build will not be a vital factor in "getting good."

That's my genuine advice to you. Legend is the active dueling guild on PC NA currently. You're welcome to join to get back into a learning community. Hmu in game if you'd like.

@Mintaka5 This is the secret sauce you are looking for.
  • CyrusArya
    CyrusArya
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

@Mintaka5 This is the secret sauce you are looking for.

Awe man. I thought it was Sriracha....

On a serious note, to address the topic, its always been to improve as a player and hone the classes I enjoy. The whole process is enjoyable from the drawing board to the battlefield. In my experience, the journey is just as important as the destination.
    Edited by CyrusArya on February 1, 2019 4:16PM
    A R Y A
    -Atmosphere
    -Ary'a
    Czarya
    The K-Hole ~ Phałanx
    My PvP Videos
  • Ahtu
    Ahtu
    ✭✭✭✭
    Other.
    I fight to unite Cyrodiil (Vivec).
  • NBrookus
    NBrookus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    KenaPKK wrote: »
    I advise you not to look first to gear or CP alterations after losing fights. The most significant improvement will be a mental shift to genuine self-criticism fueling mechanical practice. The "secret" is, first and foremost, blaming yourself for each loss -- looking at your own gameplay for mistakes and improvements -- not your gear or other players' gear or "cheats" or other external factors.

The game is also a lot more fun if your first thought after losing is "that person did X very well" instead of dwelling on a negative.
  • Turelus
    Turelus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    To win campaigns for my faction.
    I've always played for objectives, it gives some meaning and enjoyment to Cyrodiil. Especially when you play with large organised guilds and can play the map like an RTS.
    @Turelus - EU PC Megaserver
    "Don't count on others for help. In the end each of us is in this alone. The survivors are those who know how to look out for themselves."
  • Zelos
    Zelos
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Other.
    To see how long I can go without crashing or forcing a game crash becuase of how much lag there is when trying to 1vX:)
    Aeonhack - AD Stamina Nightblade - 5 Star General

CP1200

Creator and user of "Questionable" addons and game mechanics.
  • Ragnaroek93
    Ragnaroek93
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    The PvP part in this game is dead. It doesn't have enough skill ceiling nor is competitive enough for me personally. I don't understand how people are still willing to put much effort into this game in the current state, it's imo far less impressive than being good at other stuff.
    I used to think that PvP was a tragedy, but now I realize, it's a comedy.
  • Murador178
    Murador178
    ✭✭✭✭
    Lag has killed PvP and the fact how easy it is to survive in this game. The real PvP is in the forum these days. And like @Ragnaroek93 said the skill ceiling is too low .
    Edited by Murador178 on February 4, 2019 2:29PM