The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

What is your endgame PvP goal?

• BRogueNZ
    BRogueNZ
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Other.
    none, wanted legate black but that was awhile back

now its more fun for five minutes or derping around while watching something on TV

• Bridges1120
    Bridges1120
    ✭✭
    I'd love to have an Emperor someday but the closest I've ever come is top 7 in Kyne, and the person who was at the top had more than double the 2nd spot.

I joked once I'd take a week off to secure it, I didn't realize I was unintentionally serious.
  • Mintaka5
    Mintaka5
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Other.
    KenaPKK wrote: »

If you have truly dedicated the time you claim to learning PvP but still fail to improve past getting one shot within two burst attempts, then you're doing something wrong.

To quickly run through your list, rotations, gear, CP, and target dummies are the last things you need to be focused on.

You are spot on that you cannot learn from a person who kills you quickly. You need someone to sit down for longer duels, pushing your limits and teaching you without killing you outright.

I advise you not to look first to gear or CP alterations after losing fights. The most significant improvement will be a mental shift to genuine self-criticism fueling mechanical practice. The "secret" is, first and foremost, blaming yourself for each loss -- looking at your own gameplay for mistakes and improvements -- not your gear or other players' gear or "cheats" or other external factors. I can tell from your confusion and from your frustrated pms floating around in Discord screenshots that you struggle with this humility and self-criticism. The second secret is surrounding yourself with friends who want to help you improve and are significantly better than you in order to elevate yourself. Only lastly do equipment, CP, and other external factors weigh in. You can tweak those things once you've established your mental attitude and some teachers, but honestly your build will not be a vital factor in "getting good."

That's my genuine advice to you. Legend is the active dueling guild on PC NA currently. You're welcome to join to get back into a learning community. Hmu in game if you'd like.

Thanks, for this advice, but honestly, I've heard this before, applied it, and the end result is continuing to wipe to overpowered players. Every time I leave Cyrodiil I am rethinking everything. To think that I don't blame myself, is just misled. If you truly see my frustration, then cut the ***. I know you guys aren't running around winning fights on "mental shift" alone. That's utter trash advice, and I've heard it many times before! I've run around in Cyrodiil with base level gear on (no sets, no traits, no nothing...), the difference in performance was marginal.

You're assuming that I've just come into PvP, and that couldn't be any further from the truth. Assuming that I play around my build is so wrong I don't even know how to digest the rest of what you're telling me. I simply cannot wrap my head around this elusive doctrine of yours.
    Edited by Mintaka5 on February 4, 2019 8:12PM
  • CatchMeTrolling
    CatchMeTrolling
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Don’t have one and that’s the problem as a veteran player. Pvp doesn’t really have an endgame.
  •  Jules
    Jules
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    To become the best 1/2/3vXer or outnumbered PvP player I can be.
    Improving mechanically as an outnumbered player in any context seems the ultimate goal in PVP to me.

Playing with friends/guild is obviously still top of the priority list, but happens naturally. Doesn't really need to be a goal.
    JULES | PC NA | ADAMANT

IGN- @Juies || Youtube || Twitch
    EP - Julianos . Jules . Family Jules . Jules of Misrule. Joy
    DC - Julsie . Jules . Jukes . Jojuji . Juliet . Jaded
    AD - Juice . Jubaited . Joules . Julmanji . Julogy . Jubroni . Ju Jitsu

Rest in Peace G & Yi
    Viva La Aristocracy
  • DisgracefulMind
    DisgracefulMind
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I don't care, I just want to chill with my friends.
    I used to care about being a good player, now I just log on to enjoy my friends. My goal every play session is to relax and just have a good time.

I think spending time with people I care about and it being quality time is the best goal I can have when it comes to this game.
    Unfortunate magicka warden main.
    PC/NA Server
    Fairweather Friends
    Retired to baby bgs forever. Leave me alone.
  • Elong
    Elong
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I don't care, I just want to chill with my friends.
    I used to care about being a good player, now I just log on to enjoy my friends. My goal every play session is to relax and just have a good time.

I think spending time with people I care about and it being quality time is the best goal I can have when it comes to this game.

Awwwwwww <3
  • NirnStorm
    NirnStorm
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jules wrote: »
    Improving mechanically as an outnumbered player in any context seems the ultimate goal in PVP to me.

Playing with friends/guild is obviously still top of the priority list, but happens naturally. Doesn't really need to be a goal.

Love the way you put that.
    Exactly what I'm here for.
    Characters: (PC NA)
    Ruerock | mDK ___________________________________ Nirnstorm | Magplar
    Ruepork the Magsorc | Magsorc __________________ Nirnshade | Magblade
    Pay To Warden | Magden _________________________ Moar Siege | Stamsorc
    Necrotic Orb | Magcro ____________________________ Bluerock | mDK
    Thelol Kadjit | Magplar ___________________________ Chalman Keep | Stamden
    Characters: (PC EU)
    Reurock | mDK ___________________________________ Nirnstorm | Magplar
    Refrigerator Boy | Magden _______________________ One Button AoE Stun| Magsorc
    Why So Spearious | Stamplar _____________________ Ree ee ee ee | StamDK
    Faction Locked | Magblade _______________________ Bae Blade| Stamblade
    You Shalk Not Pass | Stamden ____________________ Frag N Cheese | Magsorc

🔥 Nirnstorm.com - Top Tier PvP Builds & Guides 🔥

ESO Stream Team Member
    Twitch
    : Twitch.tv/Nirnstorm
    YouTube: YouTube.com/Nirnstorm
    Community Discord: https://discord.gg/APy9KK3

PvP Guild - Flame - [ Videos ]

Faction Lock contradicts the One-Tamriel concept.
    Please do NOT keep it in the game.
  • Kadoin
    Kadoin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Other.
    To one day gain back all the power I lost after One Tamriel.
  • mateosalvaje
    mateosalvaje
    ✭✭✭✭
    Other.
    I would like to get Emperor some day, also finish collecting the pvp motif
    I've been wrong before, and I'll be wrong again.
  • technohic
    technohic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Other.
    New goal. Be able to fire off an ability or weapon swap the first time and within a second.
  • Beaverton
    Beaverton
    ✭✭✭
    To not be an utter disappointment to my group mates.
    Chook (fill in the blank) or Chookana (likewise): I learn more by dying so teach me some more!
  • Grimlok_S
    Grimlok_S
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mintaka5 wrote: »
    I've run around in Cyrodiil with base level gear on (no sets, no traits, no nothing...), the difference in performance was marginal.
    @Mintaka5 do you use your hands when you play?
    Light Attack Hero

Class context
    Stamplar
    StamDK
    Stamsorc
    MagDK
    StamMAGStamden
    Magplar
    Stam NB
    Bomb NB
  •  Jules
    Jules
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    NirnStorm wrote: »

Love the way you put that.
    Exactly what I'm here for.

@NirnStorm Same man. Good people and good fights is BIS :)
    JULES | PC NA | ADAMANT

Rest in Peace G & Yi
    Viva La Aristocracy
  •  Jules
    Jules
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Thanks, for this advice, but honestly, I've heard this before, applied it, and the end result is continuing to wipe to overpowered players.

@KenaPKK ‘s advice is solid. If you really truly want to get better, perhaps you should try listening instead of immediately dismissing it. If you’re up for it, I’d be happy to practicing dueling ya and help in any way I can.
    JULES | PC NA | ADAMANT

Rest in Peace G & Yi
    Viva La Aristocracy
  • Mintaka5
    Mintaka5
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Other.
    Grimlok_S wrote: »
    I've run around in Cyrodiil with base level gear on (no sets, no traits, no nothing...), the difference in performance was marginal.
    @Mintaka5 do you use your hands when you play?

No. All base level gear including weapons.
  • Iskiab
    Iskiab
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    To help my guild/s.
    PvP is the end goal, I guess it's having fun. Achievements are irrelevant.
    Looking for any guildies I used to play with:
    Havoc Warhammer - Alair
    LoC EQ2 - Mayi and Iskiab
    Condemned and Tabula Rasa - Rift - Iskiab
    Or anyone else I used to play games with in guilds I’ve forgotten
  • Mintaka5
    Mintaka5
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Other.
    Thanks, for this advice, but honestly, I've heard this before, applied it, and the end result is continuing to wipe to overpowered players.

@KenaPKK ‘s advice is solid. If you really truly want to get better, perhaps you should try listening instead of immediately dismissing it. If you’re up for it, I’d be happy to practicing dueling ya and help in any way I can.

Yeah man I get it. Advice is great, but this type of advice is always doled out in ESO, and I don't know whether I'm being trolled or just given intangible advice. I need something that is applicable, and not some lame advice that is going to lead me a zen journey through my mind. It's a damn video game FFS!

@KenaPKK's advice may be solid, but it comes off snide.

Anyhow I'm done with accomplishing end-game goals in PvP. It's beyond pointless that I've been playing for 4 or 5 years and have not accomplished a meaningful place in PvP. I've paid my dues, and I'm over it. You guys enjoy your pretentious successes.
    Edited by Mintaka5 on February 11, 2019 5:48PM
  • Dutchessx
    Dutchessx
    ✭✭✭✭

Yeah man I get it. Advice is great, but this type of advice is always doled out in ESO, and I don't know whether I'm being trolled or just given intangible advice. I need something that is applicable, and not some lame advice that is going to lead me a zen journey through my mind. It's a damn video game FFS!

Anyhow I'm done with accomplishing end-game goals in PvP. It's beyond pointless that I've been playing for 4 or 5 years and have not accomplished a meaningful place in PvP. I've paid my dues, and I'm over it. You guys enjoy your pretentious successes.

Hey, I just wanted to say I read your post & the people who responded to you. I wanted to add I understand your frustration with trying to learn and getting advice from people and not seeing any change. I remember being in your shoes. I would hate to think where I would be if I had not met the people like @Zander98 and some others who basically taught me the game and how to sorc and magplar. I also know that there are people who I might never defeat in a 1v1, but I am cool with that it won’t ever stop me from trying and learning because it is an on going process you never really arrive. But, you have 2 really good pvp’ers offering to help you. It really boils down to are you willing to get back up and ride back out or lay there dead. If I were you I would jump on their offer. Be encouraged and don’t give up it can be a lot more fun.
    Edited by Dutchessx on February 11, 2019 8:04PM
    Former Guild Leader Darkest Requiem
    Dutchessx - Sorcerer - EP NA
    Dütchess - Templar - DC NA
    Dutchess of Lost Souls - DC NA
    The Dark Dutchess- Sorcerer - DC NA
    Ðutchess - Templar - DC NA
    Always beware the sound of hooves in the night
    Remember Haderus
    Remember Azura's Star
  • Dutchessx
    Dutchessx
    ✭✭✭✭
    I put to be the best pvp’er I can be. I know I haven’t reached the best of what I can be yet but I feel it is a personal level to beat. However, that is only a portion of it. I also enjoy playing with people I know. To me being with friends, pushing myself, and finding some good fights is all there is left in this game.
    Edited by Dutchessx on February 11, 2019 8:10PM
    Former Guild Leader Darkest Requiem
    Dutchessx - Sorcerer - EP NA
    Dütchess - Templar - DC NA
    Dutchess of Lost Souls - DC NA
    The Dark Dutchess- Sorcerer - DC NA
    Ðutchess - Templar - DC NA
    Always beware the sound of hooves in the night
    Remember Haderus
    Remember Azura's Star
  • Defilted
    Defilted
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Other.
    • Improve overall as a PVP player
    • Help my faction win the campaign
    XBOX NA
    XBOX Series X

#NightmareBear
  • Devil_Keyz
    Devil_Keyz
    ✭✭✭
    Grand overlord 👌🏽👌🏽
  • zyk
    zyk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I continue to play to laugh at how the pug stompers spin their actions into honor and chivalry.
  • Enkil
    Enkil
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Other.
    I play to make progress and help new players learn... fight towards the common goal...

The scoring with the scrolls WAY OVER-VALUED is a total joke, so I just play to make progress while I’m on...

Who wins the campaign = who plays pvdoor on most campaigns

I don’t get tripped up on that nonsense.

Winning consistently in prime time vs. reasonably equal numbers (hopefully in well faughtt lengthy battles) is what Brings satisfaction.

Edited by Enkil on February 12, 2019 7:22PM
  • usmcjdking
    usmcjdking
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    To be the last DSwinger in ESO.
  • KBKB
    KBKB
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Other.
    Improve on my best mounts thus far all of which unfortunately came on Wabbajack hah!

killing a group of 35/40 EP solo in a flagged KC (keeping it flagged too) just running them up and down the towers/walls while I waited for the DC to run back from DC. I got the old /sweep out after.

That was the old Streak and Overload days it was an absolute massacre when you included oils and Negate I came became good mates with the leader of that group we still test out solo builds vs each other (I'm still better =P)

Group of 15 AD besieging a DC held Alessia from the LM side Set up 2 trebs

Fire treb > Streak stun majority > Negate > streak back through > Fire treb > spam Mages fury.

Then on non vet;

Capped 3 Scrolls after solo defending Roe on my NB was only like 6/7 and zone was paning me for being a noob not going to the zerged Ales for Defense in non CP we were holding off EP from emperor. Ales fell Roe stayed up EP were denied emp we pushed back I delivered our two home scrolls and took Ghartok to a fresh captured ASH after being chased from Chalman. Then the rot started final day of camp and we mananged to cap them to gates for a 20 point win in the last tick I take a slight personal credit for that win in my eyes.

I still talk to the group that pursued me from Chal to Ash after the salt settled.
  •  Jules
    Jules
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Jeeze. You can lead a horse to water but you can't make him drink.
    JULES | PC NA | ADAMANT

Rest in Peace G & Yi
    Viva La Aristocracy
  • KBKB
    KBKB
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Other.
    @Mintaka5

Everyone can get animation clipped wtf-pwnt by a glass cannon NB in less than 2 seconds (capable set ups of dishing damamge back) but if they're running at you and cloak fair chance they're opening with incap or SP to stun and then exe you with high damage.

Premeditate their movements and damage as soon as i see the arms go up for an ambush (it has a sort of cast time) I streak/dodge/block/ward/petrify/cloak try to flank them and lay the first attack instead of coping an incap defiling 14k stun. Back in the old days I just used to hit them with shard proc was hilarious start ambush > 10k stun stopped where they started.

Your actual positioning is huge in a fight, running through them means they have to turn to you if you are back peddling more often than not you are in trouble. If you play too defensive you give them a free rain and rss while you just drain your own making it harder to counter back to offense.

The starts with you is 95% correct in this game I mean there are some absolute class counters and cancer builds that no matter what you're shagged, and hackers/exploiters (defs a thing dont let anyone say otherwise) but if you expected to beat everyone every time wearing the same gear with same skills you'd be expecting to be the best in the world.

Edit it's basically class knowledge

Play them all know what to expect as your staple entry from a Stam Templar or Mag Night Blade into combat and adjust yourself accordingly. having said this if im one my glass cannon S NB I'll just avoid most DKs that are built tanky but still hurt (unless i witness some terrible play then I will give it a go)
    Edited by KBKB on February 13, 2019 1:52AM
  • Katahdin
    Katahdin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Other.
    I already managed to get emperor on one character.

So my PvP goals are in this order

1. To have fun playing with my guild/alliance against other players
    2. To find awsome fair and equal fights where skill and strategy matter, not vastly outnumber or be outnumbered
    3. To play the map for my faction, including taking/holding keeps and killing players from other factions
    4. To get better at PvP in general
    5. Dat sweet AP
    6. Get to Grand Overlord on my former emperor in the process
    Edited by Katahdin on February 13, 2019 9:26PM
    Beta tester November 2013
  • VDoom1
    VDoom1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    To win campaigns for my faction.
    To become Emperor/Empress! Nah that is kind of difficult so I don't know about that. :wink: One day perhaps....

But I generally just PvP for fun, when I feel like it. My goal, well if my faction actually wins that would be awesome. Kind of why we fight to, for victory. Though I'm working on the ranks and titles, Grand Overlord, sounds good. B)
    Edited by VDoom1 on February 17, 2019 4:03PM
    We Fight For Cyrodiil.
    We fight for The Daggerfall Covenant.
    We fight for The Aldmeri Dominion.
    We fight for The Ebonheart Pact.
    We fight for Tamriel!
    CP 1200+
    Grand Master Crafter | Tamriel Hero
    Imperial Dragonknight
    Khajiit Necromancer
    Altmer Templar | Dunmer Nightblade
    Khajiit Nightblade | Argonian Dragonknight