PTS Update 21 - Feedback Thread for Zone Guide

ZOS_GinaBruno
ZOS_GinaBruno
Community Manager
This is the official feedback thread for the new Zone Guide. Specific feedback that the team is looking for includes the following:
  • Were you able to easily find this feature?
  • Did you run into any bugs or issues?
  • Do you have any other general feedback?
Gina Bruno
Senior Community Manager
Dev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter | My Twitter
Staff Post
  • CyberOnEso
    CyberOnEso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think the system is a good idea and definitely helps encourage newer players through the zones. My biggest suggestion, and one I think you should seriously consider is you should reward players for 100% completing the zone, it gives players something they can progress towards and keeps players coming back to the game feeling like they are progressing.

It doesn't matter if the rewards are smallish but make them significant enough for newer players. I.E: 5000 gold per zone or something.

I would also consider adding rewards for completing 5/ 10/ 15... zones and have these rewards be substantial and something to aim towards.
    Edited by CyberOnEso on January 22, 2019 12:27AM
    @CyberOnEso PC | EU - Jack of all Trades - Armory Style Manager Planesbreaker | Godslayer | Dawnbringer | Immortal Redeemer | Tick Tock Tormentor | Gryphon Heart
    Options
  • CyberOnEso
    CyberOnEso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    In terms of bugs any achievement that has additional achievements chained on from it does not show the additonal achievments, this may be intentional.
    5B48Jzt.jpg
    ACp1xvX.png
    Edited by CyberOnEso on January 22, 2019 12:19AM
    @CyberOnEso PC | EU - Jack of all Trades - Armory Style Manager Planesbreaker | Godslayer | Dawnbringer | Immortal Redeemer | Tick Tock Tormentor | Gryphon Heart
    Options
  • mdylan2013
    mdylan2013
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Skyshards and lorebooks should be on the map, especially for consoles
    PS4/EU
    CP-1300+
    PSN - LookoutLuke
    15 Max level toons
    PVE/PVP
    Options
  • Taleof2Cities
    Taleof2Cities
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Overall, I did like the new Zone Guide. Great idea.

There does not appear to be a toggle to turn the "mini" Map Completion off (that pairs with the map) ... which could rub some players the wrong way.

For instance, if I just wanted to look at the map, there is no way to turn off the Map Completion (see screenshot below). Unless I missed turning it off somewhere else in the settings.

Other than that, these features are a nice addition ... especially for new players.

6SA7bIL.png
    Edited by Taleof2Cities on January 22, 2019 1:16AM
    Options
  • Enodoc
    Enodoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is the official feedback thread for the new Zone Guide. Specific feedback that the team is looking for includes the following:
    1. Were you able to easily find this feature?
    2. Did you run into any bugs or issues?
    3. Do you have any other general feedback?
    1. Yes, in the Map and in the Party menu makes this very easy to find. Although I'm not sure if the Party/Group Finder is really the most intuitive location - directly in the Map, or in the Journal, may make more sense.
    2. Not yet!
    3. I am very pleased with how close the "Story Quests" are to the ones I derived for UESP, which were solely based on my gameplay experience of following the quests in-game from one place to the next. Where the Zone Guide and UESP do not match - and that is very rarely overall - I will call out specifics further down this thread after investigating.
    Edited by Enodoc on January 22, 2019 1:43AM
    UESP: The Unofficial Elder Scrolls Pages - A collaborative source for all knowledge on the Elder Scrolls series since 1995
    Join us on Discord - discord.gg/uesp
    Options
  • kirgeo
    kirgeo
    ✭✭✭
    Hello, i seem to have found a problem, There is a quest in Grahtwood: Trouble of the tree that says not completed. I cannot find the quest giver where the locator points to. I have completed all the other story quests here and in every other zones.
    ice0kzlhrd63.png
    4xcu8bx2wcq5.png
    Please add the NPC or remove the quest from the tracker if it is missable.
    Please add the side quests too if it is possible. Lot of people would appreciate it.
    Edited by kirgeo on January 22, 2019 3:21AM
    Options
  • Auldjohn
    Auldjohn
    ✭✭✭✭
    Zone Guide looks very useful and looking forward to testing it.
    @AuldjohnThe Elder Sages' GuildMaster Sage & Co-Founderfacebook.com/groups/theeldersagesguild
    "Old gamers never die; they just respawn and game on!" • Our Slogan: Have Fun!!

Moot Envoy • Tamriel Foundry Adept • Steam ID Auldjohn
    YouTube auldjohnmastersage • Twitch AuldjohnPCGamer• Steam Group TESGs
    Options
  • lamatadita
    lamatadita
    ✭✭
    CyberOnEso wrote: »
    My biggest suggestion, and one I think you should seriously consider is you should reward players for 100% completing the zone, it gives players something they can progress towards and keeps players coming back to the game feeling like they are progressing.

It doesn't matter if the rewards are smallish but make them significant enough for newer players. I.E: 5000 gold per zone or something.

I agree with this, and it's my only suggestion thus far. The zone guide is a very nice idea, and I was pleasantly surprised to find out how much I had already completed on the live server just by running around with no guide!
    Options
  • Dominoid
    Dominoid
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    kirgeo wrote: »
    Hello, i seem to have found a problem, There is a quest in Grahtwood: Trouble of the tree that says not completed. I cannot find the quest giver where the locator points to. I have completed all the other story quests here and in every other zones.
    ice0kzlhrd63.png
    4xcu8bx2wcq5.png
    Please add the side quests too if it is possible. Lot of people would appreciate it.

I have the same issues. According to the uesp, it is unavailable once you've completed "The Honor of the Queen". The quest is nothing but a bread crumb quest to get you to Eldenroot. It would be nice if I don't have to stare at an 8/9 in the Zone guide. Ya know OCD completionist and all. ;-)
    Options
  • Dominoid
    Dominoid
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    1 - Yes

2- Quest above being incomplete yet unavailable anymore. Also many of my completed zones don't say "Zone Complete" and instead say "Explore Zone" with a grayed out button. Nitpicky.

3 - It would be nice to add all side quests to the zone guide as well.
    Options
  • efster
    efster
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Were you able to easily find this feature?
    Yes, immediately. Zone Guide to Grahtwood popped up in the middle of my screen as soon as I logged in, couldn't have missed it. Then it was prominently visible in my Map UI and I noticed it in the sidebar of my group menu.
    Did you run into any bugs or issues?
    Yes, immediately, since I happened to be in Grahtwood at the time. Like the above posters, the quests listed in Grahtwood include the quest that (according to UESP) you ONLY get if you don't do all the quests in logical story/zone progression, and it is listed as unfinished even though it is unobtainable. None of the other zones had any issues.

I hope to see a fix for this -- either grant the out-of-order quest achievement to all characters with full zone completion or allow us to do the alternate quest, either or.
    Do you have any other general feedback?
    Yeah, none of the Arenas, Group Dungeons, or Trials in game are listed in the zone guide. Not sure why that would be, since they're all in their respective zones.
    Edited by efster on January 22, 2019 12:52PM
    AD is the best looking faction. I don't make the rules, I just enforce them.
    Options
  • gabriebe
    gabriebe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have only very superficially touched the questing aspect of the game, but every time I have done so (Caldwell's Silver and Gold), I had to use UESP to figure out what the story was, what I was supposed to do, etc. I haven't tested this feature out but I'm looking forward to it as completing a checklist zone by zone is something I can look forward to.
    Former Empresses: Saliva Bortschion (MagBlade), Janet From Finance (PvP MagSorc), Carla Swagan (Tank DK), Estelle Born (StamBlade), Enya Arsenal (MagPlar), Anita Nurse (Magplar Healer), Bearback Brigitte (Magden), Rachel Justice (MagDK), Nicole From Payroll (Stamden), Bailiff Belinda (PvE MagSorc), Féline Dion (StamDK), Septic Tank Tina (Necro Tank)

The runts: The Trolly Spirit (Tank Sorc), Floods-Your-Basement (Warden Healer) Dinah Asthma (Magcro), Total Top Tony (Stamcro)

The traitor
    s: Janis Javelin (Stamplar, EP), Barbecue Becky (Magblade Healer, AD)

PvE: Gryphon Heart, Immortal Redeemer, Flawless Conqueror

GM: Animal Control

Options
  • ChuckyPayne
    ChuckyPayne
    ✭✭✭✭

I would really like to see some rewards for map completer. I like that too in GW2.
    That would be awesome for example
    - 1 crown gem for small zones (starter islands + small DLC zones)
    - 20 crowns for every big zones and chapters

That is not too much but to me it is enough motivation to do all zones with all alts.
    Options
  • code65536
    code65536
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Can we please get a list of the minor/side quests in each zone? The main story quests are fairly easy to find, so while listing them out is helpful, what completionists really need is a list hinting to them that they missed a questgiver tucked in a little out of the way niche.
    Nightfighters ― PC/NA and PC/EU

Dungeons and Trials:
    Personal best scores:
    Dungeon trifectas:
    Media: YouTubeTwitch
    Options
  • Colecovision
    Colecovision
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'd like you to remove my tamriel hero title and give it back when the checklists are complete. It already felt strange, but with this it's so glaringly incomplete it just feels stupid.

Since I can't imagine you like that idea, how aboyt adding a title. I like the idea of including the dungeons, skyshards and lore books. Maybe the title "obsessed" for clearing everything would be fun.

At the moment there is nothing to reward complete, but a reward for incomplete.
    Options
  • TerraDewBerry
    TerraDewBerry
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    -Were you able to easily find this feature? Yes, it was very easy to find and I like the system so far from what I've seen.

- Did you run into any bugs or issues? Other than the Grahtwood issue, none that I am aware of yet.

- Do you have any other general feedback? I agree with what others have said that there should be some sort of toggle to turn off the guide if you don't want to use it.

I would also suggest that people be able to change the color of the animated target on the map that shows you where to go. I don't have a problem seeing it but just as it was helpful to be able to change the color of combat cues there might be people who can't see the teal (sort of looks teal(ish) to me) color target and might appreciate being able to pick a color of their choice.
    Options
  • Enodoc
    Enodoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dominoid wrote: »
    kirgeo wrote: »
    ice0kzlhrd63.png
    4xcu8bx2wcq5.png

I have the same issues. According to the uesp, it is unavailable once you've completed "The Honor of the Queen". The quest is nothing but a bread crumb quest to get you to Eldenroot. It would be nice if I don't have to stare at an 8/9 in the Zone guide. Ya know OCD completionist and all. ;-)
    As the creator of the UESP list, this was the first issue I noticed too. I'm compiling a list of all missable quests that have been added to the tracker, as well as all chained quests that have not, and will be posting specifics when I can.

CyberOnEso wrote: »
    I think the system is a good idea and definitely helps encourage newer players through the zones. My biggest suggestion, and one I think you should seriously consider is you should reward players for 100% completing the zone, it gives players something they can progress towards and keeps players coming back to the game feeling like they are progressing.
    This is certainly a nice idea, but tying into what others have said, would require all side quests, dungeon quests and dailies for a zone to be listed too, as well as a clear indication of quests that are missable.
    UESP: The Unofficial Elder Scrolls Pages - A collaborative source for all knowledge on the Elder Scrolls series since 1995
    Options
  • Bike_Guy
    Bike_Guy
    1. Yes, the Zone Guide was easy to find and I loved how it auto-zoomed to the quest objective.

2. Other than the Grahtwood bug (which I thought was weird cause I'm pretty sure I completed the zone in story order back when One Tamriel came out in 2016), I haven't found any issues yet.

3. I agree with @Enodoc and I think it should be in the Journal, or Map sections. I think this would also be a really great opportunity to have the Quest descriptions be able to be seen from the Zone Guide as well-- to further aid in players picking up where they left off in the story. I would love if there could be something like progressing journal entries (similar to Skyrim) where your character adds a bit more to it each time they complete an objective.

I would also really like to be able to see my past accomplishments and adventures in journal entries too! In Skyrim, I really like how you can "re-live" earlier quests via the quest log. Maybe something like that can happen here?
    I think this would go great with the devs' focus on story content this year!
    Edited by Bike_Guy on January 23, 2019 8:37PM
    Options
  • Enodoc
    Enodoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bike_Guy wrote: »
    I would love if there could be something like progressing journal entries (similar to Skyrim) where your character adds a bit more to it each time they complete an objective.

I would also really like to be able to see my past accomplishments and adventures in journal entries too! In Skyrim, I really like how you can "re-live" earlier quests via the quest log. Maybe something like that can happen here?
    I think this would go great with the devs' focus on story content this year!
    This I think is definitely doable, as an add-on already does it. That's something that's quite a shame for ESO quests - the journal does progress and update after each objective, but when it does so, you lose the previous entries, and when you complete the quest, you lose the whole thing. That was something that Morrowind and Oblivion did much better than Skyrim too.
    Options
  • Bike_Guy
    Bike_Guy
    Enodoc wrote: »
    This I think is definitely doable, as an add-on already does it. That's something that's quite a shame for ESO quests - the journal does progress and update after each objective, but when it does so, you lose the previous entries, and when you complete the quest, you lose the whole thing. That was something that Morrowind and Oblivion did much better than Skyrim too.

I'll see if I can find the add-on for it, thanks!
    Options
  • mrpaxman
    mrpaxman
    ✭✭✭
    The same Grahtwood quest "Trouble at the Tree" is all i am missing to. No NPC or other quest marker is available. Nothing at the nearby add on quest location or inside any building either. I really hope that i will eventually be able to complete this quest after a change is made so i can finish everything as i was previously thinking i had done

I really do like this new feature. Although I would really like an option to turn the feature off. The daily login rewards window that shows when starting the game is always showing me this quest. I only quest on my main character. I do not do many quests at all on my other 14 characters. Having it show with the map and every time i log on to a character is not my preference at all

The functionality and ease of use i find excellent. The way it displays the locations is excellent. It's great having this information available when i am wanting to check these things. It's just a little annoying already, when i am not.

2e686mydb183.png
    Victory or Valhalla!
    PC NA
    Options
  • Yamenstein
    Yamenstein
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I would really like to see some rewards for map completer. I like that too in GW2.
    That would be awesome for example
    - 1 crown gem for small zones (starter islands + small DLC zones)
    - 20 crowns for every big zones and chapters

That is not too much but to me it is enough motivation to do all zones with all alts.

This would be great. Also please make it so when you find lore books and skeyshards for the first time it shows up on your map uncollected.

No reason why it shouldn't be like this, it's very much a quality of life improvement because gamers would find it another way, through a mod or for console players through a map. Really this is just for console players.
    Options
  • blnchk
    blnchk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Agreed with previous posters:
    • Some form of acknowledgement for map completion would be fun!
    • It would be great if the guide were for side quests as well, perhaps via a dedicated category so as not to dilute the one meant for major quests.
    Edited by blnchk on January 23, 2019 10:27AM
    Options
  • anadandy
    anadandy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    This was a really nice feature. It looked good using gampepad UI on the PC - controls were easy and intuitive

Agree that some kind of completion reward/acknowledgement would be neat - doesn't have to be much.

It was funny to find out that despite playing all these years and being a Hero of the Aldmeri Dominion - my main character hadn't done a single World Boss in Auridon LOL
    Edited by anadandy on January 23, 2019 2:05PM
    Options
  • LordSarevok
    LordSarevok
    ✭✭✭✭
    I love seeing all these QoL improvements! Let's make them complete and add skyshards and lorebooks!
    Edited by LordSarevok on January 23, 2019 6:00PM
    Options
  • CaffeinatedMayhem
    CaffeinatedMayhem
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Didn't get too involved with zone guide, but it's really useful to see all that progress at a glance! Even found out I missed a few quests when re-doing Craglorn after losing all my achievements ( :P ) Not only seeing which quests I missed, but seeing where to pick them up is great.
    Options
  • Enodoc
    Enodoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Betnikh
    Current Zone Guide Story Quests
    • The Bloodthorn Plot
    • Carzog's Demise

Issues
    1. The Bloodthorn Plot does not have the new Story Quest marker in the journal stating "This quest is part of the zone story for Betnikh" - this should be added.
    2. Into the Hills, Tormented Souls and Unearthing the Past are all required to be completed before you can start Carzog's Demise. They should be added to the Zone Guide as well.
    3. On to Glenumbra is marked with the new Story Quest marker in the journal, and so needs to be added to the Zone Guide.

Corrected Zone Guide Story Quests
    • The Bloodthorn Plot
    • Into the Hills
    • Tormented Souls
    • Unearthing the Past
    • Carzog's Demise
    • On to Glenumbra
    Edited by Enodoc on January 23, 2019 10:35PM
    Options
  • Grimm13
    Grimm13
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The zone guide needs to have denotation of which quests are part of Caldwells silver and gold. Marked with a small pot would be fitting.

really would like to see skyshards and lorebooks showing up. Even if you have to discover them first then they appear account wide. Could be a toggle function for those that want it the hard way always.
    https://sparkforautism.org/

Season of DraggingOn
    It's your choice on how you vote with your $

PC-NA
    Options
  • Marisana
    Marisana
    ✭✭✭
    Were you able to easily find this feature?

Yes, it was very easy to find on both a newly created character and an already existing one.

Did you run into any bugs or issues?

No, not yet.

I really like this new feature. The new main quest marker makes those quests stand out and easy to spot, and I like the zoom-in feature when you are searching for a specific quest location, which should make them basically impossible to miss from now on.

I also like the descriptions in the Zone Guide tool about what Skyshards/Set Stations/Striking Locales etc. are, that should help new players to find out what they do and why they are important/interesting.

Integrating it into the map was a good idea!
    Options
  • Elwendryll
    Elwendryll
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This tool is very useful, I would suggest adding the sidequests as these are the ones you can totally miss as they are not tied to a point on the map, or an achievement (you unlock the zone quest achievement without doing all of them).
    PC - EU - France - AD
    Main character: Qojikrin - Khajiit Sorcerer Tank/Stamina DD - since March 25, 2015.
    Guildmaster of Oriflamme: Focus on 4 player endgame content.
    Member of Brave Cat Trade, Panda Division and Toadhuggers.

All 4-man trifectas - TTT, IR, GH
    Options