The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Next class we get? xD

• Ohhgrizyyy
    Ohhgrizyyy
    ✭✭✭✭
    Bard (AoE Heals/Support)
    Minyassa wrote: »
    Bard would be great, but I'd hate to see it relegated to a healer expectation. We have plenty of heals. The original D&D bard is a fighter/magic-user/thief hybrid, no clerical stuff in there. I would want to see bards have a combination of AoE buffs/debuffs, weapon attacks and rogue passives.

I can see where you're coming from but my between TES lore I've read where Bards never really liked to fight or it was a last resort and my love for Everquest I would prefer to see them as a support class that gives resources, minor little AoE HoTs like bigger/better Healing Springs and some AoE DoTs/debuffs. If you havent go to the 2nd page of the post and look for my comment. I kinda opened up what I have invisioned for each and every class
    Playing on PS4 NA server and current characters are CP 750

Lvl 50 EP High Elf Magsorc PvP (outdated)
    Lvl 50 EP Wood Elf Nightblade (Currently my crafter)
    Lvl 50 EP High Elf Magplar PvP (outdated healbot)
    Lvl 50 EP Redguard Stam DK PvE (updating)
    Lvl 50 EP Dark Elf Mag DK PvP

All my builds are outdated...I quit for a year lmao

PSN ID: SDL_Griz
  • Ohhgrizyyy
    Ohhgrizyyy
    ✭✭✭✭
    Bard (AoE Heals/Support)
    SirAxen wrote: »
    I think in terms of classes, the five we have and the six we are about to have is plenty. From here on out, I'd love to just see world skill lines (with active abilities) and more weapon skill lines. ESO classes are versatile enough that six starting classes is enough. My opinion.

I mean I guess you're right. I always thought ESO lacked classes which was what made it kinda boring but every class can play every role so it makes up. But at the same time you're still using alot of the same abilities and seeing alot of the same abilities so it really doesn't feel like theres much variety.

• Daedric_NB_187
    Daedric_NB_187
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Other.
    I wouldn't mind new classes. But for me. I'd prefer they made hybrids actually competitive in this game. And for each class skill to have a viable stamina morph. I'm for new skill lines. But to me imo, they would be underwhelming and disappointing like psijic order is.
  • Ohhgrizyyy
    Ohhgrizyyy
    ✭✭✭✭
    Bard (AoE Heals/Support)
    I wouldn't mind new classes. But for me. I'd prefer they made hybrids actually competitive in this game. And for each class skill to have a viable stamina morph. I'm for new skill lines. But to me imo, they would be underwhelming and disappointing like psijic order is.

Exactly, Most skill lines arent really great and you may take 1 ability from each. Fighters guild is good for stam dps cause of trap and dawnbreaker, passives are good. Mages is primarily only used for Inner Light and some classes use Meteor, passives are good. Undaunted is only really widely used for passives. Inner rage is for tanks, orbs for healers. Psyjic order only really used for acceleration and elemental weapon is used as a spammable for mag dps which I've heard its not really all its cracked up to be. If they added a Bard skill line or Monk skill line I feel they'd be very weak and again only used for 1 ability and maybe some passives

• CompM4s
    CompM4s
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They just added necromancer.... ill just wait and see how this one goes before I think ahead to another.
  • Ohhgrizyyy
    Ohhgrizyyy
    ✭✭✭✭
    Bard (AoE Heals/Support)
    If they added a Bard hypothetically theres SOOO many things they could do with it and again I feel it could be the first true support class. Decent/okayish AoE HoTs like Healing Springs kinda paired with Templar for burst heals/rezzes. Bards focus on pure resource sustain for group members like stam/mag overtime with a very expensive ability that allows you to target a player a restore and restore a chunk of magicka or stamina (whichever value is greater) or maybe even have a morph to choose. AoE DoTs/debuffs. I feel like it has sooo much potential in PvE. PvP I'm not sure

• Ohhgrizyyy
    Ohhgrizyyy
    ✭✭✭✭
    Bard (AoE Heals/Support)
    CompM4s wrote: »
    They just added necromancer.... ill just wait and see how this one goes before I think ahead to another.

Thats why this post is ment to be fun and for anyone who didnt really want necro or doesnt care they can share what class they really want. I'm not sure how long the game will be around and if it will be around long enough to get another class (sh** happens) but if it does last I'd like to see another class

• Ohhgrizyyy
    Ohhgrizyyy
    ✭✭✭✭
    Bard (AoE Heals/Support)
    I myself would to see sustain return to how it was pre-morrowind but it not gained through CP and having the insane amount of cost reduction. I'd rather the supportive roles do what they are ment to do which is support and that gives into giving resources and it not based off of a synergy that has a cooldown that other players can also steal

• RebornV3x
    RebornV3x
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bard (AoE Heals/Support)
    If we ever get the City of Solitude and a Highfingaar DLC then Bard should be the next class since the Bard college is there and if this game is lacking anything right now its a class that skills gives more than 30 second buffs
    Xbox One - NA GT: RebornV3x
    I also play on PC from time to time but I just wanna be left alone on there so sorry.
  • Ohhgrizyyy
    Ohhgrizyyy
    ✭✭✭✭
    Bard (AoE Heals/Support)
    RebornV3x wrote: »
    If we ever get the City of Solitude and a Highfingaar DLC then Bard should be the next class since the Bard college is there and if this game is lacking anything right now its a class that skills gives more than 30 second buffs

I dont necessarily want 5+ min buffs but a class that based purely around buffs/debuffs and group support? Im down.

• Katheriah
    Katheriah
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Furry! Err, I mean Shapeshifter.

And Viking! Berserker.
  • OtarTheMad
    OtarTheMad
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Other.
    Like @jlmurra2 said... Battlemage.

It was intended to be in launch but was left out.
    They really should incorporate the spell crafting skills into new skill lines/classes.
  • Valykc
    Valykc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Other.
    It would be interesting to see something like a warrior/berserker class whose main skills are based off stamina and some will have magicka morphs. Something like turning the warrior into a spellsword if you want.
  • AdamskiAlders
    AdamskiAlders
    ✭✭✭
    Mage (Purely Elemental Based)
    Definitely a full on Destruction School Battlemage, none of this hybrid stuff. Just a pure Elemental Destruction based powerhouse. Maybe even give him a Summon Atronach ability.
  • Fata1moose
    Fata1moose
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bard (AoE Heals/Support)
    I would like to see them balance out the main class archetypes (warrior, rogue, mage). Obviously you can do stamina/magicka with any class, but in terms of thematics we have:

Warrior:
    Dragonknight

Mage:
    Sorcerer
    Necromancer

Rogue:
    Nightblade

Hybrid:
    Templar
    Warden

I view Nightblade as more of magicka based class due to the use of illusion, a Bard would be great as a stamina based rogue. It's hard to place Templar and Wardens as I feel they're hybrids and could fit the mage category or warrior category. Even as warriors they skew towards magic use thematically. After the bard, the warrior category could use another stamina based class.
    Edited by Fata1moose on January 19, 2019 7:50PM
  • Megatto
    Megatto
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Other.
    Battlemage, as said by @jlmurra2. it was scrapped before launch. I could definitely see them adding the Battlemage class in a year or two, but yeah it's interresting to think about what classes could be added to the game.
    Remove loot boxes or riot
  • Ohhgrizyyy
    Ohhgrizyyy
    ✭✭✭✭
    Bard (AoE Heals/Support)
    Wish more of the people choosing "Other" would post what they want even though most seem to want skill lines over whole classes

• Unit117
    Unit117
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Other.
    I would actually like to see a class built around old magic. Spells from the hagravens, dragon priests and and dwemer
  • miteba
    miteba
    ✭✭✭✭
    Other.
    I would love to see the "Mitebas" class! They are famously renowned in my house with lots of cool and OP skills.
    They are extremely good-looking and have lots of resistances to buffs and nerfs
  • Seraphayel
    Seraphayel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'd say for new classes this game is done. What I expect coming in the next years is new weapons.
    PS5
    EU
    Aldmeri Dominion
    - Khajiit Arcanist -
  • Tigerseye
    Tigerseye
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Other.
    Mesmer (like the one in GW2) is fun. :smile:

• Tigerseye
    Tigerseye
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Other.
    EvilCroc wrote: »
    No more classes, please. My OCD is against it. 6 classes are symmetrical in many ways. Let it be this way.

But, 8 would be, too?

*slowly edges away...*

Bard? Why does everyone want to sing their enemies to death so damn badly?

Because it's funny?

Weper wrote: »
    I want a Hunter class which can tame combat pets and keep them. (Like in WoW.)

I would like that, as it is one of my favourite things to do in games; but, they could just let Warden tame pets in the wild.

• Tigerseye
    Tigerseye
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Other.
    I'm not against other classes being added later, but I feel like at this point, ZOS could stop here. The Necromancer will finally fill out the 2nd "light armor" archetype in the game (next to Sorcerer). Meaning that if you look at the Champion gear during the character creation process, there are 2 heavy armor classes (Dragonknight and Templar), 2 medium armor classes (Nightblade and Warden) and now there will be 2 light armor ones.

I realize that you can play any of these classes in whatever gear you want, but I think from a game design standpoint, ZOS has their class concept tree equally balanced now, so I would honestly be more surprised to see another class added than to not ever see another one. From now on, I suspect adding guild/weapon skill lines will be the new features to come. Although, admittedly, I thought they wouldn't add another class after the Warden as it was already partially developed since pre-launch, but here we are awaiting the Necromancer...

It all feels a bit too masculine, to me.

Almost all the classes lean towards the masculine, rather than the feminine.

I don't (realistically) expect perfect balance of the genders, but a couple more feminine (or less overtly masculine) classes would be nice.

Hence Mesmer.
    Edited by Tigerseye on January 19, 2019 10:41PM
  • SturgeHammer
    SturgeHammer
    ✭✭✭✭
    Other.
    I would like the Spellsword class to be added and for them to actually be able to wield weapons and magic offensively in combat.
    First-in-Line - Swings-for-Lethal
    Green-Thumb - Scale-Factor
    Hist-Tree-Major - A-Late-One
    Needs-Some-Help - Dead-Last
  • Tonturri
    Tonturri
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The chosen one, the class to bring balance to all classes.
  • Caligamy_ESO
    Caligamy_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    6CmGWZJ.jpg
    Only his gloves seem to have made it into the game so far, in the Crown store. :/
    love is love
  • Ohhgrizyyy
    Ohhgrizyyy
    ✭✭✭✭
    Bard (AoE Heals/Support)
    Tigerseye wrote: »
    I'm not against other classes being added later, but I feel like at this point, ZOS could stop here. The Necromancer will finally fill out the 2nd "light armor" archetype in the game (next to Sorcerer). Meaning that if you look at the Champion gear during the character creation process, there are 2 heavy armor classes (Dragonknight and Templar), 2 medium armor classes (Nightblade and Warden) and now there will be 2 light armor ones.

I realize that you can play any of these classes in whatever gear you want, but I think from a game design standpoint, ZOS has their class concept tree equally balanced now, so I would honestly be more surprised to see another class added than to not ever see another one. From now on, I suspect adding guild/weapon skill lines will be the new features to come. Although, admittedly, I thought they wouldn't add another class after the Warden as it was already partially developed since pre-launch, but here we are awaiting the Necromancer...

It all feels a bit too masculine, to me.

Almost all the classes lean towards the masculine, rather than the feminine.

I don't (realistically) expect perfect balance of the genders, but a couple more feminine (or less overtly masculine) classes would be nice.

Hence Mesmer.

I honestly dont understand how a class can be more masculine or feminine...

• ValindorPinebrook
    Monk (Unarmed/Knuckles Melee)
    I really like the idea of a monk or bard class. It was really hard for me to choose between the two. I would love to see an unarmed skill line at some point! On another note! I was listening to The Loreseekers Podcast New Year predictions episode last week and fell in love with a Tinkerer class focused around Dwemer creations and magic! I just love getting new classes!
  • Kallykat
    Kallykat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bard (AoE Heals/Support)
    I'm just eager to have more bard interaction in the game in any way. It could be a class, a skill line, an NPC you can place in your home, whatever...
  • lokulin
    lokulin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Other.
    I don't think there is a big enough thematic difference between ranger and Warden to justify it.

Given the current class and skill line themes:

Sorc: wind and lightning
    DK: earth and fire
    Templar: sun and prayer/life
    NB: fear and soul
    Warden: ice and nature
    Necromancer: death and darkness

Psijic: time/meditation
    Fighters: pure power/the hunt
    Mage: pure magic/cold fire
    Thief/DB: stealth
    Undaunted: blood, bone and rage

Some elements and themes that are missing are perhaps water, love, innocence and purity.

I think a class that was thematically aligned to water or one that was aligned to love and innocence would be fun and fill in some thematic gaps in the classes from magic that already exists in ESO. So perhaps a water mage/druid or a bard could fill those themes.

I wouldn't mind seeing a polearms, spellsword, unarmed or single handed weapon skill lines that I think would cover some of those options when combined with existing classes and skill lines.

Edit: reading some other replies: alteration, illusion and perhaps even dwemer and dragon magicka could be fun to explore and could be shoehorned into a dragon priest class or a tinkerer class.
    Edited by lokulin on February 25, 2019 12:29AM
    I've hidden your signature.