The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Next class we get? xD

Ohhgrizyyy
Ohhgrizyyy
✭✭✭✭
So obviously Necromancer just got announced and its obviously been the most requested class since the launch of the game so...What is another class from another mmo or that could fit into TES? I'm not too familar with lore so idk what could and what wouldn't work.

I personally want the Bard as I feel like it could be a very AoE heal/support based class.

Please. No Debbie Downers...This post is ment for fun and nothing really serious but hell why not give ZoS some early info on what people may want next class wise if we get to the point of releasing another class.

I also want yall to comment what class you may want instead if you choose the "Other" option.

Edit: I added a more in-depth idea of what I invision these classes could be in a comment. Its on page 2 if anyone cares to read.
Edited by Ohhgrizyyy on January 16, 2019 7:50PM
Playing on PS4 NA server and current characters are CP 750

Lvl 50 EP High Elf Magsorc PvP (outdated)
Lvl 50 EP Wood Elf Nightblade (Currently my crafter)
Lvl 50 EP High Elf Magplar PvP (outdated healbot)
Lvl 50 EP Redguard Stam DK PvE (updating)
Lvl 50 EP Dark Elf Mag DK PvP

All my builds are outdated...I quit for a year lmao

PSN ID: SDL_Griz

Next class we get? xD 275 votes

Bard (AoE Heals/Support)
20%
CavalryPKjosh.lackey_ESOInklingsotis67wenchmore420b14_ESOTureluseklhaftb16_ESODerNachtfalterxievis21ub17_ESOShimmerstojekarcub18_ESOLoves_guarsTipsyDrachenfierTiedänjrgray93Rustyfish101Ocean_Charlie9VaranaZathras 56 votes
Monk (Unarmed/Knuckles Melee)
21%
vailjohn_ESOashenehb14_ESOOthniel327jluchauKhivas_Carrickprofundidob16_ESOIruil_ESODanikatJitterbugphilips666_18b16_ESOSavos_SarenHaruspexOlithJoanOfOrcspoqsterWolfchild07GoratesqueAhzekRobo_HoboBouldercleave 60 votes
Ranger (Trap/Bow Based)
3%
kojoukongkimAefionBloodclawagegartonStrawberryKitsuneExodiumJobooAGShaeleneShimmeringWitchy 9 votes
Berserker (Rage Based Atks?¿?)
5%
ChufuGravordAmphithoeValrienStrider__RoshinsneakymitchellPathwayMVesper_BRezikeonotyuuTetrafyWildRaptorXxAk_MoRRoWiNdxMartiniDanielsArzuragCrixus8000 16 votes
Mage (Purely Elemental Based)
4%
bill_ESO2ZarycRastoricSibeniceAdamskiAldersGiantFruitFlyDiabolus1989dracul813Cielster_WoodmauleseN3CR01Frozen_Heart246Vinterskald 12 votes
Sword Summoner (Mage from vAA)
6%
GlassHalfFullVriendajevans1342nub18_ESOjircris11imrednecksonDracan_FontomRadinyndogmanDrathlyCrazYDunm3rAVaelhamHighKinladyFortunattoxclassgamingUnified_GamingAznarbcapricorpseDrink_N_Derive 18 votes
Other.
18%
GilvothMisterBigglesworthdesciviib14_ESONskDenKhydanstimpy986b14_ESOTryxusKetarmishAektannCastanamereSanTii.92LatiosmitebaphairdonOtarTheMadStovahkiinCinbriSturgeHammerInarreWeper 50 votes
I dont want another class ever.
19%
Solarikendaryl.rasmusenb14_ESOkypranb14_ESOKalikiFaulgorElsterchenElara_NorthwindAbeilleIwinatwowub17_ESOmadeeh91rwb17_ESOwsmith97ub17_ESOxenowarrior92eb17_ESOtheroyalestpythonnub18_ESObottleofsyrupAsysNoisividEdziuSarevoccHvzedaThorvarg 54 votes
  • Ohhgrizyyy
    Ohhgrizyyy
    ✭✭✭✭
    Bard (AoE Heals/Support)
    To add onto the "Sword Summoner idea" it would be based heavily around summoning weapons to fight by your side, Buffing your teammates weapons or hell even someone implementing weapons that you can make/use right before a fight mid dungeon/trial. (Similarish to EQ mage) or maybe even it kinda be similar to the Morkuldin set or that kinda concept.
    Edited by Ohhgrizyyy on January 16, 2019 3:08PM

• coop500
    coop500
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Other.
    Give me shapeshifter~
    Wishing for Lilmothiit race still! Or maybe Lilmothiit companion?
  • Turelus
    Turelus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bard (AoE Heals/Support)
    Bard is the other I see requested a lot. Although maybe they'll do that as a guild/skill line.
    @Turelus - EU PC Megaserver
    "Don't count on others for help. In the end each of us is in this alone. The survivors are those who know how to look out for themselves."
  • Tryxus
    Tryxus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    "The Oak's Promise: stand strong, stay true, and shelter all"
    Tryxus of the Undying Song - Warden - PC/EU/DC
  • mairwen85
    mairwen85
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Bard (AoE Heals/Support)
    Bard would be great at filling the alteration, illusion hole in ESO. Buffs and Debuffs -- some minor damage and heals; also applicable to the bard should be roguish abilities which would be awesome to have something other than NB for that route from a RP perspective.
  • Ohhgrizyyy
    Ohhgrizyyy
    ✭✭✭✭
    Bard (AoE Heals/Support)
    Turelus wrote: »
    Bard is the other I see requested a lot. Although maybe they'll do that as a guild/skill line.

I would hope they do it as a whole class but it honestly would make more sense to do it as a skill line from the little I've seen lore wise of TES bards. I just feel like theres alot of interesting things they could do with Bard and make it the first truly support based class in the game while still having decentish heals. Could help sustain ALOT in end-game trials

• DerNachtfalter
    DerNachtfalter
    ✭✭✭
    Bard (AoE Heals/Support)
    Bard would be awesome !
  • Ohhgrizyyy
    Ohhgrizyyy
    ✭✭✭✭
    Bard (AoE Heals/Support)
    Tryxus wrote: »

I feel like that could be really interesting but feel it would just be similar to the Fighters Guild ability wise except more magic based instead of melee/stamina?

• Solariken
    Solariken
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    More world/guild skill lines and new WEAPONS please
  • mikemacon
    mikemacon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Other.
    Math.
  • Ohhgrizyyy
    Ohhgrizyyy
    ✭✭✭✭
    Bard (AoE Heals/Support)
    To add onto the "Monk" class maybe instead of them being purely unarmed they add brass knuckles into the game as duel wield and maybe either monks get a passive towards brass knuckles that make them more worth more then other DW weapons as a Monk?

• ArchangelIsraphel
    ArchangelIsraphel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Bard (AoE Heals/Support)
    I'd really love a Bard or dedicated Ranger class.... though I'd kind of wish for an extensive Bard skill line...or the class switch tickets we'll never get if we have Bard, because it would suit my current Nightblade's personality far better than Nightblade actually does. Cause I love me some rouge abilities.

If there is Bard...I wanna see the character actually pull out instruments, and perhaps have more extensive instrument furnishing items XD
    Legends never die
    They're written down in eternity
    But you'll never see the price it costs
    The scars collected all their lives
    When everything's lost, they pick up their hearts and avenge defeat
    Before it all starts, they suffer through harm just to touch a dream
    Oh, pick yourself up, 'cause
    Legends never die
  • kathandira
    kathandira
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ohhgrizyyy wrote: »
    So obviously Necromancer just got announced and its obviously been the most requested class since the launch of the game so...What is another class from another mmo or that could fit into TES? I'm not too familar with lore so idk what could and what wouldn't work.

I personally want the Bard as I feel like it could be a very AoE heal/support based class.

Please. No Debbie Downers...This post is ment for fun and nothing really serious but hell why not give ZoS some early info on what people may want next class wise if we get to the point of releasing another class.

I also want yall to comment what class you may want instead if you choose the "Other" option.

I'd rather see multi-classing before another class is added.
    PS4-NA. Breton Templar Healer, Bosmer Stamplar, Breton Magplar, Orsimer StamDK, Dunmer MagDK, Khajiit StamNB, Dunmer MagNB, Argonian Warden Tank, Altmer Magsorc
  • Ohhgrizyyy
    Ohhgrizyyy
    ✭✭✭✭
    Bard (AoE Heals/Support)
    kathandira wrote: »

I'd rather see multi-classing before another class is added.

Thats a cool idea but that would be insanely hard to balance...I'm assuming you mean take maybe like 1 skill line from each "class"

• Zathras
    Zathras
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bard (AoE Heals/Support)
    I'd like to see a combination of the EQ bard and DAoC's Skald.

CC, buffs, speed, regen, and access to instruments: drum, lute, pipe.
    For a moment, nothing happened. Then, after a second or so, nothing continued to happen. - Douglas Adams

It is a rare mind indeed that can render the hitherto non-existent blindingly obvious. The cry 'I could have thought of that' is a very popular and misleading one, for the fact is that they didn't, and a very significant and revealing fact it is too. - Douglas Adams
  • NskDen
    NskDen
    ✭✭✭
    Other.
    Warrior (tank, dd) :)
  • Abeille
    Abeille
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If Bard is a class and not a skill line, and we still can't change the class of existing characters, I will be pissed. I mean, I'm already pissed that they ignored the request for class change tokens during the Q&A, but I would be more pissed if it was Bard.
    Edited by Abeille on January 16, 2019 3:35PM
    Just so that everyone knows, my Altmer still can't have black hair. About a dozen of Altmer NPCs in the game have black hair. Just saying.

Meet my characters:
    Command: Do the thing.

Zadarri, Khajiit Fist of Thalmor: The thing was done, as commanded.
    Durza gra-Maghul, Orc blacksmith: The thing was done perfectly, in the most efficient way.
    Tegwen, Bosmer troublemaker: You can't prove I didn't do the thing.
    Sings-Many-Songs, Argonian fisher: Sure, I'll do the thing... Eventually. Maybe.
    Aerindel, Altmer stormcaller: After extensive research, I've come to the conclusion that doing the thing would be a waste of resources.
    Liliel, Dunmer pyromancer: Aerindel said I shouldn't do the thing. Something about "resources".
    Gyda Snowcaller, Nord cryomancer: I will find a way to do it that won't waste resources and make Aerindel proud of me.
    Beatrice Leoriane, Breton vampire: I persuaded someone else into doing the thing. You are welcome, dear.
    Sahima, Redguard performer: Doing the thing sounds awfully unpleasant and really not my problem.
    Ellaria Valerius, Imperial priestess: I'll pray to the Eight for the thing to be done, if it is Their will.
  • TiZzA93
    TiZzA93
    ✭✭✭
    Other.
    Now i have finally got my necromancer i would like to see some new weapon lines:

Unarmed
    Spear
    1h sword infused with element (melee mag for nb/dk)
    Mounted combat (change dismount to tapping block/bar swap to allow 5 mount skils)
  • MyKillv2.0
    MyKillv2.0
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would love a Monk class, makes me miss my EQ days. However Monks really do not "fit" ESO.

However I do not see any new classes for the long term foreseeable future. Two reasons. First, this game is set up so that a class HAS to do both magic and stamina, and can full fill the role of tank and healer. I don't see how you can do a magic monk, unarmed healer, or stamina mage. Could it be done? Sure but I do not see it because of reason two as well. This game moves from a developemental stand point at a snail's pace despite new content ever four months and often the game takes the lowest hanging fruit when it comes to introducing new features, rather than taking risk when releasing new content. Players have to beg for years and years for something before it happens in most instances. The telecast last night bragged about the fact that players have asked for the necro class, to travel to Elsweyr, and for guild trader search function since launch. Like, they bragged that it took them five years to incorporate these things that people have asked since launch into their game after five years. Five years. Outside of a blue moon Bard Class request, I cannot think of any class that has been requested like the Necro class. So my guess is that until the playerbase finds a class that they wish to play and hounds the devs for it... a new class may be a long time away if ever.

With the idea of the justice system making necros KOS to a degree in towns (whatever Lurk called the justice system last night, I cannot remember), I do believe that you MAY be closer to seeing a Deadra playable class. That may be next year or the following but that is getting WAY ahead of ourselves though... but since Imperials are outside the races of the "Three Banner War", a race is not out of the question.

• Inarre
    Inarre
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Other.
    I've seen lots of people mention a battle mage, maybe with a wand and shield.
  • mairwen85
    mairwen85
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Bard (AoE Heals/Support)
    Zathras wrote: »
    I'd like to see a combination of the EQ bard and DAoC's Skald.

CC, buffs, speed, regen, and access to instruments: drum, lute, pipe.

NWN2 Bard is the direction I'd like to see the class take, EQ bard was also fun in the day though. Would be a nice new medium/light armour class in my mind providing sustain and low level passive heals, buffs and speed increases to the group with affinity for one handed and range (bow) for self defense.
    Edited by mairwen85 on January 16, 2019 3:44PM
  • Ohhgrizyyy
    Ohhgrizyyy
    ✭✭✭✭
    Bard (AoE Heals/Support)
    kathandira wrote: »
    So obviously Necromancer just got announced and its obviously been the most requested class since the launch of the game so...What is another class from another mmo or that could fit into TES? I'm not too familar with lore so idk what could and what
    MyKillv2.0 wrote: »
    I would love a Monk class, makes me miss my EQ days. However Monks really do not "fit" ESO.

However I do not see any new classes for the long term foreseeable future. Two reasons. First, this game is set up so that a class HAS to do both magic and stamina, and can full fill the role of tank and healer. I don't see how you can do a magic monk, unarmed healer, or stamina mage. Could it be done? Sure but I do not see it because of reason two as well. This game moves from a developemental stand point at a snail's pace despite new content ever four months and often the game takes the lowest hanging fruit when it comes to introducing new features, rather than taking risk when releasing new content. Players have to beg for years and years for something before it happens in most instances. The telecast last night bragged about the fact that players have asked for the necro class, to travel to Elsweyr, and for guild trader search function since launch. Like, they bragged that it took them five years to incorporate these things that people have asked since launch into their game after five years. Five years. Outside of a blue moon Bard Class request, I cannot think of any class that has been requested like the Necro class. So my guess is that until the playerbase finds a class that they wish to play and hounds the devs for it... a new class may be a long time away if ever.

With the idea of the justice system making necros KOS to a degree in towns (whatever Lurk called the justice system last night, I cannot remember), I do believe that you MAY be closer to seeing a Deadra playable class. That may be next year or the following but that is getting WAY ahead of ourselves though... but since Imperials are outside the races of the "Three Banner War", a race is not out of the question.

I mean I could see it possible. Magical/elemental brass knuckles. Maybe monk healers could still be melee but their melee hits somenow restore hp? I mean they could find ways for it to make sense. They just have to do it. Maybe a "monk tank" could be more of a dodging style tank vs a normal "taunt/block" style? Look up Warrior tank in a game called Tera. It could be more that style?

• Ohhgrizyyy
    Ohhgrizyyy
    ✭✭✭✭
    Bard (AoE Heals/Support)
    MyKillv2.0 wrote: »

I mean I could see it possible. Magical/elemental brass knuckles. Maybe monk healers could still be melee but their melee hits somehow restore hp? I mean they could find ways for it to make sense. They just have to do it. Maybe a "monk tank" could be more of a dodging style tank vs a normal "taunt/block" style? Look up Warrior tank in a game called Tera. It could be more that style?
    Edited by Ohhgrizyyy on January 16, 2019 5:09PM

• Ohhgrizyyy
    Ohhgrizyyy
    ✭✭✭✭
    Bard (AoE Heals/Support)
    TiZzA93 wrote: »
    Now i have finally got my necromancer i would like to see some new weapon lines:

Unarmed
    Spear
    1h sword infused with element (melee mag for nb/dk)
    Mounted combat (change dismount to tapping block/bar swap to allow 5 mount skils)

This is cool. But mounted combat? Thats a stretch tbh

• Valrien
    Valrien
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Berserker (Rage Based Atks?¿?)
    Berserker so that people can finally have a pure stamina class and ZOS can revert the old stamina changes that killed build diversity.
    Valrien Dravic -- Level 50 Dunmeri Sorcerer (EP)
    Garahel Dravic -- Level 50 Bosmeri Nightblade (EP)
    Tamriel Unlimited was a mistake. One Tamriel was a bigger mistake
  • EvilCroc
    EvilCroc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No more classes, please. My OCD is against it. 6 classes are symmetrical in many ways. Let it be this way.
  • desciviib14_ESO
    desciviib14_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Other.
    Druid - Nature Elemental
    There is nothing here of interest to any nations; as a matter of fact, there is nothing here but people.
  • Lyserus
    Lyserus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I would rather no new classes after necro

But if I have to choose:
    Sword Dancer/Singer(Yokudan)
    Tinkerer (Dwarven/Clockwork)
  • RaddlemanNumber7
    RaddlemanNumber7
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Bard (AoE Heals/Support)
    I just love killing Bards. They would be a great addition to the game.
    PC EU
  • jlmurra2
    jlmurra2
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Battlemage is the only class remaining that was intended to be included before launch, but was left out along with the Warden: https://en.uesp.net/wiki/Online:Battlemage

I'm glad the Warden made it in later. I hope they finish all the pre-release planned classes and release the Battlemage class before moving on to other classes. After that, Spell Sword class please, or maybe a one handed, and rune skill line.

Bard, and unarmed seem more fitting for skill lines to me.

Edited by jlmurra2 on January 16, 2019 6:25PM