The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Next class we get? xD

• stimpy986b14_ESO
    stimpy986b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Other.
    I hope we get more weapon skill lines before another class and I have some suggestions for new weapons

crossbow - stamina based ranged damage alternative to bow

spellsword - hybrid magicka and stamina weapon

illusion staff - magicka based crowd control with some debuffs

alteration staff - magicka based group buffs with some crowd control
  • Emmagoldman
    Emmagoldman
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Other.
    I think its time to flip from classes which are generally more magic centered to a stam weapon such as polearms

Polearms would be great as a hybrid of defense and aoe

Please watch the lore police jump on saying, polearms didnt exist in the 2nd era!
  • ccfeeling
    ccfeeling
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Bard (AoE Heals/Support)
    I have an idea , ZOS could develop a class build on hybrid , we all know hybrid is not really viable in PVE , PVP is still OK depends on the skills and build .
  • IronWooshu
    IronWooshu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I dont want another class ever.
    No more classes; just add weapon skill lines and world skill lines. They could do an entire chapter about a bard college in Skyrim and introduce a Bard skill line.

Skill lines:

Bard
    Conjuring
    Illusion
    Alteration

Weapons:
    Hand Weapons
    Mystical Weapons (Summon Swords, Bows) that do dmg based off Magicka.
    Edited by IronWooshu on January 17, 2019 2:53AM
  • Unit117
    Unit117
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Other.
    Shapeshifter
  • Ohhgrizyyy
    Ohhgrizyyy
    ✭✭✭✭
    Bard (AoE Heals/Support)
    IronWooshu wrote: »
    No more classes; just add weapon skill lines and world skill lines. They could do an entire chapter about a bard college in Skyrim and introduce a Bard skill line.

Skill lines:

Bard
    Conjuring
    Illusion
    Alteration

Weapons:
    Hand Weapons
    Mystical Weapons (Summon Swords, Bows) that do dmg based off Magicka.

Nah gimme a Bard class lmao
    Playing on PS4 NA server and current characters are CP 750

Lvl 50 EP High Elf Magsorc PvP (outdated)
    Lvl 50 EP Wood Elf Nightblade (Currently my crafter)
    Lvl 50 EP High Elf Magplar PvP (outdated healbot)
    Lvl 50 EP Redguard Stam DK PvE (updating)
    Lvl 50 EP Dark Elf Mag DK PvP

All my builds are outdated...I quit for a year lmao

PSN ID: SDL_Griz
  • Thevampirenight
    Thevampirenight
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Monk (Unarmed/Knuckles Melee)
    Monk for, sure Unarmed Skill line, maybe this class could be a pure stamina/ki based class.. Unique abilties fitting for a monk as well were used for the Psijjic Order. So Unarmed, Acrobatics, devotion and faith could be new skilllines they could add for it. If a monk class is ever done since the most fitting abilties for them are already in the game.
    Edited by Thevampirenight on January 17, 2019 12:59PM
    PC NA
    Please add Fangs to Vampires.
  • Ohhgrizyyy
    Ohhgrizyyy
    ✭✭✭✭
    Bard (AoE Heals/Support)
    Monk for, sure Unarmed Skill line, maybe this class could be a pure stamina/ki based class. Instead of magicka. unique abilties fitting for a monk as well. To bad they used those for the Psijjic Order. So Unarmed, Acrobatics, devotion and faith could be new skilllines they could add for it.

I personally dont understand why so many people want just a skill line instead of a full class. Theres more depth to a class. Having a nightblade or dk per say and using abilities from an unarmed skill line? Sounds meh to me. I'd much rather them make monk a class then add brass knuckles as a duel wield to give it that unarmed feel. Of course give brass knuckles some kind of bonus either as a Monk passive or a Twin Blunt and Bleed passive that actually makes it worth using over other dual wield

• Ohhgrizyyy
    Ohhgrizyyy
    ✭✭✭✭
    Bard (AoE Heals/Support)
    Monk for, sure Unarmed Skill line, maybe this class could be a pure stamina/ki based class.. Unique abilties fitting for a monk as well were used for the Psijjic Order. So Unarmed, Acrobatics, devotion and faith could be new skilllines they could add for it. If a monk class is ever done since the most fitting abilties for them are already in the game.

If you haven't already and want to see me explain my thoughts on these classes more go to the 2nd page and find the comment

• Sendrik
    Sendrik
    ✭✭✭
    ALL of the classes right now,are mages,even stamina nightblades.
    Most of the time you will be summoning magical weapons and use buffs or heals.
    For my greatsword,i got 4 melee skills.
    Let that sink in....4 melee skills(and i ended up using just 1 of them)compared to countless other skills where you place runes,buff,heal,summon weapons.......

I wanted to be a swordfighter with SOME magic,not the other way around,but theres too much magic in the game at the moment,really,its everywhere,no matter what class you play.
    If they add a monk,they shouldnt add a weapon requirement,the unarmed skills would just hide the weapon you have equipped or even better,sheath it for the duration of the skill.
    It was already sugested that unarmed combat should become a skill line that all classes can use but im against it,because if youre going to do pvp,you will be using your class skills anyway,and then youre back to playing as a mage,but this time,with 1-2 unarmed skills,maybe.
    A wanderers way never ends.
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Two of the class ideas are probably never going to happen. A purely elemental mage would be an issue since all classes much be able to work as stamina or magicka and elemental in this game is purely magicka. Also, Another summoner will hopefully be unlikely as the next class wince we will not have 3 summoners.
  • Moridin_82
    Moridin_82
    ✭✭✭
    NskDen wrote: »
    Warrior (tank, dd) :)

U can be warrior tough Just pick up two hand and dw easy
  • Sendrik
    Sendrik
    ✭✭✭
    Moridin_82 wrote: »
    NskDen wrote: »
    Warrior (tank, dd) :)

U can be warrior tough Just pick up two hand and dw easy

Good luck trying that in pvp,see how far it gets you without class skills.
    A wanderers way never ends.
  • Ilithyania
    Ilithyania
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Other.
    LUL
    PC
  • mxxo
    mxxo
    ✭✭✭✭
    Any class that makes Dunmer great again. :p
  • Elsterchen
    Elsterchen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ^adding to it I wouldn't mind if zos scratches wardens and necros out of existance.
  • Brazen_Blade
    Brazen_Blade
    ✭✭✭
    Other.
    I'm not against other classes being added later, but I feel like at this point, ZOS could stop here. The Necromancer will finally fill out the 2nd "light armor" archetype in the game (next to Sorcerer). Meaning that if you look at the Champion gear during the character creation process, there are 2 heavy armor classes (Dragonknight and Templar), 2 medium armor classes (Nightblade and Warden) and now there will be 2 light armor ones.

I realize that you can play any of these classes in whatever gear you want, but I think from a game design standpoint, ZOS has their class concept tree equally balanced now, so I would honestly be more surprised to see another class added than to not ever see another one. From now on, I suspect adding guild/weapon skill lines will be the new features to come. Although, admittedly, I thought they wouldn't add another class after the Warden as it was already partially developed since pre-launch, but here we are awaiting the Necromancer...
  • Ragnarock41
    Ragnarock41
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    berserker? You mean what sDk should have been?

PS: to be more serious ESO is not that sort of game where you have basic classes like bard, monk,ranger etc. Reading these type of pools make me question if the OP even plays the game.
    Edited by Ragnarock41 on January 19, 2019 11:30AM
  • Rake
    Rake
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Other.
    merchant/banker

skill trees:
    Drain - leeching life, stamina, magicka from enemies
    Interest - hit enemy where it hurts the most, steal their coins, tel vars, AP and crown gems
    illusion - show enemies degenerate stuff that will lead them away from their goals in ESO, maybe even irl
  • nryerson1025
    nryerson1025
    ✭✭✭✭
    Other.
    i realize its counter the existing strategy, but i'd like to see 3 new classes, one unique to each faction and unplayable on the others
  • Heimpai
    Heimpai
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Other.
    Now that there’s dragons it’s obv gonna be dovahkiin..

Can’t wait to fus ro dah people off keeps in pvp
  • Tasear
    Tasear
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bard (AoE Heals/Support)
    Battle mage would sell well but more as a skill line

Still joining bard cultists now in the dream.
  • Chufu
    Chufu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Berserker (Rage Based Atks?¿?)
    Berserker with Spear and/or Crossbow!!! HUUAAAAAAARGH!!!! Smash. B)
  • BoneShatterer
    BoneShatterer
    ✭✭✭
    Other.
    be original! stop copying from other mmos. a little imagination never hurted anyone. all your classes you mention are from everquest . let bethesda do the thinking. youre not one of their slaves tho your are paying them to treat you like one
  • richo262
    richo262
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No new classes, 6 is fine.

If they wanted to get clever, they could strip 1 class tree from every class. Move the most unique skills to the class into 2 trees then with the Skills that were culled, either because they are not particular unique or have overlap with existing base game skills, merge them into the base game.

So
    DK - Earthen Heart becomes a 3rd morph of Fighters Guild (Earth Forge Theme) that improves upon FG skills with an earthen theme.
    NB - Siphoning - Merges with Soul Magic
    Templar - Skills that can pass as gifts from Meridia - Become the 3rd morph of soul magic unlocking when completing main quest
    Sorc - Various skills such as runes, bargain, bound aegis that have overlap with Mages Guild become the 3rd morph of Mages Guild
    Warden - Winters Embrace - Becomes an Alteration Staff skill tree (Mage Tanking)
    Necro - Any skills that may have overlap, becomes the 3rd morph of Undaunted.

With the classes only have 2 skill trees, they then get to pick 1 tree from any other class, if they so choose, they do not get the passives however. Essentially making hybrid classes.
  • Ohhgrizyyy
    Ohhgrizyyy
    ✭✭✭✭
    Bard (AoE Heals/Support)
    berserker? You mean what sDk should have been?

PS: to be more serious ESO is not that sort of game where you have basic classes like bard, monk,ranger etc. Reading these type of pools make me question if the OP even plays the game.

But the game has a Templar which is basically a Paladin/Cleric. A Nightblade which is basically a Rogue. A Warden which is basically an Enchanter/Druid....Pretty sure they could do those style classes. I don't follow lore so I don't know what is actually lore breaking and what isnt. I just know Bard was a class that was playable in the early TES games

• Ohhgrizyyy
    Ohhgrizyyy
    ✭✭✭✭
    Bard (AoE Heals/Support)
    be original! stop copying from other mmos. a little imagination never hurted anyone. all your classes you mention are from everquest . let bethesda do the thinking. youre not one of their slaves tho your are paying them to treat you like one

Not my fault EQ was a great game and is the grandfather MMO. They did practically everything right and some of these classes are in other games and could work in TES. Theres Bards, Monks and even "Sword Singers/Summoners" in TES. Look at The Mage in vAA. The Morkuldin gearset, The sword-singer gear set

• Minyassa
    Minyassa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Other.
    Bard would be great, but I'd hate to see it relegated to a healer expectation. We have plenty of heals. The original D&D bard is a fighter/magic-user/thief hybrid, no clerical stuff in there. I would want to see bards have a combination of AoE buffs/debuffs, weapon attacks and rogue passives.
  • SirAxen
    SirAxen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think in terms of classes, the five we have and the six we are about to have is plenty. From here on out, I'd love to just see world skill lines (with active abilities) and more weapon skill lines. ESO classes are versatile enough that six starting classes is enough. My opinion.
  • ArchMikem
    ArchMikem
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Didn't Oblivion have, like, 12 Classes? I know it was a lengthy list.
    CP1,900+ Master Explorer - AvA One Star General - Console Peasant - The Clan
    Quest Objective: OMG Go Talk To That Kitty!