The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

is Redguard Necromancer the most lorebreaking thing ZOS has ever introduced?

• soniku4ikblis
    soniku4ikblis
    ✭✭✭
    Skander wrote: »
    IronWooshu wrote: »
    The main necromancer showcased on the website is a Redguard Necromancer, the same race that absolutely despises Necromancy.

Everybody has a black sheep

^ THIS
    __._-*._._._.-*'"{Sonic Euphoric Bliss}"'*-._._._.*-_.__
  • Robo_Hobo
    Robo_Hobo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Claudman wrote: »
    Withered Hand Cultists, dude.

With a comment like that...
    Argonians shouldn't have Lukiul and should all be racist.
    Dunmer should all be slavers.
    Altmer should all be genocidal xenophobes.
    Etc.

I don't think you're doing it right.
    Every race despises necromancy.

True but Redguards despise most magics, especially western magic while allowing some Eastern magic to be practiced like Restoration.

Redguards also vary from person to person. Again, Withered Hand cultists who are REDGUARD NECROMANCERS.

Again the Withered Hand was created by ZOS not Bethesda and were never mentioned in any Redguard lore before ZOS began ESO, at least to my knowledge.

Alright, have another Redguard Necromancer that isn't from ESO then, and was made by Bethesda.

https://en.uesp.net/wiki/Skyrim:Lu'ah_Al-Skaven
    Edited by Robo_Hobo on January 16, 2019 2:43AM
  • Siohwenoeht
    Siohwenoeht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    No... I'd say vampires that can hide their condition with skins are... >:)
    "It is a lovely language, but it takes a very long time saying anything in it, because we do not say anything in it, unless it is worth taking a long time to say, and to listen to." - Treebeard
  • Yamenstein
    Yamenstein
    ✭✭✭✭

Etc.

True but Redguards despise most magics, especially western magic while allowing some Eastern magic to be practiced like Restoration.

Redguards also vary from person to person. Again, Withered Hand cultists who are REDGUARD NECROMANCERS.

Again the Withered Hand was created by ZOS not Bethesda and were never mentioned in any Redguard lore before ZOS began ESO, at least to my knowledge.

What ... ESO is part of the lore and part of the Canon that contributes to all the Elder Scroll games.

Not sure if trolling or just misguided in general.
  • Salvas_Aren
    Salvas_Aren
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    use-chim-change-lore.jpg
  • Claudman
    Claudman
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yamenstein wrote: »

Etc.

What ... ESO is part of the lore and part of the Canon that contributes to all the Elder Scroll games.

ESO has contributed a lot to TES Lore, brought back old lore which was ignored by Bethesda and the fact people still doubt it as canon amazes me...

Maybe he's a bit of both?
    Edited by Claudman on January 16, 2019 2:53AM
    Welcome, Moon-and-Star, to this place where destiny is made.

I play healers or DPS often for vet dungeons and trials (NA, CP810+). I play mostly elves or Argonians.
    I primarily play Damage-Based stuff in PvP, but occasionally I'll play something tanky or got the heals.
    I also love gaining more knowledge both metaphysical and mundane regarding TES lore.

I also occasionally role-play, but I prefer playing the game.
  • Sylvermynx
    Sylvermynx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yah.... Lu'ah was the first thing I thought of. Boy that was a total balls-up on a low level girl with nothing special. That was the first time of course.

By the 100th time, it wasn't a big deal. And that's when my mind was like "Wait. RG necromancer? WHAT?" Of course, that could be seen as a special case - a woman so devastated by loss of her husband....

I'm not quite that.... involved in game sob-stories. Eh, I'm not even involved in RL sob-stories that way. Still.... it's a viable theory. I don't really buy it as the impetus for "every race necromancy", but I'm not producing this game, so *shrug*
  • Xoelarasizerer
    Xoelarasizerer
    ✭✭✭
    Looking beyond the Withered Hand, Worm Cult and Blackmarrow Cult, you're telling me there isn't a single Necromancer NPC, be they named or a nameless generic "Necromancer" mook, in all of TES3: Morrowind, TES4: Oblivion, TES5: Skyrim or the rest of the franchise that is a Redguard?
    Edited by Xoelarasizerer on January 16, 2019 3:11AM
  • Finviuswe
    Finviuswe
    ✭✭✭✭
    They introduced me

I mean

No. I didn't mean this. It is lore-friendly, trust me
  • Vapirko
    Vapirko
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Orc stamcromancer incoming to PvP near you. Although I’m actually considering refusing to play necros and RPing my Templar as a wandering warrior of the light who has vowed to purge all the necromancers from Cyrodiil, and send them back to the crown store from whence they came.
  • TequilaFire
    TequilaFire
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Vapirko wrote: »
    Orc stamcromancer incoming to PvP near you. Although I’m actually considering refusing to play necros and RPing my Templar as a wandering warrior of the light who has vowed to purge all the necromancers from Cyrodiil, and send them back to the crown store from whence they came.

I main Templars, so I will be doing the same!
  • ZOS_GregoryV
    Greetings all,

After removing a few posts, we must ask that all posts be kept on topic and within the rule guidelines we have set in place. So let's keep Real World Politics out of this and stick with the lore. If anyone may have any questions in regards to the rules, they can be found here.

Thank you for your understanding,
    -Greg-
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
  • xAk_MoRRoWiNdx
    xAk_MoRRoWiNdx
    ✭✭✭
    That's what I was thinking about. Redguards are vehemently opposed to Necromancy, as demonstrated in the game in Alik'r. I found it funny that the Necromancer in the new Elsweyr trailer was a Redguard.

I know that my Stamancer will be a Redguard because
    1) It's the only race that I don't have a character of
    2) It's the best Stam race - unless things are being changed with the Racial Passive changes coming
    3) Simply for the lolz cause of the aforementioned lore reasons at the top.
    New to forums and stuff so I 99.9 percent probably won't see your response and such, so use the at symbol at me I guess? IDK :/. This BBCode stuff is really cool!! :D.
    Gamer from Alaska (907 Gamers, Alaskan Gamers Unite!).
    My little rant I guess?:
      One day Nightblades will get the buffs we desperately need and deserve, but so far, those buffs are not today.. The Elder Scrolls Online: Nightblade Nerfs Unlimited.
      Don't nerf you, don't nerf me, nerf the sorc behind the tree!.

If you need help or advice, hit me up on Xbox: H4rry Poggers :D .
      Also open to talking on Discord!

Ich kann Deutsch Sprechen bei der mittleren/zwischen Kenntnissen Ebene. Hallo! :D.

CP level 1000+! Playing since 2015.

My wishlist I suppose:
      • PLEASE PLEASE PLEEEEAAASSSEEE EITHER BUFF SIPHONING STRIKES OR REVERT IT BACK TO PRE MORROWIND!!.
      • Bring back purge cloak. But I guess the new heal cloak is more beneficial. Hmmm....
      • MAKE IMPERIAL CITY GREAT AGAIN, BRING BACK THOSE INCREDIBLE DAYS. My best experiences in ESO where in there!
      • Return Stam builds to the power we held in One Tamriel. Long Live Stamina builds!
      • Put Magplar and MagDK into their place. Magpsorc is a hopeless case.
      • Is there any chance that we could get an Ebonheart Pact nerf? #CullingTheHerds .

My 10 characters:
      • AD - xak-Morrowindx - Khajiit Stamina Nightblade. Hours: 107 days, 19 hours (2,568 hours).
      • EP - Ich bin Groot - Orc Stamina Dragonknight. Hours: 2 days, 16 hours (64 hours).
      • DC - Who Took My Bleach - Orc Stamina Sorcerer. Hours: 3 days, 18 hours. (90 hours).
      • EP - Niada Zaennon - High Elf Magicka Nightblade. Hours: 15 days, 18 hours (378 hours).
      • AD - Healsyournoobazzwithmemes - Argonian Magicka Templar. Hours: 1 day, 9 hours (33 hours)
      • DC - Engulfing Traps - Dark Elf Magicka Dragonknight. Hours: 7 days, 17 hours (129 hours).
      • AD - Verführung - High Elf Magicka Sorcerer. Hours: 5 days, 9 hours (129 hours)
      • DC - Deadazz catch these birds - Nord Stamina Warden. Hours: 6 days, 21 hours (165 hours)
      • EP - So Bendy - Wood Elf Stamina Templar. Hours: 1 day, 15 hours (39 hours)
      • EP - Smash that mf Like button - Breton Magicka Warden. Hours: 20 hours, 20 minutes.

Aldmeri Dominion Master-Faction!
    • IronWooshu
      IronWooshu
      ✭✭✭✭✭

Etc.

So you're saying ZOS has no governing rules? Whatever they make regardless is law and now LORE? I mean they could spawn another dragon break and bring forth another Dovakin, right?
    • Saucy_Jack
      Saucy_Jack
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      giphy.gif
      ALL HAIL SNUGGLORR THE MAGNIFICENT, KING OF THE RNG AND NIRN'S ONE TRUE GOD! Also, become a Scrub-scriber! SJ Scrubs: Playing games badly to make you feel better about yourself.
    • SilverIce58
      SilverIce58
      ✭✭✭✭✭

Etc.

So you're saying ZOS has no governing rules? Whatever they make regardless is law and now LORE? I mean they could spawn another dragon break and bring forth another Dovakin, right?

Tiber Septim is supposed to appear in a few hundred years, so thats covered.
      PC - NA
      CP 1125
      Veric Blackwood - Breton Magsorc DC
      Xhiak-Qua'cthurus - Argonian Frost Warden EP
      Kujata-qa - Khajiit Magplar AD
      Suunleth-dar - Khajiit Stamblade AD
      Teldryn Antharys - Dunmer Flame DK EP
      Strikes-With-Venom - Argonian Poison DK EP
      Rur'san-ra - Khajiit WW Stamsorc AD
      Ilianos Solinar - Altmer Stamplar AD
      Iscah Silver-Heart - Reachman Magden DC
    • Siohwenoeht
      Siohwenoeht
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭

Etc.

ESO takes place around the interregnum before Tiber septim and after the long house emperor's. In previous games published before ESO, the time period of ESO is treated in an almost mythical way. The details are vague which gives a lot of leeway for the lore.
      "It is a lovely language, but it takes a very long time saying anything in it, because we do not say anything in it, unless it is worth taking a long time to say, and to listen to." - Treebeard
    • Salvas_Aren
      Salvas_Aren
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭
      That's what I was thinking about. Redguards are vehemently opposed to Necromancy, as demonstrated in the game in Alik'r. I found it funny that the Necromancer in the new Elsweyr trailer was a Redguard.

2) It's the best Stam race - unless things are being changed with the Racial Passive changes coming

It actually makes sense.

Necromancy is a taboo in the Redguard culture, so a Necromancer would move abroad from the Alik'R dessert. Having lived many years there, one would know that a balanced, mild, dry climate and sand would conserve corpses well.

So, a Redguard Necromancer would go to Elsweyr or else where? >:)
    • IronWooshu
      IronWooshu
      ✭✭✭✭✭

Etc.

Tiber Septim is supposed to appear in a few hundred years, so thats covered.
      about 200 years away Tiber Septim will take back the Imperial Throne and Cyrodil
    • SilverIce58
      SilverIce58
      ✭✭✭✭✭

It actually makes sense.

Necromancy is a taboo in the Redguard culture, so a Necromancer would move abroad from the Alik'R dessert. Having lived many years there, one would know that a balanced, mild, dry climate and sand would conserve corpses well.

Not to mention that according to lore, Elsweyr is a prime area for finding and/or buying corpses.
      PC - NA
      CP 1125
    • BretonicKnight
      Maybe I'm missing something here, but I thought the OP brought up Redguard Necromancers because Necromancy is one of the highest crimes and greatest taboos in Redguard culture and the protagonist is their hero. Redguards have literally dethroned Kings and turned their backs on greater heroes for Necromancy. It's not that Redguard Necromancers DON'T EXIST as everyone spamming the illegal Withered Hand cultists that the entire loyal Redguard faction fights against would suggest. It's that there's really no way for a Redguard Necromancer to fit the lore as the vestige / hero of Alik'r.
      Tristan Montrose - Breton Magicka Nightblade - Destruction Staff / Light Armor (Vampire) | Elandril - Altmer Magicka Sorcerer - Destruction Staff / Light Armor
      Reveals-the-Dawn - Argonian Magicka Templar - Restoration Staff / Light Armor | Mohrvul gro-Betnikh - Orsimer Health Dragonknight - One Hand and Shield / Heavy Armor
      Therondell - Bosmer Agility Warden - Bow / Medium Armor | Zankan Dreloth - Dunmer Stamina Dragonknight - Dual Wield / Medium Armor
      Faheem - Redguard Stamina Sorcerer - Dual Wield / Medium Armor | Kharn-do - Khajiit Stamina Nightblade - Dual Wield / Medium Armor
      Arnswulf - Nord Stamina Warden - Two Handed / Medium Armor (Werewolf) | Claudius Vitruvius - Imperial Health Templar - One Hand and Shield / Heavy Armor
    • Sylvermynx
      Sylvermynx
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭✭✭

It actually makes sense.

*laughing* DESERT, sweetheart. Dessert is.... nummy sweets.... like flan, or even choc chip cookies. Or maybe.... S'mores ('cause I have a love fire in the fireplace, and I have the ingredients in the pantry!). Anyway, yeah - those of the Redguard race who are outside of the norm..... this would fit them just fine.

Hmm. Alik'r Desert dessert.... what do you think? Maybe baklava.....
      Edited by Sylvermynx on January 16, 2019 3:54AM
    • IronWooshu
      IronWooshu
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      Maybe I'm missing something here, but I thought the OP brought up Redguard Necromancers because Necromancy is one of the highest crimes and greatest taboos in Redguard culture and the protagonist is their hero. Redguards have literally dethroned Kings and turned their backs on greater heroes for Necromancy. It's not that Redguard Necromancers DON'T EXIST as everyone spamming the illegal Withered Hand cultists that the entire loyal Redguard faction fights against would suggest. It's that there's really no way for a Redguard Necromancer to fit the lore as the vestige / hero of Alik'r.

You my friend get it
    • Salvas_Aren
      Salvas_Aren
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭
      One could say the same about the Nightblade.

Silent murderers, often followers of the path of Sithis. Respected by kings and queens, appreciated for high rank assassinations and espionage.

But the common folk would probably not be keen on doing business with one. However, the Vestige can be a NB.
    • Siohwenoeht
      Siohwenoeht
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭
      Another thought, but isn't the Skyrim npc necromancer Falion in Morthal a redguard?
    • Sylvermynx
      Sylvermynx
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      Another thought, but isn't the Skyrim npc necromancer Falion in Morthal a redguard?

Yep.

As edge cases go, RG necromancers might be a major one. But then again - the whole point to TES from almost the very beginning....

....is - play how you want to play.

There's no better exemplar of that tenet than RG necromancers.
    • Salvas_Aren
      Salvas_Aren
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭

He is not referred to as a Necromancer, rather a Conjurer. However, Redguards generally hate them equally. Could be the reason why he lives in Skyrim.
    • BretonicKnight

Silent murderers, often followers of the path of Sithis. Respected by kings and queens, appreciated for high rank assassinations and espionage.

But the common folk would probably not be keen on doing business with one. However, the Vestige can be a NB.

Literally no in-game lore around being a Nightblade, nor a stigma in any culture. Redguards are specifically and violently anti-Necromancy. That's the whole plot of their zone.
      Tristan Montrose - Breton Magicka Nightblade - Destruction Staff / Light Armor (Vampire) | Elandril - Altmer Magicka Sorcerer - Destruction Staff / Light Armor
      Reveals-the-Dawn - Argonian Magicka Templar - Restoration Staff / Light Armor | Mohrvul gro-Betnikh - Orsimer Health Dragonknight - One Hand and Shield / Heavy Armor
      Therondell - Bosmer Agility Warden - Bow / Medium Armor | Zankan Dreloth - Dunmer Stamina Dragonknight - Dual Wield / Medium Armor
      Faheem - Redguard Stamina Sorcerer - Dual Wield / Medium Armor | Kharn-do - Khajiit Stamina Nightblade - Dual Wield / Medium Armor
      Arnswulf - Nord Stamina Warden - Two Handed / Medium Armor (Werewolf) | Claudius Vitruvius - Imperial Health Templar - One Hand and Shield / Heavy Armor
    • SilverIce58
      SilverIce58
      ✭✭✭✭✭

You know that the

Not to mention Sorcs. Sure mages and the like would speak to you, but the Fighter's Guild would never do business with one who cavorts with Daedra in the way that Sorcs do (seeing as how in the beginning, their main goal is to get rid of the anchors and the daedra). Many kings, queens, and other forms of royalty also would not as they've been assaulted by Daedra in the past (often by ones who've killed their loved ones).
      PC - NA
      CP 1125
    • Salvas_Aren
      Salvas_Aren
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭
      Sylvermynx wrote: »

It actually makes sense.

*laughing* DESERT, sweetheart. Dessert is.... nummy sweets.... like flan, or even choc chip cookies. Or maybe.... S'mores ('cause I have a love fire in the fireplace, and I have the ingredients in the pantry!). Anyway, yeah - those of the Redguard race who are outside of the norm..... this would fit them just fine.

Hmm. Alik'r Desert dessert.... what do you think? Maybe baklava.....

Now I'm embarrassed, and hungry. :s