The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Necromancer - what we know so far...

• Tasear
    Tasear
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Here's hoping bound amour isn't 2 bar slots >...> and feels different then Sorc version.
  • casparian
    casparian
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Does Necromancer require skill, buildcraft, and engaging gameplay in order to play it in overworld content? Because otherwise it’s just going to be new ability skins and number tweaks for RP purposes in the vast majority of content in the game.
    7-day PVP campaign regular 2016-2019, Flawless Conqueror. MagDK/stamplar/stamwarden/mageblade. Requiem, Legend, Knights of Daggerfall. Currently retired from the wars; waiting on performance improvements.
  • Thraben
    Thraben
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    New role in PvP: Rez Bot with the Necro heal ulti.

I really like how the other skills sound, though.
    Hauptmann der Dolche des Königs

DDK ist die letzte Verteidigungslinie des Dolchsturz- Bündnisses auf der 30-Tage-No-CP- Kampagne(EU) mit dem Anspruch, in kleinen, anfängerfreundlichen Raid-Gruppen möglichst epische Schlachten auszufechten.

DDK is the Daggerfall Covenant´s last line of defense on the 30 days no-cp campaign (EU). We intend to fight epic battles in small, casual player friendly raid groups.
  • Savos_Saren
    Savos_Saren
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Definitely looking forward to being a NecroTank.
    Want to enjoy the game more? Try both PvP (crybabies) and PvE (carebears). You'll get a better perspective on everyone's opinion.

PC NA AD
    Savos Saren
  • samueltannerb14_ESO
    Looking at the healing skill line I'm thinking this is the healing style I've been wanting.
  • Sky-Piercer
    Sky-Piercer
    ✭✭
    OtarTheMad wrote: »
    Sounds amazing so far.

EDIT- Time to delete at least two characters and make room lol.

Just FYI, they did mention in the Twitch that they will give a free character slot to everyone when it launches and increase the character slot cap.
  • Thraben
    Thraben
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    For all what we heard i feel like Necro will be a Zerg class. Magicka warden is already the worst class to 1vx with. Please dont make Necro impossible to play solo!

Well, the skills tell me that the MagWarden will soon be only the second worst PvP solo class ;) Like a sorc with no mobility, shields, no good self healing if not sorrounded by players and corpses, and class execute.

It is justified, though, because in all fantasy worlds necromancers are quite squishy when they aren't in the company of allies, corpses, or masses of weak enemies. They are the very definition of a zerg class.

Stamimancers (and Healthmancers) will be fine, though (depending on some morphs).
    Edited by Thraben on January 16, 2019 2:38AM
    Hauptmann der Dolche des Königs

DDK ist die letzte Verteidigungslinie des Dolchsturz- Bündnisses auf der 30-Tage-No-CP- Kampagne(EU) mit dem Anspruch, in kleinen, anfängerfreundlichen Raid-Gruppen möglichst epische Schlachten auszufechten.

DDK is the Daggerfall Covenant´s last line of defense on the 30 days no-cp campaign (EU). We intend to fight epic battles in small, casual player friendly raid groups.
  • milesrodneymcneely2_ESO
    milesrodneymcneely2_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wait, so Necromancers are a no-no, but if you turn into a werewolf in broad daylight it's fine?
    I'd like to see them tie the Justice System into both Werewolf transformation and summoned Daedra.
  • ccfeeling
    ccfeeling
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Oh no ... those are temp pets ?

I may not play petcer... :(
  • ZarkingFrued
    ZarkingFrued
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I am kinda worried about some things that were mentioned there (on the stream).
    Basically necromancer will get stronger when there are more corpses around. And the word "any corpse will do" was also mentioned.
    My first thought: Those moments in Cyrodiil PvP when one side is trying to push the keep wall breach / gate and there is a lot of dead players on the ground... Yeah... :(
    I was kinda worried that necromancer will be OP in PvP and the stream seemed to only confirm my worries even more...

They literally discussed that that would be to OP so they were looking into it.
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So awesome
    Gamer tag: DasPanzerKat NA Xbox One
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • RogueShark
    RogueShark
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm excited for necro tbh, but it's bittersweet. I've had my sorc forever... so much done on him. And I love to play him because he's not a "conventional" healer archtype. He's a daedra-summoning MAGE, who I get to heal people with. I never liked the "cleric" or "priest" aesthetic for healer. With necro having a whole line dedicated to healing, it's RIGHT up my alley. I can't wait to try it and I wouldn't be surprised if I end up maining a necro healer once it drops.
    Disappointed because I've always been sort of holding out hope that sorc would get some better buffs or adjustments to make them more unique or desired in different roles... but now I really don't see that ever happening because they are giving necro a whole healing line. I just hate to ditch my sorc who's been through so much, but double-barred twilight and basic resto skills versus a number of unique class healing abilities instead? Unless they really drop the ball on necro, the choice is clear to me.
    PC NA
    Will heal DPS for memes.
  • FrancisCrawford
    FrancisCrawford
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Cries wrote: »
    So are we just going to ignore the bone colossus transform ultimate and bone dragon breathe ultimate impacting pvp performance? By the look on the concept arts those are going to be huge, much bigger than the character casting them, I can only imagine what will happen to performance when more than 5 necromancers cast an ultimate in a large scale fight.

Tanks don't even like it if you bring a Maw of the Infernal monster-set pet. They will likely hate Bone Colossus.
  • Rygonix
    Rygonix
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thraben wrote: »
    New role in PvP: Rez Bot with the Necro heal ulti.
    Good, maybe us templars can finally catch a break and let someone else handle the stereotype for a little bit.
    Ceres Des Mortem-Dark Elf Templar, EP
    PC-NA
  • kalimar44
    kalimar44
    ✭✭✭✭
    It's funny that in other MMOs the necromancer seems to have no problem keeping a permanent pet up. I'm sorry but I'm not impressed at all.
  • Michaelkeir
    Michaelkeir
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    kalimar44 wrote: »
    It's funny that in other MMOs the necromancer seems to have no problem keeping a permanent pet up. I'm sorry but I'm not impressed at all.

I'm disappointed as well. Don't get me wrong. I'm happy we are getting necromancers, but no permanent pet sucks. And only 1 temporary pet (skeleton mage), like why? I don't count the bone bomb as a pet either.
  • ParaNostram
    ParaNostram
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    casparian wrote: »
    Does Necromancer require skill, buildcraft, and engaging gameplay in order to play it in overworld content? Because otherwise it’s just going to be new ability skins and number tweaks for RP purposes in the vast majority of content in the game.

Well, they described it as something with a skill curve, managing positioning and corpse use and such. A lot of their abilities are conjure and forget minions that die after so much time, thus allowing the necromancer to generate corpses to use for abilities. A joke from a dev indicated a worry that it might still need balancing for PvP so we know they are aware of the possible implications of a necromancer at a keep fight.

Overall, they seem to have learned their lessons from the years developing this game. I expect them to handle this competently enough. Now getting the servers to actually run nice, on the other hand... :lol:
    "Your mistake is you begged for your life, not for mercy. I will show you there are many fates worse than death."

Para Nostram
    Bosmer Sorceress
    Witch of Evermore

"Death is a privilege that can be denied by it's learned scholars."
    Order of the Black Worm
  • Bam_Bam
    Bam_Bam
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    casparian wrote: »

Well, they described it as something with a skill curve, managing positioning and corpse use and such. A lot of their abilities are conjure and forget minions that die after so much time, thus allowing the necromancer to generate corpses to use for abilities. A joke from a dev indicated a worry that it might still need balancing for PvP so we know they are aware of the possible implications of a necromancer at a keep fight.

Overall, they seem to have learned their lessons from the years developing this game. I expect them to handle this competently enough. Now getting the servers to actually run nice, on the other hand... :lol:

I like the ideas that I've read about so far. I'd LOVE it if the necromancers power was tied into the number of corpses present (and/or draining essence or souls from the corpse) - that would require a lot of skill and combat manouverability to make the class powerful.
    Joined January 2014
    PC EU - PvE & BGs & PvP (Vivec)
    Grand Master Crafter

#DiscordHypeSquad

Stream
    Lims Kragm'a
    Bam Bam Bara
  • Bam_Bam
    Bam_Bam
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Perma-Skeletal Healer though - might make Warden look amateurish. Plenty of necromatanks inc.
    Joined January 2014
    PC EU - PvE & BGs & PvP (Vivec)
    Grand Master Crafter

#DiscordHypeSquad

Stream
    Lims Kragm'a
    Bam Bam Bara
  • Emma_Overload
    Emma_Overload
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Necromancers are going to be great in the Imperial City, where there are plenty of mobs to be used as corpses.
    #CAREBEARMASTERRACE
  • Faulgor
    Faulgor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I was hoping for something involving Mysticism / soul trapping / soul gems, as those are considered part of Necromancy in some cultures.
    Alandrol Sul: He's making another Numidium?!?
    Vivec: Worse, buddy. They're buying it.
  • Yuffie91
    Yuffie91
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Anything known about more char slots?
  • Knootewoot
    Knootewoot
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    majulook wrote: »
    They specifically said: If a NPC sees you doing any Necromancer abilities, that they will call guards.

Wait, so Necromancers are a no-no, but if you turn into a werewolf in broad daylight it's fine?

I don't know if they keep it that way. But they might also give these reactions to WW and Vampires. I hope so though and give those who are Vamp or WW their own hideouts with merchants and such. (Of course non vamps are not welcome there and KOS by the vamp guards and for WW the same)
    ٩(͡๏̯͡๏)۶
    "I am a nightblade. Blending the disciplines of the stealthy agent and subtle wizard, I move unseen and undetected, foil locks and traps, and teleport to safety when threatened, or strike like a viper from ambush. The College of Illusion hides me and fuddles or pacifies my opponents. The College of Mysticism detects my object, reflects and dispels enemy spells, and makes good my escape. The key to a nightblade's success is avoidance, by spell or by stealth; with these skills, all things are possible."
  • RavenSworn
    RavenSworn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yuffie91 wrote: »

1 additional char slot to be given free upon launch I believe.
    Ingame: RavenSworn, Pc / NA.

Of Wolf and Raven
    Solo / Casual guild for beginners and new players wanting to join the game. Pst me for invite!
  • Yuffie91
    Yuffie91
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    RavenSworn wrote: »
    Yuffie91 wrote: »

1 additional char slot to be given free upon launch I believe.

Nice!!!
  • MaxJrFTW
    MaxJrFTW
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    No permanent pets is very disappointing. I wanted a skeleton named skelly.
    "I don't know you, and I don't care to know you."
    ―Ulrich Leland, 3E 433
  • ccfeeling
    ccfeeling
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    No permanent pet and corpse is required for summoning ?

I just think about Repentance , free cost .

Is that true ?
  • Enemoriana
    Enemoriana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    May be a bit out of topic, but... is that altmer girl from first trailers a necromancer?
    I mean, last scene with breton. She is doing some magic and he becomes alive. That can be only healing or necromancy. Вut I don't remember such healing in TES; she was only doing damage before; and in Skyrim/Oblivion/Morrowind turning from undead vampire back to normal living surely was not by healing...
    • PC EU, @Enemoriana. Ru
    • My wishlist: crown crates, Lucky Cat Landing, atronach/crow/factotum merchant.
    • Houses: The Erstwhile Sanctuary. Everybody is welcomed! Here is video.
    • Luxury furniture is displayed in Forsaken Stronghold. Decorator default. Not luxury, but similar or close looking items marked with jester banners. Closed until ESO+ will be available again for Russia: without doubled limits there is not enough space.
    • Two years with no ESO+ available. Eternal thanks to people who gifted music boxes, my everlasting ESO passion!
  • red_emu
    red_emu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    kalimar44 wrote: »

And Rich mentioned that in Elder Scrolls necromancy is not a piece of cake. Only very powerful necromancers can summon permanent minions. In ES necromancy is unstable and fleeting
    PC - EU:
    Falathren Noctis - AD MagNecro
    Falathren - AD StamSorc
    Falathren Eryndaer - AD StamDen
    Falathren Irimion - AD MagPlar
    Talagan Falathren - AD StamDK
    Falathren Infernis - AD MagDK
    Your-Ex - AD MagBlade
  • IzzyStardust
    IzzyStardust
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Seraphayel wrote: »
    Necromancer will be introduced in the upcoming Chapter.

I'd like to dedicate this thread to all the information about Necromancer we got today so please help complete this post!

- No permanent pets; Necromancer pets are "fire and forget"

- Necromancers do use / consume corpses; either from fallen enemies or they "produce" corpses themselves

- Necromancers will cause Justice Reactions throughout Tamriel

What kind of reactions?

AWESOME ONES!