The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

Necromancer - what we know so far...

• ZarkingFrued
    ZarkingFrued
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    OtarTheMad wrote: »
    Sounds amazing so far.

EDIT- Time to delete at least two characters and make room lol.

They're giving us a free character slot
  • Unit117
    Unit117
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I’m really happy with all 3 skill lines I’m definitely making one of each and playing that those the rest of my life
  • Perashim
    Perashim
    ✭✭✭
    Ooooooh, I can't wait to animate a skeletal dragon and go on a rampage. Don't even care if it's not permanent.
    Despair for the Living...
  • Ryskim
    Ryskim
    ✭✭✭
    YES OMFG YES This is very much what I envisioned with my necromancy suggestion posts

Yeah. Remember all those nubtards saying this would never happen, that necromancy was forbidden, not lore fitting and would never be a skill line, even less a full class? Now you can tell them to shut up, because they will probably play the class as well.
  • TheTwistedRune
    TheTwistedRune
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Really very happy this is finally happening. Like many others I have been asking for the necromancer since the games release. As a single character player my old day one sorcerer is finally going to retire to the oblivion of deletion.

I am a little disappointed that there will be no permanent minions, and I don’t completely buy ZOS’ reasoning that only really powerful necromancers can achieve this. In previous ES games there are plenty low level NPC necromancers that seem to manage this feat with ease. No to mention player characters being able to as well. I’d wager it’s more for technical or performance reasons.

Also, is it me, or do a number of the announced skills bear a striking resemblance to Diablo 3’s necromancer? While not a bad thing in itself, I do wonder if this had a influence on the direction ZOS decided to take with the class.

All in all though, can’t wait for it. It’s been a long time coming. We can finally indulge our dark side. >:)

• adriant1978
    adriant1978
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I am pleasantly surprised that the abilities don't appear to be Khajiit related, as the heavy Morrowind theme close to killed the Warden for me, especially when none of my Wardens are Dunmer.

Although I guess the names and pictures we've seen are all placeholders and there's still time for everything to be made cat-shaped ... :s
  • Silver_Strider
    Silver_Strider
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I expect the novelty of Necromancer to wear off very quickly for some people when they realize how many quests take place in towns that require them to pretty much forgo their class skills for nothing but generic skills in order to not rack up a bounty.
    Argonian forever
  • Asardes
    Asardes
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    RebornV3x wrote: »
    I hope burning skull is not a spammable single target dps this will make Sorcerers even more worthless...

At least now you can feed Voriak Solkin a dose of his own medicine :D
    Beta tester since February 2014, played ESO-TU October 2015 - August 2022, currently on an extended break
    vMA (The Flawless Conqueror) | vVH (Spirit Slayer & of the Undying Song) | vDSA | vAA HM | vHRC HM | vSO HM | vMoL | vAS+1 | Emperor

PC-EU CP 3000+
    41,000+ Achievement Points before High Isle
    Member of:
    Pact Veteran Trade: Exemplary
    Traders of the Covenant: God of Sales
    Tamriels Emporium: God of Sales
    Valinor Overflow: Trader
    The Traveling Merchant: Silver

Characters:
    Asardes | 50 Nord Dragonknight | EP AR 50 | Master Crafter: all traits & recipes, all styles released before High Isle
    Alxaril Nelcarion | 50 High Elf Sorcerer | AD AR 20 |
    Dro'Bear Three-paws | 50 Khajiit Nightblade | AD AR 20 |
    Veronique Nicole | 50 Breton Templar | DC AR 20 |
    Sabina Flavia Cosades | 50 Imperial Warden | EP AR 20 |
    Ervesa Neloren | 50 Dark Elf Dragonknight | EP AR 20 |
    Fendar Khodwin | 50 Redguard Sorcerer | DC AR 20 |
    Surilanwe of Lillandril | 50 High Elf Nightblade | AD AR 20 |
    Joleen the Swift | 50 Redguard Templar | DC AR 20 |
    Draynor Telvanni | 50 Dark Elf Warden | EP AR 20 |
    Claudius Tharn | 50 Necromancer | DC AR 20 |
    Nazura-la the Bonedancer | 50 Necromancer | AD AR 20 |

Tharkul gro-Shug | 50 Orc Dragonknight | DC AR 4 |
    Ushruka gra-Lhurgash | 50 Orc Sorcerer | AD AR 4 |
    Cienwen ferch Llywelyn | 50 Breton Nightblade | DC AR 4 |
    Plays-with-Sunray | 50 Argonian Templar | EP AR 4 |
    Milariel | 50 Wood Elf Warden | AD AR 4 |
    Scheei-Jul | 50 Necromancer | EP AR 4 |

PC-NA CP 1800+
    30,000+ Achievement Points before High Isle
    Member of:
    Savage Blade: Majestic Machette

Characters:
    Asardes the Exile | 50 Nord Dragonknight | EP AR 30 |
  • Volckodav
    Volckodav
    ✭✭✭
    The real necro ulti in PVP will be via Colossus transformation that will cause SUPER LAG IN LARGE SCALE COMBAT :)
  • Valrien
    Valrien
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Wait, so Necromancers are a no-no, but if you turn into a werewolf in broad daylight it's fine?
    I'd like to see them tie the Justice System into both Werewolf transformation and summoned Daedra.

Summoning Daedra isn't illegal.
    Valrien Dravic -- Level 50 Dunmeri Sorcerer (EP)
    Garahel Dravic -- Level 50 Bosmeri Nightblade (EP)
    Tamriel Unlimited was a mistake. One Tamriel was a bigger mistake
  • adriant1978
    adriant1978
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Valrien wrote: »
    Wait, so Necromancers are a no-no, but if you turn into a werewolf in broad daylight it's fine?
    I'd like to see them tie the Justice System into both Werewolf transformation and summoned Daedra.

And apparently neither is being a stage 4 vampire or a transformed werewolf.

If their aim here is to boost immersion then they really need to take a wider look rather than just targeting one class. And if immersion isn't the goal then what is?
  • Valrien
    Valrien
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Valrien wrote: »

And apparently neither is being a stage 4 vampire or a transformed werewolf.

If their aim here is to boost immersion then they really need to take a wider look rather than just targeting one class. And if immersion isn't the goal then what is?
    Certainly not satisfying, impactful, and rewarding gameplay!

Btw

"Ever get tired of that pesky bounty your necromancer gets you in the cities? Well now you don't have to worry about that with our new Immunity upgrade (5000 Crowns) and Get-Out-Of-Jail-Not-Free-Card (1500 Crowns)! The first makes you immune to ever getting a bounty and the second clears your whole bounty! Coming to a Crown Store near you!"
    Valrien Dravic -- Level 50 Dunmeri Sorcerer (EP)
    Garahel Dravic -- Level 50 Bosmeri Nightblade (EP)
    Tamriel Unlimited was a mistake. One Tamriel was a bigger mistake
  • BaylorCorvette
    BaylorCorvette
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Three skill lines look great. Obviously if they do not balance it correctly the class could be super OP.
    Supreme Leader Corvette - StamSorc
    Founder of Dominion Special Forces
    YouTube - ESO & Automotive Racing
    DC Zerg Busting
  • Pyr0xyrecuprotite
    Pyr0xyrecuprotite
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cries wrote: »
    So are we just going to ignore the bone colossus transform ultimate and bone dragon breathe ultimate impacting pvp performance? By the look on the concept arts those are going to be huge, much bigger than the character casting them, I can only imagine what will happen to performance when more than 5 necromancers cast an ultimate in a large scale fight.

I'm fairly sure a few Dawnbreakers will take care of that problem for you :smiley:
  • Cardthief
    Cardthief
    ✭✭✭

Maybe also include Vampires for later stages, so basically if you want to be safe from guards in cities you need to be stage 1 or 2.
    Edited by Cardthief on January 16, 2019 7:03PM
    (MC) Main DPS: Redz Kuinn - Lvl 50 - MagSorc - PvE
    Main Healer: Soranna Anilu - Lvl 50 - Templar - PvE
    Main Tank: Seamus Kuinn - Lvl 50 - Dragonknight - PvE
  • Oathunbound
    Oathunbound
    ✭✭✭
    What I want to know is if they are goin to be kings of aoe damage with the possibility of throwing out 3 persistent ground aoe skills (WOE, graveyard, impaling spikes) or if impaling spikes functions like elemental ring from the destro staff skill line.
  • Sky-Piercer
    Sky-Piercer
    ✭✭✭
    Cardthief wrote: »

Maybe also include Vampires for later stages, so basically if you want to be safe from guards in cities you need to be stage 1 or 2.

They could also easily add, for example, a new vampire passive within their skill line to camouflage vampiric appearance from the masses, similar to what count Ravenwatch does.

I know he's from a different vampire line but hey, it's not as if ZOS never twisted the lore before. :pensive:
  • Sendrik
    Sendrik
    ✭✭✭
    Really dissapointed,another,,magic''class for the game.
    Yea,you could have guessed it,going by its name,and im sure there will be stamina morphs but im talking about the animations and how they work,theres way too much magic in the game already,magicka or stamina.
    Even nightblades,dk,s and templars summon magical weapons and even those skills are a minority,most of the time youre just buffing up,healing or using some kind of spell.

We have weapon skills,yes,but when was the last time we got NEW melee attacks with new animations,that have not been spells in disguise?
    In my case,i have 4 melee attacks for my greatsword and only 3 of them are a option for pvp(but in the end i just needed 1....)
    4 attacks to choose from for my greatsword,and countless other skills where im summoning some kind of magical weapon,fire spells,place runes,heal,buff and god knows what else....
    Should also add that the ultimate looks really boring,compared to the rest.
    I would have prefered a martial arts-like class that uses kicks or punches at least(you would still be using weapons though).
    There goes my fantasy of becoming a swordsman who uses,,some''magic(maybe 2-3 skills)but focuses on using his sword...you cant take 3 steps in tamriel without encountering magic,even for a high fantasy mmo,this is way too much.
    I switched to a NB after playing a templar for months,but even there i was using way more,,magic''as a 2H stamina char,than anything else T _ T
    Edited by Sendrik on January 18, 2019 6:08AM
    A wanderers way never ends.
  • Serkuos
    Serkuos
    ✭✭✭
    Where did you get this images please ?
  • Seraphayel
    Seraphayel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    KurosaHebi wrote: »

@KurosaHebi They were shown during the announcement stream. I don't think you can find them anywhere else but if you rewatch the announcement you'll see them.
    Edited by Seraphayel on January 20, 2019 12:49AM
    PS5
    EU
    Aldmeri Dominion
    - Khajiit Arcanist -
  • Aurie
    Aurie
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No point speculating, or getting too excited about what Necro seems it might be like.

The only certainty is that ZOS will change it a dozen times before the chapter comes out, nerf it within a couple of months, and thereafter spend their time rebalancing it.
  • Aertew
    Aertew
    ✭✭✭✭
    They should have at least 1 permanent pet, if sorcerers can have them. if a warden can have it, so can a necromancer. I mean if you look at WoW alot of classes have pets, mages have the water elemental, Death Knights have a ghoul, Hunters have beasts, Warlocks have demons,

I think if ESO is going to be more fun. Add in flying mounts and allow classes like necromancer to have permanent pets.
  • Seraphayel
    Seraphayel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You really think more permanent pets are fun in a game where the pet system is so rudimentary that you have to sacrifice one slot on each of your bars just to keep it summoned?

I say ZOS thank you that Necromancer won't have any permanent pets. The whole world already is too crowded with Sorc and Warden pets, we really don't need more of them.
    PS5
    EU
    Aldmeri Dominion
    - Khajiit Arcanist -
  • Yamenstein
    Yamenstein
    ✭✭✭✭
    I just really hope they don't have cast times and channel abilities. So slow.
  • Vecro
    Vecro
    ✭✭
    Even though I wont be main Necro (ugh how basic) I do think in the healer tree should have a life-grip skill. Should work just like life-grip in wow.
  • Zordrage
    Zordrage
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Seraphayel wrote: »
    KurosaHebi wrote: »

@KurosaHebi They were shown during the announcement stream. I don't think you can find them anywhere else but if you rewatch the announcement you'll see them.

https://alcasthq.com/eso-necromancer-class/?fbclid=IwAR3KZHgVvdCaeRkxqaUpzRpTkX7o1fXqCNW5K7DYqKEtkXGPgpIAmUXGlj4

Everything you can find about the Necro here...
  • Olupajmibanan
    Olupajmibanan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Do we know anything about Necromancer abilities and Templar's Repentance interaction?
    Edited by Olupajmibanan on January 20, 2019 10:30AM
  • Seraphayel
    Seraphayel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Do we know anything about Necromancer abilities and Templar's Repentance interaction?

Yes, both are working on their own and are unbothered from the other if I remember correctly. There was a statement about this during the stream.
    PS5
    EU
    Aldmeri Dominion
    - Khajiit Arcanist -
  • Olupajmibanan
    Olupajmibanan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Seraphayel wrote: »

Yes, both are working on their own and are unbothered from the other if I remember correctly. There was a statement about this during the stream.

So no chance of repentancing corpses created by Necromancer?
  • JJBoomer
    JJBoomer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I am super excited about the Necromancer, although I am surprised that Flesh Atronarchs are not part of any of the skill lines. And I do kinda wish Necromancy came with a different weapon, or at least different visuals. It's gonna seem tacky using a staff and it's just gonna look like a sorc using necromancy.

I'm gonna have to experiment with all three skill lines
    Edited by JJBoomer on January 20, 2019 1:37PM