The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

"Pull Skills" Shouldn't count as stun.

madeeh91rwb17_ESO
madeeh91rwb17_ESO
✭✭✭✭
Pull Kills(DK Chains, FG silver leash)count as stun in the game right now.

Which in my opinion is not necessary, since "gap closing" and "pulling" have their own merits, upsides and downsides, in of themselves.
And therefore I think the stun(immunity) should be removed from pull skills. Or at least, make them disorient/off-balance the target.
  • dazee
    dazee
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Are you saying that pull skills are proccing stun immunity on targets?
    Playing your character the way your character should play is all that matters. Play as well as you can but never betray the character. Doing so would make playing an mmoRPG pointless.
  • Sy1ph5
    Sy1ph5
    ✭✭✭✭
    Ye because that's fair getting pulled by a random zergling spamming chains and then after I get pulled I can still be stunned. It's a cc skill so it procs cc immunity. There's no reason it shouldn't.
  • Vapirko
    Vapirko
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No. It shouldn’t be any easier for zergs to dog pile on players that are already being trapped in a pull. If anything you should be able to CC break mid pull.
    Edited by Vapirko on December 31, 2018 8:49AM
  • mertusta
    mertusta
    ✭✭✭✭
    Anything that interrupts your movement should be considered stun in my opinion. Chain changes your opponent's position, gap closers only affects you which is you are the one moving, not the enemy. Imagine a pvp situation where two dks are playing with one guy pulling him/her again and again.
  • Taylor_MB
    Taylor_MB
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Are you coming from a PvP or PvE perspective?

PvP
    If you are chaining someone into your zerg it would be totally OP to then be able to immediately stun them so 20 people can all light attack them once to kill them.

PvE
    Don't see any scenario where it would matter they have hard CC immunity? You can still talon them to keep them inside your groups AoE, DD's don't need to CC targets for any reason.

Are you trying to use Silver Leash on a non-DK or non-Sorc so you don't have an AoE root? In which case, that is just the trade off of playing that class.
    PvP Defensive Set Comparison
    Firestarter MagDK 1vX
    - build and gamplay!
    LagPlar Ranged Lag Proof(ish) Magplar
    - build and gamplay!
    ShadowGaurd MagBlade Group Utility Tank
    - build and gamplay!
    Oncoming Storm No-CP 11.6k Ward MagSorc - build and gamplay!
    My YouTube Chanel

• FakeFox
    FakeFox
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    You could then stunlock somebody literally forever, cause pulling in fact acts as a hard CC.
    EU/PC (GER) - Healermain since 2014 - 50305 Achievement Points - Youtube (PvE Healing Guides, Builds & Gameplay)
  • madeeh91rwb17_ESO
    madeeh91rwb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    Ok, this makes sense.

I was wrong.

Thanks everyone.
  • Bashev
    Bashev
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    FakeFox wrote: »
    You could then stunlock somebody literally forever, cause pulling in fact acts as a hard CC.

This.
    Because I can!
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Fyi the stun from leash lasts like 1 GCD after being pulled to you
    Gamer tag: DasPanzerKat NA Xbox One
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • ChunkyCat
    ChunkyCat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    A stun controls your ability to move.

A root controls your ability to move.

A pull controls your ability to move.

A potato controls your ability to be reasonable.
  • oXI_Viper_IXo
    oXI_Viper_IXo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Ok, this makes sense.

I was wrong.

Thanks everyone.

Gave you an awesome for being a reasonable person, which is quite the rarity on the forums these days. Props for considering the arguments and changing your mind.
  • Recremen
    Recremen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's definitely appropriate for a pull to give CC immunity. You are making someone lose control of their character and can use it to put them in extremely dangerous situations. This is completely unlike a gapcloser, where you are putting yourself at potential risk and moving your own character onto the opponent's turf.
    Men'Do PC NA AD Khajiit
    Grand High Illustrious Mid-Tier PvP/PvE Bussmunster