The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

[Video] Dual Wield Mag Sorc is Back! Murkmire Outnumbered PvP

LeifErickson
LeifErickson
✭✭✭✭✭
Watch me spam shields and blow people up:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h9FnedAAZ10

I'm sure a lot of you know how dual wield mag sorc has been nerfed patch after patch and how there was pretty much no reason to go DW. In addition, staff has been buffed quite significantly. There are many reasons why DW has gotten worse over the patches that I won't really get into, but basically one of the main ones was the buff to light attacks. Why go DW if you are hitting staff lights for 2.5k? Well, with the new overload you can now dual wield and hit insanely hard lights. And that is the basic premise behind this build. Honestly staff might still be better. I don't play staff sorc enough to know for sure. But this build is effective (in my opinion) and it's a lot of fun.

I haven't been playing this for very long (less than a week) so I haven't tried very many setups. What I am running in the video for the most part is shackle with spinners and gold food. I am also running Mighty Chudan. I'm not sure how I feel about this set, but it's been working so far and I didn't feel like testing a lot of stuff out. I also have one regen on jewelry and mage mundus. Sustain is honestly pretty easy since harness magicka is still insanely good (because this skill wasn't the problem with shields right guys?).

Some modifications to the build that I would think would be good are trying to fit mines somewhere (but I don't know where) or boundless storm and put on a different 2 piece like Bloodspawn or something. Also that one new set that gives a bunch of spell damage on the target you light attacked could be good as well, but I don't have that set and I already waste too much gold on mdk theorycrafting so I haven't bought it. Also I wanna try switching spinners for julianos. I have heared juli might be slightly better and I wanna see how they compare.

But the sets really don't matter that much. It's more about the rotation. What I usually do is curse with staff light, overload barswap, endless fury overload light. After these three global cooldowns a lot of players will die if they get hit by everything. If not then throw a frag with an overload if you got a proc and the frag will hit pretty much just after the curse explodes. If no frag then streak or endless fury again or go back to shield stacking. I was thinking putting structured entropy instead of crit surge might be the way to go because you get much bigger shields and also I think the dot helps proc endless fury explosion when you are up against a roll dodger, but correct me if I'm wrong. Crit surge is kinda nice though just because you just press it and you are done. You don't have to have a target or anything.

That's about it. Please give me suggestions for the build if you have any because like I said I haven't tested a lot of things out. Also let me know what you thought of the video and thanks for watching/reading!
  • Mrsinister2
    Mrsinister2
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I like when they threw scorching flare at you for no apparent reason around that tree :lol:
  • Jurand80
    Jurand80
    ✭✭✭✭
    but why gimp yourself?
  • CyrusArya
    CyrusArya
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Awesome work dude, props for sticking to the og dual wield wield spec. Red would be proud.

I just recently got back on my sorc too. Real talk, sorc can be phenomenal this patch if built and played right. Don’t buy into the doom and gloom people. Could there be some tuning and modernization? Sure. But it’s no where near as bad as it’s made out to be.
    A R Y A
    -Atmosphere
    -Ary'a
    Czarya
    The K-Hole ~ Phałanx
    My PvP Videos
  • LeifErickson
    LeifErickson
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jurand80 wrote: »
    but why gimp yourself?

I don't think I am gimping myself. I personally feel that this is a very strong spec open world and I think the footage shows that as well.
    CyrusArya wrote: »
    Awesome work dude, props for sticking to the og dual wield wield spec. Red would be proud.

I just recently got back on my sorc too. Real talk, sorc can be phenomenal this patch if built and played right. Don’t buy into the doom and gloom people. Could there be some tuning and modernization? Sure. But it’s no where near as bad as it’s made out to be.

I didn't even know there were doom and gloom people. I don't get how people can say this class is bad when it has been strongest or one of the strongest for every aspect of pvp since I started playing in 1.6. It's literally not possible for this class to be bad. It would need to have a complete redesign for it to possibly become a bad class, which won't happen.

It's got insane burst, especially outside of ults, insane mobility, and laughs at defiles if it's a shield stacking build. I can't see how a class could be bad if it has those three things and it's had those things since I started playing. So those three things makes it insane for solo. Then we can look at group pvp and oh look its got the best ult in the game for group play. If people really are saying this class is bad, then I can't wait to try out the classes they think are good.

If someone was to ask me what the best class in the game is on average since I started playing for all types of pvp and pve, I would say mag sorc no hesitation.
  • Lord-Otto
    Lord-Otto
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    See if you're still laughing about defiles when encountering an infused oblivion user...
  • Minno
    Minno
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I should try this. Frags+overload sounds like fun
    Minno - DC - Forum-plar Extraordinaire
    - Guild-lead for MV
    - Filthy Casual
  • Taylor_MB
    Taylor_MB
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Crazy suggestion.

What if you dropped MageLite, moved whatever to the front bar, and slotted Frags on back bar also? Given the amount of time you spend back bar, could potentially really help getting that offensive burst happening sooner.

Edit: Good use of tab targeting also, maybe I don't watch enough videos, but feels like it's been forever since I've seen that done.

Edited by Taylor_MB on December 27, 2018 4:07PM
    PvP Defensive Set Comparison
    Firestarter MagDK 1vX
    - build and gamplay!
    LagPlar Ranged Lag Proof(ish) Magplar
    - build and gamplay!
    ShadowGaurd MagBlade Group Utility Tank
    - build and gamplay!
    Oncoming Storm No-CP 11.6k Ward MagSorc - build and gamplay!
    My YouTube Chanel

• Kheigen
    Kheigen
    ✭✭
    Lord-Otto wrote: »
    See if you're still laughing about defiles when encountering an infused oblivion user...

Infused doesn't increase Oblivion damage.
  • usmguy1234
    usmguy1234
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Inb4 nerf sorc
    Zaghigoth- Orc Stamplar
    Soul Razor- Altmer Magsorc
    Les Drago- Redguard Stamdk
    Eirius- Altmer Magdk
    Stormifeth- Altmer Magplar

Disclaimer: My comments are a little sarcasm mixed with truth. If you can't handle that don't respond to me.

• Lord-Otto
    Lord-Otto
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Kheigen wrote: »

But it halves the cooldown to hit every second.
  • LeifErickson
    LeifErickson
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I mean those are nothing compared to shield breaker. I'd rather have two infused oblivion users on me than one shield breaker user.
    Taylor_MB wrote: »
    Crazy suggestion.

What if you dropped MageLite, moved whatever to the front bar, and slotted Frags on back bar also? Given the amount of time you spend back bar, could potentially really help getting that offensive burst happening sooner.

Edit: Good use of tab targeting also, maybe I don't watch enough videos, but feels like it's been forever since I've seen that done.

That's a great idea but dropping Inner Light is a huge damage loss. I would love to have frags on back bar and front though. Maybe having frags on only back bar could work too but I don't really think it will be better for the majority of situations considering the back bar frag will not hit as hard. I could see that being good though.
  • Lord-Otto
    Lord-Otto
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    What about a Shieldbreaker wearer who uses infused Oblivion weapons?
    >;3
  • LeifErickson
    LeifErickson
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What about a Shieldbreaker wearer who uses infused Oblivion weapons?
    >;3

Hopefully I won't ever have to deal with that lol.
  • barshemm
    barshemm
    ✭✭✭✭
    Kheigen wrote: »

2 things.

1. Fought him and went werewolf on my torugs build. Usually I mop up a mag sorc quick after going wolf. Leif used mobility and los, out sustained me and was able to burst me down in the end with a nice combo.

2. Infused does boost oblivion damage, as does torugs. My oblivion enchants hit for 2141 I believe. Oblivion out damages the werewolf bleed.
  • Beardimus
    Beardimus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nice work @leiferickson i dunno how i missed this at the time, huge MagDW fan as we've said in the past - but finally gave it up last year, cool to see this concept. Did you persevere any?
    Xbox One | EU | EP
    Beardimus : VR16 Dunmer MagSorc [RIP MagDW 2015-2018]
    Emperor of Sotha Sil 02-2018 & Sheogorath 05-2019
    1st Emperor of Ravenwatch
    Alts - - for the Lolz
    Archimus : Bosmer Thief / Archer / Werewolf
    Orcimus : Fat drunk Orc battlefield 1st aider
    Scalimus - Argonian Sorc Healer / Pet master

Fighting small scale with : The SAXON Guild
    Fighting with [PvP] : The Undaunted Wolves
    Trading Guilds : TradersOfNirn | FourSquareTraders

Xbox One | NA | EP
    Bëardimus : L43 Dunmer Magsorc / BG
    Heals-With-Pets : VR16 Argonian Sorc PvP / BG Healer
    Nordimus : VR16 Stamsorc
    Beardimus le 13iem : L30 Dunmer Magsorc Icereach
  • LeifErickson
    LeifErickson
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Beardimus wrote: »
    Nice work @leiferickson i dunno how i missed this at the time, huge MagDW fan as we've said in the past - but finally gave it up last year, cool to see this concept. Did you persevere any?

I haven't been playing it much but it technically still works. I'm thinking of going a different route next time I get on my sorc again though.
  • Minalan
    Minalan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yeah they just removed the requirement of slotting a destro staff skill to get the extra 8 percent single target damage from the fire staff passive.

There's no reason to dual wield other than style maybe. Now you can use the same build and weave light attacks.