Maintenance for the week of September 16:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – September 16, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) – 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – September 18, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – September 18, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts

ZOS, please let us use "female" adornments on male characters.

• Greystag
    Greystag
    ✭✭✭✭
    Recremen wrote: »
    Greystag wrote: »
    At first I suspected that it was just a boolean variable -or whatever the heck they're called- and the code could be easily changed but since my knowledge about programming isn't particularly extensive, I chose not to swell more on that theory.

Without detailed knowledge of the graphical tools they're using we really cannot make any claims about the ease or difficulty of these tasks, and anything we say is wild and baseless speculation. Here's some baseless speculation to start us off!
    • What if the models for males and females of the various races are built on custom presets and the adornments would require additional contouring work that has not yet been done for both sexes?
    • What if the models actually use a different set of incompatible attributes for certain feature hooks (like flowers in hair) and they'd have to write them over from scratch for the other sex?
    • What if the various helmet and headgear models have scripted behavior for how they reshape the hair and adornment textures to fit smoothly underneath, and the sex-specific adornments simply don't have the reshaping work done for the opposite sex models, leading to vast clipping issues?

Really there's just so many things that can go wrong, it's quite unlikely to be a simple boolean value change.

Ah that's an insightful answer, thank you.
    I didn't really consider any of those points, mainly because of my aforementioned lack of knowledge on game design. I hope the change ends up being actually a simple variable (I really like things like flowers) though. I just think that on the long term these wouldn't pay off, since it would mean they've been "making" 2 adornments all of this time (since the ones on the crown store are unisex). Hair is also sex-specific, but newer hairstyles are also unisex. We'll have to wait and hope ZOS answers.

| PC / EU |
    | Aspen Greystag, Khajiit Warden, Frosty boi |
    | Healer, Tank, Damage dealer |
    | CP: 1800 |
    | Guilds: Officer at Meridia's Light |