Maintenance for the week of September 16:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – September 16, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) – 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – September 18, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – September 18, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts

ZOS, please let us use "female" adornments on male characters.

Greystag
Greystag
✭✭✭✭
Female characters have a wide amount of adornments available, but male characters can't use them even if they buy the Adornments upgrade. Is there any particular reason for this? Every adornment that gets released fits both females and males, so I don't see why implementing this would imply a lot of work.
| PC / EU |
| Aspen Greystag, Khajiit Warden, Frosty boi |
| Healer, Tank, Damage dealer |
| CP: 1800 |
| Guilds: Officer at Meridia's Light |
  • LeagueTroll
    LeagueTroll
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Man can wear a dress in this game but can’t wear flowers on forehead. Some BS.
  • Froil
    Froil
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Please! Some of my male characters would look absolutely fantastic with the female only earrings and circlets!
    "Best" healer PC/NA
  • Mettaricana
    Mettaricana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Please do this men get all the nose rings females got squat, also do the same with haircuts that short young varen haircut zeira she uses it but we cant....
  • AngelaWasp
    AngelaWasp
    ✭✭✭
    YES! I totally agree.
  • gepe87
    gepe87
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I want a flower above my ear <3
    Gepe, Dunmer MagSorc Pact Grand Overlord | Gaepe, Bosmer MagSorc Dominion General

If you see edits on my replies: typos. English isn't my main language
  • Ostacia
    Ostacia
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Absolutely Agree!
    PC/ NA
    Imagination is the real and eternal world of which this vegetable universe is but a faint shadow. -- William Blake
  • Fur_like_snow
    Fur_like_snow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ZOS let us be fabulous. ✨
  • Danikat
    Danikat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Agreed. No need to restrict some accessories to just one gender. Especially for people who bought the pack from the gem store.
    PC EU player | She/her/hers | PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

"Remember in this game we call life that no one said it's fair"
  • StormChaser3000
    StormChaser3000
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just imagine how awesome this will look: a buzzed orc with maxed muscular body type, huge mace... and with a flower above his ear. XD
    Oh, no, wait, add there also a pink nibenese dress.
  • Claudman
    Claudman
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Please!
    And females can also use male adornments. This would be nice, we should have freedom regarding the cosmetics we buy...Afterall, we bought the cosmetics. GW2 allows you to wear anything on anything for example (excluding the racial cultural armor which is earned by playing the game).
    Welcome, Moon-and-Star, to this place where destiny is made.

I play healers or DPS often for vet dungeons and trials (NA, CP810+). I play mostly elves or Argonians.
    I primarily play Damage-Based stuff in PvP, but occasionally I'll play something tanky or got the heals.
    I also love gaining more knowledge both metaphysical and mundane regarding TES lore.

I also occasionally role-play, but I prefer playing the game.
  • Sylvermynx
    Sylvermynx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Claudman wrote: »
    Please!
    And females can also use male adornments. This would be nice, we should have freedom regarding the cosmetics we buy...Afterall, we bought the cosmetics. GW2 allows you to wear anything on anything for example (excluding the racial cultural armor which is earned by playing the game).

Yep. I fully concur. There are things in the male spectrum that would fit on some of my girls.
  • theyancey
    theyancey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Surely this type of sexism was an accident. It runs counter to every thing we see in game. Let us express our (mixed) gender!
  • Oakmontowls_ESO
    Oakmontowls_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This would require them to add beards for women and beast races
  • yodased
    yodased
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They can't sell you more things that way, since they would just be adornments and not gender or race specific.

I doubt its a morality issue, its simple marketing tactics, but hell yes i support this.

You wanna wear a flower you damn well should be able to wear a flower
    Tl;dr really weigh the fun you have in game vs the business practices you are supporting.
  • sadlythebest
    sadlythebest
    ✭✭✭
    All I want for Christmas is to look FABULOUS!
    PC-NA

vMA Flawless/vHRC HM/vAA HM/vSO HM/vMoL HM/vHoF HM/vAS +2/vCR/vBRP/vSS
  • dazee
    dazee
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    500% upvoted for maximum fablous. let's not be sexist to guys.
    Playing your character the way your character should play is all that matters. Play as well as you can but never betray the character. Doing so would make playing an mmoRPG pointless.
  • Katahdin
    Katahdin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There is nothing more hilarous than a fat male orc in a wedding dress
    Beta tester November 2013
  • Recremen
    Recremen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Khajiit needs flowers in the hair, please to consider, many thank.
    Men'Do PC NA AD Khajiit
    Grand High Illustrious Mid-Tier PvP/PvE Bussmunster
  • Grimm13
    Grimm13
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Haquor wrote: »
    Are female and male still genders? I dont even know anymore. All I know is that this post is triggering.

In video games never been, always been to each persons mind as to what they are.
    https://sparkforautism.org/

Season of DraggingOn
    It's your choice on how you vote with your $

PC-NA
  • Grimm13
    Grimm13
    ✭✭✭✭✭

And the problem being? Ever seen Ripley's Believe It or Not?
    https://sparkforautism.org/

Season of DraggingOn
    It's your choice on how you vote with your $

PC-NA
  • Ruckly
    Ruckly
    ✭✭✭✭
    Why don't you write them a letter every day since this forum has thousands of threads and they likely won't notice this.
  • max_only
    max_only
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ironically the lipstick is for both male and female but the piercings are not. It doesn’t make logical sense.

It makes sense that beast race adornments don’t go on humanoid races but the male and female divide on adornments is literally, in-universe, illogical.
    #FiteForYourRite Bosmer = Stealth
    #OppositeResourceSiphoningAttacks
    || CP 1000+ || PC/NA || GUILDS: LWH; IA; CH; XA
    ""All gods' creatures (you lot) are equal when covered in A1 sauce"" -- Old Bosmeri Wisdom
  • Greystag
    Greystag
    ✭✭✭✭
    Please do this men get all the nose rings females got squat, also do the same with haircuts that short young varen haircut zeira she uses it but we cant....
    Wow, I didn't know females could not use nose rings in ESO. Pretty ironic, since 90% of the people who I see wearing one IRL are women. Then yeah, male adornments should be allowed on females too, with the exception of beards.

Adornments shouldn't be shared between Argonians, Khajiit, and humans/mer, because then ZOS would have to alter the "models" of the adornments. I just mean letting both male and female characters use adornments without a sex restriction.

The only thing I agree to not share are beards. Yeah, there are bearded women IRL, but there's no case of them existing in TES universe, that I know of. I'm asking about adornments like jewellery because the ones released on the crown shop are available for both sexes while beards continue to be male-only.
    Khajiit males already have beards, and I don't know whether or not females can grow them too.
    Argonians shouldn't be able to grow them. They have feathers instead of hair, and you don't see non-beast races growing feathers and horns out of their heads.
    Bosmer has race-specific horns too, that shouldn't really be shared, since they're actually natural in ESO lore.
    | PC / EU |
  • FrancisCrawford
    FrancisCrawford
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Agreed. I think if ZoS tested them, a large majority of adornments would work fine on male frames.
  • Greystag
    Greystag
    ✭✭✭✭
    Agreed. I think if ZoS tested them, a large majority of adornments would work fine on male frames.

Yeah, they are already made to fit different female head sizes so I don't see why male heads would be a problem.
    | PC / EU |
  • ApostateHobo
    ApostateHobo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah it's never made sense to me why there's adornments locked behind genders when all the others you can buy work on both aside from beards
  • Ruinhorn
    Ruinhorn
    ✭✭✭✭
    Totally agree

2r43j9d.png
  • DBZVelena
    DBZVelena
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I agree, why let male characters wear dresses but not the jewelry that belongs with it.
    Also, if somebody wants to create a trans character, they should have the option, right?
    What are Natch Potes? Can you eat those?
    I believe in Genie-Gina.
  • Greystag
    Greystag
    ✭✭✭✭
    Ruinhorn wrote: »
    Totally agree

2r43j9d.png

See? These kinds of characters already exist, so it's apparent that ZOS isn't trying to stop people from making them, and allowing males to use base-game female specific adornments (and vice-versa) wouldn't turn everyone into fabulous looking orcs.
    | PC / EU |
  • Ruinhorn
    Ruinhorn
    ✭✭✭✭
    Greystag wrote: »
    Ruinhorn wrote: »
    Totally agree

2r43j9d.png

See? These kinds of characters already exist, so it's apparent that ZOS isn't trying to stop people from making them, and allowing males to use base-game female specific adornments (and vice-versa) wouldn't turn everyone into fabulous looking orcs.

Just kidding, it's not my character :)
    But my male khajiit has an ear-flower I got from free crates months ago, and surprised people are complaining about they can't use it. There're some restrictions between races, yes, but I never met them between genders.
    Edited by Ruinhorn on December 24, 2018 9:03AM