Maintenance for the week of September 16:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – September 16, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) – 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – September 18, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – September 18, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts

ZOS, please let us use "female" adornments on male characters.

• M_Volsung
    M_Volsung
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Alternatively, why can't my Nord female have a proper beard, like any true Nord would?
    "In the Deep Halls, Far from Men;
    Forsaken Red Mountain, Twisted Kin;
    Hail the Mind, Hail the Stone;
    Dwarven Pride, Stronger than Bone"

—Dwemer Inquiries I-III, Thelwe Ghelein
  • Tabbycat
    Tabbycat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I suppose if you need a lore basis for it you could say that Uncle Sheo is up to his old tricks again with the Wabbajack.

This would, of course, necessitate the appearance of angry purple limbs protruding from various places on your body, but hey, is that really much of a sacrifice to look fabulous?
    Founder and Co-GM of The Psijic Order Guild (NA)
    0.016%
  • ZOS_RikardD
    ZOS_RikardD
    admin
    Greetings,

We have had to remove a few post from this thread for being baiting, insulting or for discussing real-life politics.

Please remember to keep comments on-topic and civil.

Thank you for your understanding and please take a moment to review our Community Rules Here.
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
  • Sailor_Palutena
    Sailor_Palutena
    ✭✭✭✭
    I would totally understand males using female addornments if they were skinny, with some fat and somewhat feminine in their looks, but what I see usually are big strong orcs or nords with muscles bigger than their heads and a lot of body hair. What the hell?
  • Greystag
    Greystag
    ✭✭✭✭
    I would totally understand males using female addornments if they were skinny, with some fat and somewhat feminine in their looks, but what I see usually are big strong orcs or nords with muscles bigger than their heads and a lot of body hair. What the hell?

I only see them every now and then, and to be honest I find them hilarious. The thing is that you don't see "proper" characters wearing jewellery because you probably just don't notice it. There are already a lot of "female" adornments available for both sexes, so making the gender locked ones available for all sexes wouldn't alter the current scene. Maybe at least make them available for whoever purchases the adornment pack,to reduce character creation clutter.
    | PC / EU |
    | Aspen Greystag, Khajiit Warden, Frosty boi |
    | Healer, Tank, Damage dealer |
    | CP: 1800 |
    | Guilds: Officer at Meridia's Light |
  • Everstorm
    Everstorm
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Good thing you don't think in stereotypes and stuff.
  • PS4_ZeColmeia
    PS4_ZeColmeia
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Maybe it's just me but I never even look at other characters when I play, especially since we don't have an inspection feature in the radial menu. Therefore IJDAF, so why not?
    PSN: ***___Chan (3 _s)
    Hybrid, All-Role NB
  • Morgha_Kul
    Morgha_Kul
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I never did understand why some items were restricted. I mean, males can wear the dresses, why not the jewelry?
    Exploring Tamriel since 1994.
  • StormChaser3000
    StormChaser3000
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Heh, ZOS always cleans up the posts of people who in their opinion have rather mildly conservative views. Shame on you for suppressing the freedom of speech.

There is nothing wrong that people who come to play medieval themed game don't want to see something that doesn't fit it at all.
    Edited by StormChaser3000 on December 24, 2018 6:46PM
  • ccmedaddy
    ccmedaddy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Heh, ZOS always cleans up the posts of people who in their opinion have rather mildly conservative views. Shame on you for suppressing the freedom of speech.

There is nothing wrong that people who come to play medieval themed game don't want to see something that doesn't fit it at all.
    This post is literally the definition of a snowflake lol

Good luck finding your ~safe space~ from those scary crossdressing videogame characters xD
    Edited by ccmedaddy on December 24, 2018 6:52PM
  • StormChaser3000
    StormChaser3000
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ccmedaddy wrote: »

This post is literally the definition of a snowflake lol

Good luck finding your ~safe space~ from those scary crossdressing videogame characters xD

Wrong. Snowflakes are those who start running to moderators and cry rivers of tears about my posts.

I personally don't stare close to the chars of others in the game and I don't really care. I just don't want their amount to reach the critical point where I actually start paying attention to them that they crave for so much.
  • Ragged_Claw
    Ragged_Claw
    ✭✭✭✭✭

There were talking cats and lizards in medieval times? Wow, you learn something new every day! On the subject of adornments, I'm not sure why they were ever gender-specific when the clothes aren't.
    PC EU & NA
  • Claudman
    Claudman
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Uh...
    ZOS cleans up any post relating to real life politics regardless of which stance someone is. Also I'm laughing at "medieval themed game". TES is a high fantasy, not medieval themed due to the blend of different cultures and advanced cultures like the Clockwork City or Dwemer.
    Welcome, Moon-and-Star, to this place where destiny is made.

I play healers or DPS often for vet dungeons and trials (NA, CP810+). I play mostly elves or Argonians.
    I primarily play Damage-Based stuff in PvP, but occasionally I'll play something tanky or got the heals.
    I also love gaining more knowledge both metaphysical and mundane regarding TES lore.

I also occasionally role-play, but I prefer playing the game.
  • Tigerseye
    Tigerseye
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Recremen wrote: »
    Khajiit needs flowers in the hair, please to consider, many thank.

Khajiits definitely do need flowers.

All big cats should have flowers in their fur:

http://www.gorgeousartgirl.com/fleur-cowles-painter-illustrator-publishing-icon/

I would also really like a tiger mount, with a pale pink flower garland (a bit like a slightly more subtle version of the tiger figurine, shown here). :)

Edited by Tigerseye on December 24, 2018 7:32PM
  • Greystag
    Greystag
    ✭✭✭✭

Try to keep the conversation on-topic, please. A fantasy game set in a made up universe isn't really the best place to look for outdated gender stereotypes.
    Maybe it's just me but I never even look at other characters when I play, especially since we don't have an inspection feature in the radial menu. Therefore IJDAF, so why not?

I've always felt weird about inspection features. They feel a little bit intrusive. Maybe they should let us disable it if they were to implement it.

I like to look at other characters and see their outfits. A lot of times they look like crap (to each their own) but some people have cool combinations.

Edited by Greystag on December 24, 2018 7:42PM
    | PC / EU |
  • StormChaser3000
    StormChaser3000
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Ragged_Claw
    It is a fantasy, but it has a strong medieval theme. It's been in all series and many people love it for that. Why do you play ESO and not Tera for example? I, for example absolutely dislike Tera's art style.

Can you imagine if there will be pink unicorns everywhere with bearded female riders?

@Claudman
    See above. Also, different cultures have been already described in the ESO lore. Whatever is going on in this thread is something foreign.
    Edited by StormChaser3000 on December 24, 2018 7:44PM
  • Claudman
    Claudman
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Ragged_Claw
    It is a fantasy, but it has a strong medieval theme. It's been in all series and many people love it for that. Why do you play ESO and not Tera for example? I, for example absolutely dislike Tera's art style.

Can you imagine if there will be pink unicorns everywhere with bearded female riders?

Only the Nords and Bretons have a Medieval theme. How are the elves Medieval themed or the Khajiit? Redguards? The Argonians? Clockwork City? Etc.
    The Clockwork City especially is far from Medieval, I don't recall there being Automatons during medieval times. You're using the term, but I don't think you know what it means. Fantasy =/= Automatically Medieval, especially when there are elements of the time of the Renaissance or Victorian.
    Welcome, Moon-and-Star, to this place where destiny is made.

I play healers or DPS often for vet dungeons and trials (NA, CP810+). I play mostly elves or Argonians.
    I primarily play Damage-Based stuff in PvP, but occasionally I'll play something tanky or got the heals.
    I also love gaining more knowledge both metaphysical and mundane regarding TES lore.

I also occasionally role-play, but I prefer playing the game.
  • Ragged_Claw
    Ragged_Claw
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Ragged_Claw

I see your point, but we already have sparkly ponies and huge orcs in wedding-dresses, and to be fair jewellery is less visible. I don't think the OP meant beards etc, just the adornments like circlets/ear-rings etc. I'm more put off by all the bizarre and gaudy crown-crate mounts to be honest. Some of those are ridiculous.
    PC EU & NA
  • StormChaser3000
    StormChaser3000
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Ragged_Claw

I see your point, but we already have sparkly ponies and huge orcs in wedding-dresses, and to be fair jewellery is less visible. I don't think the OP meant beards etc, just the adornments like circlets/ear-rings etc. I'm more put off by all the bizarre and gaudy crown-crate mounts to be honest. Some of those are ridiculous.

Well, if it is only about adornments that technically only owner will see, it's fine. I was imagining a hordes of bearded women lol

Well, those orc are rare, and so far cause me only to smile. But, again, it's because those are rare. If there were hordes, that would become somewhat annoying eventually.
    Edited by StormChaser3000 on December 24, 2018 7:50PM
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you pay for it, you should be able to use it.
    Gamer tag: DasPanzerKat NA Xbox One
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • Greystag
    Greystag
    ✭✭✭✭
    @Ragged_Claw

This. I even made a comment against adding beards for females. I mean things like circlets and earrings indeed.
    | PC / EU |
  • Ragged_Claw
    Ragged_Claw
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    That's not to say I wouldn't give my high-elf lady a nice bushy beard if one was available... :trollface:
    PC EU & NA
  • StormChaser3000
    StormChaser3000
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Greystag wrote: »
    @Ragged_Claw

This. I even made a comment against adding beards for females. I mean things like circlets and earrings indeed.

It's ok then.
    Peace with you and Happy Holidays :)
    Edited by StormChaser3000 on December 24, 2018 7:55PM
  • Greystag
    Greystag
    ✭✭✭✭

Well, if it is only about adornments that technically only owner will see, it's fine. I was imagining a hordes of bearded women lol

Well, those orc are rare, and so far cause me only to smile. But, again, it's because those are rare. If there were hordes, that would become somewhat annoying eventually.

I wouldn't really enjoy that either, but how many people would run around as bearded women? Maybe a group of friends for the lulz, but the joke would die quick. We already have burly orcs wearing bright pink dresses and makeup, and they are pretty rare (like you stated). I bet bearded ladies would be even rarer.
    I'm much more bothered by the large amount of people using pink and green dyes on their armour to be honest.

Edit: The bright red swords pre-outfit system. Never forgetti.
    It's ok then.
    Peace with you and Happy Holidays :)
    Happy holidays to you too.

Edited by Greystag on December 24, 2018 8:00PM
    | PC / EU |
  • Recremen
    Recremen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    H

LOL if you're looking for a "medieval themed game" then you've come to the wrong place. The TES universe is its own unique fantasy setting with no real-world cognate. Just because people are using swords and bows doesn't mean that this is some run-of-the-mill western european knockoff alternative history.
    Men'Do PC NA AD Khajiit
    Grand High Illustrious Mid-Tier PvP/PvE Bussmunster
  • Wildberryjack
    Wildberryjack
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It irks me that my males can't wear so many of the flowers or jewelry. I mean why not? What is the big deal? Can you change this please ZOS? TY.
    The purpose of art is washing the dust of daily life off our souls. ~Pablo Picasso
  • StormChaser3000
    StormChaser3000
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    H

LOL if you're looking for a "medieval themed game" then you've come to the wrong place. The TES universe is its own unique fantasy setting with no real-world cognate. Just because people are using swords and bows doesn't mean that this is some run-of-the-mill western european knockoff alternative history.

I can also say that if you are looking for pink unicorns this is game is not for you.
    Whatever you say, it's a medieval themed fantasy game.

Edit: also you clearly don't see the difference between medieval and medieval themed.
    Edited by StormChaser3000 on December 24, 2018 8:27PM
  • Morgha_Kul
    Morgha_Kul
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't know if the game has a medieval "theme," particularly, but it does use medieval technology (ie. swords, armour, etc.) The cultural stereotypes of OUR world are almost universally different than we see in Tamriel. Even cultures where the connection is closer (eg. Bretons, Nords, Redguards) are not entirely like we saw in our own history. For example, we see a near total equality between men and women as warriors. In a "true" medieval setting, there would be NO female warriors. Women would be relegated to staying home and having children. Not really the most exciting gameplay.

Here, we have same sex marriages and relationships, we have equality of gender (though not race, depending on the particular races involved, such as Dunmer/Argonians, where there was a history of slavery, or with certain older races who have a sense of superiority, as with Altmer or Dunmer).

I guess what I'm saying is, the only thing medieval about the game is the technology, not the culture. As such, I see nothing wrong with male characters wearing dresses and earrings if they choose to... just as there's nothing wrong with female characters wearing armour and going into battle if they choose to.
    Exploring Tamriel since 1994.
  • Aliyavana
    Aliyavana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    M_Volsung wrote: »
    Alternatively, why can't my Nord female have a proper beard, like any true Nord would?

nty
  • Androconium
    Androconium
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tigerseye wrote: »
    Khajiit needs flowers in the hair, please to consider, many thank.

Khajiits definitely do need flowers.

All big cats should have flowers in their fur:

http://www.gorgeousartgirl.com/fleur-cowles-painter-illustrator-publishing-icon/

I would also really like a tiger mount, with a pale pink flower garland (a bit like a slightly more subtle version of the tiger figurine, shown here). :)

No. What you want is a tiger mount with the OPTION of pink flower garlands, on your female tiger.