Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 16:
· [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – September 18, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
· [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – September 18, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

The worst mount in the game?

• Acrolas
    Acrolas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    this has been so awfull yes, especially because of the combination of senche and draugr....which breaks lore so much.

something something your right doesnt make it their wrong something something

"What were Senche-Tiger Mounts doing in ancient Skyrim, and why were their half-frozen bodies mummified beside the Draugr in certain dark Nord catacombs? And why are they rising now, imbued with animating frost magic? The answers are as yet unknown."
    signing off
  • Sheezabeast
    Sheezabeast
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Frost Draugr Senche mount. It looks like a dead cat someone pulled out of their freezer.

e290c56270163643779e61281d73fd10.jpg?resize=1152%2C648&ssl=1

how could i forget. omfg. this has been so awfull yes, especially because of the combination of senche and draugr....which breaks lore so much.

Well to be completely fair, there are Draugr Wolves in Eastmarch, but they look like normal wolves :|
    Grand Master Crafter, Beta baby who grew with the game. PC/NA. @Sheezabeast if you have crafting needs!
  • Danikat
    Danikat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I like the senche, wolf and bear lizard mounts. Some of them were in the Murkmire preview video and the only reactions I saw were positive - it was only after it became clear they were crown crate apex mounts and therefore reskins of the existing ones that I saw people complaining. Admittedly it would be better if they had a unique model, but I still like the way they look.

My least favourite are probably the fire atronach mounts which don't look like fire or lava depicted anywhere else in game (someone called them grilled cheese mounts and not I cannot see them as anything else) and IMO just look silly. Even with the explanation that the atronach mounts are created by teenage mages applying illusions to show off they still look out of place to me. Same with the skeletal mounts, but at least they look like actual skeletons.

Overall I prefer the ones which look like real animals - even with reskinned frames - over the obviously magical constructs.
    PC EU player | She/her/hers | PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

"Remember in this game we call life that no one said it's fair"
  • Dont_do_drugs
    Dont_do_drugs
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Frost Draugr Senche mount. It looks like a dead cat someone pulled out of their freezer.

how could i forget. omfg. this has been so awfull yes, especially because of the combination of senche and draugr....which breaks lore so much.

Well to be completely fair, there are Draugr Wolves in Eastmarch, but they look like normal wolves :|

draug and wolves is fine. but senche are senche are from valenwood/elsweyr and distant relatives to the khajiit. they have nothing to do in skyrim.

Get Stuff like this (but not this stuff)

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

"I have too admit. People leading trade guilds in this game are quite stupid. Not stupid like fools, but stupid like leaders.
    They can only bla-bla and waste gold on feeding their ego. I am disappointed."

Egal, wie gut du Schach spielst, die Taube wird alle Figuren umwerfen, auf das Brett kacken und herumstolzieren, als hätte sie gewonnen.

Arkadius Trade Tools
    Modular framework, now open for authors who want to add own tabs.

My Donation (Arkadius' Trade Tools Addon)
    First external ATT tab contribution.

Port to Friend's House Addon
    Check out the new Port to Friend's House library and port to contributers houses:
    Deutsch | English

• Feanor
    Feanor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

draug and wolves is fine. but senche are senche are from valenwood/elsweyr and distant relatives to the khajiit. they have nothing to do in skyrim.

Maybe they were playing Skyrim too and thought let’s play ESO as it’s Skyrim with friends? ;)

Main characters: Feanor the Believer - AD Altmer mSorc - AR 46 - Flawless Conqueror (PC EU)Idril Arnanor - AD Altmer mSorc - CP 217 - Stormproof (PC NA)Other characters:
    Necrophilius Killgood - DC Imperial NecromancerFearscales - AD Argonian Templar - Stormproof (healer)Draco Imperialis - AD Imperial DK (tank)Cabed Naearamarth - AD Dunmer mDKValirion Willowthorne - AD Bosmer stamBladeTuruna - AD Altmer magBladeKheled Zaram - AD Redguard stamDKKibil Nala - AD Redguard stamSorc - StormproofYavanna Kémentárí - AD Breton magWardenAzog gro-Ghâsh - EP Orc stamWardenVidar Drakenblød - DC Nord mDKMarquis de Peyrac - DC Breton mSorc - StormproofRawlith Khaj'ra - AD Khajiit stamWardenTu'waccah - AD Redguard Stamplar
    All chars 50 @ CP 1700+. Playing and enjoying PvP with RdK mostly on PC EU.
  • coop500
    coop500
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    None, they appeal to people in different ways.
    Wishing for Lilmothiit race still! Or maybe Lilmothiit companion?
  • xievis21ub17_ESO
    xievis21ub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    I hate horses in any MMO, even more so if it is in a fantasy game like this with a million other possibilities. The fact you cant get anything than a horse mount in this game makes me hate them even more. Makes me miss Vanguard, where each race had these cool unique mounts for each. Depending on their local creatures. Most regions don't even have horses to them, yet low and behold, it is the only option. Makes me cringe.

Love, LOVE, the new lizard skinned mounts, they look so detailed. Just wish I could afford to toss money at the crates to try and get one. The bear one was really cute.

• Mintaka5
    Mintaka5
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    PvPing in Cyrodiil last nite and a lizard camel rode past me on the way to Dragonclaw, and my knee-jerk reaction was
    WTF WAS THAT? IT'S...SO...UGLY!
  • Acrolas
    Acrolas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The Shellback is the only mount that personally worries me, as there are just so many more chances to impale yourself on your own horse armor.
    signing off
  • Sapphire_Lily
    Sapphire_Lily
    ✭✭✭
    I don't dislike mounts on aesthetics but the strident summoning/mounting sound of a black senche with red embellishments is just intrusive. It's either the shadow-rider or scarlet regret, the obnoxious PpphhhBBBBrrWwwwEeetttt is enough to hate it. :(
  • f047ys3v3n
    f047ys3v3n
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's the rotting horse with the skin falling off from year two. Gross. Who would want to ride that. You would end up with sticky smelling discharge between your legs.
    I am mostly pleased with the current state of ESO. Please do continue to ban cheaters though and you guys have to find out who is duping gold and how because the economy is currently non-functional.
  • Claudman
    Claudman
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Literally any of the fancy glowing mounts. They're like beacons in PvP, stop using them if you don't want to be seen from miles away.
    Welcome, Moon-and-Star, to this place where destiny is made.

I play healers or DPS often for vet dungeons and trials (NA, CP810+). I play mostly elves or Argonians.
    I primarily play Damage-Based stuff in PvP, but occasionally I'll play something tanky or got the heals.
    I also love gaining more knowledge both metaphysical and mundane regarding TES lore.

I also occasionally role-play, but I prefer playing the game.
  • Number_51
    Number_51
    ✭✭✭✭✭

The senche that we ride or keep as pets are not one of the breeds of sentient Khajiit (Senche and Senche-raht). The word 'senche' can be thought of as a generic term like 'cat'. You can call a lion a cat or a house-cat a cat; or like 'ape' which can be applied to humans, gorillas, chimps, etc.

The official word from our Loremaster:
    OFFICIAL ANSWER: Moon Bishop Hulan says, “Many hairless ones are confused by the term ‘senche,’ since we Khajiit use it to mean a variety of things. It is used as ‘senche’ and ‘senche-raht’ to refer to two of the seventeen distinct furstocks, or ‘breeds,’ of Khajiit. The senche-raht, in fact, are the largest of us! But we also use the term ‘senche-tiger’ to refer to our more catlike cousins of lesser sentience. Indeed, depending upon the appearance of these cousins, we might even call them ‘senche-leopards’ or ‘senche-panthers.’ So you see that the term ‘senche’ is very flexible indeed, as changeable as the Moons.”

ETA: Sorry, way OT. The camel-lizard is, in my opinion, by far the worst.

Edited by Number_51 on December 11, 2018 8:24PM
  • Odovacar
    Odovacar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Call me crazy but any Guar I feel just looks, well...stupid IMO.
  • Feric51
    Feric51
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dat Dwemer wheelchairs on legs.

Chroma-Blue-Dwarven-Spider-Upgraded.jpg?resize=442%2C478&ssl=1latest?cb=20130716165802&path-prefix=de

loveless.jpg?quality=90&strip=all&strip=all
    Feric51
    Xbox NA

Darkness Falls: The Crusade survivor (you young kids will never know the struggle of text-based games)

• Dont_do_drugs
    Dont_do_drugs
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The official word from our Loremaster:

did he write for elder scrolls before :online ? if not, then i dont care. eso has been breaking its own lore from the beginning (imperial edition, argonian maid book written in the time of morrowind, irlav jarols book which has been written in the time of oblivion), finding weird excuses for it all the time. as long as some kids buy that blingbling mounts zos gives 0f on lore.

Get Stuff like this (but not this stuff)

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

"I have too admit. People leading trade guilds in this game are quite stupid. Not stupid like fools, but stupid like leaders.
    They can only bla-bla and waste gold on feeding their ego. I am disappointed."

Egal, wie gut du Schach spielst, die Taube wird alle Figuren umwerfen, auf das Brett kacken und herumstolzieren, als hätte sie gewonnen.

Arkadius Trade Tools
    Modular framework, now open for authors who want to add own tabs.

My Donation (Arkadius' Trade Tools Addon)
    First external ATT tab contribution.

Port to Friend's House Addon
    Check out the new Port to Friend's House library and port to contributers houses:
    Deutsch | English

• Ruckly
    Ruckly
    ✭✭✭✭
    I like the lizard mounts :/ . I don't have one but the people riding one look more distinguished than they do on any other mount. The flashy fire mounts or ice mounts are par for the course in this game. I don't really say "wow look at that mount" rather it's another generic part of cyrodill. Worst mount default horse. Based on what I've heard bear is worse that's why I never got one can't comment on it.
  • Mudcrabber
    Mudcrabber
    ✭✭✭✭
    The Dwarven Bear reminds me too much of the Dwarven armor in Oblivion, and the intense weight of dwarven scrap metal in Skyrim, which makes it the first that comes to mind when I think of the worst.

My favorite are the Highland Wolf and the Great Elk.
    Edited by Mudcrabber on December 11, 2018 9:21PM
  • Nord_Raseri
    Nord_Raseri
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    the bear mounts could have been my favorite but the animation during riding is the worst. so I stick with my frostbane horse.
    Veit ég aðég hékk vindga meiði á nætr allar níu, geiri undaðr og gefinn Oðni, sjálfr sjálfum mér, á þeim meiði er manngi veit hvers hann af rótum rennr.
  • Hoolielulu
    Hoolielulu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    kringled_1 wrote: »
    I really don't like the skeletal mounts. I have two (free crates) and I won't use them. They nailed the esthetic I think they were going after, roadkill carcass with about a week in the sun. I just see that and it brings up the associated memories of the stench, and all in all I'd rather use something else.

Yeah I have one from a free crate and it's so painfully ugly I can't even bear to use it over Halloween. I wish I could erase it from my collection.
  • PrayingSeraph
    PrayingSeraph
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wow I'm surprised by the hate of the lizard apex mounts. I thought they would be the most popular apex mount series by far...

My least favorite mounts are the dwemer walking toilets.

Anyone who disses on the nix-ox aint my friend. DONT DISS THE GIANT FLEA!!!!
  • Sylvermynx
    Sylvermynx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bears. I really wanted the bear mount to be perfect for my wardens....

Ain't hap'nin.
  • ProfessorKittyhawk
    ProfessorKittyhawk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The dwemer spider mounts are amazing. The people complaining are just jealous they can't void their bowels while on the move.

I must echo my dislike for the lizard mounts. The radiant apex ones looks cool. Not so for the regular apex ones. They look like the old Budweiser frogs from the old commercials in the 90s were exposed to radioactive waste.

And in regards to what is or isn't lore breaking/accurate, this game is owned by the people who own Bethesda. As such lore can be rewritten and revised as they see fit. In a series where dragon breaks can cause ripples and splinters in time, the accuracy of mounts shouldn't be that surprising concerning.
    Edited by ProfessorKittyhawk on December 12, 2018 3:10AM
  • Siohwenoeht
    Siohwenoeht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    latest?cb=20180502140346

latest?cb=20171102172641

flame-atronach-camel-mount.jpg

cd090928b44933c05401d412fc117494.jpg

3d1bf2c2311a44ccda6895cad15f26d7.jpg

5cedd34be8b56a06f5e97611fca00520.jpg

475398f0bcc37c8ead3688554a9fa201.jpg

6ef62fb15fb496d83d1849d85ec353c7.jpg

45c3066a6eaeb290fd1e00b4998d16d7.jpg

I may need that atronach camel... But to OP I imagine there are as many answers as players!
    "It is a lovely language, but it takes a very long time saying anything in it, because we do not say anything in it, unless it is worth taking a long time to say, and to listen to." - Treebeard
  • MartiniDaniels
    MartiniDaniels
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wow I'm surprised by the hate of the lizard apex mounts. I thought they would be the most popular apex mount series by far...

My least favorite mounts are the dwemer walking toilets.

Well, it's obvious since free crates were removed and i guess there is little chance that a lot of people had 400+ gems from free crates. So - can't have = hate :)
  • Enemoriana
    Enemoriana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Camel.
    All camels.
    PC EU, @Enemoriana. Ru.
    Houses: Erstwhile Sanctuary as actual Dark Brotherhood Sanctuary, Hunter's Glade as werewolf tavern (downstairs), Strident Springs Demesne as adventurer's house.
    Wishlist: ascension to the ruby throne music box, atronach trader, aetherial well, attunable stations (have 14/80 sets collected), molten war torte and white gold war torte recipes.
  • Darkhorse1975
    Darkhorse1975
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Agreed! And you definitely dont want to dis on Flea driving a giant flea!

9zFW.gif
    Edited by Darkhorse1975 on December 12, 2018 7:18AM
    Master Craftsman!
  • gepe87
    gepe87
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Camels. I dislike them and I got a dwemer, lizard, flame, black and normal camel. Why most of time we get mounts that we dont like? :(
    Gepe, Dunmer MagSorc Pact Grand Overlord | Gaepe, Bosmer MagSorc Dominion General

If you see edits on my replies: typos. English isn't my main language
  • Minyassa
    Minyassa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    gepe87 wrote: »
    Camels. I dislike them and I got a dwemer, lizard, flame, black and normal camel. Why most of time we get mounts that we dont like? :(

Omg, I feel you. I loathe bears and that's the only apex mount I've ever gotten from a crate. It's because the RNG is a sadistic ***.
  • Reistr_the_Unbroken
    Reistr_the_Unbroken
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bears, mainly because my main looks like he’s falling off every time it moves