Maintenance for the week of September 16:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – September 16, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) – 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – September 18, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – September 18, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts

The worst mount in the game?

ThePlayer
ThePlayer
✭✭✭✭
For me the new lizard "apex" mounts of 400 gems would be better to sell them to 100 gems, only the radiant apex mounts lizard are worth 400 gems for me.
Even the Hallowen mounts are quite ugly, you carry the pumpkin all year around.
  • ezio45
    ezio45
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    any of the new lizard mounts
  • mxxo
    mxxo
    ✭✭✭✭
    Ye its a shame that only radiant apex mounts are nice. I can´t imagine that this is a good move for the game.
  • Everstorm
    Everstorm
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Any of the disco mounts.
  • Dont_do_drugs
    Dont_do_drugs
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    latest?cb=20180502140346

latest?cb=20171102172641

flame-atronach-camel-mount.jpg

cd090928b44933c05401d412fc117494.jpg

3d1bf2c2311a44ccda6895cad15f26d7.jpg

5cedd34be8b56a06f5e97611fca00520.jpg

475398f0bcc37c8ead3688554a9fa201.jpg

6ef62fb15fb496d83d1849d85ec353c7.jpg

45c3066a6eaeb290fd1e00b4998d16d7.jpg

Get Stuff like this (but not this stuff)

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

"I have too admit. People leading trade guilds in this game are quite stupid. Not stupid like fools, but stupid like leaders.
    They can only bla-bla and waste gold on feeding their ego. I am disappointed."

Egal, wie gut du Schach spielst, die Taube wird alle Figuren umwerfen, auf das Brett kacken und herumstolzieren, als hätte sie gewonnen.

Arkadius Trade Tools
    Modular framework, now open for authors who want to add own tabs.

My Donation (Arkadius' Trade Tools Addon)
    First external ATT tab contribution.

Port to Friend's House Addon
    Check out the new Port to Friend's House library and port to contributers houses:
    Deutsch | English

• tactx
    tactx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    While I can appreciate not wanting a pumpkin all the time or riding a lizard hybrid, I actually like both of the mounts you dislike OP. I think the direction they're going is great in terms of modifications.

The Hollowjack modifies your character by removing the head and adding an effect. The first mount to do that.

The Xanmeer mounts with upgrades (stamina, speed, etc.) Instead of it adding the typical ankles and faceplate they get different horns and fins. The first mount to do that as well.

Also both mounts have very high detail textures. So I think those are pretty neat.

Edit: To answer the thread title question, I have to say the dwarven horse, camel, etc. The textures are all very blurry up close. They need updated.

Edited by tactx on December 11, 2018 1:28PM
    “No one's happiness but my own is in my power to achieve or to destroy.” - John Galt, Atlas Shrugged
  • BoraxFlux
    BoraxFlux
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Everstorm wrote: »
    Any of the disco mounts.

Pretty handy in Cyrodil though, you can spot them from a mile away.

Ugliest is probably the new type warhorse, it looks like the new skinny type of horse was expanded on the south and east axis.(Crown Store).
    The armor on the Wolfhunter horse is a good contender too.

All horses have broken front legs with the 'feet inversion' on (game settings), that is a winner.

Edited by BoraxFlux on December 11, 2018 1:34PM
  • weedgenius
    weedgenius
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    That stupid Dwemer spider. Uuuugghhhhhhhhhhhh
    PS4 NA
    Better Homes & Gardens
  • DeadlyRecluse
    DeadlyRecluse
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    The nix ox. Ugly as sin.

...I like the new lizard guar, but that's the one that makes the most sense and is least novel. Oddly, I think the lizard camel looks okay, too, if you don't think of it as a camel at all.
    Thrice Empress, Forever Scrub
  • Waldar
    Waldar
    ✭✭✭
    Generally all the green woody mounts - they make an annoying click when you ride em, apart from that any of the bears - no one who has had issues with their back can watch their poor character try to stay on the back of one of these.

But for looks - yeah with you on the nix ox
  • Minyassa
    Minyassa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Any bear. Vomit machines, pretty much. They make the camel's gait look like a hovercraft.

Also they are ugly because they're bears.
  • TelvanniWizard
    TelvanniWizard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    The lizard mounts are horrid. Only the guar makes some little sense. The rest are lore´s nighmare.
  • MornaBaine
    MornaBaine
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sadly, horses are the worst. They are so poorly done with no sense of actual anatomy and they just look rough and unpolished next to all the crazy mounts. This galls me as I really don't LIKE all the other mounts and deeply wish horses looked as good as, say, the elk mount. Instead, they look like something designed by a grade schooler who had never actually seen a horse in their entire young life.
    PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

• Kanar
    Kanar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dwemer toilets.
  • Salvas_Aren
    Salvas_Aren
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Dat Dwemer wheelchairs on legs.

Chroma-Blue-Dwarven-Spider-Upgraded.jpg?resize=442%2C478&ssl=1latest?cb=20130716165802&path-prefix=de
  • ForMalacath
    ForMalacath
    ✭✭✭
    The nix ox. Ugly as sin.

...I like the new lizard guar, but that's the one that makes the most sense and is least novel. Oddly, I think the lizard camel looks okay, too, if you don't think of it as a camel at all.

I bought 4 crates and got the Lizard Guar and I adore it! probably one of my fave mounts thus far

I do have a thing for Guars though :)
    In Malacath we trust

XB1 EU
  • Haashhtaag
    Haashhtaag
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Any form of camels.
  • therift
    therift
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Worst mount in the game?

Each and every Apex Mount.

Because of the ridiculous amount of money spent on Crown Crates to obtain them.
  • whitecrow
    whitecrow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    The Dwemer spider looks goofy and the nix-ox is just yuck.
  • DeadlyRecluse
    DeadlyRecluse
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    The nix ox. Ugly as sin.

I bought 4 crates and got the Lizard Guar and I adore it! probably one of my fave mounts thus far

I do have a thing for Guars though :)

I am also a guar lover! They jump higher, after all...

It will be hard for them to top the skeletal guar for me, though. I named him Dinosaur Jr.
    Thrice Empress, Forever Scrub
  • kringled_1
    kringled_1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I really don't like the skeletal mounts. I have two (free crates) and I won't use them. They nailed the esthetic I think they were going after, roadkill carcass with about a week in the sun. I just see that and it brings up the associated memories of the stench, and all in all I'd rather use something else.
  • mocap
    mocap
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    subjective and personal taste
  • DaveMoeDee
    DaveMoeDee
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Not a fan of all the Pig Pen mounts with the stink clouds around them. When it comes to particle effects, less is more.

I find it funny that the berries make the Indrik mount look worse.
  • Dymence
    Dymence
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The new lizard mounts from the crates are actually insanely detailed, moreso than most other older mounts including their VFX.
  • Easily_Lost
    Easily_Lost
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Minyassa wrote: »
    Any bear. Vomit machines, pretty much. They make the camel's gait look like a hovercraft.

^^ THIS ^^

And
    Haashhtaag wrote: »
    Any form of camels.

^^ THIS ^^
    PC - NA - AD
    started April 2015
    PVE & Solo only

Meet the LOST family: CP 1250+
    Easily Lost Crafter - lvl 50 - Sorcerer Orc ( knows all traits and most styles )
    Easily Lost-W - lvl 50 - Warden Imperial
    Forever Lost - lvl 50 Sorcerer

CROWN CRATES: It doesn't affect gameplay, it's not mandatory, it's cosmetic only. If it helps to support the game and ZOS, I support it! Say YES to crown crates.
  • phileunderx2
    phileunderx2
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The horse mounts in this game are terrible. They are the poster children of how horses are not supposed to look for anyone who knows anything about horses.
  • Kanar
    Kanar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dwemer toilets.
    Minyassa wrote: »

^^ THIS ^^

And
    Haashhtaag wrote: »
    Any form of camels.

^^ THIS ^^

I would add all the wolves, cats and dwemer too :smiley:

Horses and Guar should be the only options.
  • Mayrael
    Mayrael
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Everstorm wrote: »
    Any of the disco mounts.

LOVE THIS :D disco mounts :D though I have few of them I mostly use the ones without any shiny effects, these are more immersive and in line with my outfits :)
    Say no to Toxic Casuals!
    I am doing my best, but I am not a native speaker, sorry.

"Difficulty scaling is desperately needed. 9 years. 6 paid expansions. 24 DLCs. 40 game changing updates including A Realm Reborn-tier overhaul of the game including a permanent CP160 gear cap and ridiculous power creep thereafter. I'm sick and tired of hearing about Cadwell Silver&Gold as a "you think you do but you don't"-tier deflection to any criticism regarding the lack of overland difficulty in the game." - @AlexanderDeLarge
  • Sheezabeast
    Sheezabeast
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Frost Draugr Senche mount. It looks like a dead cat someone pulled out of their freezer.

e290c56270163643779e61281d73fd10.jpg?resize=1152%2C648&ssl=1

Grand Master Crafter, Beta baby who grew with the game. PC/NA. @Sheezabeast if you have crafting needs!
  • Riverlynn
    Riverlynn
    ✭✭✭✭

This is entirely subjective - each person here has their own idea what will constitute a good or bad mount.

That being said, all the new lizard mounts should be destroyed by fire, obviously. ;)
    My accountant told me to invest my money in bonds. So I bought 100 copies of Goldfinger.

Unicorns and cannonballs, palaces and piers
    Trumpets, towers and tenements, wide oceans full of tears.
    Flags, rags ferryboats, scimitars and scarves
    Every precious dream and vision, underneath the stars.
  • Dont_do_drugs
    Dont_do_drugs
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Frost Draugr Senche mount. It looks like a dead cat someone pulled out of their freezer.

e290c56270163643779e61281d73fd10.jpg?resize=1152%2C648&ssl=1

how could i forget. omfg. this has been so awfull yes, especially because of the combination of senche and draugr....which breaks lore so much.

Get Stuff like this (but not this stuff)

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

"I have too admit. People leading trade guilds in this game are quite stupid. Not stupid like fools, but stupid like leaders.
    They can only bla-bla and waste gold on feeding their ego. I am disappointed."

Egal, wie gut du Schach spielst, die Taube wird alle Figuren umwerfen, auf das Brett kacken und herumstolzieren, als hätte sie gewonnen.

Arkadius Trade Tools
    Modular framework, now open for authors who want to add own tabs.

My Donation (Arkadius' Trade Tools Addon)
    First external ATT tab contribution.

Port to Friend's House Addon
    Check out the new Port to Friend's House library and port to contributers houses:
    Deutsch | English