The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC)

Random Dungeon: Is tp to another dungeon (eg: Fungal Grotto) an exploit/cheat?

Derbforgaill
Derbforgaill
✭✭✭
I don't normally do random dungeons, so idk if this is what people do normally, but to me, it seems like cheating.

Twice today, while queueing for the random dungeon in order to complete the event, as soon as we got a dungeon people started porting to Fungal Grotto. When I enquired about it they said it was faster. To me, that seems like an exploit/cheat. In one I was kicked for refusing to teleport to their desired dungeon, and in the second one, I left myself. I ended up grouping with guildmates to avoid this happening a third time.

Do you all do this? Is this normal, or something that people have started doing because of the event?

eimphy.png
5pjzmb.png
  • Protossyder
    Protossyder
    ✭✭✭✭
    overcome.jpg
    Characters worth mentioning:
    Daedrós - Magicka DK - Altmer - PvE & PvP - Emperor - IR - GH - TTT
    Dragybor - Stamblade - Redguard - PvE (first char)
    Yondaime Raikage - Stamsorc - Redguard - PvP
    Zerg Overmind - Magblade - Altmer - PvE - GH
    Yenari - Magsorc - Altmer - PvE - Flawless Conqueror
    Devoured-his-siblings - DK Tank - Argonian - PvE - Unchained
    Valkyrja Valhalla - StamDK - Redguard - PvE
    Hyperion der Obere - Magplar - Altmer - PvE
    Affa al'Dschinni - Stamplar - Orc - PvP
    Enjoys-the-slaughter - Templar Healer - Argonian - PvE
    Hades Adamastos - Stamcro - Orc - PvE
    Khaba the Cruel - Magsorc- Altmer - PvP
    Hekate Ourania - Magcro - Atlmer - PvE - TTT
    Arenas: vDSA (~46k) - vMA (~586k)
    Trials: vAA hm - vHRC hm - vSO hm - vMoL hm (~161k) - vHoF hm (~218k) - vAS+2 (~114k) - vCR+3 - vSS hm - vKA hm

PC - EU
  • John_Falstaff
    John_Falstaff
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Yes, formally speaking, it is an exploit. People are abusing the fact that although they queued up for a random dungeon (and so agreed to run the dungeon the finder gave them), it's sufficient to manually teleport and clear any dungeon to make the finder think they've cleared the random and award them their rewards.

It's just greed. People are rabidly running as many character as they can - since award is per day per character - trying to get motifs, pets, mounts...
  • YamiKuruku
    YamiKuruku
    ✭✭✭✭
    yep. not working as intended
    -{ PC EU }-
    CP 810+
    x Khazadaar > lvl50 EP | Khajiit magblade | Main&Master Crafter | Bloodletter
    x Mazayee-Kajthux > lvl 50 EP | Argonian Warden Healer | Godslayer
    x Margaux the Undying > lvl50 DC | Breton Templar Healer | Tick-Tock Tormentor
    x Fendryn Olms >lvl 50 EP | Dunmer Necro Healer | Gryphon Heart
    xCassius Pavo > lvl50 EP | Imperial Necrotank | Bringer of Light
    x Haj Xal >lvl50 EP | Argonian Healblade | Immortal Redeemer
    x Caessia>lvl 50EP | Imperial Warden Tank | Bringer of Light
    x Andre Valere >lvl 50 AD | Breton SorcTank | Gryphon Heart
    x S'zhan'ir >lvl 50 EP | Khajiit StamDen| Alpha Predator
    x Ri'zaad Sajhan >lvl 50 EP | Khajiit DKTank | extinguisher of flames
    x Mi'ra-Do>lvl 50EP | Khajiit magPlar | Divayth Fyr's Coadjutor
    x Minwe Elsinor>lvl 50EP | Altmer MagDen | Dovahkriid
    x Velen Dres > lvl50 EP | Dunmer Magcro | Voice of Reason
    x Perathea > lvl50 AD | Argonian MagDK
    x Myvth >lvl 50 EP | Dunmer StamDK | Plague of Peryite
    x Nephaal Telvanni > lvl50 EP | dunmer MagSorc | Voice of Reason
    x Ko'haana > lvl50 AD | Khajiit Magsorc
    x Zasha gra-Lashk > lvl50 EP | Orc Stamcro
  • THE_BIG_BOSS
    THE_BIG_BOSS
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ITS an exploit and everyone abusing it should be banned

ITS RANDOM Dungeon Not fungal 1
  • Ratzkifal
    Ratzkifal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Then again it's a nice feature in case you get a DLC dungeon. (Sometimes people queue for random vet afterall)

"Legally" still an exploit nontheless.
    This Bosmer was tortured to death. There is nothing left to be done.
  • AcadianPaladin
    AcadianPaladin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It is inspired by the current event - folks who want to get the mystery boxes but would otherwise never do 'randoms' because they are not interested in possibly ending up in a DLC dungeon with the attendant frustration and time that pugging one can bring.

Is it an exploit? I'd submit yes because it is taking the random out of random. On the other hand, folks have been asking for an option (short of cancelling ESO+) to provide an option to exclude DLC dungeons from randoms for those not up for the DLC ones.

Is it against the rules or actionable by ZoS. At this point I would submit that ZoS has lost moral authority on the issue. The forum has been asking your question of ZoS since the event began and they have remained silent.
    PC NA(no Steam), PvE, mostly solo
  • ayu_fever
    ayu_fever
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    if i am in a pug group, queue for a random, and get a dlc dungeon... then yeah im telling the group to fly to fungal grotto 1 and i will still sleep so very good tonight.

dont blame this exploit or the people doing it.
    blame ZOS for not removing dlc dungeons from the random dungeon playlist.
    if someone wants to spend 3 hours in moonhunter keep, go for it.
    i just do not have the time.

maybe... just maybe... thr cp11 “healer” who spams bow light attacks and the non cp lv22 and lv35 “fake” dps can get through FG1.
    good thing i am on tank when doing dungeons because 2 of the 3 i get matched with are always “fake.”
    PS4 NA

all characters are members of the ebonheart pact master race
    BLOOD FOR THE PACT

main character:
    Rebekah Straight-Fire, breton templar healer: THE FATEBRINGER (dungeons, trials, pvp)
    —MERIDIA’S LUSTRANT— 1100+CP; alliance rank 21 (major grade 1); Rebekah is the most devoted and loyal follower of the lady of infinite energies and the highest ascendant of meridia’s purified legion and was forged from meridia’s brilliant radiance of purity.

other meta toons-
    Alexa Straight-Fire, breton warden healer: THE ALCHEMIST (dungeons, trials)
    Sasha Straight-Fire, nord dragonknight tank: THE UNBREAKABLE (dungeons, trials)
    Freyja Straight-Fire, nord warden tank: THE ICEBERG (dungeons, trials)
    Ororo Straight-Fire, dark elf magsorc: THE SHOCKWAVE (dungeons, trials)
    Michonne Straight-Fire, redguard stamDK: THE EVISCERATOR (dungeons, trials)

just for fun toons-
    Rhea Straight-Fire, wood elf warden stam healer: THE RANGER
    Shiva Straight-Fire, high elf warden ice mage: THE CRYOMANCER
    Morgana Straight-Fire, dark elf necromancer solo play: THE DEATHSINGER
    Lucille Straight-Fire, dark elf nightblade solo play: THE VOIDWALKER
    Diana Straight-Fire, nord templar tank: THE CLERIC
    Falsetto Straight-Fire, orc stamsorc werewolf: THE THUNDERHOWL
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It is not the "normal" way to run a Daily Random Dungeon. The extra rewards come from the risk of getting a harder dungeon.

It not how we did this event last year either. Last year, we ran the dungeon we got or took the 15 minute penalty and hoped for an easier dungeon.

No doubt there will be plenty of folks here defending it, claiming it makes their lives easier and asking why on Earth would we complain about it. They'll justify it because ZOS didn't fix it right away, or because it lets them skip DLC dungeons, or because the event has problems already.

But the honest truth is that it's supposed to be the "Daily Random Dungeon" not the "Daily Guaranteed Quick 'N Easy Dungeon."
    Edited by VaranisArano on December 4, 2018 12:24PM
  • thorwyn
    thorwyn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    If a group had one lvl 10 character with them and would queue up for a random dungeon over and over while the other players would cycle through their high level chars after each run, would that still be an exploit? I mean... they started their random dungeon fair and square.
    And if the dam breaks open many years too soon
    And if there is no room upon the hill
    And if your head explodes with dark forebodings too
    I'll see you on the dark side of the moon
  • akl77
    akl77
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I feel bad for the people that actually want to do the dlc normal dungeon, but half the group already ported to fg1 and finished it and drop group. What can you do, ZOS really need to patch this exploit up even before the event.
    Pc na
  • John_Falstaff
    John_Falstaff
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I frankly feel that "if we're not given option to exclude DLCs, then we'll use exploit" is a bad line of thought, because it implies that players are somehow entitled to the reward no matter what. The criteria for earning the reward is clearly defined: running a random normal, and DLCs are included in the contract. If player doesn't feel ready to fulfill the obligation - means they're not entitled to get the reward, simple as that.

Last night I ran a normal, landed in nWGT. Tank (high CP, 50k health) leaves instantly without a word. We wait for another five minutes, get a tank; whole group is very new, medium CP but no experience, first clears. I stop before bosses, explain mechanics, whole group is very sweet, we take time, clear the dungeon, end up having great time together and part with warm words. So, folks, teach people, don't make them abuse the game. And if you so value your extra twenty minutes of time, then run "random" FG1 with guildies.
  • Ash_In_My_Sujamma
    Ash_In_My_Sujamma
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    YamiKuruku wrote: »

Half of the game is not working as intended because of poor coding.
  • Thorstienn
    Thorstienn
    ✭✭✭
    ITS an exploit and everyone abusing it should be banned

ITS RANDOM Dungeon Not fungal 1

Haha. That would be the death of this game. General and guild chats are filled with ppl forming groups to do this.

Re OP. Not sure this needed yet another thread. It ultimately go back to being a non issue in like 1 more day. It has existed for as long as I can remember, not sure why it's getting highlighted so much now.
    There are for more pressing issues I would like then to fix, rather than them wasting time working on this, only to undoubtedly break something else.
    Sorry if they kick you etc, that's individuals being rude, and that will always be a possibility no matter what the situation in online games. People are garbage :smiley:
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    thorwyn wrote: »
    If a group had one lvl 10 character with them and would queue up for a random dungeon over and over while the other players would cycle through their high level chars after each run, would that still be an exploit? I mean... they started their random dungeon fair and square.

No, that's not an exploit.

Low level characters are intended to be limited in which dungeon they get. So grouping with a low level character is an acceptable way to limit yourselve to a "pool" of easier dungeons - Usually Fungal Grotto 1, Spindleclutch 1, and Banished Cells 1.

That's an intended function of groupfinder because it prevents what used to happen. Used to be that Level 10 ESO+ subscribers had access to all the DLC dungeons at level 10...and you can imagine how well level 10s did in White Gold Tower. So ZOS changed the difficulty to be more appropriate for low level characters and the groups they are in by limiting the queues.

Thats not the same as the current exploit, wherein people get a certain dungeon, deliberately complete a different, easier dungeon, and still get the rewards. What's intended is that if you get a harder dungeon, you either complete it or take the 15 minute queue penalty and try your luck again.
  • Yuls
    Yuls
    ✭✭✭✭
    Thorstienn wrote: »
    It ultimately go back to being a non issue in like 1 more day. It has existed for as long as I can remember, not sure why it's getting highlighted so much now.

I don't think this behaviour will disappear after the event. Yes, a lot of folks did know about it for a very long time, but a lot of others were completely unaware, and like it's been said before, every channel right now is full of the "just port to FG1" advise.
    So why should they stop after the event, random gives nice xp. You might see no harm in someone doing 15 FG1 each day every day for a nice xp sum, others might think differently.

• thorwyn
    thorwyn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

Low level characters are intended to be limited in which dungeon they get. So grouping with a low level character is an acceptable way to limit yourselve to a "pool" of easier dungeons - Usually Fungal Grotto 1, Spindleclutch 1, and Banished Cells 1.

I know and I agree with you, but the result is the same.
    And if the dam breaks open many years too soon
    And if there is no room upon the hill
    And if your head explodes with dark forebodings too
    I'll see you on the dark side of the moon
  • YamiKuruku
    YamiKuruku
    ✭✭✭✭
    YamiKuruku wrote: »

Half of the game is not working as intended because of poor coding.

doesn't justify to use exploits tho even if the game is broken xD
    -{ PC EU }-
    CP 810+
    x Khazadaar > lvl50 EP | Khajiit magblade | Main&Master Crafter | Bloodletter
    x Mazayee-Kajthux > lvl 50 EP | Argonian Warden Healer | Godslayer
    x Margaux the Undying > lvl50 DC | Breton Templar Healer | Tick-Tock Tormentor
    x Fendryn Olms >lvl 50 EP | Dunmer Necro Healer | Gryphon Heart
    x Haj Xal >lvl50 EP | Argonian Healblade | Immortal Redeemer
    x Caessia>lvl 50EP | Imperial Warden Tank | Bringer of Light
    x Andre Valere >lvl 50 AD | Breton SorcTank | Gryphon Heart
    x S'zhan'ir >lvl 50 EP | Khajiit StamDen| Alpha Predator
    x Ri'zaad Sajhan >lvl 50 EP | Khajiit DKTank | extinguisher of flames
    x Mi'ra-Do>lvl 50EP | Khajiit magPlar | Divayth Fyr's Coadjutor
    x Minwe Elsinor>lvl 50EP | Altmer MagDen | Dovahkriid
    x Velen Dres > lvl50 EP | Dunmer Magcro | Voice of Reason
    x Perathea > lvl50 AD | Argonian MagDK
    x Myvth >lvl 50 EP | Dunmer StamDK | Plague of Peryite
    x Nephaal Telvanni > lvl50 EP | dunmer MagSorc | Voice of Reason
    x Ko'haana > lvl50 AD | Khajiit Magsorc
    x Zasha gra-Lashk > lvl50 EP | Orc Stamcro
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    thorwyn wrote: »

I know and I agree with you, but the result is the same.

Er, no,

The result is not the same.

Unless the new player is always exactly level 10, there's a pool of dungeons. Also, the other players in the group are running with a low level character. Its not like you have 4 max CP player skipping Vaults of Madness to go run FG 1.

The group with low level characters IS running their random dungeon, just limiting the pool by having a low level in group - which is intended behavior by the groupfinder.

The group getting a random dungeon and porting to FG1 instead IS NOT running their random dungeon and getting the rewards anyway.

Not the same at all.
  • stojekarcub18_ESO
    stojekarcub18_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    random last night put us in Falkreath...was first time for all 4 of us. We easily finished it. Was much more enjoyable than running Fungal for the 10 millionth time.
  • Haashhtaag
    Haashhtaag
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    random last night put us in Falkreath...was first time for all 4 of us. We easily finished it. Was much more enjoyable than running Fungal for the 10 millionth time.
    How long did it take you? Also how many characters do you have?
  • Mureel
    Mureel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Yes, formally speaking, it is an exploit. People are abusing the fact that although they queued up for a random dungeon (and so agreed to run the dungeon the finder gave them), it's sufficient to manually teleport and clear any dungeon to make the finder think they've cleared the random and award them their rewards.

It's just greed. People are rabidly running as many character as they can - since award is per day per character - trying to get motifs, pets, mounts...

Says who?

Also, says who that the one who wants other people to help them with/carry them through ICP is not greedy?

Context.
  • John_Falstaff
    John_Falstaff
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Haashhtaag wrote: »

I see where are you going with it and going to ask: how is that relevant? Do you feel that people must value your time because you really really really want all those fifteen reward boxes tonight? ^^ If you really want FG1 speedruns - get together with guildmates, so you all could mutually agree on violating the promise you all gave by using the finder. That way, you're not forcing anyone else to be dishonest.
  • SantieClaws
    SantieClaws
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Technically you would go on Santie's naughty list if you did this.

However this has apparently been happening for a while and the gods have not yet turned anyone into a cheese wheel nor made a statement of intent regarding the possibility of being turned into a cheese wheel.

Perhaps they wait to make the long requested 'no DLC' an option on the dungeon finder before they declare cheese wheel season after that perhaps?

Perhaps it is only the collision of this and the event that has made it more relevant? After all how many travellers run dungeons on multiple apprentices the rest of the year?

Perhaps they are just writing very slowly at the moment and they intend to clarify the matter before Fishmas?

So to conclude yes this is naughty but no one knows if the gods really care or not.

The real question is do you like cheese so much you are willing to chance it?

Yours with paws
    Santie Claws
    Shunrr's Skooma Oasis - The Movie. A housing video like no other ...
    Find it here - https://youtube.com/user/wenxue2222

Clan Claws - now recruiting khajiit and like minded others for parties, fishing and other khajiit stuff. Contact this one for an invite.

PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

https://www.imperialtradingcompany.eu/
  • John_Falstaff
    John_Falstaff
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Mureel wrote: »
    Says who?

Also, says who that the one who wants other people to help them with/carry them through ICP is not greedy?

Context.

Says dungeon finder. There's word 'random' there, if you mean who says you should run random normal (and not random FG1) when you select random normal. As for carry - if you're not satisfied with your group, you're free to leave and find another group. They're not expecting you to stay after all, not unless you want to - free country.
  • Haashhtaag
    Haashhtaag
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I see where are you going with it and going to ask: how is that relevant? Do you feel that people must value your time because you really really really want all those fifteen reward boxes tonight? ^^ If you really want FG1 speedruns - get together with guildmates, so you all could mutually agree on violating the promise you all gave by using the finder. That way, you're not forcing anyone else to be dishonest.

It’s relevent because people don’t have 20-30 minutes to dedicate to longer dungeons in a group finder a night. Personally I have like 4 hours to play a night. I don’t want to spend 3 of that to do random pledges for an event.
  • John_Falstaff
    John_Falstaff
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    It’s relevent because people don’t have 20-30 minutes to dedicate to longer dungeons in a group finder a night. Personally I have like 4 hours to play a night. I don’t want to spend 3 of that to do random pledges for an event.

Well... if you don't have that much time... then, maybe, don't run that many random normals? ^^ Reward box is awarded not for each fifteen minutes of your time, it's awarded for a random dungeon. Not like you're going there to take what's rightfully yours to begin with - you have to earn it. Earning includes element of randomness. Sometimes longer clear time, true. Lottery. You agree to it by accepting the challenge of the event.
  • tactx
    tactx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Given how buggy the event is, I think fair is fair. Also some of these people are on their n'th character trying to get their reward box for the day. Give them a break? This only happens during the event from what I've seen.

If you want to do a specific dungeon, form a group and do your thing and let the people lucky enough to get through the queue for their boxes do their thing.

“No one's happiness but my own is in my power to achieve or to destroy.” - John Galt, Atlas Shrugged
  • chaoseater99
    chaoseater99
    ✭✭
    This is happening and will keep happening until the event ends. One week in a year, people just want to speedrun Fungal Grotto 1 basically to get the mystery boxes. Since the exploit is there (surprise ZOS, did you think people won't exploit this?) people will do this till the event ends. I only had 30 minutes of playtime last night and I too did the same for 3 of my toons.

Basically people right now are running into the dungeons only for the rewards. If someone wants to genuinely just play random dungeons, you should either just form a 4 person group or just wait till the event ends. Let the people farm whatever they want for just 7 days and then everything goes back to normal.

Peace out :wink:
  • bottleofsyrup
    bottleofsyrup
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Well... if you don't have that much time... then, maybe, don't run that many random normals? ^^ Reward box is awarded not for each fifteen minutes of your time, it's awarded for a random dungeon. Not like you're going there to take what's rightfully yours to begin with - you have to earn it. Earning includes element of randomness. Sometimes longer clear time, true. Lottery. You agree to it by accepting the challenge of the event.

who cares ffs
  • Agenericname
    Agenericname
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    In the end it doesnt matter what I think, it'll be ZOS that decides. Theyll either condone it with silence or they'll fix it.

I doubt that ZOS intended for this event to be an introduction to the first and last boss of nFG1. I also doubt that they intended for any of the other bugs to be there as well. I suppose we will see.

I havent used it.