The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [IN PROGRESS] PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

These crown crates.. I feel like..

GreenhaloX
GreenhaloX
✭✭✭✭✭
Before you call me an idiot and stick a kick me sign on my back.. I know, I know, but I really would like to get at least one, or two, of the Radiant Apex Award mounts from these current Scalecaller crates. That Galvanic Storm Steed, Dragonfire wolf and Shadow-Rider Senche look so cool. After 60 crates, not one ffing Radiant Apex reward. Only got one damn mount from the Apex reward; rest are all crap potions, poisons, scrolls and shitt repeatedly. WTF.. 60 ffing crates/ 20k crowns wasted. You would think we would have received at least 1 or 2 from the Radiant Apex and a few from the Apex; mounts specifically. I feel like (if I could) shove all these crates up somebody's arse over there in the Zen and ZOS land. Damn, this shitt needs rework and improved bad. :s. Had a thumb back up for the recent fix to the 2H reticle issue. Now this.. thumb is back down. Goodness..
  • redspecter23
    redspecter23
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm not sure you realize how rare radiant apex mounts are. A standard apex reward is somewhere around 4.5% chance. A radiant apex is even more RNG on top of that. 60 crates isn't really a lot of crates to have an expectation of one radiant, let alone two. You would be ridiculously lucky to have pulled 2 radiant apex from 60 crates.
  • kojou
    kojou
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    The house always wins...
    Playing since beta...
  • hexnotic
    hexnotic
    ✭✭✭✭
    N/A
    Edited by hexnotic on November 17, 2020 5:09PM
  • GreenhaloX
    GreenhaloX
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm not sure you realize how rare radiant apex mounts are. A standard apex reward is somewhere around 4.5% chance. A radiant apex is even more RNG on top of that. 60 crates isn't really a lot of crates to have an expectation of one radiant, let alone two. You would be ridiculously lucky to have pulled 2 radiant apex from 60 crates.

You make it sound like it's ok.. hell ffing no. That's 20k crowns spent. This shitt needs rework bad..
  • kadochka
    kadochka
    ✭✭✭✭✭

You can hope!

Though.. yeah, 60 probably isn't, uhhh.... a 'large' amount to ZOS.
    *⬇️ poke poke ⬇️*
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zaDdRLVUohg
    (This may not be a perfectly-equivalent example, but it's funny and all I could think of.)
    Edited by kadochka on December 1, 2018 1:33AM
    if I could make another character, their name would be Cries-For-Character-Slots. AKA, I need more.

• Aebaradath
    Aebaradath
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Gamble Crates have a secret passive: You gotta spend a minimum 250 so they can support their Cash Store lovechild for a 0.033% chance to get a Radiant Apex Mount.
    Edited by Aebaradath on December 1, 2018 1:30AM
  • Sylvermynx
    Sylvermynx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I was really happy for the Frostbane cat mount I got, since I think the Apex mounts are really ugly.

Each to her own, y'know?
  • yodased
    yodased
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Not understanding how statistical odds works is not an excuse to get mad. If you entered into this situation thinking or wanting a specific thing from a gambling box, you were almost guaranteed to be disappointed.

You see this is probably the biggest, and my opinion, valid argument against the gamble box. Would you have paid that 20k crowns for the mount you wanted directly?

You put the money in and pulled the lever, you didn't get 3 cherries, it is what it is man there is nothing more to say really.

Using the gamble boxes to get a specific item can cost you a car payment
    Tl;dr really weigh the fun you have in game vs the business practices you are supporting.
  • Gargath
    Gargath
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    When I read the above, it reminds me that I did not spend a single crown for a crate but only from free crates I got a sweet roll, flame atronach guar and frostbane sabre cat. 20k crowns wasted? You better stick with the free crates next time ;) .
    PC EU (PL): 14 characters. ESO player since 06.08.2015. Farkas finest quote: "Some people don't think I'm smart. Those people get my fist. But you, I like."
  • GreenhaloX
    GreenhaloX
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Gamble Crates have a secret passive: You gotta spend a minimum 250 so they can support their Cash Store lovechild for a 0.033% chance to get a Radiant Apex Mount.

bang-head-on-desk.jpg

I hate you guys, Zenimax..
  • Davor
    Davor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    GreenhaloX wrote: »

You make it sound like it's ok.. hell ffing no. That's 20k crowns spent. This shitt needs rework bad..

Uh, stop gambling. Why are you blaming Zenimax? You just gambled and you didn't get what you wanted. If you have a gambling problem (which I believe I do) you have to make a HARD STAND and not buy crates or don't play the game at all. Since I want to play the game, I don't allow myself to buy crowns so I can buy crates. Only crowns, I have is what I get from my ESO+ subscription.

I see what this is. It's gambling pure and simple and you have proven that it is. You need better self control. I know, I had to quit ESO for a bit because of it.
    Not my quote but I love this saying

"I would pay It for support. But since they choosed we are just numbers and not customers, i dont mind if game and zos goes to oblivion"
  • Taleof2Cities
    Taleof2Cities
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If this was a new player just discovering crown crates I might have some sympathy ... but the OP is a 6-star forum-goer.
  • thanoscopter
    thanoscopter
    ✭✭✭
    If they sold these mounts for crowns, such as 20k crowns per mount, many potential collectors/gamblers wouldn't bother buying them directly because they would lose their rarity.

Let's say someone really wants a Radiant Apex mount, they then spend 500 dollars or more and get one. Maybe it is not the one they want even. I guarantee this player wouldn't have spent 500 dollars or more for the mount they gambled for if it was being advertised on the crown store to everyone for this price.

Many people buying these crates aren't necessarily buying them for the mounts alone...although they probably think they are. They are actually paying for the thrill of gambling for them.
    Edited by thanoscopter on December 1, 2018 3:42AM
  • Epona222
    Epona222
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    People *could* actually stop buying into this nonsense and stop buying the crates... if they didn't sell and make money for Zeni, they wouldn't do it.
    GM - Ghost Sea Trading Co - NA PC

Epona was a Romano-Celtic goddess dating back to around 1800 to 2000 years before computer games were invented.
  • redspecter23
    redspecter23
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I like it probably about as much as you do. That being said, I did my research. Checked with people that have tracked hundreds, if not thousands of crate drops, found the drop rates and make knowledgeable purchases based on that information. I would absolutely love it if at minimum, ZOS disclosed the odds of getting any given item so players could all make informed decisions. You spent money with an expectation without knowing any odds beforehand. How did you expect that to turn out? Yes, it sucks to throw 20,000 crowns away, but sadly, that's exactly what ZOS wants players to do.
  • TheDarkShadow
    TheDarkShadow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I know someone spent about 200 bucks on scalecaller crates (about 28k crown I guess) and still can't get the radiant mount.
  • Hippie4927
    Hippie4927
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Sorry for your bad luck, OP. :(

Tonight I bought only 15 crates and to my surprise.........

Qn7vqSE.jpg

7C7Bc8g.jpg

I have wanted that mount ever since I first saw it but wasn't willing to spend much trying to get it. Usually RNG hates me but tonight I got lucky.
    PC/NA/EP ✌️
  • Caligamy_ESO
    Caligamy_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    hotlix-margarita-strawberry-sucker_1024x1024.png?v=1489601634
    love is love
  • MaxJrFTW
    MaxJrFTW
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    You were expecting to get a radiant apex from 60 crates? Oh, my sweet summer child! I've opened 60-70 of every type of crates except Hollowjack(only 45), and Storm, and i've never seen a radiant apex.

I do agree that for $150 you should be guaranteed 2-3 apex mounts, but i usually get just 1, or none. Only got 2 out of the Wild Hunt crates.

It does feel like i've been robbed every time, but $150 every 3-4 months is not a lot of money anyways.
    "I don't know you, and I don't care to know you."
    ―Ulrich Leland, 3E 433
  • Riverlynn
    Riverlynn
    ✭✭✭✭
    MaxJrFTW wrote: »
    I do agree that for $150 you should be guaranteed 2-3 apex mounts, but i usually get just 1, or none. Only got 2 out of the Wild Hunt crates.

If you feel spending any amount of money at all 'guarantees' you a rare drop, then you really don't understand what the words 'random' and 'gambling' mean.

The only thing you are guaranteed to have when buying Crown Crates, is some Crown Crates.

I'm sorry for the OP, or anyone else, who didn't get the drops they want, but complaining about it on the forums seems a little entitled to me.
    My accountant told me to invest my money in bonds. So I bought 100 copies of Goldfinger.

Unicorns and cannonballs, palaces and piers
    Trumpets, towers and tenements, wide oceans full of tears.
    Flags, rags ferryboats, scimitars and scarves
    Every precious dream and vision, underneath the stars.
  • AlienatedGoat
    AlienatedGoat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Apex is closer to 2% drop chance.

Radiant Apex is about 0.15% drop chance.

Crown Crates Spreadsheet
    PC-NA Goat
  • MaxJrFTW
    MaxJrFTW
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Riverlynn wrote: »

If you feel spending any amount of money at all 'guarantees' you a rare drop, then you really don't understand what the words 'random' and 'gambling' mean.

The only thing you are guaranteed to have when buying Crown Crates, is some Crown Crates.

I'm sorry for the OP, or anyone else, who didn't get the drops they want, but complaining about it on the forums seems a little entitled to me.

Why so salty? Why comment if you're not gonna add anything to the discussion other than animosity?
    ―Ulrich Leland, 3E 433
  • Riverlynn
    Riverlynn
    ✭✭✭✭
    Why so salty? Why comment if you're not gonna add anything to the discussion other than animosity?

Oh dear, if you think my comments are 'salty animosity', then you'd better stay out of the internet. You won't like it one bit.

As I said, I really do feel sorry for anyone who gambles on the crates and loses, but it IS gambling, with the inherent risk (99% certainty in this case) of losing.

And I commented because this is a public forum that invites opinions and discussion. Sorry if that means I'm not allowed to disagree.
    My accountant told me to invest my money in bonds. So I bought 100 copies of Goldfinger.

• Latios
    Latios
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Because that's basically the hidden rule in the forums. You bash whoever even remotely tries to defend or justify crown crates.

Just do the math: If an apex mount is around 2%, that means it's around 26% chance to get one per 15 crates. If you buy 150 dollars worth of crates, which should give you 75(5 x 15), you have close to 85% chance to get at least one apex mount every time you do so. In my opinion, those are very low odds. You should get much more than 400 gems though, so just pick whatever apex you want.

I'm sorry about you not getting what you want, OP. Unfortunately, the crown crate radiant apex is just THAT rare. At least you got a bunch of gems to get a cool apex mount in upcoming crates.
    The Eon Pokémon.
  • MaxJrFTW
    MaxJrFTW
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Oh dear, if you think my comments are 'salty animosity', then you'd better stay out of the internet. You won't like it one bit.

As I said, I really do feel sorry for anyone who gambles on the crates and loses, but it IS gambling, with the inherent risk (99% certainty in this case) of losing.

And I commented because this is a public forum that invites opinions and discussion. Sorry if that means I'm not allowed to disagree.

Again, you're being salty and confrontational for no reason at all. People spend money on this because they got money to spend. Why does that upset you?

Edited by MaxJrFTW on December 1, 2018 7:15AM
    ―Ulrich Leland, 3E 433
  • Riverlynn
    Riverlynn
    ✭✭✭✭
    Again, you're being salty and confrontational for no reason at all. People spend money on this because they got money to spend. Why does that upset you?

I'm not being 'salty and confrontational' - I'm disagreeing with the fact that you think spending money on crates should guarantee whatever drop you want.

Do you see that? Not 'salty and confrontational', but disagreeing with you. I realise you see that as the same thing, and I can't help that. I'm also not upset - just stating my opinion.

We're slowly dragging this thread off topic, if you want to continue to take issue with anyone having an opinion contrary to yours, why not PM me, and spare all these forum folks the drama?

• Kamanakai
    Kamanakai
    Soul Shriven

"Just do the math: If an apex mount is around 2%, that means it's around 26% chance to get one per 15 crates. If you buy 150 dollars worth of crates, which should give you 75(5 x 15), you have close to 85% chance to get at least one apex mount every time you do so. In my opinion, those are very low odds. You should get much more than 400 gems though, so just pick whatever apex you want."

It doesn't work like that. It is 2% every time you open a crate.
  • NorthernNightmare
    NorthernNightmare
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The odds in this games boxes are horrible

and thats coming from someone with one radiant and two apexs.
  • O_LYKOS
    O_LYKOS
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Some of us have spent hundreds on crown crates and never had a radiant mount. I've only ever had one.
    Its a gamble. You want something. Doesn't mean you're going to get it.
    PC NA - GreggsSausageRoll
    Xbox NA - CinnamonRoll266
  • Mureel
    Mureel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Before you call me an idiot and stick a kick me sign on my back.. I know, I know, but I really would like to get at least one, or two, of the Radiant Apex Award mounts from these current Scalecaller crates. That Galvanic Storm Steed, Dragonfire wolf and Shadow-Rider Senche look so cool. After 60 crates, not one ffing Radiant Apex reward. Only got one damn mount from the Apex reward; rest are all crap potions, poisons, scrolls and shitt repeatedly. WTF.. 60 ffing crates/ 20k crowns wasted. You would think we would have received at least 1 or 2 from the Radiant Apex and a few from the Apex; mounts specifically. I feel like (if I could) shove all these crates up somebody's arse over there in the Zen and ZOS land. Damn, this shitt needs rework and improved bad. :s. Had a thumb back up for the recent fix to the 2H reticle issue. Now this.. thumb is back down. Goodness..

IDK why people gamble then complain they didn't get Jackpot.