The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Some players really confuse me

• wenchmore420b14_ESO
    wenchmore420b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    How on earth have these people gotten this far like that?

Great stories! But to answer your question....
    The first thing that came to my mind is ALL the threads and the "New Players" I recruit to my guild that start the game and want to hit level 50 & hit max CP in 2 days. (Before CP, a guildie did Level 1 to Vet 16 in a day and a half, WITHOUT doing any quests, so yes it can be done).
    They run Alikir dolmons, Skyreach over and over, then hit max level with 90ish skill points, no idea about rotation of skills, have piece meal gear, etc. That's the type of people I think of when you ask that.
    As far as alts, mules, etc...true. I'm at 1076CP with a healer and tank alt, but they are limited by skill points, etc., so they seem noobish at times.
    But I still know better that stand behind healer, etc. Experienced players at least know basic game play, no matter character ability.
    Even my main, totally maxed, 22k health and 50k dps, seems like a noob sometimes as I haven't done all the dungeons.
    But if they did what you said, yup, they just rushed to max and don't know what they are doing.
    Just my 2 drakes... :)
    Huzzah!
    Drakon Koryn~Oryndill, Rogue~Mage,- CP ~Doesn't matter any more
    NA / PC Beta Member since Nov 2013
    GM~Conclave-of-Shadows, EP Social Guild, ~Proud member of: The Wandering Merchants, Phoenix Rising, Imperial Trade Union & Celestials of Nirn
    Sister Guilds with: Coroner's Report, Children of Skyrim, Sunshine Daydream, Tamriel Fisheries, Knights Arcanum and more
    "Not All Who Wander are Lost"
    #MOREHOUSINGSLOTS
    “When the people that can make the company more successful are sales and marketing people, they end up running the companies. The product people get driven out of the decision making forums, and the companies forget what it means to make great products.”

_Steve Jobs (The Lost Interview)
  • xMovingTarget
    xMovingTarget
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    D0PAMINE wrote: »
    I like this thread. Sharing stories! :D I have one too.

So I was in a party. the other DD was really weak. I did like 80% group dmg across the board. trash/bosses. But whatever right? Things died. So it is what it is. All good.
    we did the 2 vPledges. First dungeon was fine. In the 2nd one, the tank DCed midway through. We used the finder to get another tank.
    We eventually got one. Now this is where the fun starts.
    The guy had 920 or so CP. When he arrived at our group, He was running Dualwield. It was strange, but whatever. Lets just go through the dungeon, right?
    It was spindle clutch. We were at the 3 flesh atros.
    This guy, he ran Dualwield/destro staff. Like what??!?! And queues as Tank in vet dungeons...
    I had the aggro all the time from all 3 atros. Struggling to survive. And still hit 75% group DPS.

So I dont mind new players Just not being that good yet. That is no issue. Like the other DD. he was at like 200CP. Which is fine. He still has to learn you know.
    But this guy.. He queued as tank, was a pseudo DD. Did probably less damage than the healer.
    We kicked him before the last boss. Because even after we said "taunt pls" and so, he did not.

And this is the point it got really wierd. He started whispering me.

I am good, you low CP Noob.
    L2P
    and so on

After that he linked me every piece of Boss helm/shoulder in the game for whatever reason and told me how much of a noob I was.

I am 540CP magDK. I was on a 3 year break from ESO. But still manage better than that guy.

At the end he kept swearing at me in french for 30 more minutes. Until he eventually stopped because I just ignored it.

So this is my story from this event.
    the rest I mainly did with a friend group.

I love hate whispers. I post facts about the planet Venus. What they say gets pushed up as soon as they post it because I type very quickly. Sometimes I mail them fake rewards of the Worthy too.

You are the man!
    Some years ago, I played this game called "Age of Wulin". There was an item "cowdung" you got from somewhere I dont remember. I used to mail that to people like these.

But your Venus facts are hilarious man. I may use something like this too now. :D
  • Gatviper
    Gatviper
    ✭✭✭✭
    If everyone was knowing what they're doing in games, online gaming world would be a much better world. Most don't know what they're doing, and then they're queueing up for that group dungeon, probably thinking "what could go wrong, me fire the staff". Ruining the experience for those who know what they're doing in dungeon groups.
    Appreciate those who realise they don't fit into group dungeons and avoid them. Can't help but shake my head at those who queue for them and die from a harpy's sneeze. At least read up on Google what group dungeons are.
    Life is a ride, like days in a train, cities rush by, like ghosts in the night.
    The rhythm of wheels, time fades away, stations of a journey, destination unknown.
  • CrimsonGTX
    CrimsonGTX
    ✭✭✭
    I'm confused by some players also. I decided to level up my Mag warden to reach CP, every thing goes well through the first 5 dungeons. I get queued in normal Darkshade Carverns II, a 1000+ cp tank said "they don't have time for this sorry" and the 2nd DPS(900CP) left shortly after the tank :D . I ended completing the dungeon pretty swiftly with the replacements players. I hate to sound rude but if you can't or is afraid of any normal dungeon....non-DLC at that, don't waste other players time queuing up for a random.

After that I hop on Xbox to burn through dungeons on most of my toons. I come across a group who must've been premade(max CP and had some vet trial titles), We got vet Direfrost....EZ PZ right? I was wrong they decided they wanted to port to BC1. Both are identically easy, so I'm confused and like whatever :D .
    Sorc & Warden Main - PC NA(CP 1k+) & Xbox NA (CP 1k+)
  • Tan9oSuccka
    Tan9oSuccka
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Ackwalan wrote: »
    That might be their "mule" character and while they share their cp with their main, they have no gear and very few skills unlocked.

Agree. Many crafters are pugging Randoms as well. :)
    Of course I like steak. I'm a Nord, aren't I?
    -Berj Stoneheart
  • RexyCat
    RexyCat
    ✭✭✭✭
    What really confuses me is when you ask someone "you need all the bosses or we skip" and he says "I need" but then runs ahead and skips everything leaving the rest of us fighting a boss. And similar sociophatic behaviors, apparently interacting with human beings is a difficult skill these days. :/

Also 11k health "tank" with bows. :D

Actually I don't find it "easy" to type in chat when there is a group, so it might be that some people do have a hard time to communicate, especially when most people seem to stress with everything nowadays and kick people for every reason there is to kick. Not everybody is 20something with superfast reaction skills to jump between controlling a character and chat, and there is some add ons that sometimes mess up and you get stuck in chat and need to do a reloadui.

So first thing would be to actually make sure everybody have had time to check that they have food/drink active, their gear isn't damage too much from doing other things while waiting for a sudden message to accept dungeon from Group Tool and make sure if somebody are there for quest, pledges or any other reason which might necessary to do each boss and to explain some mechanics or short cut for those who might not be aware, if they decide to skip something.

As for running away from group, yeah that is really annoying as it sets everybody in combat which in end reduce regen and also slows you down if you are running towards where group should be. Skipping is a bad part of game when group haven't really made clear what each one need to complete for pledge, quest, grinding for gear or for just getting random dungeon done. Not everybody know their way around for short cuts to avoid aggro things and it is much faster to slow down and get everybody through a dungeon then a few just rush through everything.
  • macsmooth
    macsmooth
    ✭✭✭✭
    I tank most of the time but I have 12 toons that are all crafters and they all are built correctly to tank dd or heal but that’s because I took the time to collect shards and set them up in the correct gear food and enchantments

I do notice that you have different types of players

The run ahead in a rush to complete even though you can see someone is doing the quest and oh their dead already
    The sit in the back and do light attacks
    The sit with the tank and stay in stupid
    The PVP players that don’t do PVE (yes you can be spotted a mile off)
    The PVE only solo players that don’t do group dungeons so haven’t learnt the dungeon (these usually will ask for advice but some stay quiet)
    The CP 68 that queues for a vet dungeon
    The healer that is not a healer ones
    The tank that’s not a tank he’s a headless chicken ones
    The DD that is low damage because they not geared correctly and wearing drop items and not full sets or tanky sets not DD sets

They all have a lot in common and that they don’t gear up correctly with gear they have access to or enchant their gear correctly or eat or drink buff but they all jump straight into vet dungeons and want the monster helm by being carried by the rest of the team

I have no issue with new players wanting to learn I will teach but they need to just say in chat that they don’t know this dungeon yet and the good players will help, it’s the arrogant ones that think they know better that I will vote to kick before someone who’s wanting to learn
    Edited by macsmooth on December 1, 2018 1:19PM
  • MartiniDaniels
    MartiniDaniels
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I remember when i was just start doing dungeons at cp200 or similar as tank, i used to keep bosses running for me, cause i thought when boss moves he doesn't have time to do damage to team :D

Then one day at vet bc2, somebody told me not to move final boss (though he is not moving much other then by his rotation mechanics) after we wiped several times due to daedroth (and dps don't kill them since it is HM requirement).. though that comment about "not-moving-boss" is completely pointless as that boss, i stopped moving bosses from that time.

I kept dying in dlc dungeons like scalecaller up to cp400 stacking more and more health armor and block mitigation, trying to survive those one-shot mechanics, until some guy told me after several wipes, that tank should hide behind those icycles too. From that point I start reading mechanics articles before attempting dlc vets..

So polite whispers help, learn from other's experience and teach other newbies and PUGs will be better ^^
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    When I'm tanking, the only time I care about DD positioning is when someone is hanging out way in the back on one of those bosses who jumps to the person whose farthest away.

Those people I just look at and think "I hope you don't mind the boss pouncing on you every single time because there's nothing I can do about it..."

Until the chorus of 'WTF tank, why you no taunt' begins!![/quote]

LOL, exactly! It doesnt happen often because I wear Ebon Armory and I taunt, but there's been a couple times I have to explain "No, that's a mechanic."

If nobody gets upset, its fine. I just stand there and buff for the couple seconds it takes the boss to turn around and come back to me.
  • Eso101rus
    Eso101rus
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yeah this event has brought me some tears of pain and laughter, the 30k tank with a back bar bow using snipe running away from boss, probably to increase dps🙈😂, or the NB wielding back bar resto and front bar bow using shadow cloak to “avoid” enemies. I hope I’m not coming over elitist, but I wish people would have a better understanding of the game before entering group play such as dungeons. That being said it is funny watching them in normal dungeons👍🏼😂
  • p_tsakirisb16_ESO
    p_tsakirisb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So like pretty much everyone else I've being running dungeons for the event, and I keep encountering max cp or just very high cp players that play like complete noobs. They have 10-12k health and stand way in the back spamming just one ability and light attacks. How on earth have these people gotten this far like that? One guy was close to max cp with 10k health queued as a tank on a sorc, and dude wasn't even using a damage shield. Guy got sneezed on by a harpy and died.

Also decided to finally roll a healer for this event, which I actually really enjoy playing, and it's like they intentionally avoid all my heals. Why you standing way behind me away from everyone else where my heals can't reach you just stand in the sparklies and flowers man they are there to heal yo squishy 10k hp butt.

Anyways yeah what the heck is up with these people?

Completely agree with you. Tried vet EH II yesterday, and the tank was a bow vampire NB who the moment trash mobs looked at him died. He only had bow, and then the following conversation started
    me: "you are not good enough tank"
    him : "why you say that?"
    me : "because I am the damn healer, and tanking the bloody bosses"
    him : "tanks are bit overrated you know, you keep up what you do"

Then Bogdan came. Over the years found him the best boss to teach noobs a lesson.
    The "tank" fell off the pad three times, trying to avoid the fire. So did one of the damage dealers also.
    Both vampires without fire glyphs.

When they left, we got a tank and new damage dealer and Bogdan was dead in minutes.
    And in 4 1/2 years of playing this game, with some long breaks between, imho Bogdan is the benchmark of finding who's worthy and who isn't.

Few hours later a friend asked to do again vet EH 2 with my healer. Exactly the same. The 2 range vampire DD fell of the pad trying to avoid the fires.

Now Tank Sorc isn't bad, but you need to have a tank sorc setup and mentality.
    My level 11 Tank templar last night queued him for a normal dungeon (the rest were CP 500+ players), and had 40,000hp dragging all mobs on him without problem. (I have spent the 420 CP properly on him already).

Tbh is down to players. Who copy a template online believing they can play the game. Like they do on other games like SWG.
  • Shantu
    Shantu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    There are all kinds of players with skill levels and interests. I've met max CP players who didn't know to use food buffs. Some are not aware of the concept of laying down AOE's and DOT's, let alone weaving light attacks. They simply don't know, are for some reason unable, or have dissimilar interests. There's nothing wrong or confusing about it and it's a bit cynical to complain about running with them when you PUG this kind of dungeon event. They are there for the prize, not to satisfy anyone's expectation of their abilities. If meeting players like this is so upsetting, then stop pugging and stick with pre-made groups.
  • The_Lex
    The_Lex
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Or like last night on my tank, one of the the DDs was running around like crazy, positioning himself in between me and the boss. Then again, he was in PvP gear and spamming ransack the entire time. 🙄
    Edited by The_Lex on December 1, 2018 2:23PM
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The_Lex wrote: »
    Or like last night on my tank, one of the the DDs was running around like crazy, positioning himself in between me and the boss. Then again, he was in PvP gear and spamming ransack the entire time. 🙄

That's when I explain the taunt once, and after that, "You taunt it, you tank it!"
    :lol:
  • Kanar
    Kanar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm guilty of speccing crafters as healers & tanks. It's fine except the one time I had to tank Moonhunter Keep and I forgot to take the heavy armor passives on that char.

My biggest lesson so far is that healing can be super frustrating. People seem to deliberately dodge your heals, and magicka DD are frustrating because they stand out of the aoe heals around tank and stam DD.
  • Dojohoda
    Dojohoda
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Ya know, those dungeon finder ques, you don't want to miss it when it's your turn.

So maybe the player asked another person to fill in for him while he ran out for pizza. But then the que popped and the person filling in was like, "oh noes, what do I do"

Pew pew pew

:D
    Fan of playing magblade since 2015. (PC NA)
    Might be joking in comments.
    -->(((Cyrodiil)))<--
  • ankeor
    ankeor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Maybe they queued with a storage character. I queue with my storage character also. Lightning heavy attack spamming like total noob. Quite fun actually. But hey! At least I provide major slayer to the other dd's.
  • JacobCora
    JacobCora
    ✭✭
    I'm almost 700CP after 2 years playing daily (except Steam downtime...) and I have rarely step into a group dungeon. I only go there during this event to get the box (because I am a RNG junkie) and when new dungeon are released (i play just once each). My CP comes from crafting and fromn spending insane hours just killing easy stuff in the mainland. Zero skills required.

I'm one of those monsters who doesn't use the second skill bar, because in the the rest of the PVE content is not really necessary. On top of that, my main and only weapon is a bow... so I'm the poster boy of the guy you don't want in a dungeon :p

I would never dare to play a Veteran Dungeon (I went there once by mistake!! :S), but in a Normal one; even someone like me can get more or less the job done or at least not being too much of a burden. Normally I have been paired with players that understand and try to teach me the mechanics of fights when they see I'm clueless. I return the favor by listening.

So, high CP doesn't equal high skill in this game. Not by a long shot.

• ApostateHobo
    ApostateHobo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Aurayna wrote: »
    My Nord has a CP of 400 but this is the 1st week I have attempted group dungeons and really are just learning the mechanics of playing in a group. I hope I haven't let anyone down and have tried to do my best at holding my own, but it is what it is.

My high elf, however, tried a dungeon yesterday and she shares the same CP but is not as good as the Nord and died twice in the run. Same player different characters !

I think it's mainly because my Nord actually earnt most of the CP which was then shared with the high elf .

I think that's your answer ! People only play as well as they can and lots whom would normally not go for group dungeons are attempting it because of the Event.

Maybe you could heal them or try and give them some advice and of course have a little patience?

We can't all be superb at doing dungeons or where would be the challenge.

I also have a level 22 Imperial who is quite good at combat and yesterday another player asked to group with me and I accepted. Then he proceeded to run ahead and do his thing leaving me behind ! He obviously had done the delve before but I had to stop to see where I needed to go next.
    When I got to the last bit he finished and just ran out of the delve past me ! So it works both ways !

Players who very familiar with ESO and are at the top of their game are sometimes disdainful of those with lesser abilities and still finding their way . They should remember they were there once

I genuinely have no problem playing with people new to the game because you can tell they're genuinely trying and still learning. I go as fast as the slowest person in the group and always stay if I see someone has to do the quest or something. It's just these people specifically with super low hp spamming a single attack with max cp I'm calling out here XD

And I do try to give people advice if I see them struggling, but I usually get ignored or they get all pissy and go "you can't tell me how to play the game REEEE" even if I just say hey you should eat some food to buff your health.

I haven't even been playing eso that long, not even a full year yet actually, so I don't forget what it's like to start out at the bottom. But even when I was a complete noob I still used food and the full two bars of skills, so I guess I just assume other people would do the same haha
  • peacenote
    peacenote
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Jameliel wrote: »
    This game does have more elitists than on average.

I think this is just the natural path of MMOs as they evolve. The game came out in 2014. There were much fewer elitists in 2015. :)

My #1 wish for ESO Today: Decouple achievements from character progress and tracking.
    • Advocate for this HERE.
    • Want the history of this issue? It's HERE.
  • mwo1480
    mwo1480
    ✭✭✭✭
    A couple of things:
    • Remember that CP is only an indicator of how long someone's been playing, not what they've done. They could have gotten to 810 doing writs or delve dailies.
    • It's possible they bought pre-leveled accounts. So that's a new player with 810 CP.
    • It's possible they were powereleveled using Skyreach carries or similar content. End result is the same, they don't know how to play, but here we are.
    • They're bots.

There are a shocking number of players who've really never learned the game, staggering around out there.

you forget

new chars rushed to lvl 50, still wearing low lvl gear

chars focussed on pvp with no build for dungeons
    eu/pc
    every char has a story

anne-susan ...breton sorch DC
    seline kay .... bosmer dk AD
    julia-noor ...bosmer temp DC
    elle wolf .... breton temp AD
    Mari-Lynn.... woodelf nb AD former empress
    Mari-chan... woodelf warden AD
    (and more chars)
  • LeagueTroll
    LeagueTroll
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ackwalan wrote: »
    That might be their "mule" character and while they share their cp with their main, they have no gear and very few skills unlocked.

Nope, even on mule character, when leveling it up they will still need to unlock dots. even in heavy armor dots + heavy is over 15k dps. These types of ppl are either trolling for the memes, or just simply autistic :D
  • Gatviper
    Gatviper
    ✭✭✭✭
    I've actually seen true elitists, I was in a guild in 2016 before taking a longer break from ESO. It's not that there were fewer elitists in 2015, maybe more like the other way around. But it was many people who were coming from other MMORPGs and actually had experience that group dungeons are not solo content, they are hard, and one has to optimize his character to perform well in a group.
    Why do you think ESO caters now so much to overland easy soloable stuff and cosmetic Crown Shop glitter. Because the majority of the players are like that above, they play for light fun and are not fit / able to, play the harder group content. ZoS has to earn money for the game to keep running, so much content is made for light-attack spammers who do just fine questing overland.
    The rhythm of wheels, time fades away, stations of a journey, destination unknown.
  • swippy
    swippy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    this has probably been mentioned, but i got the bulk of my CP in Cyrodiil. the rewards from this event are alluring enough to get me stumbling around dungeons. i stay alive pretty well (apart from the OHKOs that have a trick) but i'm sure i look like a moron to any CP160 who's been killing bosses since L10. it's just a different style of play, and one doesn't prepare you much for the other.
  • blacksghost
    blacksghost
    ✭✭✭✭

[/quote]
    Normal dungeons are very relaxed even more so with an guild. However this evet is the wrong time to get into them as so many want to do dungeons on 8+ alts for the rewards and want it to be fast.

[/quote]

It’s a shame that the greedy have no time for those who just want to have a go during the event. I would say that the event is exactly the right time for the nervous and inexperienced player to get into doing them.

A little generosity of spirit wouldn’t go amiss.

It’s so easy to say high cp should be good CP but CP isnt earned by doing anything well, but by doing it at all.

Everything will be alright in the end, if its not alright its not the end.
  • blacksghost
    blacksghost
    ✭✭✭✭
    When I'm on a healer trying to heal someone behind me, I'm all like, "What are they doing back there? Are they an idiot?"

When I'm on a ranged DPS and I end up behind the healer, I'm all like, "What is the healer doing that close to the action? Are they an idiot?"

YMMV

You also have to wonder about those “healers” that run nose to nose with the boss, would take a shoe horn to get in front of some of them.
    Everything will be alright in the end, if its not alright its not the end.
  • WitchyWarrior
    WitchyWarrior
    ✭✭✭✭
    Davor wrote: »
    Anyways yeah what the heck is up with these people?

Heaven forbid people play for fun and a long time and are not good at the game. Not everyone is an Internet Sports Jock.

I didn't know only people with them leet gamer skillz ate food and used more than a single ability I am shooketh

Pffft...food
    I bet you're the type that uses potions too.
    Snob.
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    When I'm on a healer trying to heal someone behind me, I'm all like, "What are they doing back there? Are they an idiot?"

When I'm on a ranged DPS and I end up behind the healer, I'm all like, "What is the healer doing that close to the action? Are they an idiot?"

YMMV

You also have to wonder about those “healers” that run nose to nose with the boss, would take a shoe horn to get in front of some of them.

If my healer is nose-to-nose with the boss, we've got a fake tank in the group who isn't holding aggro with a taunt so my healer pulled boss aggro.
  • Gatviper
    Gatviper
    ✭✭✭✭
    Got a great tank on Normal random today. And two below 100 CP DDs. Who took it really slow, with me being a Healer at 810+ CP and actively trying to do some dps to get through faster. Wayrest Sewers I. Well after being stuck at the usual door and all 3 others of course getting to the boss before I've finished my /reloadui to get rid of the "stuck in combat bug", I've switched to my DD setup after the boss was dead (took them just about 10min), just to get the zone done in less than 40 more minutes with the final boss.

Makes me realise what a great rift there is between players who are still "immersed" in the game and not knowing a lot what they're doing, and those who've seen it all and did get at the group-based content. And there's pretty much nothing preparing the new or casual players for the group content. Shoddy work done there on the part of game's developers, but since I've seen the same in other MMORPGs it's at least not much of a surprise.
  • sno_flah_ke
    sno_flah_ke
    ✭✭✭
    it could be their main crafter and their first toon and they are focusing on learning traits for crafting
    more the being in the fray