The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Some players really confuse me

• kinguardian
    kinguardian
    ✭✭✭✭
    I am on the highest cp because while I only played the main game. I never do dungeons or pvp. You can just get it frome playing the game. Dungeons and pvp are not the holy grail of the game.
    I want to have the indrik mount so I 1 dungeon per day for the 3 points. I am not brilliant at it because I dont have the right gear and I dont know the dungeons so it may take a bit longer before the bosses are dead. Which I find quite fun to do to be honest.

So yeah there are players who are maxed out play for years and know nothing about the dungeons and pvp.
  • MLGProPlayer
    MLGProPlayer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    How on earth have these people gotten this far like that?

There is nothing in the game to challenge them. You can kill Molag Bal, the final boss in the game, with 3 light attacks.

Edited by MLGProPlayer on December 1, 2018 11:45PM
  • Davor
    Davor
    ✭✭✭✭✭

There is nothing in the game to challenge them. You can kill Molag Bal, the final boss in the game, with 3 light attacks.

Making bullet sponges does not make a game more challenging. 3 hits or not, giving more hit points is just making it harder or longer, not challenging.
    Not my quote but I love this saying

"I would pay It for support. But since they choosed we are just numbers and not customers, i dont mind if game and zos goes to oblivion"
  • Gatviper
    Gatviper
    ✭✭✭✭
    Davor wrote: »

Making bullet sponges does not make a game more challenging. 3 hits or not, giving more hit points is just making it harder or longer, not challenging.
    That's why you get the DLC dungeons, where missing the necessary strategy or hard enough dps makes you die on the first hit of a boss. Called "one-shot". 3 hits or not. Makes hit points matter so little. A whole new level of challenging, which makes you think, or just die. A bit overboard as well, maybe.
    Edited by Gatviper on December 2, 2018 2:37AM
    Life is a ride, like days in a train, cities rush by, like ghosts in the night.
    The rhythm of wheels, time fades away, stations of a journey, destination unknown.
  • Sylvermynx
    Sylvermynx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I haven't been here long at all. But the ramp-up from base game dungeons to DLC dungeons.... considering the other games I've played, that seems to indicate that a lot of long-time players put a huge amount of pressure on the devs (probably through the forums) to make "harder content". Because they had been there so long....

Maybe wrong.... but still - if a true case, that's kind of short-sighted in the long run (and in other ways).

I should point out that I spent over a decade playing WoW - where if you planned to do end-game content (long time back now, and I'm well aware the game isn't the same at this current point in time) you needed a specific group setup, and the entire group HAD to get the mechanics right, and the group had to be certain specific classes with specific roles filled.

That's - not what happens here, where 4 DPS can run a boss instance in 4 minutes....
    Edited by Sylvermynx on December 2, 2018 3:05AM
  • Tigerseye
    Tigerseye
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    They're just using anything and everything to run random dungeons for this event.

Therefore, they don't have them geared, can't remember how to play the class (if they ever knew) and probably don't even have a basic build going on, lol.

• Tigerseye
    Tigerseye
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Abigail wrote: »
    This thread is just one more reminder why I avoid group content.

I'm CP-614, haven't done a dungeon in a group since the first month I played this game. I do quests, delves, public dungeons, gather, grind for mats, a few world bosses, Maelstrom Arena, and even some group dungeons. And, yes, I farm dolmens while I'm listening to audio books.

I avoid dungeons for a variety of reasons, not the least of which being the elitist attitude displayed by some here and how casually that contempt manifests itself in group chat.

Really, it's a complete tragedy for y'all that people like me dare to attempt grouping up for a dungeon.

As you probably play one class most of the time (as I do), you would probably be one of the (far) better players during these events.

It's not so much that the players can't play, at all - it's that they're running alts that they don't, normally, play to max their rewards. :)
    Edited by Tigerseye on December 2, 2018 3:54AM
  • Tigerseye
    Tigerseye
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    When I'm tanking, the only time I care about DD positioning is when someone is hanging out way in the back on one of those bosses who jumps to the person whose farthest away.

Those people I just look at and think "I hope you don't mind the boss pouncing on you every single time because there's nothing I can do about it..."

I quite like being pounced on in Normals - it's fun. :D
  • BretonMage
    BretonMage
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    To my recollection, there is nothing that teaches you how to play in a group. I'm mid-500s CP and generally just solo the (normal) dungeons, and this is the first time I've read that you're supposed to stand in front of the healer. If a player has never played a healer before, then I don't see how they're expected to automatically know how they work.
  • r34lian
    r34lian
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lmao had kind of same case yesterday in vet dungeon where I was on my tank and one of dps was max cp who was deliberately running and pulling the boss thinking he was superior so me and healer left him to die and didn't rez him until the fight ended :)
    2000 CP • 18 Maxed Characters • 6 Altmers • 7 Redguards • Necromancer Orc • Warden Dunmer • DK Nord • DK Imperial • Templar Breton
  • Haquor
    Haquor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ackwalan wrote: »
    That might be their "mule" character and while they share their cp with their main, they have no gear and very few skills unlocked.

If they got to level 50 and are high cp then im sure they can level a few class and weapon skills. I mean the best damage skills for most classes are early in the skill trees.

Honestly when i see a high cp player doing nothing but spamming light attacks on a bow i just think they bought an account and have no idea at all. Blows my mind how you could get to lvl 50 on this character and to high cp on your main and not understand the very basics of a class role.
  • Zhaedri
    Zhaedri
    ✭✭✭✭
    Only one of my characters is alright for normal dungeons. The others all have weird gear or builds that need some work. I'm usually an RPer so 'playing the game' isn't my main focus.

That being said, I do try to at least know sort of what I am supposed to do, and try my best at it.

Maybe some people are just lazy?
    @Zhaedri PC NA

• unchainedzulu
    unchainedzulu
    ✭✭✭

.... I will get my event tickets by soloing a couple different normal dungeons.

how? isn't it the random normal that gives you the event tickets?
  • MLGProPlayer
    MLGProPlayer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Davor wrote: »

You can stand in Molag Bal's red for at least 20 hits before dying.
  • spartaxoxo
    spartaxoxo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So like pretty much everyone else I've being running dungeons for the event, and I keep encountering max cp or just very high cp players that play like complete noobs. They have 10-12k health and stand way in the back spamming just one ability and light attacks. How on earth have these people gotten this far like that? One guy was close to max cp with 10k health queued as a tank on a sorc, and dude wasn't even using a damage shield. Guy got sneezed on by a harpy and died.

Also decided to finally roll a healer for this event, which I actually really enjoy playing, and it's like they intentionally avoid all my heals. Why you standing way behind me away from everyone else where my heals can't reach you just stand in the sparklies and flowers man they are there to heal yo squishy 10k hp butt.

Anyways yeah what the heck is up with these people?

People are running alts that were intended for doing things like crafting writs, or holding extra equipment, and not actually built for dungeons.
  • spartaxoxo
    spartaxoxo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ackwalan wrote: »
    That might be their "mule" character and while they share their cp with their main, they have no gear and very few skills unlocked.

Even so they would've had to level that character to 50 for it to display cp so they'd have to have at least SOME skills unlocked right? Or do people just level them through doing crafting writs or something, and then dump all points into just crafting skills?

Bingo.
  • spartaxoxo
    spartaxoxo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Abigail wrote: »
    This thread is just one more reminder why I avoid group content.

I'm CP-614, haven't done a dungeon in a group since the first month I played this game. I do quests, delves, public dungeons, gather, grind for mats, a few world bosses, Maelstrom Arena, and even some group dungeons. And, yes, I farm dolmens while I'm listening to audio books.

I avoid dungeons for a variety of reasons, not the least of which being the elitist attitude displayed by some here and how casually that contempt manifests itself in group chat.

Really, it's a complete tragedy for y'all that people like me dare to attempt grouping up for a dungeon.

If you have done Maelstrom Arena, you aren't the kind of person being referred to in this post. Js
    Edited by spartaxoxo on December 2, 2018 6:40AM
  • mnemoniclights
    mnemoniclights
    ✭✭✭
    I'm CP 632, I have a hard time getting DPS mechanics right that allow me to get over 30K dps. For some people they make mistakes, others don't know what they're doing wrong or forget mechanics of the 34 dungeons we have. For some people it can be overwhelming and stressful, they're trying their best or they're new to the dungeon and when their teammates are just constantly going "get better", "Stop dying", "You suck" etc etc it adds to this stress.

Some people play for fun and will occasionally attempt vet dungeons, some people are legit trying to get better at stuff they're weak at. All I have to say is try to be patient with them and work as a team. If someone is struggling with mechanics explain the mechanics, if someone is having trouble or don't know the optimal way to fight a boss give them advice and help out.

Another good idea on being helpful is if you have the banker assistant you can fill your bank with food and potions that can help.
  • Varana
    Varana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

.... I will get my event tickets by soloing a couple different normal dungeons.

how? isn't it the random normal that gives you the event tickets?

The final boss of your first dungeon - any dungeon - gives you the tickets.

Completing a dungeon through the random queue gives you the Mysterious Boxes.