The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC)

Some players really confuse me

• Alkapton
    Alkapton
    ✭✭✭
    OK I'm cp 1,000 +, BUT my main and all chars have crafted weapon/armor. My main is OK with most Vet dundgeons but all my alts are squishy, lucky if they got a complete back bar. Really I was hoping this event would let me evolve them all to a point where they can vet dungeon - looks like I'll be lucky to evolve two of them. They are not all meant to be dps but thats how I'm playing them unitil thgey are evolved enougth. But I still get kicked in dungeons where I havn't died {yet}.

Weak builds are weak because they have no skills yet.

A good pug seems about as common as a more elietist pug. An event like this maybe yoiu should expect weak builds in pugs? Adds to the sense of achievment? Helps other players?
  • Davor
    Davor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Anyways yeah what the heck is up with these people?

Heaven forbid people play for fun and a long time and are not good at the game. Not everyone is an Internet Sports Jock.
    Not my quote but I love this saying

"I would pay It for support. But since they choosed we are just numbers and not customers, i dont mind if game and zos goes to oblivion"
  • ApostateHobo
    ApostateHobo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Davor wrote: »

Heaven forbid people play for fun and a long time and are not good at the game. Not everyone is an Internet Sports Jock.

I didn't know only people with them leet gamer skillz ate food and used more than a single ability I am shooketh
  • TheShadowScout
    TheShadowScout
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So like pretty much everyone else I've being running dungeons for the event, and I keep encountering max cp or just very high cp players that play like complete noobs...
    A little noobishness could be explainad by casual solo players going into dungeons for the very first time for the event, but... yeah, that much noobieness as described is likely something else.
    They have 10-12k health and stand way in the back spamming just one ability and light attacks. How on earth have these people gotten this far like that?
    I suspect doing -exactly- that at dolmens. Rubberbands and other such things may or may not have been involved.
    Abigail wrote: »
    This thread is just one more reminder why I avoid group content.
    Yeah, or at least the PUGs.
    I know why I have most group content undone on mine... I would do it if I had friends to group with, but... gropupiung with strangers? Even if I were not such a sociophobe I would think twice about that sort of thing, it seems like a good way to get dissapointed in the whole human race...
  • ApostateHobo
    ApostateHobo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Alkapton wrote: »
    OK I'm cp 1,000 +, BUT my main and all chars have crafted weapon/armor. My main is OK with most Vet dundgeons but all my alts are squishy, lucky if they got a complete back bar. Really I was hoping this event would let me evolve them all to a point where they can vet dungeon - looks like I'll be lucky to evolve two of them. They are not all meant to be dps but thats how I'm playing them unitil thgey are evolved enougth. But I still get kicked in dungeons where I havn't died {yet}.

Weak builds are weak because they have no skills yet.

A good pug seems about as common as a more elietist pug. An event like this maybe yoiu should expect weak builds in pugs? Adds to the sense of achievment? Helps other players?

There's nothing wrong with weak builds really, it's the people that are clearly there just to be carried through a normal dungeon spamming snipe from a corner and don't even bother to eat some dang bread lol if you can do ok in vets you're leagues better than the people I'm talking about haha
  • Epona222
    Epona222
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    So like pretty much everyone else I've being running dungeons for the event, and I keep encountering max cp or just very high cp players that play like complete noobs. They have 10-12k health and stand way in the back spamming just one ability and light attacks. How on earth have these people gotten this far like that? One guy was close to max cp with 10k health queued as a tank on a sorc, and dude wasn't even using a damage shield. Guy got sneezed on by a harpy and died.

Also decided to finally roll a healer for this event, which I actually really enjoy playing, and it's like they intentionally avoid all my heals. Why you standing way behind me away from everyone else where my heals can't reach you just stand in the sparklies and flowers man they are there to heal yo squishy 10k hp butt.

It is an event, people are playing it on every character to get reward boxes. That means, like me, they are taking characters that they abandoned 3 years ago, with no CP allocated, and wearing level 40+ gear drops and using similar weapons, into random dungeons, just to get the reward box.

Good for you if you have a full stable of characters who are perfectly kitted out with gear, have CP spent, and for whom you know their role and playstyle. Good for you. If you don't want to do a dungeon with my crafter who wears farming gear, or the character that I forgot about and don't know what skills I have slotted and why, then go into dungeons with a pre-made group of similarly perfectly built and geared characters instead of queuing with the plebs :D
    Edited by Epona222 on December 1, 2018 5:00AM
    GM - Ghost Sea Trading Co - NA PC

Epona was a Romano-Celtic goddess dating back to around 1800 to 2000 years before computer games were invented.
  • Abigail
    Abigail
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Epona222 wrote: »
    It is an event, people are playing it on every character to get reward boxes. That means, like me, they are taking characters that they abandoned 3 years ago, with no CP allocated, and wearing level 40+ gear drops and using similar weapons, into random dungeons, just to get the reward box.

Good for you if you have a full stable of characters who are perfectly kitted out with gear, have CP spent, and for whom you know their role and playstyle. Good for you. If you don't want to do a dungeon with my crafter who wears farming gear, or the character that I forgot about and don't know what skills I have slotted and why, then go into dungeons with a pre-made group of similarly perfectly built and geared characters instead of queuing with the plebs :D

Oh, wow. Much as I detest elitist attitudes, I find your abysmal disregard for other players' time and energies of the lowest order. Honestly, what you need to do is find similar groups of equally scurrilous individuals with whom to run dungeons. I'm sorry if this comes of as offensive, but your post bespeaks of selfishness and greed.

Edit: While ZOS cannot be expected to socially engineer player attitudes, they bear some responsibility for purveying so-called events that foster this kind of behavior.
    Edited by Abigail on December 1, 2018 5:15AM
  • ApostateHobo
    ApostateHobo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So like pretty much everyone else I've being running dungeons for the event, and I keep encountering max cp or just very high cp players that play like complete noobs. They have 10-12k health and stand way in the back spamming just one ability and light attacks. How on earth have these people gotten this far like that? One guy was close to max cp with 10k health queued as a tank on a sorc, and dude wasn't even using a damage shield. Guy got sneezed on by a harpy and died.

Also decided to finally roll a healer for this event, which I actually really enjoy playing, and it's like they intentionally avoid all my heals. Why you standing way behind me away from everyone else where my heals can't reach you just stand in the sparklies and flowers man they are there to heal yo squishy 10k hp butt.

Good for you if you have a full stable of characters who are perfectly kitted out with gear, have CP spent, and for whom you know their role and playstyle. Good for you. If you don't want to do a dungeon with my crafter who wears farming gear, then go into dungeons with a pre-made group of similarly perfectly built and geared characters instead of queuing with the plebs :D

I really don't have perfectly built or geared characters, according to the people on this forum anyway. Heck I have an altmer stamblade if that says anything lmao I just go in actually prepared for the content I guess, and figure others would do that same since you do have to contribute as a group. Also I know literally no one that plays this so forming my own group ain't gonna happen, otherwise I would do that with my dps characters so the queue wouldn't be so long.
  • Jeremy
    Jeremy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

This landscape is so easy on this game players could get to max CP by spamming one ability or light attacks. So that shouldn't surprise you.

As far as your complaints in regard to healing is concerned - I completely agree with you. I've never seen a game that seems so intent on making healing others a pain.

Most healing spells have these annoying area of effects players have to stand in. To make matters worse - they changed the targeting of healing spells (like breath of life) to where you have to look at the player to heal them which is just a nuisance.
    Especially if you move in to try and envelop the whole party in your area of effect which means ranged DPS are likely going to be standing behind you. And let's not even talk about a fight where people are spread about running all over the place. When I do raids it's just comical watching healers begging for everyone to "stack please". I know all to well what they are going through and I sympathize.

I don't know which developer was in charge of designing the healing spells on this game but it's clear to me they have no idea what they are doing. That or they have a personal bias against healing in general. It's just funny how you don't have to be staring at someone to cast a shield on them - or to cast a buff them ... just if you want to heal them. Yeah. That makes sense.
    Edited by Jeremy on December 1, 2018 5:22AM
  • Epona222
    Epona222
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

Oh, wow. Much as I detest elitist attitudes, I find your abysmal disregard for other players' time and energies of the lowest order. Honestly, what you need to do is find similar groups of equally scurrilous individuals with whom to run dungeons. I'm sorry if this comes of as offensive, but your post bespeaks of selfishness and greed.

Edit: While ZOS cannot be expected to socially engineer player attitudes, they bear some responsibility for purveying so-called events that foster this kind of behavior.

We are talking about normal dungeons, aren't we?

And trust me, if it were currently possible to queue with a premade group of 4 and not hit the endless forming group bug, you wouldn't be bothered with my presence.

Also I can solo a lot of normals even wearing chef/farming gear - so you are kicking up a whole lot of fuss about nothing if you think you might have to "carry" me... the only reason I am TRYING to use the buggy dungeon finder tool is because that is the only way to get the reward boxes, otherwise I'd just solo a dungeon and not have to bother you. Sorry if you end up grouped with me *pretend tears*
    Edited by Epona222 on December 1, 2018 5:27AM

Epona was a Romano-Celtic goddess dating back to around 1800 to 2000 years before computer games were invented.
  • Abigail
    Abigail
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I believe we are talking about a cadre of self-entitled players expecting others to carry them because, after all, it is an event.
  • Epona222
    Epona222
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

I believe we are talking about a cadre of self-entitled players expecting others to carry them because, after all, it is an event.

Honey, the word cadre means elite... a group of military officers or some such
    Edited by Epona222 on December 1, 2018 5:31AM

• ApostateHobo
    ApostateHobo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jeremy wrote: »

This landscape is so easy on this game players could get to max CP by spamming one ability or light attacks. So that shouldn't surprise you.

As far as your complaints in regard to healing is concerned - I completely agree with you. I've never seen a game that seems so intent on making healing others a pain.

Most healing spells have these annoying area of effects players have to stand in. To make matters worse - they changed the targeting of healing spells (like breath of life) to where you have to look at the player to heal them which is just a nuisance.
    Especially if you move in to try and envelop the whole party in your area of effect which means ranged DPS are likely going to be standing behind you. And let's not even talk about a fight where people are spread about running all over the place. When I do raids it's just comical watching healers begging for everyone to "stack please". I know all to well what they are going through and I sympathize.

I don't know which developer was in charge of designing the healing spells on this game but it's clear to me they have no idea what they are doing. That or they have a personal bias against healing in general. It's just funny how you don't have to be staring at someone to cast a shield on them - or to cast a buff them ... just if you want to heal them. Yeah. That makes sense.

YES the ranged dps are such a pain to heal because they always stand behind me like why just get on the other side of the boss and stop following behind me dude I can't help you that way XD makes me glad now I'm always smack in the middle of enemies and up the boss's booty on dps so I'm not being a pain to get to lol
  • Abigail
    Abigail
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Honey, the word cadre means elite... a group of military officers or some such

Sweetie, don't presume to correct my grammar.
  • What_In_Tarnation
    What_In_Tarnation
    ✭✭✭✭
    How can people getting triggered so easily. It's just a basic question about your food buff, ability usage and a basic knowledge that you don't stand behind healer.
    fBxQiLk.jpg

You don't need to be a competent player and can still know most of healing comes from AoE/DoT, Heals like breath of life, enchanted growth and healing ward are expensive as heck, you don't want healer spam that *** just because you stand far far away and make healer run out of magicka so easily.
    Edited by What_In_Tarnation on December 1, 2018 5:43AM
  • ApostateHobo
    ApostateHobo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    How can people getting triggered so easily. It's just a basic question about your food buff, ability usage and a basic knowledge that you don't stand behind healer.
    fBxQiLk.jpg

You don't need to be a competent player and can still know most of healing comes from AoE/DoT, Heals like breath of life, enchanted growth and healing ward are expensive as heck, you don't want healer spam that *** just because you stand far far away and make healer run out of magicka so easily.

Exactly! I feel like people on here intentionally misread stuff as being rude or aggressive or something because idk how else anyone would get so worked up and triggered. If it's not that then how do they function irl I feel like everything would offend them in some way o.O
  • MaxJrFTW
    MaxJrFTW
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    This is what happens when people buy accounts. I've met people with over 1000cp who can't block, roll, and are never seen bar swapping.
    "I don't know you, and I don't care to know you."
    ―Ulrich Leland, 3E 433
  • Maryal
    Maryal
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Sometimes I wonder if people do this sort of thing to troll others, you know, to see if someone will write about the experience in the forums.
  • witchdoctor
    witchdoctor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Also decided to finally roll a healer for this event, which I actually really enjoy playing, and it's like they intentionally avoid all my heals. Why you standing way behind me away from everyone else where my heals can't reach you ...

It is amazing the number of people who dodge roll out of glowy gold and flowery goodness, but remain affixed in place in red (unless its Earthgore).

I run ahead of DPS and behind the tank so that I can try to place an Olorime proc in the DPS' path so they at least get 30 seconds of buff.
    When I'm tanking, the only time I care about DD positioning is when someone is hanging out way in the back on one of those bosses who jumps to the person whose farthest away.

Those people I just look at and think "I hope you don't mind the boss pouncing on you every single time because there's nothing I can do about it..."

Until the chorus of 'WTF tank, why you no taunt' begins!!
  • Jameliel
    Jameliel
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I'm CP-614, haven't done a dungeon in a group since the first month I played this game. I do quests, delves, public dungeons, gather, grind for mats, a few world bosses, Maelstrom Arena, and even some group dungeons. And, yes, I farm dolmens while I'm listening to audio books.

I avoid dungeons for a variety of reasons, not the least of which being the elitist attitude displayed by some here and how casually that contempt manifests itself in group chat.

Really, it's a complete tragedy for y'all that people like me dare to attempt grouping up for a dungeon.

This game does have more elitists than on average. It's annoying how they always want everyone to run the same exact builds, same sets etc. They act like if you do a few k less DPS that it's the end of the world. WTF is fun about only playing with one certain rotation and one or two certain sets. Sure I understand if you're trying for high scores or something, but pushing others into cookie cutter boring mode just to squeak out a run 5-10 minutes faster is wack.
  • Aurayna
    Aurayna
    ✭✭✭
    My Nord has a CP of 400 but this is the 1st week I have attempted group dungeons and really are just learning the mechanics of playing in a group. I hope I haven't let anyone down and have tried to do my best at holding my own, but it is what it is.

My high elf, however, tried a dungeon yesterday and she shares the same CP but is not as good as the Nord and died twice in the run. Same player different characters !

I think it's mainly because my Nord actually earnt most of the CP which was then shared with the high elf .

I think that's your answer ! People only play as well as they can and lots whom would normally not go for group dungeons are attempting it because of the Event.

Maybe you could heal them or try and give them some advice and of course have a little patience?

We can't all be superb at doing dungeons or where would be the challenge.

I also have a level 22 Imperial who is quite good at combat and yesterday another player asked to group with me and I accepted. Then he proceeded to run ahead and do his thing leaving me behind ! He obviously had done the delve before but I had to stop to see where I needed to go next.
    When I got to the last bit he finished and just ran out of the delve past me ! So it works both ways !

Players who very familiar with ESO and are at the top of their game are sometimes disdainful of those with lesser abilities and still finding their way . They should remember they were there once
    PC - EU
  • Everstorm
    Everstorm
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    How on earth have these people gotten this far like that?

You don't need to do anything different for your 800th CP as for your 1st. No idea just how much exp is required but running characters through all the solo content one after the other will eventually get you to the cap just fine. Or worse: chaining dolmens. In fact it just gets easier as each CP (over 160) makes you a bit stronger while the content doesn't adjust.

So that question you asked really makes no sense as all it requires is time and perseverance.

Edited by Everstorm on December 1, 2018 9:36AM
  • mxxo
    mxxo
    ✭✭✭✭
    I dont care if someone isnt that good in dungeons... the only thing i dont like is if ppl who are really bad or have no gear or low cp go to vet dungeons. This can make a vet dungeon really painfull.

But in case of this event the problem is not coming from ppl, the problem is by design. Ofc everyone wants to get rewards with some chars. And this often leads to problems.. especcially in inexperienced groups when some low level dd qued as a healer or tank to get finally into a dungeon..
  • Varana
    Varana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    You maybe don't need to be a competent healer but you need to have either played a healer before that (or have a healer tell you). And that is by no means guaranteed.

If you're playing solo, you don't need to bother with healing AoEs. And you're most probably not playing anything healer-like because healers and tanks are only useful in group content.
    That means that you most probably never had to actually look at most of the healing spells or care about their AoE. If you use a class self-heal, you don't have to bother with a resto staff. If you're using Breath of Life, positioning doesn't matter if it's supposed to heal yourself.
    Overland and solo play drive you towards a DD-y playstyle. How group healing works, isn't part of that experience.
    Edited by Varana on December 1, 2018 9:44AM
  • D0PAMINE
    D0PAMINE
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I heal myself with a magic light spear.
  • D0PAMINE
    D0PAMINE
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

I'm CP-614, haven't done a dungeon in a group since the first month I played this game. I do quests, delves, public dungeons, gather, grind for mats, a few world bosses, Maelstrom Arena, and even some group dungeons. And, yes, I farm dolmens while I'm listening to audio books.

I avoid dungeons for a variety of reasons, not the least of which being the elitist attitude displayed by some here and how casually that contempt manifests itself in group chat.

Really, it's a complete tragedy for y'all that people like me dare to attempt grouping up for a dungeon.

I'd group with you
  • Perwulf
    Perwulf
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    May people thought that tickets & mystery boxes can be acquired once per character.
    "Monsters doesn't exist, we create them"
  • xMovingTarget
    xMovingTarget
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I like this thread. Sharing stories! :D I have one too.

So I was in a party. the other DD was really weak. I did like 80% group dmg across the board. trash/bosses. But whatever right? Things died. So it is what it is. All good.
    we did the 2 vPledges. First dungeon was fine. In the 2nd one, the tank DCed midway through. We used the finder to get another tank.
    We eventually got one. Now this is where the fun starts.
    The guy had 920 or so CP. When he arrived at our group, He was running Dualwield. It was strange, but whatever. Lets just go through the dungeon, right?
    It was spindle clutch. We were at the 3 flesh atros.
    This guy, he ran Dualwield/destro staff. Like what??!?! And queues as Tank in vet dungeons...
    I had the aggro all the time from all 3 atros. Struggling to survive. And still hit 75% group DPS.

So I dont mind new players Just not being that good yet. That is no issue. Like the other DD. he was at like 200CP. Which is fine. He still has to learn you know.
    But this guy.. He queued as tank, was a pseudo DD. Did probably less damage than the healer.
    We kicked him before the last boss. Because even after we said "taunt pls" and so, he did not.

And this is the point it got really wierd. He started whispering me.

I am good, you low CP Noob.
    L2P
    and so on

After that he linked me every piece of Boss helm/shoulder in the game for whatever reason and told me how much of a noob I was.

I am 540CP magDK. I was on a 3 year break from ESO. But still manage better than that guy.

At the end he kept swearing at me in french for 30 more minutes. Until he eventually stopped because I just ignored it.

So this is my story from this event.
    the rest I mainly did with a friend group.
  • What_In_Tarnation
    What_In_Tarnation
    ✭✭✭✭
    Varana wrote: »
    You maybe don't need to be a competent healer but you need to have either played a healer before that (or have a healer tell you). And that is by no means guaranteed.

If you're playing solo, you don't need to bother with healing AoEs. And you're most probably not playing anything healer-like because healers and tanks are only useful in group content.
    That means that you most probably never had to actually look at most of the healing spells or care about their AoE. If you use a class self-heal, you don't have to bother with a resto staff. If you're using Breath of Life, positioning doesn't matter if it's supposed to heal yourself.
    Overland and solo play drive you towards a DD-y playstyle. How group healing works, isn't part of that experience.

The funny thing about overland content is, lots of people are doing world bosses and you can even seeing these healer running around healing. See these shiny spells on the ground and flower growth everywhere. I believe lots of players will know "Oh, that might be useful thing to me, like a heal or buff." Like i said, you don't really need to know everything and don't need to be competent at all.

Let's be honest here, Food buff is one of the most basic knowledge thing in this game. Why? Cause this game had been taught you once you hit level 6, provisioning npc even told you how to make a basic food to increase your hp. And I'm not sure about other players here, but when I start playing this game and run out of magicka/stamina in overland, then I'll start thinking why some healing class abilities cost so much, then I learnt from it cause I shouldn't spam it. And how these abilities should works only when I'm in danger.

And when I was a noob, i learnt from other players like you gather adds up and shoot AoE/DoT on them. You don't even need to be in group dungeons/trials. Lots of dailies attracted lots of players. You can even learn things from them.

Ok, let's take a step back. Players don't know how healing works, that's fine. The funny thing is even healer or tank told them there's no need to stand so far away, they'll still stand far away. A typical example/personal experience of mine is Tempest Island dungeon, boss will charged at the player who is pretty far from her. And that 1 player will still stand far away even though we've been tell him so many times after we ressing him. And what did we do? Nothing. We just let him lay on the ground the whole fight, cause it's a mechanic and he didn't even wanna follow it, that's the prize he got. At least that player got a free carry I think.

v2k7Qgu.png
    Edited by What_In_Tarnation on December 1, 2018 11:07AM
  • D0PAMINE
    D0PAMINE
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I like this thread. Sharing stories! :D I have one too.

So I was in a party. the other DD was really weak. I did like 80% group dmg across the board. trash/bosses. But whatever right? Things died. So it is what it is. All good.
    we did the 2 vPledges. First dungeon was fine. In the 2nd one, the tank DCed midway through. We used the finder to get another tank.
    We eventually got one. Now this is where the fun starts.
    The guy had 920 or so CP. When he arrived at our group, He was running Dualwield. It was strange, but whatever. Lets just go through the dungeon, right?
    It was spindle clutch. We were at the 3 flesh atros.
    This guy, he ran Dualwield/destro staff. Like what??!?! And queues as Tank in vet dungeons...
    I had the aggro all the time from all 3 atros. Struggling to survive. And still hit 75% group DPS.

So I dont mind new players Just not being that good yet. That is no issue. Like the other DD. he was at like 200CP. Which is fine. He still has to learn you know.
    But this guy.. He queued as tank, was a pseudo DD. Did probably less damage than the healer.
    We kicked him before the last boss. Because even after we said "taunt pls" and so, he did not.

And this is the point it got really wierd. He started whispering me.

I am good, you low CP Noob.
    L2P
    and so on

After that he linked me every piece of Boss helm/shoulder in the game for whatever reason and told me how much of a noob I was.

I am 540CP magDK. I was on a 3 year break from ESO. But still manage better than that guy.

At the end he kept swearing at me in french for 30 more minutes. Until he eventually stopped because I just ignored it.

So this is my story from this event.
    the rest I mainly did with a friend group.

I love hate whispers. I post facts about the planet Venus. What they say gets pushed up as soon as they post it because I type very quickly. Sometimes I mail them fake rewards of the Worthy too.