The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

What if group finder isn't actually broken?

TheGreatBlackBear
TheGreatBlackBear
✭✭✭✭✭
Maybe someone in your group is trolling by declining the invitation. You can't say with certainty what someone else is doing.
  • EvilAutoTech
    EvilAutoTech
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    And maybe there is no lag in Cyrodiil.
  • Merlin13KAGL
    Merlin13KAGL
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yes, because that would help everyone get what they're after in the event.

Gratz. This may be the dumbest thread so far today.

-2/10 troll attempt.
    Just because you don't like the way something is doesn't necessarily make it wrong...

Earn it.

IRL'ing for a while for assorted reasons, in forum, and in game.
    I am neither warm, nor fuzzy...
    Probably has checkbox on Customer Service profile that say High Aggro, 99% immunity to BS
  • The Uninvited
    The Uninvited
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Is there lag in Cyrodiil? How dare they, this must be fixed! B)
    Pandora's Promise (rip) | LND | Pactriotic | IKnowWhatUDidLastWinter's | The Uninvited |

Ride the paranoia | All life is pain | Only the grave is real
  • TheGreatBlackBear
    TheGreatBlackBear
    ✭✭✭✭✭

-2/10 troll attempt.

If what they're after is watching the world burn then yes it would definitely accomplish that.
  • Merlin13KAGL
    Merlin13KAGL
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

-2/10 troll attempt.

If what they're after is watching the world burn then yes it would definitely accomplish that.

Changing it to -3/10, because no one's this stupid unless it's on purpose.
    Just because you don't like the way something is doesn't necessarily make it wrong...

Earn it.

Probably has checkbox on Customer Service profile that say High Aggro, 99% immunity to BS
  • TheGreatBlackBear
    TheGreatBlackBear
    ✭✭✭✭✭

-2/10 troll attempt.

Of course it's not on purpose. I'm accidentally idiotic. But in all seriousness though we could be grouped together and if I keep declining or if I'm afk it'll fail and you wouldn't know that it's me holding you back. You'd just blame ZoS
  • Jimmy
    Jimmy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's not broken. It worked completely fine for me all night last night across all my characters.
    PC NA
    @SkruDe
  • Merlin13KAGL
    Merlin13KAGL
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Clearly you two are made for each other.

Earn it.

• xxthir13enxx
    xxthir13enxx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    tenor.gif?itemid=5666141
  • Merlin13KAGL
    Merlin13KAGL
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

-2/10 troll attempt.

Of course it's not on purpose. I'm accidentally idiotic. But in all seriousness though we could be grouped together and if I keep declining or if I'm afk it'll fail and you wouldn't know that it's me holding you back. You'd just blame ZoS
    Except for the part where you wait for the other three to visibly show the successful ready check in the upper right, ready'ing up yourself last followed by repeated failure. Unless you're trolling yourself, and don't realize that's what you're doing.

If you're going to try to White Knight, at least put on some armor...a cardboard box, something...

Earn it.

• Sparr0w
    Sparr0w
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Didn't this bug used to happen when someone accepted the invite twice without knowing it?
    @Sparr0w so I get the notification
    Xbox (EU) - l Sparrow x | CP 810+
    DD: All Mag + Stam
    Heal: Templar | Sorc | NB | Warden | Necro
    Tank: NB | DK | Warden
    Completions: All HM's + TTT + IR + GH
    PC (EU) - Sparrxw | CP 810+
    DD: All Mag + Stam
    Heal: Templar | Sorc
    Tank: DK | NB
    Completions: All HM's + TTT + IR + GH + GS
  • Agenericname
    Agenericname
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Maybe someone in your group is trolling by declining the invitation. You can't say with certainty what someone else is doing.

It seems more unlikely that enough "trolls" coordinated an effort to make this happen in a manner that is this widespread?

In a group last night, on voice comms, we tried everyone but me accepting. The ready check showed everyone but me as having accepted. With 30 seconds left on the timer and without touching any button I mysteriously declined.

It's not functioning properly.
  • Danikat
    Danikat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So someone in my guild saw that people were forming groups to do a random dungeon and decided to join one of those groups purely so they could keep declining the invite and prevent their own guild mates from getting in? Then later on another person did the exact same thing, in the same guild?

Why?

I realise trolls will do some truly pointless things and often end up wasting more of their own time than anyone else's but even by that standard it's difficult to believe anyone would do that.

(And no it can't be that they didn't notice or didn't know how to confirm even with a giant flashing box in the middle of the screen telling them which key to press - because we were all letting each other know in chat when we'd done it and it still said someone declined.)
    PC EU player | She/her/hers | PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

"Remember in this game we call life that no one said it's fair"
  • Fleshreaper
    Fleshreaper
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I had two characters que with no problem. The other two had problems, one character was in combat when the que popped. The other was deconning stuff when the que popped. Both times I logged out, logged back in and then made sure I was not in combat or interacting with anything. Worked just fine then.
  • randomkeyhits
    randomkeyhits
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What happens if the queue pops while you are in a loading screen?,

that could easily expire before you gained control again
    EU PS4
  • Fischblut
    Fischblut
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

When somebody from premade group declines, whole group exits the queue and group leader has to manually start queue again - if I remember correctly.

Also, group finder most often fails at the "Forming Group" - and this phase is only after all 4 members successfully passed "Ready check". It's not possible to get into "Forming Group" phase if somebody declined the "Ready Check". I always say that it's some mysterious 5th member who declines the invite and this member is Group Finder itself... But yesterday somebody had very simple and logical explanation for this :D

OfI4jpP.jpg
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Can't be a troll, since the person who keeps declining the invite is one of the DDs. Sitting in Damage Dealer queue just to troll takes a LOT of dedication.
  • NordSwordnBoard
    NordSwordnBoard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    It's the fake tanks, obviously. They want people at their wit's end so they just accept the group as is.

On PS4 I got in two normals as tank, one vet as healer one vet as tank. A few declines here and there, but overall less than 3 minutes to get a group each time.
    Fear is the Mindkiller
  • Reistr_the_Unbroken
    Reistr_the_Unbroken
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Fischblut wrote: »

When somebody from premade group declines, whole group exits the queue and group leader has to manually start queue again - if I remember correctly.

Also, group finder most often fails at the "Forming Group" - and this phase is only after all 4 members successfully passed "Ready check". It's not possible to get into "Forming Group" phase if somebody declined the "Ready Check". I always say that it's some mysterious 5th member who declines the invite and this member is Group Finder itself... But yesterday somebody had very simple and logical explanation for this :D

OfI4jpP.jpg
    “The bosses are not ready” 10/10 best quote
  • Hoolielulu
    Hoolielulu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What if we're in a matrix within a matrix?
  • Danikat
    Danikat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's the fake tanks, obviously. They want people at their wit's end so they just accept the group as is.

On PS4 I got in two normals as tank, one vet as healer one vet as tank. A few declines here and there, but overall less than 3 minutes to get a group each time.

From what I've seen on the forum it seems to be mainly affecting PC EU and to a lesser extent PC NA.
    PC EU player | She/her/hers | PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

"Remember in this game we call life that no one said it's fair"
  • GreenhaloX
    GreenhaloX
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Ha ha ha
  • redlink1979
    redlink1979
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Yesterday I used the activity finder to do daily dungeon run with 6 chars and it was actually very quick to find a group. I'm on PS4 EU server.
    "Sweet Mother, sweet Mother, send your child unto me, for the sins of the unworthy must be baptized in blood and fear"
    • Sons of the Night Mother [PS5][EU] 2165 CP
    • Daggerfall's Mightiest [PS5][NA] 1910 CP
    • SweetTrolls [PC][EU] 1950 CP
    • Bacon Rats [PC][NA] 1850 CP
  • socivL
    socivL
    ✭✭✭
    what if the next patch is ESO 76
    2 templars - 1 cup
  • xxthir13enxx
    xxthir13enxx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The Earth is Flat!!!!

Flat_Earth_Society_Logo.png
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Fischblut wrote: »

OfI4jpP.jpg
    “The bosses are not ready” 10/10 best quote

Molag Kena has to put her makeup on.
  • GreenhaloX
    GreenhaloX
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well, when I queue as a dd, it's typically from 15 to 30 mins (or more), but when I queue in with my tank (yes, real ones..), it's almost instant to maybe a min or two. Broken.. I don't know. Needs rework, I think it can use it. It's a long wait when you queue in as a dd because dds are a dime a dozen, but there aren't as many tanks or healers. So, as a dd, you're left waiting for the grouping tool to wait for a tank or healer to queue.

Perhaps, they can change it to, "Do you wish to wait for a tank or healer?) if not, it should be a faster queue. Going into any dungeon without a tank or healer or all dds is fine; given the dds can self-sustain healing. Resolving Vigor, Breath of Life, Retribution, for example, are very good heal from dd for the group.
  • socivL
    socivL
    ✭✭✭
    The Earth is Flat!!!!

Flat_Earth_Society_Logo.png

what if a beveled earth is not a flat earth ?
    2 templars - 1 cup
  • Tan9oSuccka
    Tan9oSuccka
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    The 20 billion DPS guys say it’s broken. :)

Works fine for my healers and tanks.
    Of course I like steak. I'm a Nord, aren't I?
    -Berj Stoneheart
  • Banana
    Banana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It happens every year with every event. 5 year old stuff is overwhelmed.