The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

What if group finder isn't actually broken?

• Tsute
    Tsute
    ✭✭✭
    What if I told you, that the game is not as it appeared? You believe that you are playing every day, when you do your writs, when you run your boss dailies, when you pay your guild dues. But this only blinds you from the truth.
  • Odovacar
    Odovacar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    DPS average wait time (at least for me) on PS4-NA is around 10-15 minutes. I did wait for around 30 minutes when I first logged in last night but I re-Q'd and was ready within 5-10 minutes or so. Not much longer than any other time of the year, but you can tell its taking some time. Just get some busy work done in between. Happy hunting folks.
  • Varana
    Varana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    The overwhelming majority of complaints about the DF not working don't have anything to do with waiting times for the first ready check.
  • Danikat
    Danikat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The 20 billion DPS guys say it’s broken. :)

Works fine for my healers and tanks.

Either you were lucky or I was unlucky. I tried queuing as a healer twice and after 30-40 minutes I gave up.

I was eventually able to get in with a pre-made guild group but that also involved a lot of trying and failing when it told us someone had declined during the 'forming a group' phase.

In total my evening went:
    1) Log in
    2) Form a group with guild members
    3) Try repeatedly to get into the dungeon and get told after the ready check that someone had declined
    4) Give up and queue solo
    5) Give up after 30 minutes because I had to go eat
    6) Queue solo again.
    7) Give up after 40 minutes and form another guild group
    8) Get in on about the 6th round of ready checks and forming a group
    9) Do the dungeon in less time than it took to get through step 8.
    10) Revise my plan to do dungeons every day back down to 'I'll do the bare minimum to get my feather"

Admittedly I very rarely use the group finder as the message I get from the forum is people like me are not welcome in PUGs, so I don't know how long it normally takes. But I find it hard to believe there were so few people trying that it took more than 40 minutes for the game to find a space for me to heal.
    Edited by Danikat on November 30, 2018 3:58PM
    PC EU player | She/her/hers | PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

"Remember in this game we call life that no one said it's fair"
  • Agenericname
    Agenericname
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Danikat wrote: »

Either you were lucky or I was unlucky. I tried queuing as a healer twice and after 30-40 minutes I gave up.

I was eventually able to get in with a pre-made guild group but that also involved a lot of trying and failing when it told us someone had declined during the 'forming a group' phase.

1) Log in
    3) Try repeatedly to get into the dungeon and get told after the ready check that someone had declined
    6) Queue solo again.
    10) Revise my plan to do dungeons every day back down to 'I'll do the bare minimum to get my feather"

Admittedly I very rarely use the group finder as the message I get from the forum is people like me are not welcome in PUGs, so I don't know how long it normally takes. But I find it hard to believe there were so few people trying that it took more than 40 minutes for the game to find a space for me to heal.

You can get the feathers by forming your group and traveling to the dungeon. There's no need to use the RDF for that.

The tickets wont be an issue, the boxes are tied to the RDF though.
  • Tan9oSuccka
    Tan9oSuccka
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Danikat wrote: »

1) Log in
    6) Queue solo again.

It could be broken for premades, not sure. Most of my friends moved on or are in Cyrodiil.

I’ve had great interactions so far. Twice people waited for me on quest dialog on a lowbie toon.
    Of course I like steak. I'm a Nord, aren't I?
    -Berj Stoneheart
  • wenchmore420b14_ESO
    wenchmore420b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Maybe someone in your group is trolling by declining the invitation. You can't say with certainty what someone else is doing.

Ok. So by this rational, you are saying, that thousands upon thousands of people across 3 platforms using GDF has a group of hundreds & thousands of grieving trolls, purposely declining grouping, taking 24hr shifts, over 4 years, on all platforms, NA & EU?
    This has been a issue since launch. A quick search of forum threads will show you hundred threads about this with a 100k responses. So all of them are being trolled?
    Thank you for the best laugh I have had for a LONG time!! :)
    Huzzah!!!
    Drakon Koryn~Oryndill, Rogue~Mage,- CP ~Doesn't matter any more
    NA / PC Beta Member since Nov 2013
    GM~Conclave-of-Shadows, EP Social Guild, ~Proud member of: The Wandering Merchants, Phoenix Rising, Imperial Trade Union & Celestials of Nirn
    Sister Guilds with: Coroner's Report, Children of Skyrim, Sunshine Daydream, Tamriel Fisheries, Knights Arcanum and more
    "Not All Who Wander are Lost"
    #MOREHOUSINGSLOTS
    “When the people that can make the company more successful are sales and marketing people, they end up running the companies. The product people get driven out of the decision making forums, and the companies forget what it means to make great products.”

_Steve Jobs (The Lost Interview)
  • TheGreatBlackBear
    TheGreatBlackBear
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Maybe someone in your group is trolling by declining the invitation. You can't say with certainty what someone else is doing.

Ok. So by this rational, you are saying, that thousands upon thousands of people across 3 platforms using GDF has a group of hundreds & thousands of grieving trolls, purposely declining grouping, taking 24hr shifts, over 4 years, on all platforms, NA & EU?
    This has been a issue since launch. A quick search of forum threads will show you hundred threads about this with a 100k responses. So all of them are being trolled?
    Thank you for the best laugh I have had for a LONG time!! :)
    Huzzah!!!

You're welcome. Laughter is good.
  • Grollok76
    Grollok76
    ✭✭✭✭
    As is thinking before starting a thread like this one <3
  • Merlin13KAGL
    Merlin13KAGL
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    You do realize he's farming stars?

Poorly, albeit, but farming stars, nonetheless.
    Just because you don't like the way something is doesn't necessarily make it wrong...

Earn it.

IRL'ing for a while for assorted reasons, in forum, and in game.
    I am neither warm, nor fuzzy...
    Probably has checkbox on Customer Service profile that say High Aggro, 99% immunity to BS
  • Odovacar
    Odovacar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    No way in H*** OP. It's much easier to get a laugh by standing at an outfit station and throw mud balls at other characters before they click >:)>:)
  • Alinhbo_Tyaka
    Alinhbo_Tyaka
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think there are a couple of issues one of which is a problem the other not. There are people in 4 person premades being dropped with the someone declined message. I think this is a bug.

For solo or partial groups I think the finder just takes so much time they go off and do something else. When they are finally grouped they never respond to the ready message because they are AFK. With an event like this I could see a large number of AFK's while waiting due to the higher number of players participating. It would be compounded if they see they were dropped, re-queue and AFK while waiting again. This is not a problem with the group finder but player themselves.
  • abzdeman
    abzdeman
    ✭✭✭
    Nice try