The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of May 6:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – May 6, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)

Dungeon Finder not working!!!

• Lumenn
    Lumenn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I can't help but wonder if there's one tech guy stuck in the basement looking at hundred of miles of twisted cables mumbling to himself " I TOLD them it couldn't handle the load. I TOLD them to wait on the event, it wasn't ready, but NOOO it'll be fine they said.....
    Options
  • DarkCrusader
    DarkCrusader
    Soul Shriven
    @ZOS_GinaBruno this is a joke right? Like hey let’s see if we can sabotage this event but still keep everyone interested?
    Options
  • Enigmatic
    Enigmatic
    ✭✭✭
    So after being able to queue for 2-3 dungeons this morning the activity finder is back to being flat out broken.
    1. Queue on healer
    2. Accept invite to join queue
    3. Get to group forms stage; then get someone declined
    4. End up getting stuck in "Ready Check" status
    5. Give up

Will anything be said @ZOS_GinaBruno or @ZOS_JessicaFolsom ?
    Options
  • Codeman1976
    Codeman1976
    ✭✭✭
    [PS4] [NA] We have tried many times to que for the random daily dungeon solo and in a group. We keep getting the continuous pattern of ready checking and then the message saying someone in the group declined which is not true. It is frustrating for all parties involved when time and again we cannot participate in such events because of the constant problems plaguing the game. It seems counterintuitive to put together an event that has us using things like the grouping tool that doesn’t work during normal hours with no event in the first place. Unfortunately, most of us can only play during peak hours when these problems are most likely to occur. So, in the future, let us participate in such activities that doesn’t require everyone to use broken tools to qualify for said activities.
    Thank you
    Codeman1976
    PS4 NA
    Codeman1976
    Options
  • THEMourningLily
    THEMourningLily
    ✭✭✭
    And our premade group of 4 is currently unable to queue.... They need to add some additional days to this event to make up for all the snafu's. This is ridiculous. They know the dungeon finder does not work consistently, why in the actual hell would you tie a broken game mechanic to a limited time event??
    Edited by THEMourningLily on December 3, 2018 4:08AM
    Options
  • BuddyAces
    BuddyAces
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    My toons are completely borked today. I, myself, can not Q for a dungeon. I have to be in a group with someone else as a leader to be able to do em today, tested a couple toons and same story across the board. I'm sure this has been posted, but as much as I'd love to read a 30 page thread about the issue, I haven't.
    They nerfed magsorcs so hard stamsorcs felt it,lol - Somber97866

I'm blown away by the utter stupidity I see here on the daily. - Wrekkedd
    Options
  • DaveMoeDee
    DaveMoeDee
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Queue working great for us tonight. Preformed 4-person group running normals on PC/NA. A few fake declines, but we got in after a minute twice in a row.
    Edited by DaveMoeDee on December 3, 2018 4:12AM
    Options
  • Bobby_V_Rockit
    Bobby_V_Rockit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Been working well for me, queued as a DPS and max wait of 10 minutes. No problems :)
    Options
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_SarahHecker

PC/NA and EU

Have received the same issue with a full group queuing and it saying someone declined, which they did not, and putting us back in the queue. Each time it goes, In Queue, Ready Check, Forming Group, then someone declined message then repeat.

I have also received a message that I cannot queue at this time. This can go on for awhile.

First time, after receiving the message a few times I changed Zones and was able to queue.

Second time I tried changing zones and that did not work. A few minutes later I was able to.

Third time I got the message once.

With both issues it appears the system is not able to handle the load as it seems to happen mostly during peak times for that server. This does not mean it is a hardware issue as it is likely an issue with the design at the code level.

Edit: I am not on Steam and I am the one who queues the group each time.
    Edited by idk on December 3, 2018 7:03AM
    Options
  • Chufu
    Chufu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    On EU it worked pretty well for me the last two days, doesn't matter if I queued alone or as a 4 player group. The only problem we always had in the evening was the message "At the moment you can't use the dungeonfinder". But after just smashing the button, the ready check popped up and we could accept and were ported in.

Of course I am sorry for all of you that can't queue! I just wonder why some have a problem and some not since the patch.
    Options
  • Zypheran
    Zypheran
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Lalayla wrote: »
    Lalayla wrote: »
    ZOS is amazing. They stream their own content, play it, know the classes and how they work together, and have an in depth knowledge of the mechanics of the hardest content in the game. Certainly can not be said of some other MMOs.

its a sarcasm isnt it?

Not even a little bit of sarcasm. Try playing a game where the devs don't even play the classes, they create dungeons, raids, and mechanics that they have never run, and won't ever run. A game where they make massive class changes, but none of the developers even play any of those classes. Then you'll understand frustration.

I've been playing this game for a year now, and I find that the Community Managers and developers communicates class changes clearly, *and* gives reasons for those changes. They have patch notes that clearly lay out changes, instead of hiding things they change from the playerbase. They answer questions, and have an entire group of players on a special council to give class feedback. And, they play, and stream their own game often. That's impressive to me. Big time.

Have you ever watched a Bethesda stream where 12 devs from ZOS do the hardest raids in the game, or Vet HM runs of 4 man content, or VMA? It's obvious they care about the game, know the classes, and how they work together. It's a vast improvement over what I'm used to - and both educating, and entertaining to watch on Twitch.

When a business has to defend itself by pointing to the fact that some of the competition is even worse, it's a bad sign!
    All my housing builds are available on YouTube
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCf3oJ_cxuu01HmWZJZ6KK6g?view_as=subscriber
    I am happy to share the EHT save files for most of my builds.
    Options
  • Oberstein
    Oberstein
    ✭✭✭
    Unable to queue, is this the fix? Why can't everyone just press and join dungeon peacefully without any problem. Somebody is not doing his job right. FIRE HIM!.
    History, like a human being, is thirsty when it wakes from its slumber…History wants to drink up an enormous amount of blood. And even if history has tired of drinking blood, that’s only in regards to the amount. But what about quality? The larger the sacrifice is, the more delighted the cruel gods will be.
    Options
  • Cambruin
    Cambruin
    ✭✭✭
    This is false advertising and they should be sued over it.
    Options
  • Sanctuary_Reaper
    Sanctuary_Reaper
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    PC-EU

Everytime i click join queue i get a message up saying "unable to queue at this time" have they taken dungeon finder off or something?

Really frustrating.
    Options
  • Malem_Benign
    Malem_Benign
    ✭✭✭
    Oberstein wrote: »
    Unable to queue, is this the fix? Why can't everyone just press and join dungeon peacefully without any problem. Somebody is not doing his job right. FIRE HIM!.

Looks like it's already done and that's the problem why there is no job done. :smile:
    Options
  • Katheriah
    Katheriah
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Kaputttt...

No issues Saturday + Sunday. Did it on 15 chars then.

Decided that today I'd do the same in the hope that I'd finally get something worthwhile from the boxes. It took me frigging over an hour to get in one dungeon.
    Options
  • Gralor
    Gralor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Group Finder is still not working when it comes to Battlegrounds.

LsjhJ4D.png

1st: Your so called “fix” for the group finder to just shut out players entirely is dirt cheap and you know it.

m34bnXW.jpg

2nd: Even if you manage to get in eventually, you’ll still face countless error messages. The screenshot was taken 10 min. ago and your game is still puking the same message right now.
    Options
  • zula_the_bear
    zula_the_bear
    ✭✭
    Trying to queue is infuriating. The fact that the queue system hasn't been fixed after 4+ years is absolutely inexcusable. The event itself should be reworked to be tied to pledges and extended.
    Options
  • ThorinOakenshield86
    Unable to queue at this time Unable to queue at this time Unable to queue at this time Unable to queue at this time Unable to queue at this time Unable to queue at this time Unable to queue at this time Unable to queue at this time Unable to queue at this time Unable to queue at this time Unable to queue at this time Unable to queue at this time Unable to queue at this time Unable to queue at this time Unable to queue at this time Unable to queue at this time Unable to queue at this time Unable to queue at this time Unable to queue at this time Unable to queue at this time Unable to queue at this time Unable to queue at this time Unable to queue at this time Unable to queue at this time Unable to queue at this time Unable to queue at this time
    Someone declined the invite Someone declined the invite Someone declined the invite Someone declined the invite Someone declined the invite Someone declined the invite Someone declined the invite Someone declined the invite Someone declined the invite Someone declined the invite Someone declined the invite Someone declined the invite Someone declined the invite Someone declined the invite Someone declined the invite Someone declined the invite Someone declined the invite Someone declined the invite Someone declined the invite Someone declined the invite Someone declined the invite Someone declined the invite Someone declined the invite Someone declined the invite Someone declined the invite Someone declined the invite

Seriously, I start looking for other game to replace the elder bugs online. You guys are so dud and can't fix anything. I can't trust you anymore. You don't deserve people to pay you for eso plus anymore.
    Options
  • Aelendil
    Aelendil
    ✭✭
    PC-EU
    Server: EU
    Guild: Het Vreemdelingen Legioen
    Account Name: @arieblom
    Characters: Aelendil Lv50 Nightblade, Temael Lv50 Templar, Sorcael Lv50 Sorcerer, Wardael Lv50 Warden

Options
  • FreshlyB8ked
    FreshlyB8ked
    ✭✭✭✭
    It's clear they are done addressing this issue. Even if they do, let's not pretend that this hasn't been an issue for years now.
    An update on this should have been the first thing out of them this morning, but instead we were treated with a crown store preview.
    Why on earth would you link rewards to a system you know isn't working?
    Options
  • FlyingSwan
    FlyingSwan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's clear they are done addressing this issue. Even if they do, let's not pretend that this hasn't been an issue for years now.
    An update on this should have been the first thing out of them this morning, but instead we were treated with a crown store preview.

ZOS don't care if the game works or not, they care if the Cash Shop is up and bursting to the gills with tawdry trinkets.

I doubt this thread will even be revisited by a token forum drone. The event will soon end and the fact a key tool in the game is broken can be swept under the carpet for another year. Meanwhile the forums will become filled with complaints about balance, thereby diverting from the fact that we're still waiting for the game to exit beta-testing 4 years after so-called 'release'
    Edited by FlyingSwan on December 3, 2018 8:56PM
    Options
  • Bhaal5
    Bhaal5
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    FlyingSwan wrote: »

ZOS don't care if the game works or not, they care if the Cash Shop is up and bursting to the gills with tawdry trinkets.

I doubt this thread will even be revisited by a token forum drone. The event will soon end and the fact a key tool in the game is broken can be swept under the carpet for another year. Meanwhile the forums will become filled with complaints about balance, thereby diverting from the fact that we're still waiting for the game to exit beta-testing 4 years after so-called 'release'

Pretty much spot on, this thread will go along side the one similar last year which, until this date, Nothings has been done.

Lets give zos a little christmas gift by cancelling your subscription, not buying any crowns and leaving the "christmas showcase" alone. Maybe in the new year they may fix something.
    Options
  • Sanctuary_Reaper
    Sanctuary_Reaper
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I must say @ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_JessicaFolsom @ZOS_Wrobel

This new and improved communication with the community that was spoken of in a previous post, is so good, it's almost like it used to be, just even worse.
    Options
  • Thrasher91604
    Thrasher91604
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Solution for me was to spam the join queue button until it worked.

Terribly *** design ZoS.
    Options
  • FlyingSwan
    FlyingSwan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bhaal5 wrote: »

Pretty much spot on, this thread will go along side the one similar last year which, until this date, Nothings has been done.

Lets give zos a little christmas gift by cancelling your subscription, not buying any crowns and leaving the "christmas showcase" alone. Maybe in the new year they may fix something.

Yup. I used to sub for 6 months at a time but last time it came up for renewal (about 14 months ago now) I didn't renew it. I essentially like the game, but ZOS manage it so badly and with such little respect for the customer, that they don't deserve a penny from me. No Crowns, no sub, no Crown Store tat, no nothing from me.
    Options
  • weedgenius
    weedgenius
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I doubt this thread will even be revisited by a token forum drone. The event will soon end and the fact a key tool in the game is broken can be swept under the carpet for another year.
    I wasn't playing at the time so I just did a quick forum search. Sure enough, November/December 2017:
    Break your queue system during event that needs the queue
    Random queues PS4, Still broken.. extend event?
    Dungeon Finder is not working
    Dungeon Finder Broke already (first comment: "This has been happening for many months." :lol:)
    etc...
    They event had an emergency group finder fix maintenance! Talk about deja vu.
    Update on Grouping Issues, Mysterious Reward Boxes & Maintenance Announcement

Did they just cross their fingers and hope that this time all those problems wouldn't happen? Or maybe they made (futile) changes on the back end that they hoped would rectify this problem sometime in the last year...
    PS4 NA
    Better Homes & Gardens
    Options
  • Jazz_Funk
    Jazz_Funk
    ✭✭✭
    Since this game started Group Finder has had issues. A lot was done to improve it but it has never been stable. For ZOS to even consider basing an event on it was crazy and a disaster waiting to happen. No one should be surprised at the hit and miss end result.
    Options
  • Jaraal
    Jaraal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I doubt this thread will even be revisited by a token forum drone. The event will soon end and the fact a key tool in the game is broken can be swept under the carpet for another year.

This reminds me of the outcry over the giant nag ads upon login. People got tired of complaining about them and now everybody just accepts them. They are waiting for people to get tired of complaining about the broken group finder, and hoping to soon put this issue to bed for another year.

RIP Bosmer Nation. 4/4/14 - 2/25/19.
    Options
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    After about 10x getting the message we cannot queue at this time, and then going through the cycle of forming group, back in queue, etc. I realized what I stated before seems to be correct.

Before I hypothesized that the issue with the queue is the related server is overloaded.

I realized tonight that the quasi fix Zos implemented a few days ago was to prevent a total overload of the queue hence we get blocked from queueing.

So the question is, will Zos actually fix this?
    Options