The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Update on Grouping Issues, Mysterious Reward Boxes & Maintenance Announcement

ZOS_GinaBruno
ZOS_GinaBruno
Community Manager
In order to address the grouping issues encountered since the dungeon event began, we're planning to bring all megaservers down for maintenance tomorrow morning beginning at 6am EST. The plan is to fix various issues relating to grouping caused by such a large number of players using the system including being unable to leave or disband a group, pass lead to another player, queue for a dungeon through the Grouping Tool, or the UI stating someone has declined a group even if everyone has accepted.

Due to the type of fix this entails, we're also planning to publish the Xbox One incremental patch during the maintenance time. Included in this patch is the fix for the long loading screen issue.

For those that have been attempting to run through a random daily dungeon today, or already completed the random daily dungeon prior to 10am EST this morning, we’ll make sure you receive your extra sweepstakes entry (if you meet eligibility) and are looking into how to send your Mysterious Reward Box.

We apologize for the frustration this may have caused, and appreciate your patience.
Gina Bruno
Senior Community Manager
Dev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter | My Twitter
Staff Post
  • Turelus
    Turelus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nice. We be glad get through them faster tomorrow. 14 characters was a mistake. :sweat_smile:
    @Turelus - EU PC Megaserver
    "Don't count on others for help. In the end each of us is in this alone. The survivors are those who know how to look out for themselves."
  • Woeler
    Woeler
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Also, my loot log is showing me I got a costume that I already own from a box. Thought that was not supposed to happen?
  • ak_pvp
    ak_pvp
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    It seems to be working great off peak time, and grouping issues have gotten better.

I have a question though, what does "looking into how to send your Mysterious Reward Box." entail. If I have 8 chars but could only get through 4 of them would I be given the extra boxes. Or would I have had to que and fail on the others to receive it?
    MagDK main. PC/EU @AK-ESO
    Best houseknight EU.
  • Goddess_Althena
    Goddess_Althena
    ✭✭✭
    Did two accounts, 8 characters each on PS4 and had no problems grouping. Does PS4 really need maintenance? Also can't help but notice that the downtime is scheduled at exactly 20 hours after the event went live which is reset time for all the randoms...
  • Bhaal5
    Bhaal5
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    In order to address the grouping issues encountered since the dungeon event began, we're planning to bring all megaservers down for maintenance tomorrow morning beginning at 6am EST. The plan is to fix various issues relating to grouping caused by such a large number of players using the system including being unable to leave or disband a group, pass lead to another player, queue for a dungeon through the Grouping Tool, or the UI stating someone has declined a group even if everyone has accepted.

Due to the type of fix this entails, we're also planning to publish the Xbox One incremental patch during the maintenance time. Included in this patch is the fix for the long loading screen issue.

For those that have been attempting to run through a random daily dungeon today, or already completed the random daily dungeon prior to 10am EST this morning, we’ll make sure you receive your extra sweepstakes entry (if you meet eligibility) and are looking into how to send your Mysterious Reward Box.

We apologize for the frustration this may have caused, and appreciate your patience.

Not only Australia cant enter the sweepstakes we get this in our peak time. How about do it at 6pm est? Make it fair for us down under for a change?
  • Shunq
    Shunq
    ✭✭
    you sound like a bank during the crisis... "grouping caused by such a large number of players" during a grouping event... wow, it'a like saying we'll give 1 gold to each of you, wait did just everyone just want one gold? we don't have that much gold :)). yeah, keep disappointing us...
  • Left4Daud
    Left4Daud
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Woeler wrote: »
    Also, my loot log is showing me I got a costume that I already own from a box. Thought that was not supposed to happen?

@ZOS_GinaBruno

Would you be able to give an official comment on this? As @Woeler has mentioned, rewards boxes ARE dropping duplicates, they are just hidden by the vanilla UI which is frustrating for those of us who own some of these collectibles.
  • mdylan2013
    mdylan2013
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Also no issues on PS4
    PS4/EU
    CP-1300+
    PSN - LookoutLuke
    15 Max level toons
    PVE/PVP
  • KrishakPanettier
    KrishakPanettier
    ✭✭✭
    ak_pvp wrote: »
    I have a question though, what does "looking into how to send your Mysterious Reward Box." entail. If I have 8 chars but could only get through 4 of them would I be given the extra boxes. Or would I have had to que and fail on the others to receive it?

Your situation isn't addressed in the announcement. Announcement says, "For those that have been attempting to run through a random daily dungeon today, or already completed the random daily dungeon prior to 10am EST this morning."

Having additional characters that you didn't queue for the random dungeon Today or didn't complete a random daily dungeon prior to 10am this morning doesn't qualify under the Notice.

So, you would have had to que and fail for the sweepstakes entry. Receiving additional reward boxes is a completely separate situation, hence the 'looking into" comment.

My comments are only interpreting the words of the notice, not any additional knowledge of the situation.
    Krishak Kringle aka KrishakPanettier, Templar (PSN:KrishakPanettier)
    -- PS4 NA --

PVP, PVE, and Trader Guild Leader
    Guild:
    - Rent-A-Zerg Mercs AD (one-time large AD PVP Guild - now PVP, PVE, dungeons, trials, and crafting)
    - Shadow Exiles AD (merged into RAZ AD)
    - Recruiting all levels, for help all in-game content. Not just PVP anymore. Not just AD.

Online:
    - Facebook: www.facebook.com/groups/RAZ.AD
    - Facebook: www.facebook.com/ShadowExiles
    - Twitter: @ShadowExiles
    - www: www.shadowexiles.com
  • Jolipinator
    Jolipinator
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    mdylan2013 wrote: »
    Also no issues on PS4

This. PS4 groups are fine, let us play.
    PS5 EU.
  • Rainraven
    Rainraven
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks for the update, fingers crossed for the fix(es).
  • MrGarlic
    MrGarlic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't know what time that is.

What is server time compared to GMT?
    'Sharp Arrows'Mr.Garlic
    Hidden by darkness, a shadow in the night,A sped arrow dissecting the gloom,Finding it's target, such delight.
  • Morbidchemical
    @ZOS_GinaBruno What about for the people who haven't even been able to log in yet? Do we just miss out on today's reward altogether?
    Edited by Morbidchemical on December 1, 2017 12:01AM
    Xbox NA GT: Morbidchemical
  • JoffyToffy69
    JoffyToffy69
    ✭✭✭✭
    Fun comes from diversity, balance kills diversity.
    Former Empress Serabii
  • Rainraven
    Rainraven
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    MrGarlic wrote: »
    I don't know what time that is.

What is server time compared to GMT?

GMT is +5

6AM EST = 11AM GMT
  • OutLaw_Nynx
    OutLaw_Nynx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    PS4 is fine though :/
  • gpreid81
    gpreid81
    ✭✭
    That's great but can't log in now a new bug as well
  • pod88kk
    pod88kk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno will there be a download involved with the patch? If so will it be available for download before the maintenance is over? Just checking because I'll most likely have to start the download before I go to work
  • monktoasty
    monktoasty
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Good looking out for us!

• X_LadyPhoenix_X
    X_LadyPhoenix_X
    ✭✭✭
    mdylan2013 wrote: »
    Also no issues on PS4

I'm having problems on PS4 NA... :neutral:
    I've got a preformed group. Keeps saying a member is declining, even though we're not even getting a chance to accept, in most cases...
    Edited by X_LadyPhoenix_X on December 1, 2017 1:09AM
    Mistress of Shadows (GM) <ShadowKnight Syndicate>
    an active,adult only, social guild that dabbles in everything on PS4 NA, Est. Oct. 2015
    For the Pact!
    ---
    Master Thief
    ---
    | Lady Phœnix ~ Nord DK | Yelena Elethea ~ High Elf Templar | Stalks-among-Shadows ~ Argonian NB | Inyoni Yezulu ~ Redgaurd Sorc |
    | Chändra Nälaar ~ Dark Elf DK | Elora de Danan ~ Breton Sorc | Velia Vixen ~ Wood Elf Warden | Serephina Valyrin ~ Imperial DK |
    ---
    PSN: X_LadyPhoenix_X
  • Bhaal5
    Bhaal5
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah do it at 6pm est and let us play in peace
  • Rittings
    Rittings
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    People have missed a full day of this now... Be at work all day and come back to this and can't get into a single dungeon...

Can we at least have an extension of the event???? Surely that's the LEAST you guys could do!!
  • brandyvicious
    brandyvicious
    ✭✭✭
    So I get home and get prepared to go through 9 toons to get mystery boxes and only get 1 complete because of your broken group finder. Great!

@ZOS_GinaBruno - are you planning on giving me 8 mystery boxes for the 8 toons I've been unable to do this evening?
    PS5/NA: brandyvicious-
  • Bhaal5
    Bhaal5
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno - are you planning on giving me 8 mystery boxes for the 8 toons I've been unable to do this evening?

Its only fair if this happens.
  • FreshlyB8ked
    FreshlyB8ked
    ✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno - For those that have been attempting to run through a random daily dungeon today, or already completed the random daily dungeon prior to 10am EST this morning, we’ll make sure you receive your extra sweepstakes entry (if you meet eligibility) and are looking into how to send your Mysterious Reward Box.

Do we just need to queue into the broken dungeon finder to show we've attempted to complete the random dungeon to receive the extra sweepstakes entry?
  • Midori_Oku
    Midori_Oku
    ✭✭✭
    Rittings wrote: »
    People have missed a full day of this now... Be at work all day and come back to this and can't get into a single dungeon...

Can we at least have an extension of the event???? Surely that's the LEAST you guys could do!!

Agreed, I believe an extension would be the easiest way to make up for people missing out on today's boxes. I personally wanted to get fourteen per day, but I've not even been able to start a single random dungeon so far.
    Midori Oku - Female High Elf - Magicka Sorcerer
    Allesse Nightvale - Female Wood Elf - Stamina Dragonknight
    Raelette Velaoche - Female Breton - Magicka Templar
  • Apache_Kid
    Apache_Kid
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Big news. I'll have my stopwatch ready to test out the load screens on Xbox. Anything over 2 minutes and you will be hearing from me!
    (Two minutes is still too long for a load screen)
  • Tan9oSuccka
    Tan9oSuccka
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    The random group finder on PS4 NA is broken as heck.

Group keeps trying to form and fails. Over and over again.
    Of course I like steak. I'm a Nord, aren't I?
    -Berj Stoneheart
  • waitwhat
    waitwhat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    For those wondering, this is absolutely happening on PS4.
    Everyone accepts, and finder says someone declined.
    Tank queue for random also never pops, when it normally pops so fast I have trouble with declining by accident due to being in a menu.
    Edited by waitwhat on December 1, 2017 2:09AM
    PS4 NA AD ScourgeVivec Loading Screen Simulator 2017
    Khajiit stamblade main - Walking the Two-Moons Path and robbing cute Breton boys.
    Breton magplar vet Trial Healer - Promoting wellness through self-reflection.
    Argonian Tripot DK Cyrodiil Tank - One with the Hist and guarding cute Breton boys.
    Altmer magsorc PvE DPS - Scamp tramp and unrepentant lush.

"30s to eval"
    "Read the ******* lorebook."
  • waitwhat
    waitwhat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Can we please get one new feature without a game-breaking bug? After the CWC loading screens this is ridiculous.

Just no more. Nothing new please.
    PS4 NA AD ScourgeVivec Loading Screen Simulator 2017
    Khajiit stamblade main - Walking the Two-Moons Path and robbing cute Breton boys.
    Breton magplar vet Trial Healer - Promoting wellness through self-reflection.
    Argonian Tripot DK Cyrodiil Tank - One with the Hist and guarding cute Breton boys.
    Altmer magsorc PvE DPS - Scamp tramp and unrepentant lush.

"30s to eval"
    "Read the ******* lorebook."
This discussion has been closed.