Maintenance for the week of May 20:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – May 20
• NA megaservers for maintenance – May 22, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• EU megaservers for maintenance – May 22, 8:00 UTC (4:00AM EDT) - 16:00 UTC (12:00PM EDT)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – May 22, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC) https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/658773

Dungeon Finder not working!!!

• Threemoons
    Threemoons
    ✭✭✭
    god no...pls im so sick of event extended...just let it rest :D its ur getting way 2 many event tickets anyway...

Well, not for people who have to go to work or have other issues, and have been grinding through 2 other events for tickets.
    Playing on PC/NA---UserID=Threemoons--usually on nights, weekends
    Options
  • theyancey
    theyancey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    PC/NA. "Unable to queue" Looks like my Saturday gaming is shot.
    Options
  • tonemd
    tonemd
    ✭✭✭✭
    FYI spamming the queue button seems to at least put you in the queue.
    Options
  • Sylianwe
    Sylianwe
    ✭✭✭
    Joxer61 wrote: »
    Ticket/personal email sort of thing I reckon....

Yes, I've done that. Waiting for a response now. Thanks for the advice!

Edited by Sylianwe on June 3, 2021 8:10PM
    The mind is a walled garden, even death can not touch the flowers blooming there 🌹
    Options
  • James-Wayne
    James-Wayne
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So because of maintenance yesterday I've missed daily login rewards and daily quests and now I cant even queue for daily dungeon... WTF ZOS!

We need a extension for this dungeon event!

Platform: PC/NA (Non-Steam)
    Issue: Unable to Queue at this time.
    PERTH, AUSTRALIA | PC | NA | @Aussie-Elders

TENTH ANNIVERSARY - Thanks for sticking with us for 10 years.
    James-Wayne you earned this badge 9:56AM on 4th of February 2024.
    529 people have also earned this badge.
    Options
  • Durnik
    Durnik
    ✭✭✭
    Hey all,

Just wanted to confirm we're seeing these reports. Could you please let me know what platform and server you're playing on?

PC - NA, the one I'm paying for. This was my time to do this event. I cannot do it now because its time to PVP. So I'm going to miss out on today's event because its broken. Again. This event should be extended.

I'm off to Cyrodiil to away load screens between kills.
    Options
  • Lalayla
    Lalayla
    ✭✭
    SiAScORCH wrote: »
    This has been an issue for over 3 years. It'll never get fixed and every single time they try to fix one thing, they break two or three other things. The real issue is that ZOS needs better programmers, that or needs to sell the game to a company that will actually get things fixed.
    I mean the dungeon finder has been broke for 3+ years, WHY on earth would any company with any clue make an event that relies on a KNOWN broken part of the game?
    Any other company that has issues, addresses the issues when they're brought to their attention, especially when it's one of the major parts of the game. This is the only company that I've actually witnessed doesn't care.

Obviously, you have never played LOTRO... lol.

That being said - bashing and insulting the game developers and community managers is not a particularly constructive way to contribute to this thread asking for information. Overall, compared to other MMOs I have played, ZOS is amazing. They stream their own content, play it, know the classes and how they work together, and have an in depth knowledge of the mechanics of the hardest content in the game. Certainly can not be said of some other MMOs. I think Gina and Jessica do an excellent job of communicating - the issue is that when *they do not know* the answer, everyone jumps down their throats, blaming them for the issues. They aren't the devs, or the engineers. I think they deserve some leeway while the team is investigating. Hounding them every 5 minutes isn't constructive at all.

As for the question asking for more information:
    Day One: I was unable to get any queue to work (after 6pm Eastern Time) though I tried for over two hours with various configurations of leaders, PUGs, no PUGs, relogs, and zoning. I was unable to run a single Random Normal dungeon on day one.
    Day Two: Again at prime time Eastern - unable to get any dungeon queue to work. After reset at 1am, however, I had a few times amid all the errors that the queue went through, and I was able to get 2 of my 15 girls through for two box rewards.
    Day Three (tonight): Constant issues with 'Unable to queue at this time' errors, and the 'Someone declined the group invitation' error as well. Continued to try, and have managed to get 2 girls through tonight (so far), but not without a good deal of sitting around trying to push buttons and getting errors.

PC NA.Not using Steam.

Still, an event that started on the 29th (three days ago), and has only 4 days left, an event that has been broken for a majority of people since it began... Well, I do hope that at the very least the event is extended out a few days. (Although, this issue happened last year for days also, and the event was not extended, nor were people given any sort of 'consolation box' as an apology, so we'll have to see.)

@ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_JessicaFolsom @ZOS_SarahHecker
    Edited by Lalayla on December 2, 2018 4:15AM
    Lala
    Options
  • shaielzafine
    shaielzafine
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It didn't work yesterday and my guildies all say on discord it isn't working today either. I'm not even going to bother logging on since it's still not fixed after the patch. That's so sad because during a big ESO event people in my guild discords are just all logged on to other games playing other games together. Or complaining about the finder still being borked. Good job bringing the game down for maintenance during PST & Aussie prime time on a weekend (yesterday) though.
    Options
  • AyeshaBelladonna
    AyeshaBelladonna
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ZOS this is DAYS now of broken finder. @ZOS_GinaBruno are you guys aware of the fact that folks are screwing with the already broken dungeon finder by Queing for a random daily and then porting from THAT dungeon into Fungal Grotto One so they can skip past bosses to the end to complete as fast as possible? Perhaps thats why you folks can't seem to get it fixed and working because every time the dungeon finder tries to port a group with lowbies in it, there are hundreds of unexpected instances of FG1 already full while attached to the dungeon finder quest? Stop this exploit, fix your quest, and give us our lost 2 days back!
    Edited by AyeshaBelladonna on December 2, 2018 4:14AM
    NA EP CP1200+
    Original: Mag/Templar Erestem Nightblossom (Tank/Healer Hybrid, Alchemist, general nuisance)
    Alt's? at this point...so many to play, so little time!

**RED or DEAD** Long Live EP!

Leather Lace- GM, ESO Grand Designs GM, Ankle Biter for Lone Wolf United, CO-GM of Tower of Wayreth,
    Master Furnisher & Housing fanatic, PvP junkie
    Beta Tester, part of the 2013 Club
    Options
  • oxygen_thief
    oxygen_thief
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lalayla wrote: »
    ZOS is amazing. They stream their own content, play it, know the classes and how they work together, and have an in depth knowledge of the mechanics of the hardest content in the game. Certainly can not be said of some other MMOs.

its a sarcasm isnt it?
    Edited by oxygen_thief on December 2, 2018 4:30AM
    Options
  • Lalayla
    Lalayla
    ✭✭
    ZOS is amazing. They stream their own content, play it, know the classes and how they work together, and have an in depth knowledge of the mechanics of the hardest content in the game. Certainly can not be said of some other MMOs.

its a sarcasm isnt it?

Not even a little bit of sarcasm. Try playing a game where the devs don't even play the classes, they create dungeons, raids, and mechanics that they have never run, and won't ever run. A game where they make massive class changes, but none of the developers even play any of those classes. Then you'll understand frustration.

I've been playing this game for a year now, and I find that the Community Managers and developers communicates class changes clearly, *and* gives reasons for those changes. They have patch notes that clearly lay out changes, instead of hiding things they change from the playerbase. They answer questions, and have an entire group of players on a special council to give class feedback. And, they play, and stream their own game often. That's impressive to me. Big time.

Have you ever watched a Bethesda stream where 12 devs from ZOS do the hardest raids in the game, or Vet HM runs of 4 man content, or VMA? It's obvious they care about the game, know the classes, and how they work together. It's a vast improvement over what I'm used to - and both educating, and entertaining to watch on Twitch.
    Lala
    Options
  • FilteredRiddle
    FilteredRiddle
    ✭✭✭✭
    Oberstein wrote: »
    Even with full group of 4 Dungeon finder won't working.

How is it not working? Are you queuing with a group of 4, and a dungeon just isn't popping?

The past few days, dungeon has worked flawlessly. However, for the past hour plus, a group of myself and 3 guild members has been queued for a random normal with it saying "Your Normal Dungeon is ready" only for us to hit "Ready" and immediately receive the message, "Someone declined the invite. You were placed at the front of the queue." Sometimes we get the decline message before anyone has clicked anything. We tried changing group leader, we tried reforming group, and the message continuously popped up over... and over... and over again. We tried reloading UI, and I (as the group leader at the time) then received the message, "Unable to queue at this time." I passed crown to another group member, and she received the same error. We then all hard restarted our entire game and tried again, only to go straight back to the endless cycle of accepts and declines. There is clearly something broken...

Edit: For reference, Xbox NA.

Edited by FilteredRiddle on December 2, 2018 4:55AM
    Xbox One NA
    The Sentinels of Padomay
    Obsidian Guard (Social with PvX Events)

Gamers always believe that an epic win is possible and that it's always worth trying, and trying now. Gamers don't sit around.
    - Jane McGonigal
    Options
  • ol_BANK_lo
    ol_BANK_lo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    My group finder has been working on Xbox NA relatively well since the beginning of this event, but tonight it's straight broken. I accepted the queue invite about 50 times in row without leaving queue, kept saying "forming group" or "someone declined the invitation" or whatever it says...over and over and over. I then restarted the xbox and relogged, and couldn't even enter the queue. Kept saying "can't enter queue at this time".

Well done.
    Options
  • oxygen_thief
    oxygen_thief
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Not even a little bit of sarcasm. .

are you kidding me? personally i dont care about pve. i dont run dungeons or arenas but i would like to see zos's small scale group in cyro during prime time on eu/pc. maybe stream related to battlegrounds would be interesting too. i would like to see how they would press a f button for about an hour.
    Edited by oxygen_thief on December 2, 2018 4:57AM
    Options
  • Enigmatic
    Enigmatic
    ✭✭✭
    @ZOS_SarahHecker XBOX NA after the *cough* maintenance. Dungeon Finder is even worse than it was before maintenance.

Over the last couple of days I was at least able to get into stuff even with a delay. Queue usually popped quickly on solo Healer before I could move between stable and wayshrine in Murkmire It would pop around 15-30 mins on solo DPS.

Now today after maintenance queues are much, much worse.
    • Solo queue on healer and I'm waiting ages.
    • Form group with guild mates; four people all accepting invite. Queue fails based on someone declining (which did not happen)
    • Trying to queue again and getting "Unable to queue at this time

How are we expected to participate in this event when the core feature at the heart of the event is so broken? It was broken before the event, now it's worth after maintenance
    Edited by Enigmatic on December 2, 2018 5:01AM
    Options
  • Lalayla
    Lalayla
    ✭✭

are you kidding me? personally i dont care about pve. i dont run dungeons or arenas but i would like to see zos's small scale group in cyro during prime time on eu/pc. maybe stream related to battlegrounds would be interesting too. i would like to see how they would press a f button for about an hour.

Fair enough :) I don't PVP at all. And while I try to see every stream, I may have missed a few. But I've not seen them do PVP stuff personally, so not sure if that's part of what they stream. I can see how you'd be frustrated with other issues that don't affect PVE players.
    Lala
    Options
  • oxygen_thief
    oxygen_thief
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Fair enough :) I don't PVP at all. And while I try to see every stream, I may have missed a few. But I've not seen them do PVP stuff personally, so not sure if that's part of what they stream. I can see how you'd be frustrated with other issues that don't affect PVE players.

you didnt see it and you wont see it because it would be a shame. a grouping tool affects all of us. it has been broken since 2016 at least and now we can see this epic fail with a dungeon event
    Options
  • DR4GONFL1
    DR4GONFL1
    ✭✭✭✭
    Lol someone forgot to pay the bill
    Options
  • ol_BANK_lo
    ol_BANK_lo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Can't finish random dailies for rewards....
    Options
  • Durnik
    Durnik
    ✭✭✭
    Durnik wrote: »
    Hey all,

Just wanted to confirm we're seeing these reports. Could you please let me know what platform and server you're playing on?

PC - NA, the one I'm paying for. This was my time to do this event. I cannot do it now because its time to PVP. So I'm going to miss out on today's event because its broken. Again. This event should be extended.

I'm off to Cyrodiil to away load screens between kills.

I called it. Cyrodiil crashed. More predictable than the weather. I'm off to bed.
    Options
  • Enigmatic
    Enigmatic
    ✭✭✭
    Still XBOX NA. Hard reset of XBOX I was able to at least move on from "Unable to queue at this time" earlier

On healer, still had approx 15 mins of waiting before a queue popped. I accepted every invite but it constantly failed.

When it displayed roles, it was frequently the tank role that was empty.

Most times it looked like it was whoever was last to accept caused the instance to fail. On some occasions it failed before I could even say yes. Frequently said it was "Forming Group" which would at least suggest it had matched 4 people but then it would still fail.

Stuck with it and finally got put into a dungeon instance. This ended up being 2 people, part way through FG2 and no tank. Group did not progress and was disbanded so no reward.

@ZOS_GinaBruno , @ZOS_JessicaFolsom and @ZOS_MattFiror please can there be some communication about this as it is destroying the event and is quite simply worse than before maintenance.

Prior to being taken down at prime time for me last night (AEST) it was working and I was able to get rewards on the majority of my chars. Today I've achieved next to nothing and we can't get anywhere as the key feature at the heart of this event is functionally broken.

The game urgently needs some quality of life and bug fix work ahead of any new content release or rework of classes and gear.
    Options
  • FlyingSwan
    FlyingSwan
    ✭✭✭✭✭

its a sarcasm isnt it?

Not even a little bit of sarcasm. Try playing a game where the devs don't even play the classes, they create dungeons, raids, and mechanics that they have never run, and won't ever run. A game where they make massive class changes, but none of the developers even play any of those classes. Then you'll understand frustration.

The above is ZOS to a tee. They are so bad when they play their own game it clearly shows they only get their hands dirty for the odd stream. But even so, 'eating your own dog food' has been a development metaphor across the IT industry since Microsoft first used the term 30 years ago, so it's not that ZOS are good for doing it, it's that the gaming industry as a whole is way behind the corporate IT industry in not adopting 'dogfooding' and other well proven dev methods.

And yes, ZOS regularly make sweeping class changes that essentially break those classes, they have done this since the game released. I have to concur from this, that they do not play those classes to any notable degree.

ZOS may be 'better' than other MMO developers, but that's like saying cat droppings taste better than dog droppings, the entire industry takes advantage of gamers by providing a low quality of product & service, and ZOS are just a part of it. When gamers speak out about this on forums, it's because they have a faint hope that throwing a spotlight on negative behaviours - such as the Dungeon Finder not working since release 4 years ago and us constantly raising this in tickets that are auto-closed by bots - may shame the dev into fixing their own outdated customer service attitude.

Edited by FlyingSwan on December 2, 2018 9:39AM
    Options
  • Gythral
    Gythral
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    How can the group finder be working when out of 7 players ported into an instance
    First Tank - no taunt
    Healer - no heals
    Second Tank - no skills at all
    3rd Tank - lets ports to Fungal Grotto - I only want the event rewards

“Be as a tower, that, firmly set,
    Shakes not its top for any blast that blows!”
    Dante Alighieri, The Divine Comedy
    Options
  • Varana
    Varana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    That's not the group finder. That's the players.
    Options
  • KingMagaw
    KingMagaw
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Finder broke again lol
    Options
  • Kayrne
    Kayrne
    ✭✭✭
    again broken ... PC/EU premade group of 3. we get ready checks all the time but there is no group forming ...
    Options
  • Varana
    Varana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Of course it broke again.
    It's Sunday afternoon, and they let all the Steam players in again.
    Options
  • neovatarb16_ESO
    @ZOS_GinaBruno Its not working AGAIN. We are four ppl on Euro server, all standing next to each other in Deshaan and on discord channel. And we keep getting "someone declined". We all relogged twice already and reformed group.

This is really annoying!
    Options
  • Marcus684
    Marcus684
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I may have found a fix for the endless "Someone declined" bug. I had a guild premade group that was having this problem trying to queue for a random normal, so we manually entered Fungal Grotto and completed it to get tickets. Then we were able to queue and enter our random normal with no problem. After that, I was able to run 4 more characters through the Dungeon Finder with almost no problems. This method worked two days in a row for me. It was as if actually getting into a dungeon and clearing it triggered the removal of something blocking the Finder from working. Could it have been sheer coincidence? Sure. But it's worth a try at this point.
    Options
  • Pyr0xyrecuprotite
    Pyr0xyrecuprotite
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    PSA (speculation): since the various bugs appear to be worse the more players are trying to queue, I recommend that everyone break group and LEAVE their dungeon as quickly as possible after any successful use of group finder.

Also, consider avoiding Battlegrounds entirely during the Undaunted event, since the BG queue finder seems to use the same tool and also gets broken. Perhaps this will allow a few more dungeon people to queue successfully...
    Options