The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

@ZOS -- Indrik-Mount(s) clarification needed ASAP PLS !!!

• Sylvermynx
    Sylvermynx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    akl77 wrote: »
    I don’t understand why the vendor can’t sell all 4 feathers at the moment, I already got 2 feathers and capped at 12 tickets and events still going on, why only selling 2 feathers when we’re supposed to collect 4 feathers.

Because they are four different feathers, each tied to a specific event.
    Options
  • Ruinhorn
    Ruinhorn
    ✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno

How it works? According to Dev Tracker the last answer from Comminity Manager was 2 days ago.
    To be precise, seven messages from you on November 20.

You also mentioned a sort of progress in communication between players and devs (like here and here), while as a beta player I don't see any progress. The last sort of progress was "developer comments" on patch notes, so we could see, why this thing was changed in such way. Yes, I say it with responsibility, and it is constructive, civil and can be confirmed with facts - the communication between players and ZOS is nearly zero.

Now people ask about feathers.
    1. https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/446785/zos-indrik-mount-s-clarification-needed-asap-pls
    2. https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/446461/indrik-feather-event-not-well-thought-out
    3. https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/446768/dont-buy-a-second-indrik-feather
    4. https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/446730/zos-expects-some-to-buy-8-feathers-by-jan-2nd

These questions were asked at the beginning and in the middle of this week, not on weekends when companies usually don't work.

It's just what I've found on the first page of General Discussion forum.
    And still no response. Here on official forum. That's so-called communication? I can understand when community manager keeps silence because there's simply nothing to say, when patch notes aren't ready yet and the only thing which can be told players is "we're working on it". It's understandable and fair. But event is on its 2nd phase, and all these questions are ignored. Just like tons of others and many others.

/communication
    Edited by Ruinhorn on November 23, 2018 2:24AM
    Options
  • Jaraal
    Jaraal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sylvermynx wrote: »
    I'm not fussed about whether we can have all the indriks or not. I tend to not duplicate mounts - a Dawnwood Indrik will be perfect for my wild-child bosmer warden, and that's all I'm concerned with right now.

Granted, we can only ride one mount at a time. But for housing enthusiasts, like myself, the opportunity may present itself for us to place four or five different indriks representing a herd in our stables / corrals / fields, etc. And a few players are completionists and like to have all achievements, titles, weapons, houses, mounts, and other things available to them.

Edited by Jaraal on November 23, 2018 2:13AM
    RIP Bosmer Nation. 4/4/14 - 2/25/19.
    Options
  • KhajiitWarlord
    Unless they answer, safest course of action is one (1) of each feather. That may not maximize the number of mounts, but it won't waste Event Tickets.

Well, no. The safest bet would be to get two feathers of each type since you are able to get over 80 tickets. Customer support has already proven to be quite helpful in getting purchases like that reverted if it went wrong. No use sitting on 12/12 tickets until the next feather comes around, wasting all the potential tickets you could earn while you're on that amount. Heck running with the theory that evolving will remove the basic one, I'd rather be ready to make a second one to replace the first being lost.
    Options
  • Sylvermynx
    Sylvermynx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jaraal wrote: »
    I'm not fussed about whether we can have all the indriks or not. I tend to not duplicate mounts - a Dawnwood Indrik will be perfect for my wild-child bosmer warden, and that's all I'm concerned with right now.

Granted, we can only ride one mount at a time. But for housing enthusiasts, like myself, the opportunity may present itself for us to place four or five different indriks representing a herd in our stables / corrals / fields, etc. And a few players are completionists and like to have all achievements, titles, houses, mounts available to them.

That's entirely true. I was just stating my own reasoning for not getting dupe feathers etc. If I wind up with more indriks down the road, well.... I have some ideas about where I want to stash the herd.

But considering that housing here is so much less enjoyable for me than housing was in RIFT, well - I don't know how that will work out in the long run. In RIFT, I could have bought one of the "wild" areas, and built a sunlit/moonlit glade of huge trees, grassy meads, and moss-covered mounds for the indriks....
    Options
  • FLuFFyxMuFFiN
    FLuFFyxMuFFiN
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Zypheran wrote: »
    Not sure I see the emergency here.
    Just collect 4 different feathers between now and end of year to collect an Indrik mount.
    Everything else is next year's issue. The details of which, may not even be finalised yet.

Well. Two reasons why I am asking all this. 1.) There is a lack of Information regarding the whole matter. 2.) I don't want to waste any Event-Tickets I can get. Not if I need to collect - assuming the process I described is correct - 360 Event-Tickets in total to get *ALL* five (5) Indrik-Mounts ;) .

Best regards
    ShadowPaladin

I wouldn't worry about wasting event tickets since it seems they are increasing the amount you earn with each event. The fact that they are doing this is why I am buying 2 of each feather. Worst case scenario I have to earn more for the next event reward they decide to do which is very easy to do.
    Options
  • Jaraal
    Jaraal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just collect 4 different feathers between now and end of year to collect an Indrik mount.
    Everything else is next year's issue. The details of which, may not even be finalised yet.

Well. Two reasons why I am asking all this. 1.) There is a lack of Information regarding the whole matter. 2.) I don't want to waste any Event-Tickets I can get. Not if I need to collect - assuming the process I described is correct - 360 Event-Tickets in total to get *ALL* five (5) Indrik-Mounts ;) .

Best regards
    ShadowPaladin

I wouldn't worry about wasting event tickets since it seems they are increasing the amount you earn with each event. The fact that they are doing this is why I am buying 2 of each feather. Worst case scenario I have to earn more for the next event reward they decide to do which is very easy to do.

I would be less concerned about wasting tickets than I would be about wasting time. Trust me, there are other things I'd rather be doing in game than grinding out CWC dailies and competing with the masses for mats, ground spawn quest items, getting enough damage in on bosses to qualify, etc. So, if it's pointless to actually collect 8 feathers by the beginning of the year, then I'd like to know earlier than later so I can plan my playing time accordingly.
    Options
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I guess I'm approaching this a bit differently. I have the first two feathers. I will have 12 tickets tomorrow. I'm not going to run the event the other days as I have other things to do (like level girls....) Now, I am not going to be at all interested in the Undaunted event, so I'll buy the third feather when it's available, and wait until New Life to get the fourth one.

This is what I intend to do.

I've spent more time doing events, holidays, and special stuff than I have normal play. I am suffering from too many events in this game, so I am planning to take Undaunted off. I will get my 12 tickets and sit on them until Feather #3 is available, then pick up with New Life Festival for the 4th.
    PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
    Options
  • FLuFFyxMuFFiN
    FLuFFyxMuFFiN
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Jaraal wrote: »

Best regards
    ShadowPaladin

I would be less concerned about wasting tickets than I would be about wasting time. Trust me, there are other things I'd rather be doing in game than grinding out CWC dailies and competing with the masses for mats, ground spawn quest items, getting enough damage in on bosses to qualify, etc. So, if it's pointless to actually collect 8 feathers by the beginning of the year, then I'd like to know earlier than later so I can plan my playing time accordingly.

I mean I have no problem spending 5 minutes doing a quick daily for some event tickets. Plus I still need some motifs so I can go for those as well. I plan on doing the events anyway so its not a waste of time for me.
    Options
  • Sylvermynx
    Sylvermynx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I guess I'm approaching this a bit differently. I have the first two feathers. I will have 12 tickets tomorrow. I'm not going to run the event the other days as I have other things to do (like level girls....) Now, I am not going to be at all interested in the Undaunted event, so I'll buy the third feather when it's available, and wait until New Life to get the fourth one.

I've spent more time doing events, holidays, and special stuff than I have normal play. I am suffering from too many events in this game, so I am planning to take Undaunted off. I will get my 12 tickets and sit on them until Feather #3 is available, then pick up with New Life Festival for the 4th.

Yeah, I'm so new here.... It's like too many sweets on Christmas morning. I need time to work on my girls....

Actually, I understand why ZOS did this, in an empiric way. It's a really REALLY cool idea. But as with so many cool ideas.... it's too much of a good thing all at once. I honestly would have been happier if they had picked one event a quarter for the tickets - and after that event, have done another "mini-scaled" whatever for a berry.

Seriously. Spacing is important....
    Options
  • Nebthet78
    Nebthet78
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    From what I understand from looking at the numbers and if you play the time of day with the events, Most Players will at least be able to get 1 Idrik Mount by the time all the events are done. Some players will be able to get 2 mounts and that's ONLY if you paid attention to the time the events start and end and what time the daily quests reset.
    (start and end at 10am, with the daily quests reseting at 1am. EASTERN STANDARD TIME)

Example:
    - Witches Festival (Oct 18 -Nov1st) - 15 days x 1tix/day = 15tix total potentially. (Most'll get 14 tix) = 1 feather 4-5 carryover.
    - Clockwork Fest (Nov 15 -26th) - 12 days x 2tix/day = 24 tix potentially. (Most'll get 22 tix) = 2 feather 2-4 carryover
    - Dungeon Fest (Nov 29 - Dec 5th) - 7 days x 3 tix/day = 21 tix potentially. (Most'll get 18 tix) = 1-2 feather w/1-9 carryover.
    - New Life Fest (Dec 13 - Jan2nd) - 21 days x 1tix/day = 21tix potentially. (Most'll get 20 tix) = 2 feather w/1-0 carryover.

If you add up the carry overs, they can add up to the 7th and potentially 8th feather., BUT ONLY if you log in after 1am and BEFORE 9:30am on the last day of the event to do the Daily Quest.
    If you can't do that, or don't pay attention, then you lose those extra tickets.

Keep in mind, also that you can only have 1 of each feather on any single character.

I'm assuming it will be the same for the berry quests as well.
    Far too many characters to list any more.
    Options
  • Pyr0xyrecuprotite
    Pyr0xyrecuprotite
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nebthet78 wrote: »
    Keep in mind, also that you can only have 1 of each feather on any single character.
    Feathers are "Unique" items, which means you can only have one of each in your inventory - or in the bank - or in a house storage container. It's like looting treasure maps from a chest - if you already have one in inventory, you can't pick up another one of the same type. However, you CAN get a second (assuming enough event tickets) as long as the first feather of that type is in the bank or house storage.

I have confirmed that you can store duplicate feathers in your house, so long as they are in different containers. (I now have two emerald and one gilded indrik feather, and expect to get another 8 event tickets or so during the remainder of the CWC event). Being able to use the full 8 feathers to buy two indrik mounts is just speculative at this point, but I may as well get the extra feathers rather than letting the spare event tickets go to waste - and it does give me bonus entries into the sweepstakes to buy as many feathers as possible.

The only issue that I can see is that people need to keep track of which feathers they own, so that they buy the correct duplicates, and don't end up with three emerald indrik feathers by mistake, for example.
    Edited by Pyr0xyrecuprotite on November 23, 2018 3:24AM
    Options
  • Nebthet78
    Nebthet78
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Feathers are "Unique" items, which means you can only have one of each in your inventory - or in the bank - or in a house storage container. It's like looting treasure maps from a chest - if you already have one in inventory, you can't pick up another one of the same type. However, you CAN get a second (assuming enough event tickets) as long as the first feather of that type is in the bank or house storage.

I have confirmed that you can store duplicate feathers in your house, so long as they are in different containers. (I now have two emerald and one gilded indrik feather, and expect to get another 8 event tickets or so during the remainder of the CWC event). Being able to use the full 8 feathers to buy two indrik mounts is just speculative at this point, but I may as well get the extra feathers rather than letting the spare event tickets go to waste - and it does give me bonus entries into the sweepstakes to buy as many feathers as possible.

The only issue that I can see is that people need to keep track of which feathers they own, so that they buy the correct duplicates, and don't end up with three emerald indrik feathers by mistake, for example.

You might want to check how I wrote that again... what I typed is accurate. I just didn't put in that you can bank them. My bank is full, so I couldn't test it, so I left that out, and just put the 2nd of the first ticket on a different character.
    Options
  • mb10
    mb10
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Bruh...

There are FOUR different feathers. Just buy all 4 ONCE each and you get the mount.

Why are people not getting this lol it’s very very simple?
    Options
  • Nebthet78
    Nebthet78
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    mb10 wrote: »
    Bruh...

There are FOUR different feathers. Just buy all 4 ONCE each and you get the mount.

Because, if you do the events correctly, you can actually have 2 mounts. Not just one.
    Options
  • Jaraal
    Jaraal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    mb10 wrote: »
    Bruh...

Because, if you do the events correctly, you can actually have 2 mounts. Not just one.

Or possibly five, if you evolve one of each of the four types, and then get another base Nascent Indrik (at some point during the events next year.)

Edited by Jaraal on November 23, 2018 4:54AM
    Options
  • theyancey
    theyancey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi @ZOS_Gina_Bruno, long time no chat. Not since we chatted about my wife also having been at Holoton-Arms back in the day. This is really an important tissue to many of us and time is running out on whether we should spend or hold as we are now at or nearing points cap.

Another factor is the upcoming undaunted fest. I, like many, just do not group. Nevertheless I managed to completely max out the Undaunted skill line just from doing Bolgrul's daily solo quests. Will there be a similar opportunity for the solo player to participate in this fest? Knowing that would help us decide whether to spend or hold. Thanks as always!
    Options
  • Lake
    Lake
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    theyancey wrote: »
    Hi @ZOS_Gina_Bruno, long time no chat. Not since we chatted about my wife also having been at Holoton-Arms back in the day. This is really an important tissue to many of us and time is running out on whether we should spend or hold as we are now at or nearing points cap.

Another factor is the upcoming undaunted fest. I, like many, just do not group. Nevertheless I managed to completely max out the Undaunted skill line just from doing Bolgrul's daily solo quests. Will there be a similar opportunity for the solo player to participate in this fest? Knowing that would help us decide whether to spend or hold. Thanks as always!

You don't need to group. You can solo an easy dungeon like Fungal Grotto.
    Options
  • theyancey
    theyancey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lake wrote: »
    theyancey wrote: »

You don't need to group. You can solo an easy dungeon like Fungal Grotto.

I can't. I am a half blind geezer with limited hand-eye coordination who is close to rejoining the Hist and I am playing a mega nerfed magden. Sucks but it is what it is.
    Options
  • AlnilamE
    AlnilamE
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Yeah, I'm so new here.... It's like too many sweets on Christmas morning. I need time to work on my girls....

Actually, I understand why ZOS did this, in an empiric way. It's a really REALLY cool idea. But as with so many cool ideas.... it's too much of a good thing all at once. I honestly would have been happier if they had picked one event a quarter for the tickets - and after that event, have done another "mini-scaled" whatever for a berry.

Seriously. Spacing is important....

What I've done is use the events to get achievements/levels on alts. During the Witches' festival, I had a couple of characters complete Maelstrom and DSA, and got as many of them the as many dremora skulls as they could get. I was even able to run a couple of trials I hadn't done yet, like Cloudrest.

Now for the CWC event, I have my level 48 warden parked there and he grabs a daily every morning as I'm logging in to feed my stamplar's mount and does a daily really quick and then, if I have time, explores something there.

For the New Life festival, I'll get the achievements on the characters that don't have them yet.

The Moot Councillor
    Options
  • Tan9oSuccka
    Tan9oSuccka
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I usually give them the benefit of doubt with a lot of things.....but....

This event is poorly designed/communicated in my opinion.
    Of course I like steak. I'm a Nord, aren't I?
    -Berj Stoneheart
    Options
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    AlnilamE wrote: »
    What I've done is use the events to get achievements/levels on alts. During the Witches' festival, I had a couple of characters complete Maelstrom and DSA, and got as many of them the as many dremora skulls as they could get. I was even able to run a couple of trials I hadn't done yet, like Cloudrest.

I used to do that. Then, I realized that I had a bunch of alts that were quite high in level but were effectively standing just outside the door of the tutorial. I like doing quests and exploring, but they were already wise to the ways of the world. Thankfully, it can be done with One Tamriel, but it still feels a little odd to go back and have Razum Dar talk about how I just dropped out of the sky and landed in the water.

PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
    Options
  • DaveMoeDee
    DaveMoeDee
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Oberstein wrote: »
    From what i know we need 4 kind of feather to summon mount itself, 4 kind of berries to upgrade mount.

What does "upgrade mount" mean? There is currently no such mechanic in the game. What you said is just repeating the ambiguity people want to clarify.

Some people are assuming the upgrade gets rid of the non-upgraded mount. If that is the case, we need to know so that we can go ahead and buy duplicate feathers to not waste tickets by being capped.

It is also possible that upgrading is just unlocking another variant while we keep the basic variant. In this case, there is no point in duplicate feathers.

Whoever wrote the description of this didn't do a good job of anticipating how people not in design meetings would understand their ambiguous description.
    Options
  • fgoron2000
    fgoron2000
    ✭✭✭✭
    SydneyGrey wrote: »
    I agree we need clarification.
    I can now buy three feathers, but there are only two available. Does this mean there won't be another available until the Undaunted event, and any more tickets I get during CC will be wasted after tomorrow unless I get a duplicate feather? Is it a secret we aren't supposed to know the answer to? Are they afraid that too much information will cause our brains to swell and send us all to the hospital?
    If the cap on the number of tickets wasn't so low, it wouldn't be an issue.

And please nobody answer unless you're 100% sure, because if I wanted to guess, I could just guess on my own.

the only thing i can answer definitively of your questions is, that the 3rd feather will not be available until the start of the undaunted event. hope that helps...

Options
  • Aurayna
    Aurayna
    ✭✭✭
    Plus 8 feathers for the contest!

uSy0ojG.png

The thing is this sweepstake is only open to people from the US - which makes those extra feathers unusable for everyone not allowed to enter
    PC - EU
    Options
  • wenchmore420b14_ESO
    wenchmore420b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    DaveMoeDee wrote: »
    Oberstein wrote: »
    From what i know we need 4 kind of feather to summon mount itself, 4 kind of berries to upgrade mount.

What does "upgrade mount" mean? There is currently no such mechanic in the game. What you said is just repeating the ambiguity people want to clarify.

Some people are assuming the upgrade gets rid of the non-upgraded mount. If that is the case, we need to know so that we can go ahead and buy duplicate feathers to not waste tickets by being capped.

It is also possible that upgrading is just unlocking another variant while we keep the basic variant. In this case, there is no point in duplicate feathers.

Whoever wrote the description of this didn't do a good job of anticipating how people not in design meetings would understand their ambiguous description.

Well, upgrade is a myth-knomer..
    ZoS..
    .We are thrilled to finally introduce the new Nascent Indrik mount to the ESO community, and we can’t wait to see everybody take part in the game’s fun upcoming events. However, exciting things are on the horizon for these mystical beasts, and starting next year, you'll be able to evolve your Nascent Indrik into an even more beautiful creature. Watch out for full details in early 2019!

After getting the "Base" mount with the first 4 feathers, you use your tickets to buy "Berries" and it will change the skin of your mount. There will be a total of 4 different "looking" mounts. Evolve your mounts is a better way to say it instead of up-grade.
    Hope this helps... :)
    Drakon Koryn~Oryndill, Rogue~Mage,- CP ~Doesn't matter any more
    NA / PC Beta Member since Nov 2013
    GM~Conclave-of-Shadows, EP Social Guild, ~Proud member of: The Wandering Merchants, Phoenix Rising, Imperial Trade Union & Celestials of Nirn
    Sister Guilds with: Coroner's Report, Children of Skyrim, Sunshine Daydream, Tamriel Fisheries, Knights Arcanum and more
    "Not All Who Wander are Lost"
    #MOREHOUSINGSLOTS
    “When the people that can make the company more successful are sales and marketing people, they end up running the companies. The product people get driven out of the decision making forums, and the companies forget what it means to make great products.”

_Steve Jobs (The Lost Interview)
    Options
  • jlmurra2
    jlmurra2
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I hope we don't get any more of these needlessly complex multi event rewards like this, since ZOS does not seem willing to explain fully how they work.
    Options
  • fgoron2000
    fgoron2000
    ✭✭✭✭
    I don’t understand why the vendor can’t sell all 4 feathers at the moment, I already got 2 feathers and capped at 12 tickets and events still going on, why only selling 2 feathers when we’re supposed to collect 4 feathers.

because that's the way zos set it up...from the very beginning they said that each subsequent feather would become available during each subsequent event, they never said that all of the tickets would be available immediately. if you're looking for a why, first they don't have to explain why they did it that way, but beyond that, it only makes sense to keep players' interest in the successive events through the end of the year.
    Options
  • jlmurra2
    jlmurra2
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    fgoron2000 wrote: »

because that's the way zos set it up...from the very beginning they said that each subsequent feather would become available during each subsequent event, they never said that all of the tickets would be available immediately. if you're looking for a why, first they don't have to explain why they did it that way, but beyond that, it only makes sense to keep players' interest in the successive events through the end of the year.

If they did not impose a ticket limit we would still have to wait for the events to purchase the new feathers, but people would not be forced to make the difficult decision today to buy a duplicate feather or not. Unless their concern is about the sweepstakes.

If they would simply state if it is possible to have two different Indriks on a single account then those who want two different types would know what to do.
    Edited by jlmurra2 on November 23, 2018 4:36PM
    Options
  • FrancisCrawford
    FrancisCrawford
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

Yes, it's an emergency. If we should buy duplicate indrik feathers, we should do so IMMEDIATELY, because we're hitting the event ticket storage limit today.
    Options