The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Don't buy a second indrik feather

Aconight
Aconight
✭✭✭
Here's what i was told today:

LskH3mO.png

I couldn't find any info specifying this anywhere.
  • AlnilamE
    AlnilamE
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They can't tell me what to do!

What am I going to do with my extra tickets then?
    The Moot Councillor
    Options
  • Aconight
    Aconight
    ✭✭✭
    I'm still not sure how it makes sense with this: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/446730/zos-expects-some-to-buy-8-feathers-by-jan-2nd#latest edit: read it again and it doesnt make sense at all
    Edited by Aconight on November 22, 2018 7:35PM
    Options
  • Oberstein
    Oberstein
    ✭✭✭
    wasn't this obvious from start? you need 4 kind of feather and 4 kind of berries
    History, like a human being, is thirsty when it wakes from its slumber…History wants to drink up an enormous amount of blood. And even if history has tired of drinking blood, that’s only in regards to the amount. But what about quality? The larger the sacrifice is, the more delighted the cruel gods will be.
    Options
  • Ilsabet
    Ilsabet
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Welp.

I mean there's no reason not to buy a duplicate feather, if there's nothing else I'm going to be doing with the tickets I'm going to keep accumulating because there's no reason not to.
    Ilsabet Menard - DC Breton Nightblade archer - Savior of Pretty Much Everything, Grand Overlord & Empress Nubcakes
    Katarin Auclair - DC Breton Warden healer & ice mage
    My characters and their overly elaborate backstories
    Ilsabet's Headcanon
    The Adventures of Torbyrn Windchaser - Breaking the Ice & Ashes to Ashes
    PC NA
    Options
  • starkerealm
    starkerealm
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You should still have enough time to get the tickets together to get a guilded feather from this event. Worst case, the next two events will pay out with 21 feathers each, so there's plenty of time to sort that out.
    Options
  • yodased
    yodased
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There will be more events coming that use those tickets, the mount one is just the first one.
    Tl;dr really weigh the fun you have in game vs the business practices you are supporting.
    Options
  • RANKK7
    RANKK7
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    AlnilamE wrote: »

Indeed and it seems pretty contradictory with the official word of ZOS site (nothing wrong with more feathers and there are even benefits):
    Aconight wrote: »

I much prefer to buy a second feather than have tickets wasted into the void.

Already reached the cap and there are still days ahead.

So I rather listen to official site than a support employed that was resolving a specific issue, he resolved in a right way imo in case the user didn't had a chance to get extra tickets, though that's not my case or many others'.

Edited by RANKK7 on November 22, 2018 7:21PM
    lll
    "I really don't know who the **** came off with this change. Definitely somebody who does not play the game, that's for sure".
    lll
    Options
  • Delpi
    Delpi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    And... Do you know why we're having this discussion? Because nobody answer the first time we asked about this. Probably, because they're still making up their minds about if we would get every indrik available or only one.
    "I used to be an adventurer like you. Then I took an arrow in the knee..."
    Options
  • Aconight
    Aconight
    ✭✭✭
    This question in the support ticket was just "is there a point to buying more than one of the same feather" i didn't ask for the one i already bought to be refunded, that was their own suggestion.

(but i do agree. why not do it anyway haha)

And then there's also the matter of this:
    Aconight wrote: »
    I wish zenimax would just confirm whether we can create more than one indrik mount

This is as close to a confirmation as we're going to get at this stage. The text on the berries says:

UPRyBM4.jpg

See the last clause, "thus removing the Nascent Indrik"?

We can only have one instance of any mount in our Collections. First off we will have a Nascent Indrik in the collection. When we feed it the 4 berries to evolve it then the Nascent Indrik will be removed from our collection. So, if you buy, or have already bought, another 4 feathers there is no reason why you can't use them to create another Nascent Indrik.

If there are going to be 4 different evolved Indriks then it is in fact essential that we can create more than one Nascent Indrik.

If we acquire enough tickets we may eventually be able to have 4 evolved Indriks and one Nascent Indrik in our Collections.

Almost making me doubt if what the person from costumer support said was even true
    Edited by Aconight on November 22, 2018 7:31PM
    Options
  • Jaraal
    Jaraal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

You can use 8 feathers by January 2nd. Customer service rep apparently doesn't know what's going on:

uSy0ojG.png

@ZOS_GinaBruno , can you speak to this obvious conflict?
    RIP Bosmer Nation. 4/4/14 - 2/25/19.
    Options
  • carlos424
    carlos424
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes, would be nice to get some clarity, because I am almost to the maximum that can be held. (I’m sure many others are as well.) So either I stop doing Clockwork dailys and hold the tickets I have until the next feather is available, or purchase a duplicate feather and collect a few more tickets.
    Options
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jaraal wrote: »

You can use 8 feathers by January 2nd. Customer service rep apparently doesn't know what's going on:

uSy0ojG.png

thanksgiving holiday here in the states...hopefully by this time of the day in maryland miss bruno is in a semi comatose state from binging on turkey, mashed potatoes, cranberry jelly/sauce, stuffing/dressing all smothered in ladles of gravy...

eat to ya sleep folks, eat to you sleep :)
    Edited by geonsocal on November 22, 2018 9:09PM
    PVP Campaigns Section: Playstation NA and EU (Gray Host) - This Must be the Place
    Options
  • Jaraal
    Jaraal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    geonsocal wrote: »

uSy0ojG.png

thanksgiving holiday here in the states...hopefully by this time of the day in maryland miss bruno is in a semi comatose state from binging on turkey, mashed potatoes, cranberry jelly/sauce, stuffing/dressing all smothered in ladles of gravy...

Agreed, but people are at a crossroads today, trying to decide whether to stop collecting tickets or buy the third feather and start getting tickets again. I will have two feathers and 12 tickets in a few hours, myself. Would be nice to have one of these two differing ZOS statements confirmed.
    Options
  • Acrolas
    Acrolas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is one of those 'special' cases. What Support is doing is trying to directly answer a question while working around their job-related type of nondisclosure agreement. They aren't supposed to discuss future content or other non-public information, or offer a definitive answer for anything still subject to change. So I can't call it wrong. Just restricted in context.

So follow the Sweepstakes wording as that is the closest you have to a binding agreement regarding additional feathers. But just note that the additional feathers will not have a documented purpose until that purpose is officially confirmed. Like I've said before, and can apply to far more situations that just this, is that it's risky to commit to anything in advance that can be anywhere from a year to several years from actually happening.
    signing off
    Options
  • Lorem123
    Lorem123
    ✭✭✭
    ZOS customer support doesn't even know what planet they're on. Remember when some CS rep said trading crowns for gold was against ToS? Yeah, right...

Sweepstake aside, you're going to need to 5 of each feather if you want every Indrik mount in the end (4 evolved forms, plus the basic one, which is removed every time you evolve it but can then be acquired anew).
    Options
  • VerboseQuips
    VerboseQuips
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't understand this CS reply. Does it imply that we can have only one Indrik subspecies in the end? Cause I thought we'd need five feathers of each kind for the five subspecies...
    My characters:
    Main and crafter: A Breton magicka templar named Erwann Sorril
    Alt 1: A Bosmer sorcerer named Tuuneleg
    Alt 2: An Imperial dragonknight named Gaius Tullius Hastifer
    Alt 3: An Argonian vampire/nightblade named Observe-le-Xanmeer
    Alt 4: A Nord werewolf/dragonknight named Sigurd Hurlevent
    Alt 5: A Breton sorcerer named Gilian Sorril (he's Erwann's younger brother)
    Alt 6: A Khajiit nightblade named Jolan-dar
    Alt 7: A Nord warden named Sigurmar Hurlevent (he's Sigurd's younger brother)
    Alt 8: An Altmer templar named Oioriel
    Alt 9: An Argonian stamina Warden named Danse-avec-les-Rainettes
    Alt 10: A Redguard templar named Neemokh af-Corelanya
    Alt 11: A Nord stamina sorcerer named Olga Écoute-Vent
    Alt 12: A Breton magicka Warden named Ian Sorril
    Alt 13: A Dunmer magicka necromancer named Ilmoran Dren
    Alt 14: An Orc stamina necromancer named Norgol gro-Borziel
    Alt 15: A Nord magicka necromancer named Thorgen Givresang
    Alt 16: An Imperial magicka dragonknight named Publius Valeirus Hastifer (Just call him "Valerio" - he's Gaius younger troublemaker of a brother)
    Main in NA (For collaborative events): A Breton magicka nightblade named Titouan Sorril (long-lost brother of Erwann and Gilian)
    Options
  • Aliyavana
    Aliyavana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno any chance you can clarify this?
    Options
  • Inarre
    Inarre
    ✭✭✭✭✭

This is as close to a confirmation as we're going to get at this stage. The text on the berries says:

UPRyBM4.jpg

See the last clause, "thus removing the Nascent Indrik"?

We can only have one instance of any mount in our Collections. First off we will have a Nascent Indrik in the collection. When we feed it the 4 berries to evolve it then the Nascent Indrik will be removed from our collection. So, if you buy, or have already bought, another 4 feathers there is no reason why you can't use them to create another Nascent Indrik.

Except there is a reason. Zos could and possibly has made it so that new indriks (no matter if the evolution is unique) would count as a duplicate in your Mount bag.
    Edited by Inarre on November 23, 2018 12:04AM
    Options
  • Jaraal
    Jaraal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    carlos424 wrote: »
    Yes, would be nice to get some clarity, because I am almost to the maximum that can be held. (I’m sure many others are as well.) So either I stop doing Clockwork dailys and hold the tickets I have until the next feather is available, or purchase a duplicate feather and collect a few more tickets.

If they decide that duplicates are indeed worthless, it would be nice to know as soon as possible so I can get the heck out of the CWC madhouse. I can get other decon fodder sets elsewhere without having to try compete with other players for kills and ground spawns.
    Options
  • JamieAubrey
    JamieAubrey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've already got the feather and I can buy another so whats the point of 2 event tickets this season ? Just means I dont have to do the next event as I just have to buy the third feather
    Options
  • Sevn
    Sevn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Some clarity would be nice. I already have both feathers and dealing with the nonsense that is this cwc event has brought is seriously draining my motivation to even play the game. I think I only want one of em anyway, I'm just deflated a bit with how overly difficult it is to complete some of these dailies due to empty spawns and fighting with other players for nodes.
    There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man, true nobility is being superior to your former self
    -Hemingway
    Options
  • FLuFFyxMuFFiN
    FLuFFyxMuFFiN
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Sounds like the typical response of someone who wants you to believe their lies.
    Options
  • kojou
    kojou
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Hmm... So buy the duplicate feather now, earn as many points as you can, buy the 3rd feather when it comes out, then if you need the ten points, get them refunded when it is time to buy the 4th feather.
    Playing since beta...
    Options
  • FrancisCrawford
    FrancisCrawford
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

uSy0ojG.png

We urgently need an answer Friday from whichever of them is unfortunate enough to have the duty of logging in and checking for calamity. That's when our event ticket stashes will hit capacity.
    Options
  • FrancisCrawford
    FrancisCrawford
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

uSy0ojG.png

We urgently need an answer Friday from whichever of them is unfortunate enough to have the duty of logging in and checking for calamity. That's when our event ticket stashes will hit capacity.

So whom should we plague with tags? @ZOS_GinaBruno and @ZOS_JessicaFolsom for sure. Do they have any minions they can foist off holiday weekend duty on? Will they even be able to unearth a reliable answer over the holiday?
    Edited by FrancisCrawford on November 23, 2018 4:22AM
    Options
  • Czeri
    Czeri
    ✭✭✭✭
    I think the 8 feather maximum line is there because some people play both the EU and NA servers, so you get 4 unique feathers on each under the same game account. Without that clause you'd have threads asking if you can get 16 entries between the two servers.

The reason you can earn a lot more tickets than you need for 4 feathers is so that most players can get the mount even if they skip an event. There's so much complaining about losing the daily rewards if you don't log in every single day, they made sure to give plenty of catch-up opportunities for something as special as the indrik mount.
    Options
  • FellipeBuild
    FellipeBuild
    Soul Shriven
    Czeri wrote: »
    I think the 8 feather maximum line is there because some people play both the EU and NA servers, so you get 4 unique feathers on each under the same game account. Without that clause you'd have threads asking if you can get 16 entries between the two servers.

The reason you can earn a lot more tickets than you need for 4 feathers is so that most players can get the mount even if they skip an event. There's so much complaining about losing the daily rewards if you don't log in every single day, they made sure to give plenty of catch-up opportunities for something as special as the indrik mount.

I think this is exact reason, a lot of people dont play the game everyday or dont want to participate the event every day even though they are playing the game (like i did).
    Options
  • HallowedUndead
    Sucks i have had reduced play time the last event. I have 3 feathers and no extra tickets. I wont complain since i havent been able to buy extra feathers.
    Options
  • Jayne_Doe
    Jayne_Doe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    There is wording in the game itself in the Help section on Events. I'm not in the game right now, but it said something to the effect that once you evolve an Indrik, the Nascent Mount Collectible becomes locked and a new Nascent Indrik Mount Collectible is created, needing more feathers in order to summon.
    Options
  • Merenwen_812
    Merenwen_812
    ✭✭✭
    MMMM. Curious. So it's up for everyone to decide on who/what to believe.

I got the base. I also have a spare of the first 2 feathers and in 8 days can get another of the 3rd and by event end I will have 1 of each feather again.

So, do I get to 12 tickets and not be able to get anymore tickets or simply keep buying the feather. With the cap on tickets, just seems like a waste not to get the feather. Rather be safe than sorry?

ok because of this last paragraph in the help area in game I don't believe the CS person anymore

It specifically says that you will need to get another nascent

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1qe2vdZCmrnozzz74Hlia2-tscGTWpfdM/view?usp=sharing

Edited by Merenwen_812 on December 13, 2018 9:14PM
    Options