The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

@ZOS -- Indrik-Mount(s) clarification needed ASAP PLS !!!

ShadowPaladin
ShadowPaladin
✭✭✭✭
@ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_KaiSchober @ZOS_JessicaFolsom @ZOS_BillE @ZOS_GaryA

It seems as if there are some problems and misunderstandings circulating through the forum regarding the Indrik-Mount(s). There are already different threads about that, like:

I think we (the players) need some clarification from you (ZOS and the Devs) to solve those problems and misunderstandings. It would be really great if you could give us some more detailed information here :) .

I will try to list the questions/problems/misunderstanding etc. we have, so that you can answer them step by step ;) .
  • The first thing is the number of Indrik-Mounts which will be available at the moment and in the foreseeable future. Some of the players are thinking it will be one (1), some think two (2), some four (4) and some five (5). Regarding the *News* we had some time ago it seems to be as if there will be five (5) different Indrik-Mounts – one basic Indrik (Nascent Indrik) and four different special evolved Indriks (e.g. Dawnwood-Indrik). Now it would be great if you (@ZOS…) could clarify it for us players, please.

• The next thing we (the players) are wondering about is if we will be able to acquire ALL of the Indrik-Mounts or only a single one respectively some specific ones?

• Also, a big thing what a lot of players out there are wondering about and don’t know how it will work exactly is the process of obtaining those Indrik-Mounts. The only thing clear to us players is, that we will need four (4) different feathers, which we can buy for 10 Event-Tickets each, to get the basic Indrik-Mount version (Nascent Indrik). But what about afterwards? How is the process after obtaining the Nascent Indrik?
    • We know that we will need to get certain Berries and feed them to the Nascent Indrik. But how many do we need to feed to the Mount – one (1) berry or four (4) different berries?

• After feeding the berry / the berries to the Nascent Indrik, what will happen – will the mount evolve into the special/evolved form so that we will have the Nascent Indrik and the evolved Indrik-Mount or will we only have the evolved form and loose the Nascent Indrik?

• Assuming that we will be able to obtain all or at least some of the different Indrik-Mounts another thing we (the players) are asking ourselves at the moment is how to obtain them. Must we re-obtain the Nascent Indrik by again buying four (4) different feathers for ten (10) Event-Tickets each and then evolve it by feeding it again one (1) berry respectively four (4) different berries? An example of this process we thought about would be as followed:
      • acquire four (4) different feathers ---> get the Nascent Indrik-Mount (basic version)
      • acquire one (1) or four (4) berries ---> feed them to Nascent Indrik-Mount ---> mount evolves into special form ---> we loose Nascent Indrik (basic version)
      • re-acquire four (4) different feathers ---> get the Nascent Indrik-Mount again
      • re-acquire one (1) or four (4) different berries ---> feed them to Nascent Indrik-Mount ---> mount evolves into 2nd special form ---> we loose Nascent Indrik (basic version) again
      • re-start the process again …. etc. etc.
      • repeat until we have all evolved versions as well as the basic (Nascent) Indrik-Mount

Since we (the players) have no real specific information about the whole subject we all would really appreciate it if you (ZOS) could and would give us some enlightenment and clarification.

Many thanks for the help

Best regards
ShadowPaladin

P.s.:

@ all Players

Should I have not mentioned something about the whole Indrik-Mount matter, please add it BUT please stay friendly as well as civilized and don’t turn this thread into one of those hate/bash/troll/etc. ZOS-Threads!!!

• Oberstein
    Oberstein
    ✭✭✭
    From what i know we need 4 kind of feather to summon mount itself, 4 kind of berries to upgrade mount.
    History, like a human being, is thirsty when it wakes from its slumber…History wants to drink up an enormous amount of blood. And even if history has tired of drinking blood, that’s only in regards to the amount. But what about quality? The larger the sacrifice is, the more delighted the cruel gods will be.
    Options
  • Rake
    Rake
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    yes
    Options
  • Zypheran
    Zypheran
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Not sure I see the emergency here.
    Just collect 4 different feathers between now and end of year to collect an Indrik mount.
    Everything else is next year's issue. The details of which, may not even be finalised yet.
    All my housing builds are available on YouTube
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCf3oJ_cxuu01HmWZJZ6KK6g?view_as=subscriber
    I am happy to share the EHT save files for most of my builds.
    Options
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Unless they answer, safest course of action is one (1) of each feather. That may not maximize the number of mounts, but it won't waste Event Tickets.
    PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
    Options
  • Royaji
    Royaji
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    People should really stop overthinking it and confusing themselves.

1) Collect 4 different feathers - get a Nascent Indrik
    2) Collect 4 different berries (specific for that evolution) and feed them to your Nascent Indrik - an evolved Indrik (berries determine which one) is added to your collections and the Nascent one is removed (see description of [Nascent Indrik)
    3) Back to square one if you want to get other evolutions

It's really that simple.
    Options
  • ShadowPaladin
    ShadowPaladin
    ✭✭✭✭
    Zypheran wrote: »
    Not sure I see the emergency here.
    Just collect 4 different feathers between now and end of year to collect an Indrik mount.
    Everything else is next year's issue. The details of which, may not even be finalised yet.

Well. Two reasons why I am asking all this. 1.) There is a lack of Information regarding the whole matter. 2.) I don't want to waste any Event-Tickets I can get. Not if I need to collect - assuming the process I described is correct - 360 Event-Tickets in total to get *ALL* five (5) Indrik-Mounts ;) .

Best regards
    ShadowPaladin
    Options
  • RANKK7
    RANKK7
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_JessicaFolsom

- Many of us reached the 12 cap of tickets or will do in the next hours and already bought the 2 feathers available so far.

- No one want to waste tickets. So, we could buy a "double" feather of the same kind otherwise a good number of tickets will be wasted by the end of the event.

- QUESTION: "double" feathers will serve any purpose other than Sweepstakes Bonuses? Will they be useful for us to get a second basic Indrik after acquiring the first one?

Please, a clarification would be great and very needed by now, many of us will exceed the tickets cap tomorrow.

Edited by RANKK7 on November 22, 2018 10:22PM
    lll
    "I really don't know who the **** came off with this change. Definitely somebody who does not play the game, that's for sure".
    lll
    Options
  • ShadowPaladin
    ShadowPaladin
    ✭✭✭✭
    Royaji wrote: »

2) Collect 4 different berries (specific for that evolution) and feed them to your Nascent Indrik - an evolved Indrik (berries determine which one) is added to your collections and the Nascent one is removed (see description of [Nascent Indrik)

It's really that simple.

That is exactly the way I understood it. Assuming one berry will cost also ten (10) Event-Tickets it will take us 360 Tickets in total to get all five (5) Mounts. Therefore - as I worte above - I don't want to loose any Ticket I am able to get my hands on :blush: !

Best regards
    ShadowPaladin
    Options
  • MilwaukeeScott
    MilwaukeeScott
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Plus 8 feathers for the contest!

uSy0ojG.png
    PS4NA

All I see is hate and rage from people who don't understand how to.....
    Options
  • Royaji
    Royaji
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

It's really that simple.

That is exactly the way I understood it. Assuming one berry will cost also ten (10) Event-Tickets it will take us 360 Tickets in total to get all five (5) Mounts. Therefore - as I worte above - I don't want to loose any Ticket I am able to get my hands on :blush: !

Best regards
    ShadowPaladin

Sometimes the way you understand something is the correct one. Just go grab your extra feathers now if you want them all.
    Options
  • ShadowPaladin
    ShadowPaladin
    ✭✭✭✭

It's really that simple.

Best regards
    ShadowPaladin

Sometimes the way you understand something is the correct one. Just go grab your extra feathers now if you want them all.

Guess what I am going to do tomorrow :wink: .

Best regards
    ShadowPaladin
    Options
  • Jaraal
    Jaraal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Plus we have ZOS employees telling players to destroy duplicate feathers, while the official release encourages us to collect 8 within the next five weeks.

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/446768/dont-buy-a-second-indrik-feather
    RIP Bosmer Nation. 4/4/14 - 2/25/19.
    Options
  • Ydrisselle
    Ydrisselle
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    uSy0ojG.png

Most of the European players can't participate in that, so it's not that important here...
    Options
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jaraal wrote: »
    Plus we have ZOS employees telling players to destroy duplicate feathers, while the official release encourages us to collect 8 within the next five weeks.

With ZOS, sometimes one hand does not know what the other hand is doing. Secrecy in the ranks must be maintained at all costs. :smile: Anyway, the statement from CS needs to be confirmed before it is considered canon.
    PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
    Options
  • RANKK7
    RANKK7
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ydrisselle wrote: »
    uSy0ojG.png

Most of the European players can't participate in that, so it's not that important here...

It seems very odd that's the only purpose double feathers could have.

We should be able to get another nascent Indrik with them, the most logical purpose since they are available to buy double.

A confirmation would be great though.

Edited by RANKK7 on November 22, 2018 10:56PM
    lll
    "I really don't know who the **** came off with this change. Definitely somebody who does not play the game, that's for sure".
    lll
    Options
  • SpacemanSpiff1
    SpacemanSpiff1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I'll be capped om tickets tomorrow and was hoping there had been an answer for this.
    Options
  • xenowarrior92eb17_ESO
    xenowarrior92eb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    bruh 1 feather per season...4 seasons 4 feather types...u need 1 of each...simple math...wtf?
    Options
  • Lorem123
    Lorem123
    ✭✭✭
    If memory serves me right, the ingame tutorial in the Help section clearly states that the Nascent Indrik is removed from your collectibles when you evolve it and you can then acquire it anew. This means that in the end to get all 4 evolved forms and one last Nascent Indrik you'll need 5 of each feather.

As somebody said above it will eventually cost 360 tickets to get all 5 Indriks.

These 4 events that accompany the release of the 4 feathers allow to get up to 81 event tickets if you use every possible day. Which is just enough to buy each feather twice.
    Edited by Lorem123 on November 22, 2018 11:22PM
    Options
  • Mattock_Romulus
    Mattock_Romulus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Oberstein wrote: »
    From what i know we need 4 kind of feather to summon mount itself, 4 kind of berries to upgrade mount.

This guy gets it.
    Options
  • Mattock_Romulus
    Mattock_Romulus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jaraal wrote: »

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/446768/dont-buy-a-second-indrik-feather

In this case destroying the feather was required to avoid enriching the person with additional feathers they did not earn.

Having extra feathers is still useful for the added sweepstakes entry.
    Options
  • Jaraal
    Jaraal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    RANKK7 wrote: »
    Ydrisselle wrote: »
    uSy0ojG.png

It seems very odd that's the only purpose double feathers could have.

We should be able to get another nascent Indrik with them, the most logical purpose since they are available to buy double.

Agreed. If they only wanted us to collect a total of four feathers, they would have made them unique items, so that people wouldn't be able to accidentally buy duplicates of the first feather, as some of my guildmates have done, and destroyed the duplicate out of frustration, essentially throwing away 10 tickets' worth of effort in the process.

Not only this instance, but the overall continuing lack of clarity and communication from the powers that be here is quite disappointing.
    Options
  • SydneyGrey
    SydneyGrey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I agree we need clarification.
    I can now buy three feathers, but there are only two available. Does this mean there won't be another available until the Undaunted event, and any more tickets I get during CC will be wasted after tomorrow unless I get a duplicate feather? Is it a secret we aren't supposed to know the answer to? Are they afraid that too much information will cause our brains to swell and send us all to the hospital?
    If the cap on the number of tickets wasn't so low, it wouldn't be an issue.

And please nobody answer unless you're 100% sure, because if I wanted to guess, I could just guess on my own.
    Options
  • randomkeyhits
    randomkeyhits
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Given how many tickets you can earn, if you've been collecting them all then currently there is no reason not to grab that first duplicate as the only other option is to discard any additional earned tickets.

I'd sooner have a duplicate feather I can delete rather than look back at discarded tickets which I can't use to buy one if it turns out we can evolve more than one indrik.

Also how do we acquire the berries? Not found any mention yet, will they be tickets as well?
    EU PS4
    Options
  • Jaraal
    Jaraal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    SydneyGrey wrote: »
    Is it a secret we aren't supposed to know the answer to? Are they afraid that too much information will cause our brains to swell and send us all to the hospital?

I suspect they have corporate lawyers looking over their shoulders telling them not to say anything that could become a potential legal challenge. The more stuff you promise, the more pressure you are under to provide said promised stuff in a timely fashion. A customer with no expectations is a customer that is rarely disappointed.

However, they have created (wittingly or unwittingly, only they can say) a situation where today, one group of players (those who buy duplicate feathers in anticipation of future rewards) or another group of player (those who only buy one of each and stop earning tickets until the start of the next event) is going to be severely disappointed. And that doesn't even involve the sweepstakes, where they have told us to get all the feathers we can carry, or the CS response telling the one player there is no use for any duplicate feathers, so destroy it immediately.

This is all making my brain hurt! But, I expect no response from them either way, so I, personally, and going to earn every ticket I can and buy eight feathers before the end of the year. What's the worst that can happen? They ban me for exploiting the lack of the unique tag on feathers? Wait..... don't answer that! :open_mouth:

Options
  • mreisse
    mreisse
    ✭✭✭
    I have no confirmation but I'm 100% sure so I'm buying my 1st duplicate feather tomorrow and getting every event ticket possible to the end of the event. If it turns out I can't use the duplicate in the future, cest la vie.

I will buy it on a different toon though, to hold it in different inventory :)
    Options
  • Jaraal
    Jaraal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    mreisse wrote: »
    I will buy it on a different toon though, to hold it in different inventory :)

I have heard that while you can only keep one of each type of feather in the bank, you CAN store your duplicate in a house storage container. Now, whether or not you'll have to carry your future triplicate feather around with you wherever you go remains to be seen.

Edited by Jaraal on November 23, 2018 12:21AM
    Options
  • BahometZ
    BahometZ
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    How I (and I think most people) understand it, you need 4 feathers to get the plain indrik, then berries evolve it into a special one. Agreed? To get another indrik we need another 4 feathers. You essentially start over again. Some tickets might carry over, although we can't be sure of that I suppose.

Someone made the point that we can only be sure about this year. Next year is next year, and we haven't received official word on exactly how things will work down the line.

So the big question for me is, when I reach the point in this event where I can buy a duplicate feather, should I do so? In anticipation for when I will need another feather down the line. Seeing as I can only hold 12 tickets, and the event has four more days remaining, I will max out my tickets and waste some slots.

I realise that this event has more tickets available than the previous one probably to allow people to catch up, rather than to sprint ahead, but if you can sprint why wouldn't you?
    Pact Magplar - Max CP (NA XB)
    Options
  • Taleof2Cities
    Taleof2Cities
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Don’t expect an answer soon ... most ZOS employees are enjoying the American Holiday with families and friends.
    Options
  • Sylvermynx
    Sylvermynx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I guess I'm approaching this a bit differently. I have the first two feathers. I will have 12 tickets tomorrow. I'm not going to run the event the other days as I have other things to do (like level girls....) Now, I am not going to be at all interested in the Undaunted event, so I'll buy the third feather when it's available, and wait until New Life to get the fourth one.

I'm not fussed about whether we can have all the indriks or not. I tend to not duplicate mounts - a Dawnwood Indrik will be perfect for my wild-child bosmer warden, and that's all I'm concerned with right now.
    Options
  • akl77
    akl77
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don’t understand why the vendor can’t sell all 4 feathers at the moment, I already got 2 feathers and capped at 12 tickets and events still going on, why only selling 2 feathers when we’re supposed to collect 4 feathers.
    Pc na
    Options