The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

This is the discounted price LMAO!

• weedgenius
    weedgenius
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    gepe87 wrote: »
    Whats the undiscounted price? 5000 C? For a dyed spider mount that already was available?

Will probably be 4000
    PS4 NA
    Better Homes & Gardens
  • Czeri
    Czeri
    ✭✭✭✭
    When they announced the mount I expected i would want it. I got the original spider when it was first released and I love it. Unfortunately after I previewed the black version in game, it just looked ugly. I much prefer the golden version I already own. So that was a relief, since now I don't have to worry about the price :-)
  • Knootewoot
    Knootewoot
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Gargath wrote: »
    Deyirn wrote: »
    I don't get why people even care about mounts and other cosmetics. I like my default brown horse and how I can use the Outfitting station to make my character look like regular NPC that blends in rather than look like some shiny superhero, like the rest of the shiny superheroes.

w490EnV.jpg

We'll talk again once you get 8 or more of the same looking fully levelled default brown horses and regular NPC-like characters ;).

All my (5) characters look like bums or regular NPC's. All use the white imperial horse or brown horse except one. My main has the mind shriven horse and wear the soul shriven robe. For firestaff i use the regular wooden staff. I don't need to fancy stuff.

And what did you guys expect of the discount? I was expecting this. 10% gold increase, 10% xp increase.. so yeah 10% crown decrease.

I still see no reason to sub with discounts like this. Those few extra crowns per month also don't really do it.
    Edited by Knootewoot on November 14, 2018 8:15AM
    ٩(͡๏̯͡๏)۶
    "I am a nightblade. Blending the disciplines of the stealthy agent and subtle wizard, I move unseen and undetected, foil locks and traps, and teleport to safety when threatened, or strike like a viper from ambush. The College of Illusion hides me and fuddles or pacifies my opponents. The College of Mysticism detects my object, reflects and dispels enemy spells, and makes good my escape. The key to a nightblade's success is avoidance, by spell or by stealth; with these skills, all things are possible."
  • Vapirko
    Vapirko
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    All I can say is I’ve never spent a penny on mounts and I have what I consider a fair collection of interesting mounts from events, free crown crates and saved up gems. Why people feel the need to buy expensive crown store cosmetics and mounts it’s far beyond me.
  • Banana
    Banana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Whens my no lag sub 300 ping coming to the crown store. I might pay that
  • Cpt_Teemo
    Cpt_Teemo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Banana wrote: »
    Whens my no lag sub 300 ping coming to the crown store. I might pay that

Just 15k crowns a week :D
  • mxxo
    mxxo
    ✭✭✭✭
    The discounted price for ESO+ makes no sense anyway. Who isnt an ESO+ Subscriber wont buy a Mount for 4000 Crowns..
  • albesca
    albesca
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Gaeliator wrote: »
    FYI. FO76 (pc) servers are live now.
    /confused

What connection is between ESO and FO76? You think that here is a nest of Todd's fans who will play whatever is thrown in the market? I bet FO and TES fanbase intersection is 15-20% max.

I'm not sure the intersection is that small, but Fallout and The Elder Scrolls have very different settings and tone, and from the little I've read about FO76 it's quite different from ESO, so I'd say that less than half the ESO players are interested in a Fallout MMO
    PC EU

Khajiit has no time for you
  • Wayshuba
    Wayshuba
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ah, price doesn't bother me. ESO+ or not, if I don't like a mount or feel it is too expensive I just don't buy it. Same reason I have never chased mounts in Crown Crates.

Personally, I think a mount should be 2000-2500 Crowns tops - always. Then, if you want to do something for ESO member then the range should be 1000-1500.
    Edited by Wayshuba on November 14, 2018 11:51AM
  • ZOS_RikardD
    ZOS_RikardD
    admin
    Greetings,

We have removed some comments for being off-topic or otherwise not constructive and unnecessary.

Please remember to keep comments on-topic and constructive, thank you!
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
  • Alpheu5
    Alpheu5
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Knootewoot wrote: »
    I don't get why people even care about mounts and other cosmetics. I like my default brown horse and how I can use the Outfitting station to make my character look like regular NPC that blends in rather than look like some shiny superhero, like the rest of the shiny superheroes.

w490EnV.jpg

We'll talk again once you get 8 or more of the same looking fully levelled default brown horses and regular NPC-like characters ;).

All my (5) characters look like bums or regular NPC's. All use the white imperial horse or brown horse except one. My main has the mind shriven horse and wear the soul shriven robe. For firestaff i use the regular wooden staff. I don't need to fancy stuff.

And what did you guys expect of the discount? I was expecting this. 10% gold increase, 10% xp increase.. so yeah 10% crown decrease.

I still see no reason to sub with discounts like this. Those few extra crowns per month also don't really do it.

10% off every Crown Store purchase would be more in line with the other rewards, not a single item that not necessarily everyone cares for. 10% off one thing is akin to a cheap coupon in your newspaper for off-brand detergent.
    Edited by Alpheu5 on November 14, 2018 2:45PM
    Dalek-Rok - Argonian Sorcerer || Dalek-Shād - Argonian Nightblade || Dalek-Shul - Argonian Templar || Dalek-Xal - Argonian Dragonknight || Mounts-the-Snout - Argonian Warden || Dalek-Xul - Argonian Necromancer || Two-Spires - Argonian Arcanist || Dalek-Nesh - Argonian Sorcerer || Dalek-Kör - Argonian Dragonknight
    Don't incorporate bugs into your builds, and you won't have [an] issue.
  • starkerealm
    starkerealm
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    EQBallzz wrote: »
    The whole purpose of a cash shop is greed. Cash shops in games are like a disease. It doesn't matter where on the greed spectrum the cash shop falls..it's eventually going to make you sick.

But, whose greed?

The greed of publishers? Which viewed MMOs as impossible to pirate in the mid-2000s, leading to the massive waves of them oversaturating the market in the early 2010s.

Or of players, who decided they didn't want to pay developers to continue producing content for the games they enjoyed playing.

There's a sad irony here, because AAA games cost more to develop than ever before, while also being less expensive (when adjusted for inflation), than they ever did. And you can say things like, "oh, I don't care about graphics," because that is where a lot of the money goes, but if you skimp on that, there will always be a legion of idiots who will spring up and declare that "Fallout 4 looks like it has graphics from 1998," by people who were clearly born after the turn of the millennium.

So we're paying significantly less, for products that cost more to make, and as result need to sell way more copies to be profitable.

This is made worse for MMOs, because dev doesn't stop when box ships. This is what got Atari's MMOs in so much trouble. They treated them like normal boxed releases, on the idea that players would stick around for years after launch because they told them to.

And, of course, the glut of MMOs on the market came out of a desire to sabotage pirates. Because, spending any money for a product you enjoy was apparently a bridge too far for some. Leading to publishers getting adversarial, and then the pirates screaming, "see, I TOLD YOU SO, they're just greedy." And you can't pirate a game that has to be online to play, because large chunks of the code base only exist on central servers.

Now, I've seen devs that take microtransactions and get abusive with them. That is a thing. Stuff where you need to cough up, or you hit an artificial level cap while everyone else keeps going. Or, where you need to pay or you'll get wrecked by other players. But, ESO has none of that. There's more stuff to do if you're paying, and of course, there's cool looking things. But, there's no, "gotcha! Insert coin to continue," moment.

People didn't want to pay the sub. That's fine, that's their choice. But, this was the alternative. This was always the alternative.
    Edited by starkerealm on November 14, 2018 9:46PM
  • Ramber
    Ramber
    ✭✭✭✭
    maybe give it IBS so you hear some nosises

w490EnV.jpg

no super powers??? you must be Batman!
  • G1Countdown
    G1Countdown
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It sounds like you misunderstand the issue. The issue is that ZOS is marketing this as a feature/benefit/incentive to paying eso plus members as if we can’t see this as a poorly disguised attempt to drain the wallets of those paying eso plus members.

It’s NOT a feature, benefit or an incentive for players. Its a marketing strategy.
    Edited by G1Countdown on November 14, 2018 7:30PM
  • Delpi
    Delpi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm not angry but.. I'm just sad because of this.
    "I used to be an adventurer like you. Then I took an arrow in the knee..."
  • Cpt_Teemo
    Cpt_Teemo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    It sounds like you misunderstand the issue. The issue is that ZOS is marketing this as a feature/benefit/incentive to paying eso plus members as if we can’t see this as a poorly disguised attempt to drain the wallets of those paying eso plus members.

It’s NOT a feature, benefit or an incentive for players. Its a marketing strategy.

Leaning a bit more towards no marketing except for 2% of the whales in game soon if it keeps up though :#
  • therift
    therift
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    There are exactly two items in the brand new, just released, never-had-this-before ESO Plus exclusive store and the people are outraged.

And of these two items, one is free.

It's a first effort. I've seen a couple dozen of those mounts in game (PS4 NA), so obviously it's not a total failure. But watching the wailing and gnashing of teeth on this thread over a simple cosmetic and Zenimax's initial guesstimate of the maximum marginal profit price point is at once hilarious and depressing.

For what it's worth, this item is priced too high for my taste. But it didn't cause me to suffer indigestion, induce a brain aneurysm, or summon a mob of rabble with torches and pitchforks to storm Zenimax's HQ.

Really, people, some of the reactions to the price point of a cosmetic is really over the top.

I love the idea of expanded ESO Plus benefits. While the Dwemer mount is a 'pass' for me, I'm looking forward to the future.
  • Cpt_Teemo
    Cpt_Teemo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Not exactly free, you need ESO+ to claim it
  • therift
    therift
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Cpt_Teemo wrote: »

The thread is intended for ESO Plus subscribers, in which ESO Plus subscribers are sharing their opinions on the newest ESO Plus benefit, so your observation, while technically correct, is actually moot.
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cpt_Teemo wrote: »

But I heard it'll be available for everyone at about 4k

Either way I'm 900-1300 short to even think about it
    Gamer tag: DasPanzerKat NA Xbox One
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • Gargath
    Gargath
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Maybe if this special dwemer mount had some unique effect after mounted, but even it's red light and flapping effect are exactly the same as for the basic spider.
    PC EU (PL): 14 characters. ESO player since 06.08.2015. Farkas finest quote: "Some people don't think I'm smart. Those people get my fist. But you, I like."
  • therift
    therift
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Maybe if this special dwemer mount had some unique effect after mounted, but even it's red light and flapping effect are exactly the same as for the basic spider.

I think Zenimax should have put 5-6 items in the ESO Plus store at various price points, not only to make a much better impression when launching this benefit, but also to better gauge the types of items and price points ESO Plus subscribers find most appealing.

I found two items to be underwhelming. The Molag Bal statue for free is great. The reskinned Dwemer mount... not so much.
  • Tan9oSuccka
    Tan9oSuccka
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    These mounts make me laugh.

Kinda like seeing two guys doubled up on a Honda Spree.

:)
    Of course I like steak. I'm a Nord, aren't I?
    -Berj Stoneheart
  • Greysson
    Greysson
    ✭✭✭✭
    therift wrote: »
    There are exactly two items in the brand new, just released, never-had-this-before ESO Plus exclusive store and the people are outraged.

It's a first effort. I've seen a couple dozen of those mounts in game (PS4 NA), so obviously it's not a total failure. But watching the wailing and gnashing of teeth on this thread over a simple cosmetic and Zenimax's initial guesstimate of the maximum marginal profit price point is at once hilarious and depressing.

For what it's worth, this item is priced too high for my taste. But it didn't cause me to suffer indigestion, induce a brain aneurysm, or summon a mob of rabble with torches and pitchforks to storm Zenimax's HQ.

Really, people, some of the reactions to the price point of a cosmetic is really over the top.

I love the idea of expanded ESO Plus benefits. While the Dwemer mount is a 'pass' for me, I'm looking forward to the future.

I have seen exactly one on PC/EU by now.

Let me try to explain my feelings about this:

It is the first time for the new ESO+ benefits and they come up with a dwemer spider (which are anyways not that popular) with a 10% discount (or 20% if the final price will be 4500 crowns).
    That is just ridiculous.
    If i just want people to buy my stuff and present a new feature, i would like to impress them. Give them something what makes them grab after it. But this is just unimpressive.
    It is an overpriced and reworked mount, which has an small fanbase anyways. You can count the dwemer spiders on hand hand that you will see in a whole week.

Thats why i feel fooled by the new ESO+ benefits.
  • Perwulf
    Perwulf
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    gepe87 wrote: »
    Whats the undiscounted price? 5000 C? For a dyed spider mount that already was available?

4,000 crowns
    therift wrote: »

People are pissed because they removed the 6 free crate for ESO+ subscribers and replaced it with this insult of a discount.

Now someone burn this white knight.
    "Monsters doesn't exist, we create them"
  • Jaraal
    Jaraal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'd rather have 6 free crates than a crappy discount on a mount I'd never buy or use. But this way ZOS can squeeze a little more cash out of a few people, rather than getting no cash from people who will open free crates.
    RIP Bosmer Nation. 4/4/14 - 2/25/19.
  • Meathook94
    Meathook94
    ✭✭✭
    10% is less than the appropriate tip for a waiter, so this is kinda insulting in a way.
  • Wolfkeks
    Wolfkeks
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ravenarc wrote: »
    Literally a middle finger on the face like how they announced Diablo immortal for mobile. I must say, it is a sad day for those longing for a decent Dwarven spider mount.

Discounted price they said. Exclusive mount they said. :D
    CxqQbcO.jpg

Imo, at this price rate, this should be exclusive instead of early access for this kind of quality or It should at least have some VFX included. But seeing this price tag for just a simple mount reskin, it saddens me to think of the price of radiant/apex mounts if they were sold in crownstore instead of clown crates. Also since this is a new ESO+ model, I think this is their marketing team testing the waters so thread carefully guys unless you want to see more of these in the future.
    1cv6aKN.jpg

Mate, I found your mount picture in a german arcticle about the crazy eso plus prices :joy:
    Way to go!
    https://mein-mmo.de/eso-premium-shop-preise/
    "Sheggorath, you are the Skooma Cat, for what is crazier than a cat on skooma?" - Fadomai
    EU PC 2000+ CP professional mudballer and pie thrower
    Former Emperor, Grand Overlord, vAA hm, vHelRa hm, vSO hm, vMoL hm, vHoF hm, vAS+2, vCR+3, vSS hm, vKA, vRG, Flawless Conquerer, Spirit Slayer
  • gepe87
    gepe87
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hey! I want my seasonal crap Crate potions back!
    Gepe, Dunmer MagSorc Pact Grand Overlord | Gaepe, Bosmer MagSorc Dominion General

If you see edits on my replies: typos. English isn't my main language
  • Perwulf
    Perwulf
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wolfkeks wrote: »
    ravenarc wrote: »
    Literally a middle finger on the face like how they announced Diablo immortal for mobile. I must say, it is a sad day for those longing for a decent Dwarven spider mount.

Discounted price they said. Exclusive mount they said. :D
    CxqQbcO.jpg

Imo, at this price rate, this should be exclusive instead of early access for this kind of quality or It should at least have some VFX included. But seeing this price tag for just a simple mount reskin, it saddens me to think of the price of radiant/apex mounts if they were sold in crownstore instead of clown crates. Also since this is a new ESO+ model, I think this is their marketing team testing the waters so thread carefully guys unless you want to see more of these in the future.
    1cv6aKN.jpg
    Mate, I found your mount picture in a german arcticle about the crazy eso plus prices :joy:
    Way to go!
    https://mein-mmo.de/eso-premium-shop-preise/

Du1dqQ0.jpg

My modelling career is on rise!
    okUkbp5.jpg
    Edited by Perwulf on November 17, 2018 3:34AM
    "Monsters doesn't exist, we create them"