The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

This is the discounted price LMAO!

• Bhaal5
    Bhaal5
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Aliyavana wrote: »
    Robvenom wrote: »
    I would be embarrassed to ride that mount.

Might as well hold a big red sign saying "I am part of the problem".

U don't tell us what to spend our money on. This mount is merely cosmetic it it was p2w I would agree

His merely saying, dont encourage zos's bad business practices. Overpriced underdeveloped cosmetic for $35 (my home currency), doesnt scream "valve" but a little more like "scam"
  • Bouldercleave
    Bouldercleave
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    1. The "discounted" price is a bit insulting for people that have supported the game by subscribing - many from the verry beginning.
    2. I feel that the very first special eso+ offer should have been SPECIAL. Not a reskin at a tiny discount.
    3. full disclosure - I despise Dwemer mounts so I will not be partaking.

This is a bit of a kick to the happy sack for a LOT of people - Myself included.

• Reistr_the_Unbroken
    Reistr_the_Unbroken
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Deyirn wrote: »
    I don't get why people even care about mounts and other cosmetics. I like my default brown horse and how I can use the Outfitting station to make my character look like regular NPC that blends in rather than look like some shiny superhero, like the rest of the shiny superheroes.

w490EnV.jpg
    When I finally get a soul-shriv skin I’m going to make my vampire main look like a depressed slave-

I mean wut
  • Mureel
    Mureel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Seriously everyone ever: Don’t buy it then!

I’m not gonna buy it, but businesses need to make money. Simple as dirt.

What do you care what other people spend on cosmetic BS?!

You get to play with no sub if that’s what you want, and someone needs to pay for that privelege for you.

Be GLAD there are people keeping this game afloat with their little collectibles and such; they’re the reason you don’t have to.

Just leave it if you don’t want it, and be glad you don’t have to pay to buy anything you actually need.

Let people enjoy things. It’s what also allows everyone else a free pass.

At the end of the day, if enough cosmetics aren’t sold, the monetisation will move in directions you won’t like.

Leave well enough alone and just be happy.

ESO is literally the least money grabby game that’s actually good that even exists.

Let it be.
    Edited by Mureel on November 13, 2018 8:12PM
  • Cpt_Teemo
    Cpt_Teemo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    1. The "discounted" price is a bit insulting for people that have supported the game by subscribing - many from the verry beginning.
    2. I feel that the very first special eso+ offer should have been SPECIAL. Not a reskin at a tiny discount.

This is a bit of a kick to the happy sack for a LOT of people - Myself included.

I mean even PS / Xbox have way better sales than these small discounts ZoS has come on ZoS give better discounts !
  • Perwulf
    Perwulf
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jayne_Doe wrote: »
    I will say that I'm somewhat disappointed that the ESO+ discount on "exclusive offers" is only 10%. This price is 10% off of 4,000 crowns, which is presumably the price that everyone will pay next month. That's the same price of the previous reskin (the blue-light special). The original was 3,000 crowns, but pretty basic, which is exactly what I wanted.

I'm also disappointed that the "exclusive offers" appear to only be timed exclusives, so everyone will have access to them at some point. I'm hoping there will be other exclusive offers which are either discounted more or not time-exclusive.

Also hoping that future "exclusive discounts" won't be on gambling.

I'm happy to pay an outright price for something rather than gamble for it. This price is not enough to tempt me to buy it, because it's still more expensive than the original one, which I think looks the best. This one, I don't really like the look of, so it's not worth the price to me. But, someone else who really likes this version and/or really wants a spider mount and missed out on the first two, may think the price is fair (or not).

Price is relative, as what is perfectly reasonable to someone is perfectly outrageous to another. We all have our limits, and rightly so, as we all have different incomes/budgets. But, these are still just cosmetic items and aren't a necessity in life and not even a necessity to play this game. I have to remind myself of this, and it's helped me to become more selective on the items I do purchase in the Crown Store. Unless it's something I really want at a price I'm willing/can afford to pay, then I pass. ZOS is presumably pricing these items according to previous sales. If the first reskin didn't sell at 4,000 crowns, the price on this one might have been lower. But perhaps enough people were willing to spend an additional 1000 crowns for blue lights (over the original 3,000 crown version) to cause them to price this one the same.

You'll get even more disappointed.

We have two upcoming holiday which is black Friday & Christmas. During those times I'm pretty sure that there will be crownsales up to 50%. By December, people will be able to buy this mount at a cheaper price compared to our so called "ESO+ discount." I strongly advise people not to support this marketing gimmick.
    Mureel wrote: »
    Seriously everyone ever: Don’t buy it then!

I’m not gonna buy it, but businesses need to make money. Simple as dirt.

What do you care what other people spend on cosmetic BS?!

You get to play with no sub if that’s what you want, and someone needs to pay for that privelege for you.

Be GLAD there are people keeping this game afloat with their little collectibles and such; they’re the reason you don’t have to.

Just leave it if you don’t want it, and be glad you don’t have to pay to buy anything you actually need.

Let people enjoy things. It’s what also allows everyone else a free pass.

At the end of the day, if enough cosmetics aren’t sold, the monetisation will move in directions you won’t like.

Leave well enough alone and just be happy.

ESO is literally the least money grabby game that’s actually good that even exists.

Let it be.

Whales barely contributes from the percentage of what's keeping this game "afloat," get your facts right. If people starts boycotting this game by not support ESO+, trust me, this game will die.

Edited by Perwulf on November 13, 2018 8:24PM
    "Monsters doesn't exist, we create them"
  • Mureel
    Mureel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Bhaal5 wrote: »
    Aliyavana wrote: »
    Robvenom wrote: »
    I would be embarrassed to ride that mount.

Might as well hold a big red sign saying "I am part of the problem".

U don't tell us what to spend our money on. This mount is merely cosmetic it it was p2w I would agree

His merely saying, dont encourage zos's bad business practices. Overpriced underdeveloped cosmetic for $35 (my home currency), doesnt scream "valve" but a little more like "scam"

But it’s none of your business. It’s zos’ business to sell it and whoever goes in for that and buys it.

The price is irrelevant. People will buy it or not, and imho, people who don’t care about cosmetics should be damned glad they do!
  • valkyrie93
    valkyrie93
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    that’s so ugly damn
    PC EU
  • Alpheu5
    Alpheu5
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I don't get why people even care about mounts and other cosmetics. I like my default brown horse and how I can use the Outfitting station to make my character look like regular NPC that blends in rather than look like some shiny superhero, like the rest of the shiny superheroes.

w490EnV.jpg

Because when you've experienced the majority of the game after years of playing, there are a few things you fall back on to keep yourself entertained:
    • Repeating PvE content
    • PvPing
    • Cosmetics
    And this being a roleplaying game, cosmetics are a pretty important part of building a character's "lore", as it were. When so much of those cosmetics are locked behind tall RNG walls or are temporarily available for unreasonable amounts of time and then later placed behind those RNG walls, it's irksome to those that wish to make their characters complete without feeling highly pressured into obtaining the necessary items before they're gone.
    Mureel wrote: »

If ESO is the only game that qualifies for whatever the category "that's actually good that even exists" covers, then yea, it definitely wins.
    Edited by Alpheu5 on November 13, 2018 8:33PM
    Dalek-Rok - Argonian Sorcerer || Dalek-Shād - Argonian Nightblade || Dalek-Shul - Argonian Templar || Dalek-Xal - Argonian Dragonknight || Mounts-the-Snout - Argonian Warden || Dalek-Xul - Argonian Necromancer || Two-Spires - Argonian Arcanist || Dalek-Nesh - Argonian Sorcerer || Dalek-Kör - Argonian Dragonknight
    Don't incorporate bugs into your builds, and you won't have [an] issue.
  • JinMori
    JinMori
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    It's not necessarily rich people who buy this stuff, usually very rich people tend to be conservative with their money, poor people can;t really buy anything, the most revenue comes from the middle.
  • kadochka
    kadochka
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This needs to have a mounted crossbow for sniping in Cyrodil if they want me to pay that price.
    ravenarc wrote: »
    Ability to climb walls!

Damn right! :D
    if I could make another character, their name would be Cries-For-Character-Slots. AKA, I need more.

• MartiniDaniels
    MartiniDaniels
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Alpheu5 wrote: »

w490EnV.jpg

Because when you've experienced the majority of the game after years of playing, there are a few things you fall back on to keep yourself entertained:
    • Repeating PvE content
    • PvPing
    • Cosmetics
    And this being a roleplaying game, cosmetics are a pretty important part of building a character's "lore", as it were. When so much of those cosmetics are locked behind tall RNG walls or are temporarily available for unreasonable amounts of time and then later placed behind those RNG walls, it's irksome to those that wish to make their characters complete without feeling highly pressured into obtaining the necessary items before they're gone.

++ schoolboys think that if somebody buys something "expensive" it can be done only to show off etc, they don't understand that for adult this 3.5k crowns is literally cost of one meal IRL and this or other mount can be bought it for roleplayin' reasons or like part of mount furniture for dwemer house etc.
  • Cpt_Teemo
    Cpt_Teemo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Alpheu5 wrote: »

w490EnV.jpg

• Repeating PvE content
    • PvPing
    • Cosmetics

++ schoolboys think that if somebody buys something "expensive" it can be done only to show off etc, they don't understand that for adult this 3.5k crowns is literally cost of one meal IRL and this or other mount can be bought it for roleplayin' reasons or like part of mount furniture for dwemer house etc.

I'd rather take the 7 McDonalds meals over 1 in game mount
  • f047ys3v3n
    f047ys3v3n
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Looks nice to me. I would probably buy it if I didn't have the blue accented one.

I do agree on the 10% subscriber discount though. It looks very much like ZOS decided that it is more fitting to give subscribers a 10% discount on a few items that they may or may not want instead of daily crates during the free ESO+ week that will, at the very least, yield useful gems. I feel like we are being fed a bit of a poop sandwich on this one and that ESO+ is still basically, if not entirely, about about that craft bag that is necessary because the inventory management mess otherwise makes the game unplayable.

A lot of hype about the ESO+ changes that seems to me to come down to it being a worse deal.
    I am mostly pleased with the current state of ESO. Please do continue to ban cheaters though and you guys have to find out who is duping gold and how because the economy is currently non-functional.
  • Dithieon
    Dithieon
    ✭✭✭
    Absolutely shameless
    "There is a beast in every man and it stirs when you put a sword in his hand" - Ser Jorah Mormont
  • weedgenius
    weedgenius
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @ravenarc I will be VERY surprised if we ever see another 50% off crown pack discount again, even for Black Friday. It seems those are a thing of the past. If the crown store greed push didn’t worsen over the last year, I would say it was possible. But doing away with the big discounts was only followed by more and more shameless crown store obsession by ZOS. Feel free to bookmark this and rub it in my face if they do deeply discount, but I don’t see it. I was one of those people who saved money from my tax refund to buy one of two of the big crown packs at 50% only to spend $0 when the discount was not comparable. It’s only gone downhill since then.
    PS4 NA
    Better Homes & Gardens
  • Perwulf
    Perwulf
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    f047ys3v3n wrote: »
    Looks nice to me. I would probably buy it if I didn't have the blue accented one.

I do agree on the 10% subscriber discount though. It looks very much like ZOS decided that it is more fitting to give subscribers a 10% discount on a few items that they may or may not want instead of daily crates during the free ESO+ week that will, at the very least, yield useful gems. I feel like we are being fed a bit of a poop sandwich on this one and that ESO+ is still basically, if not entirely, about about that craft bag that is necessary because the inventory management mess otherwise makes the game unplayable.

A lot of hype about the ESO+ changes that seems to me to come down to it being a worse deal.

ZOS might have spoiled us on free stuffs back then and they do have the rights to take it all away but you don't give with one hand, but take away with the other because that's manipulation. No one wants to get manipulated.
    weedgenius wrote: »
    @ravenarc I will be VERY surprised if we ever see another 50% off crown pack discount again, even for Black Friday. It seems those are a thing of the past. If the crown store greed push didn’t worsen over the last year, I would say it was possible. But doing away with the big discounts was only followed by more and more shameless crown store obsession by ZOS. Feel free to bookmark this and rub it in my face if they do deeply discount, but I don’t see it. I was one of those people who saved money from my tax refund to buy one of two of the big crown packs at 50% only to spend $0 when the discount was not comparable. It’s only gone downhill since then.

Easy there, no rubbing will happen because we both see how greedy they've become.

Even if there's no 50%, we will still surely have sales that will save you more crowns than our 10% ESO plus discount privileges so it'll either be cheaper or they'll still pay the same price as we did. Also discounts might not come directly from ZOS during holidays, there are retailers that sells codes and discounted ESO+.

Edited by Perwulf on November 13, 2018 8:54PM
    "Monsters doesn't exist, we create them"
  • SteveCampsOut
    SteveCampsOut
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tell them how you feel with your wallets. Don't buy it if you don't want it. Geeze!
    @ֆȶɛʋɛƈǟʍքֆօʊȶ ʀʋʟɨʄɛ⍟
    Sanguine & Psijic Group Beta Tester.
    Steve's Craftiness Find out what I can make for you at my Google Doc Spreadsheet.
    Pacrooti's Hirelings Website:
    pacrootis.enjin.com/

NA Server:
    Steforax Soulstrong CH782 Sorcerer AD
    Grumpy Kahjiti CH782 Dragonknight AD
    Rheticia Le Drakisius CH782 Nightblade DC
    Razmuzan Thrasmas CH782 Templar EP
    Sheenara Soulstrong CH782 Dragonknight DC
    Erik Ramzey CH782 Nightblade AD
    Growling Kahjiti CH782 Nightblade EP
    One of Many Faces CH782 Sorcerer DC
    Grumpasaurus Rex CH782 Warden DC
    EU Server:
    Guildmaster of Pacrooti's Hirelings AD Based LGBT Friendly Guild.
    Stefrex Souliss CH701 Sorcerer AD
    Grumpy Kahjiti CH701 Dragonknight DC
    Slithisi Ksissi CH701 Nightblade EP
    Pokes-With-Fire CH701 Dragonknight AD
    Josie-The-Pussi-Cat CH701 Templar AD
    Stug-Grog M'God CH701 Templar DC
    One With Many Faces CH701 Nightblade DC
    Trixie Truskan CH701 Sorcerer EP
    Grumpetasaurus Rex CH701 Warden EP
    ESO Plus status: Canceled!
  • molecule
    molecule
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Was looking forward to this mount, but at 3600 crowns i will quote an ex guildie from BF2 and say ' kiss my swingers '.

So by 'discount' Zos mean inflate the price by 300% then knock 5% off for a limited time.

LOL, do you think subsribers are that stupid ?

• SteveCampsOut
    SteveCampsOut
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    molecule wrote: »
    Was looking forward to this mount, but at 3600 crowns i will quote an ex guildie from BF2 and say ' kiss my swingers '.

So by 'discount' Zos mean inflate the price by 300% then knock 5% off for a limited time.

LOL, do you think subsribers are that stupid?

Yes! Yes they do!
    @ֆȶɛʋɛƈǟʍքֆօʊȶ ʀʋʟɨʄɛ⍟
    Sanguine & Psijic Group Beta Tester.
    Steve's Craftiness Find out what I can make for you at my Google Doc Spreadsheet.
    Pacrooti's Hirelings Website:
    pacrootis.enjin.com/

NA Server:
    Steforax Soulstrong CH782 Sorcerer AD
    Grumpy Kahjiti CH782 Dragonknight AD
    Rheticia Le Drakisius CH782 Nightblade DC
    Razmuzan Thrasmas CH782 Templar EP
    Sheenara Soulstrong CH782 Dragonknight DC
    Erik Ramzey CH782 Nightblade AD
    Growling Kahjiti CH782 Nightblade EP
    One of Many Faces CH782 Sorcerer DC
    Grumpasaurus Rex CH782 Warden DC
    EU Server:
    Guildmaster of Pacrooti's Hirelings AD Based LGBT Friendly Guild.
    Stefrex Souliss CH701 Sorcerer AD
    Grumpy Kahjiti CH701 Dragonknight DC
    Slithisi Ksissi CH701 Nightblade EP
    Pokes-With-Fire CH701 Dragonknight AD
    Josie-The-Pussi-Cat CH701 Templar AD
    Stug-Grog M'God CH701 Templar DC
    One With Many Faces CH701 Nightblade DC
    Trixie Truskan CH701 Sorcerer EP
    Grumpetasaurus Rex CH701 Warden EP
    ESO Plus status: Canceled!
  • alanmatillab16_ESO
    alanmatillab16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Kanar wrote: »
    ImmortalCX wrote: »
    When you complain about the price, it just makes it more desirable to the kinds of players who would spend that money.

To a wealthy person, 3500 crown is literally less than a penny to most normal people.

Yeah but dwemer stuff looks like trash, so they have to be both rich and have bad taste.

Those two seem to go in hand when you see what some trust fund brats have done to supercars on Youtube.
  • AhPook_Is_Here
    AhPook_Is_Here
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I totally bought it! It's like being a GUNDAM in ESO!
    “Whatever.”
    -Unknown American
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tell them how you feel with your wallets. Don't buy it if you don't want it. Geeze!

No worries from me on that score. I won't buy a 3600 Crown mount, period.

I see part of the problem being that there are too many ESO Plus members. Based on polls and whatever information comes my way, I figure that more than 2/3rds of the active players are ESO Plus members. That makes for a lot of ESO Plus members. Maybe if they thin the herd a little... get that down below 50%... they will have some incentive to give people a deal in order to bring the numbers back up. :smile: Until then, ESO Plus members are hardly the minority. They are the average active player.
    PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • Colecovision
    Colecovision
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think it's priced correctly if it's going to be on the rare side. If it's too cheap, there's too many of them. The whales will always get what they want either way. But now for the people that are super into this can show their stuff for a little more than two months of subscription crowns. If you hate all things crown store, what are we supposed to do with those crowns? Imo, it's this. Glad there's a couple people in this thread that just want it that much. Have fun with it!
  • Aertew
    Aertew
    ✭✭✭✭
    Is it bad if I get it? I don't have any dwarven spider mounts so....
    Edited by Aertew on November 13, 2018 9:19PM
  • WrathOfTheRipper
    It better come with a lifetime sub to ESO+ and have 70 speed, 70 stamina, and 70 invintory capacity.

My gosh they are really trying to get as much money as they can while they can.
  • sho_nuff
    sho_nuff
    ✭✭✭
    I like it. My wife bought the first deemed spider, and I bought the second. And then I ended up with the first for free.

So I won't be buying it, but if I didn't have the others I definitely would.
  • molecule
    molecule
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think it's priced correctly if it's going to be on the rare side.

It won't be rare, it is on discount for ESO+, then on general sale for all later in the month ( or a few weeks )

'The Ebon Steel Dwarven Spider mount will first be available in the Crown Store in November as an exclusive ESO Plus Deal, then later to all players in December'

You are not even paying over the top for an exclusive mount
    Edited by molecule on November 13, 2018 9:30PM
  • Veinblood1965
    Veinblood1965
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Oh how sad I just bought a merchant last night with my ESO plus crowns I've been saving! I'd jump on this if I hadn't I like the look of the old golden colored one. I might just spring for one tonight! Might even go out and buy a Hummer tomorrow lol!
    Edited by Veinblood1965 on November 13, 2018 9:32PM
  • Gargath
    Gargath
    ✭✭✭✭✭

w490EnV.jpg

We'll talk again once you get 8 or more of the same looking fully levelled default brown horses and regular NPC-like characters ;).
    PC EU (PL): 14 characters. ESO player since 06.08.2015. Farkas finest quote: "Some people don't think I'm smart. Those people get my fist. But you, I like."