The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

Puncturing Sweeps,Jabs and Dark Flare are all broken. Not OP. BROKEN. Video of Dark Flare added.

• MrUntouchable
    MrUntouchable
    ✭✭
    Hey guys, just wanted to confirm we have seen this thread and are currently investigating some potential fixes for this issue. Thank you!

Where I am glad to finally have some news in regards to our concerns, I am still disappointed it took this long just to be acknowledged. I am not trying to be a jerk, but if you had a concern with something that you were actively spending your money on and it went unanswered for this long, I believe you would be upset about it as well. It's unacceptable for any company. This is definitely an area in which this company can improve, because I doubt that this is the first time anyone has looked at this thread, it's been on top for a majority of the time since the release of Murkmire. All anyone had to say was exactly what you just said, and that could have been said much sooner than it was.
  • MrUntouchable
    MrUntouchable
    ✭✭
    Liam12548 wrote: »

I'm sorry Liam it looks like this will be released on the console as well. Hopefully you only have to deal with it for a week though. If it isn't fixed on next Monday I would be amazed.
  • j3crow
    j3crow
    ✭✭✭
    Hey guys, just wanted to confirm we have seen this thread and are currently investigating some potential fixes for this issue. Thank you!

Thank you for the follow-up!
  • JimmyJuJu
    JimmyJuJu
    ✭✭✭✭

Where I am glad to finally have some news in regards to our concerns, I am still disappointed it took this long just to be acknowledged. I am not trying to be a jerk, but if you had a concern with something that you were actively spending your money on and it went unanswered for this long, I believe you would be upset about it as well. It's unacceptable for any company. This is definitely an area in which this company can improve, because I doubt that this is the first time anyone has looked at this thread, it's been on top for a majority of the time since the release of Murkmire. All anyone had to say was exactly what you just said, and that could have been said much sooner than it was.

I try to give the ZOS team the benefit. Like many game studios I'm sure they run lean. They support a very large and complex game environment across multiple platforms and geo's. They rely on 3rd-parties (e.g. Valve/Steam) for some of their platform, which is 100% out of their control. AND - they report to a (probably) unforgiving financial overlord - Bethesda. On top of all that, the market right now for good tech & dev folks is pretty tight, which I'm sure adds to the pain.

So I just kind of *shrug* and assume they are doing their best. And while there are many aspects of the game that are subpar (dungeon finder) or just flat broken (sweeps), there is way, way more that actually works pretty well.
  • Mintaka5
    Mintaka5
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Maybe it just got slowed down intentionally.

L2P

Git gud!

Adapt!

...and all those other gaming cliches.
  • MrUntouchable
    MrUntouchable
    ✭✭
    JimmyJuJu wrote: »

I try to give the ZOS team the benefit. Like many game studios I'm sure they run lean. They support a very large and complex game environment across multiple platforms and geo's. They rely on 3rd-parties (e.g. Valve/Steam) for some of their platform, which is 100% out of their control. AND - they report to a (probably) unforgiving financial overlord - Bethesda. On top of all that, the market right now for good tech & dev folks is pretty tight, which I'm sure adds to the pain.

So I just kind of *shrug* and assume they are doing their best. And while there are many aspects of the game that are subpar (dungeon finder) or just flat broken (sweeps), there is way, way more that actually works pretty well.

I disagree, I believe game companies have the money to hire enough people to deal with things like this. And it isn't just ZOS, many game companies have poor customer service. Any other type of business I deal with in my day to day has adequate customer service. We tolerate these game companies lack of service because it is something we have come to expect. Somehow it has become the norm for companies in this business. And regardless of all of that, I highly doubt that Gina just happened to log on today and just now saw this post. I would be willing to bet that they have seen it for sometime now and have just refused to comment. I mean it took her what? An entire 2 minutes to type what she typed. We could have used that acknowledgement two weeks ago, it's unacceptable how ever you choose to look at it. And on top of all of that, I know for a fact that the class reps have been telling them about this since Murkmires launch.
    Edited by MrUntouchable on November 6, 2018 1:54AM
  • React
    React
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I disagree, I believe game companies have the money to hire enough people to deal with things like this. And it isn't just ZOS, many game companies have poor customer service. Any other type of business I deal with in my day to day has adequate customer service. We tolerate these game companies lack of service because it is something we have come to expect. Somehow it has become the norm for companies in this business. And regardless of all of that, I highly doubt that Gina just happened to log on today and just now saw this post. I would be willing to bet that they have seen it for sometime now and have just refused to comment. I mean it took her what? An entire 2 minutes to type what she typed. We could have used that acknowledgement two weeks ago, it's unacceptable how ever you choose to look at it. And on top of all of that, I know for a fact that the class reps have been telling them about this since Murkmires launch.

Agreed. It's insane that we had to take the whole staff 10+ times to get a comment. This issue is going to destroy jabs, probably until the next patch comes out. Woohoo, buff my stamplar but make it basically unplayable in any sort of lag. At this point we might as well just make jabs dodgeable again and call it a day.
    @ReactSlower - PC/NA - 2000+ CP
    React Faster - XB/NA - 1500+ CP
    Content
    Twitch.tv/reactfaster
    Youtube.com/@ReactFaster
  • Mureel
    Mureel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Svenja wrote: »
    I noticed this too. Looks exactly like in the videos @Trinity_Is_My_Name posted. Weird delay until the skill goes off again which makes it really clunky. The last part of the animation kinda feels "too long and too slow".

I think this even when jabs are working as intended. Worst animation in entire game imho.

Magplars really need a more viable range option. *Force Pulse Weave* :(
    Edited by Mureel on November 6, 2018 3:59PM
  • JimmyJuJu
    JimmyJuJu
    ✭✭✭✭

Well, I do agree that ZOS needs to hire more community reps. Leaving it all to Gina and Jessica is just poor form. There probably need to be at least 2 more full-time reps. But, that's not my decision.

As for the game itself, new content and features is what sells and retains players so that's where they will focus their efforts. I'm certain a lot of performance issues we see now are because of decisions made back in 2011/12 when the foundations of the game we laid. It's now 2018/2019 - 7 or 8 years later. That's the technology equivalent of 200 human years. So really, I don't know if ZOS will ever be able to completely "fix" some of the core performance problems without basically rebuilding the entire game engine. We'll call that ESO vNext.

All that said, I still think they are doing their best (or at least trying). It doesn't really make sense for a commercial enterprise to willfully suck at customer service. I will continue to give them the benefit. I feel I get a lot of value out of my subscription, even with all the flaws. Peace.
  • itscompton
    itscompton
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_JessicaFolsom @ZOS_Gilliam @ZOS_RobGarrett @ZOS_BrianWheeler

I can confirm this bug is in the console release for PS4 as well. The delay between sweeps is immediately noticeable and is so impactful it's easily the difference between life and death in PvP. Please stay on top communicating with us on this issue in regards to a fix date for PC and console because it renders an entire class virtually unplayable for DPS/PVP.
    Edited by itscompton on November 7, 2018 12:48AM
  • dengodadegen
    dengodadegen
    ✭✭
    Any news ?
    - If it don't fit don't force it -
    Swedish drummer
  • Cortimi
    Cortimi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I knew I wasn't crazy! Soon as I loaded my Stamplar and hit a mob..."eww gross, why is this so slow....wait...WHY ARE YOU STOPPING?!" The constant start and stop of it is terrible and it's so damn clunky.

So jabs is broken, shade is broken, did they break literally every skill they touched this patch?
    Xbox NA: Soviet Messiah
    EP: Cortimi - Imperial StamDK
    EP: Melga - Orc StamDen (Dah Bear)
    EP: Narileya - Nord StamPlar (Mad cuz Bad)
    EP: Corvaera - Bosmer Orc StamSorc (RIP)

PS4 NA (Retired at CP835): Soviet-Messiah:
    EP: Cortimi - Imperial StamDK
    DC: Melga gra-Antilae - StamDen
    AD: Corvaera - Bosmer StamSorc
    Urvoth wrote: »
    CP is a crutch for people who can’t sustain and want to be "tanky" so they aren’t immediately punished for making mistakes.
  • D0PAMINE
    D0PAMINE
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Thank you Gina :smiley:
  • Mayrael
    Mayrael
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Oh great... But let's pretend that NBs cloak and shadow image are ok. Would be nice to see some confirmation to... Waiting again 6 months just for acknowledgement and then next 6 months for fix is nowhere close to developing.
    Say no to Toxic Casuals!
    I am doing my best, but I am not a native speaker, sorry.

"Difficulty scaling is desperately needed. 9 years. 6 paid expansions. 24 DLCs. 40 game changing updates including A Realm Reborn-tier overhaul of the game including a permanent CP160 gear cap and ridiculous power creep thereafter. I'm sick and tired of hearing about Cadwell Silver&Gold as a "you think you do but you don't"-tier deflection to any criticism regarding the lack of overland difficulty in the game." - @AlexanderDeLarge
  • D0PAMINE
    D0PAMINE
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Mayrael wrote: »

Oh great... But let's pretend that NBs cloak and shadow image are ok. Would be nice to see some confirmation to... Waiting again 6 months just for acknowledgement and then next 6 months for fix is nowhere close to developing.

What's wrong with cloak and shadow? I havn't used my Nightblade much
  • rexagamemnon
    rexagamemnon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    thank God they plan to fix this issue, because I was about to burst a blood vessel last night. I thought ZOS decided to slip a sneaky in the update without telling us about it in the patch/update notes. thank God this is not a nerf and its just a bug that needs fixing.
  • React
    React
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Too bad it won't be fixed until the next DLC.

@ReactSlower - PC/NA - 2000+ CP
    React Faster - XB/NA - 1500+ CP
    Content
    Twitch.tv/reactfaster
    Youtube.com/@ReactFaster
  • itscompton
    itscompton
    ✭✭✭✭✭
  • mustangmorgan31
    mustangmorgan31
    ✭✭✭✭
    What are the odds of this being fixed on Tuesday?? Now not only are the jabs clunky and half of the time do not even fire but the light attacks I weave between them cause me to get stuck in the heavy attack animation non stop.
  • Armatesz
    Armatesz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This bug has actually been around for a while, ie puncturing sweep locking, but after murkmire's release it is far more prevalent and undeniable. I do hope they fix this as this can make some unfortunate things happen that should be avoidable.
    Ärmätèsz
    Xbox NA
    Guildless (by choice)
  • JimmyJuJu
    JimmyJuJu
    ✭✭✭✭
    I was in Cyro over the weekend. I got into an encounter with a sneaky NB. I managed to get him off me with a well-placed javelin, dropped HotD (with an Earthgore proc as backup) which got me back to 100% health. He sneaks off but I have scorching flare slotted and I'm dropping it like candy. I find him sneaking under a bridge, he's burning, can't cloak, attempting to run away. I spear him again, drop eye of flame, close the gap with toppling charge then mash sweeps like a madman. And then...nothing. Nada. Zilch.

While I'm trying to figure out what to do next I get feared and then taken down with killer's blade, incap, and finished off with tornado. L2P my a$$ - I had this mofo. But General ZOS and Colonel Bugged Sweeps snatched defeat from the jaws of victory.

So...yeah. Sweeps is dead to me right now :#
  • MrUntouchable
    MrUntouchable
    ✭✭
    I was in Cyro over the weekend. I got into an encounter with a sneaky NB. I managed to get him off me with a well-placed javelin, dropped HotD (with an Earthgore proc as backup) which got me back to 100% health. He sneaks off but I have scorching flare slotted and I'm dropping it like candy. I find him sneaking under a bridge, he's burning, can't cloak, attempting to run away. I spear him again, drop eye of flame, close the gap with toppling charge then mash sweeps like a madman. And then...nothing. Nada. Zilch.

While I'm trying to figure out what to do next I get feared and then taken down with killer's blade, incap, and finished off with tornado. L2P my a$$ - I had this mofo. But General ZOS and Colonel Bugged Sweeps snatched defeat from the jaws of victory.

lol I've stopped playing my templar besides to do my daily crafting writs
  • mustangmorgan31
    mustangmorgan31
    ✭✭✭✭

lol I've stopped playing my templar besides to do my daily crafting writs

Same here lol
  • kip_silverwolf
    kip_silverwolf
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    From the Patch Notes - Fixed an issue where spamming cast time or channeled abilities, such as Puncturing Strikes or Dark Flare, would cause a delay to occur between each cast of those abilities.

Thankyou!! Looks like we can enjoy our Templars again! :smiley:
    "I'm going to live forever..or at least die trying"

drunken Nord & Tamriel streaker since Arena

• HansaBergen
    HansaBergen
    ✭✭✭
    Lucky pc players.. We probably gonna have to wait until 2019 on console.
  • JimmyJuJu
    JimmyJuJu
    ✭✭✭✭
    Are we good now? Things seem relatively ok to me post-patch (even in Cyro).