The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

Puncturing Sweeps,Jabs and Dark Flare are all broken. Not OP. BROKEN. Video of Dark Flare added.

• Zorgon_The_Revenged
    Zorgon_The_Revenged
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well flame staff heavy attacks have been doing something similar the dark flare thing, and for quite a while.

At least you don't end up a metre behind the target when using your charge skill, maybe that can get broken again next patch.
  • Lightspeedflashb14_ESO
    Lightspeedflashb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    jabs feels better after patch, not sure if it was just me though.
  • React
    React
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If this goes live on console and PC still doesn't have a comment on the issues or ETA on a fix, that'll be it for my 5,000+ hours on this game.

The complete lack unwillingness to even ACKNOWLEDGE these bugs is egregious. We've been through patches that have gotten progressively worse in terms of combat bugs over the course of the last year; we got the sprint and knockback bugs in summerset, which got worse in wolfhunter and still haven't been acknowledged. The server lag is at an all time high, and pvp in the main campaigns during prime time is laughable. Theres literally no point in animation cancelling or doing proper rotations, because the game doesn't allow half of the actions to function.

Now this patch has released and they literally have broken multiple classes. There is NO point in playing magicka nightblade in open world without the shade. There is NO point in playing stamina templar anywhere without jabs working. There is NO point in playing any wrecking blow build on any class without dizzying functioning. They literally have ruined pvp on all these classes, and probably won't fix them until next patch.

But you know what? Eso+ issues and cosmetic/furnishing/crown store issues get ACKNOWLEDGED AND FIXED DAY ONE OF THE PATCH. THEY DO NOT CARE ABOUT THE COMBAT IN THE GAME BECAUSE THE VAST MAJORITY OF THE PLAYERS WHICH THEY PROFIT THE MOST FROM DO NOT CARE ABOUT THE COMBAT.

Combat has literally taken a back seat to the needs of the roleplayers and questers across tamriel. Its pathetic.
    Edited by React on October 25, 2018 1:44PM
    @ReactSlower - PC/NA - 2000+ CP
    React Faster - XB/NA - 1500+ CP
    Content
    Twitch.tv/reactfaster
    Youtube.com/@ReactFaster
  • Feindrah
    Feindrah
    ✭✭✭
    I hope they fix this because jabs feels pretty bad now.
    PC/NA
    Khajiit Magplar
  • Trinity_Is_My_Name
    Trinity_Is_My_Name
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    JimmyJuJu wrote: »
    Dark Flare is also completely broken. New video added to initial link and here as well:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qNF5LTcZ_Cg

Meh, so the action is cancelled if you lose focus on your target. Fortunately, players, bosses, and mobs stand absolutely still and don't dodge or change position. Nor are you ever rooted, stunned, or interrupted. If that were the case, flare would be really broken.

/sarcasm

LOL! I know! Good thing they don't attack me while I'm trying to get a bead on em! LOL!
  • Trinity_Is_My_Name
    Trinity_Is_My_Name
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Another maintenance and still no fix or comments. Feelsbadman.

Yeah, I didn't expect them to fix this mess so soon. The way it usually goes is it takes the next DLC to fix the old problems so new ones can be introduced. LOL!
  • NyassaV
    NyassaV
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I did a bit of Stamplar on Tuesday and I felt like Jabs was missing more but frankly it wasn't that bad.
    Flawless Conqueror ~ Grand Overlord
    She/Her ~ PC/NA | I record things for fun and for info
  • JimmyJuJu
    JimmyJuJu
    ✭✭✭✭
    Dark Flare is also completely broken. New video added to initial link and here as well:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qNF5LTcZ_Cg

Meh, so the action is cancelled if you lose focus on your target. Fortunately, players, bosses, and mobs stand absolutely still and don't dodge or change position. Nor are you ever rooted, stunned, or interrupted. If that were the case, flare would be really broken.

/sarcasm

LOL! I know! Good thing they don't attack me while I'm trying to get a bead on em! LOL!

Ah, dark flare. You have so much potential. But - alas - are a miserable failure. So sad.
  • Mudcrabber
    Mudcrabber
    ✭✭✭✭
    Sweeps has been feeling weird for me too, like it's aborting halfway most of the time, and it feels weaker. But I haven't taken the time to tell whether it was just cosmetic or it actually stops hitting enemies.
  • JimmyJuJu
    JimmyJuJu
    ✭✭✭✭
    Mudcrabber wrote: »
    Sweeps has been feeling weird for me too, like it's aborting halfway most of the time, and it feels weaker. But I haven't taken the time to tell whether it was just cosmetic or it actually stops hitting enemies.

This is interesting, it feels slightly stronger for me. I managed to get just shy of an 8k fully-buffed, critical hit on trash mobs (zombies). I'm usually in the low -7's. Probably a big part of that is the buff to minor sorcery (which is awesome, btw).

That aside, sweeps and jabs certainly do feel (and look) sluggish.
  • j3crow
    j3crow
    ✭✭✭
    I can confirm. Jabs is definitely broken and not performing correctly. Very much like a previous bug
  • Jimmy_The_Fixer
    Jimmy_The_Fixer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Liam12548 wrote: »
    If this goes live on console and PC still doesn't have a comment on the issues or ETA on a fix, that'll be it for my 5,000+ hours on this game.

The complete lack unwillingness to even ACKNOWLEDGE these bugs is egregious. We've been through patches that have gotten progressively worse in terms of combat bugs over the course of the last year; we got the sprint and knockback bugs in summerset, which got worse in wolfhunter and still haven't been acknowledged. The server lag is at an all time high, and pvp in the main campaigns during prime time is laughable. Theres literally no point in animation cancelling or doing proper rotations, because the game doesn't allow half of the actions to function.

Now this patch has released and they literally have broken multiple classes. There is NO point in playing magicka nightblade in open world without the shade. There is NO point in playing stamina templar anywhere without jabs working. There is NO point in playing any wrecking blow build on any class without dizzying functioning. They literally have ruined pvp on all these classes, and probably won't fix them until next patch.

But you know what? Eso+ issues and cosmetic/furnishing/crown store issues get ACKNOWLEDGED AND FIXED DAY ONE OF THE PATCH. THEY DO NOT CARE ABOUT THE COMBAT IN THE GAME BECAUSE THE VAST MAJORITY OF THE PLAYERS WHICH THEY PROFIT THE MOST FROM DO NOT CARE ABOUT THE COMBAT.

Combat has literally taken a back seat to the needs of the roleplayers and questers across tamriel. Its pathetic.

Crown store is probably much easier to fix since it has fewer moving parts than the combat system. Plus they probably have different people working on each system, its silly to think that ZoS is actively choosing to let combat be broken for the sake of the crown store.

Also, Dark Flare is broken to the point of being unusable, I guess I'll slot something else until a fix comes through.
  • React
    React
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Liam12548 wrote: »

Crown store is probably much easier to fix since it has fewer moving parts than the combat system. Plus they probably have different people working on each system, its silly to think that ZoS is actively choosing to let combat be broken for the sake of the crown store.

Also, Dark Flare is broken to the point of being unusable, I guess I'll slot something else until a fix comes through.

Silly? This has ALWAYS been the case. Either zos has their most competent developers working on the crown store, or their pvp/combat developers are literally incompetent. There are gsmebreaking bugs that have been reported numerous times over the past year that haven't even been acknowledged, while they readily comment on each and every housing/crown related issue that arises.

I'd be inclined to believe you if I hadn't experienced 3 years of this exact scenario repeating itself.
    Content
    Twitch.tv/reactfaster
    Youtube.com/@ReactFaster
  • JimmyJuJu
    JimmyJuJu
    ✭✭✭✭

There's always solar barrage.

<and then there was silience>

• j3crow
    j3crow
    ✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno

Would it be possible to get a confirmation on the possible bug with jabs?

Thank you
  • React
    React
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_Gilliam

Willing to comment on any of these bugs?
    Content
    Twitch.tv/reactfaster
    Youtube.com/@ReactFaster
  • Volckodav
    Volckodav
    ✭✭✭
    Same here, really hard to play my templar.

I don't know what to do, PvP with sloady enchant is a nightmare, skill are broken, no feedback from ZoS....I wonder what I'm paying for here as an ESO+.
  • Sailor_Palutena
    Sailor_Palutena
    ✭✭✭✭
    This is what it should look like: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d-ydiSSG4RY

I use that skill all the time and it is just like the first example. Never seen it work like the second.
  • Cinbri
    Cinbri
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Jabs hugely affected by server lag as always. On first day of update lag was insane, and we all experienced that coz of it jabs was working terribly, almost not working at all. But when there is less lag I feel jabs are awesome and does able to hit opponent, far better then pre-update.
    But there is indeed small problem with its final jab hit animation that is prolonging duration. Its clunky and cause of unresponsiveness. idk if it remain of old targeting mechanic or it is serve part of this channels internal cooldown that actually should not be in this skill.
    This especially visible by using new targeting mechanic, when final tick animation still force-playing and no longer follow cursor:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4mWdiJ-CNXg
    But this cooldown can be bypassed by either:
    1. weaving light attacks
    2. preemptive press next jab button before final tick animation.
    In this case it work as good as it should:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oyOoqhqADJQ

And allow to remove clunkiness of final animation even in camera rotations:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TxXTW6219rc
    Edited by Cinbri on October 26, 2018 5:00PM
  • JimmyJuJu
    JimmyJuJu
    ✭✭✭✭
    This is another thread about dizzying swing/wrecking blow that has the same symptoms as dark flare - the cast is cancelled if you lose focus from your target. I strongly suspect this is an issue with all channeled abilities.

Has anyone tested snipe?
  • Cinbri
    Cinbri
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    This is another thread about dizzying swing/wrecking blow that has the same symptoms as dark flare - the cast is cancelled if you lose focus from your target. I strongly suspect this is an issue with all channeled abilities.

Has anyone tested snipe?

It affect everything, including hard casted Frags. This bug was already on pts however.
  • JimmyJuJu
    JimmyJuJu
    ✭✭✭✭
    Cinbri wrote: »

Has anyone tested snipe?

It affect everything, including hard casted Frags. This bug was already on pts however.

Lol, awesome. Well, I guess this is one way to "nerf everything". I might send my magplar on leave and call up my stamplar for duty. He's got 2 infused spriggan's swords, and 2 infused spriggan's axes and level 4 rending slashes ready to go for the dual-wield, quad-proc party.
  • mustangmorgan31
    mustangmorgan31
    ✭✭✭✭
    I wish they would fix jabs because I can't even play my templars since the patch. With sweeps feeling so laggy, clunky, and horrid, I absolutely cringe playing the toon. I force myself to do the murkmire dailies and that is all I can handle on my templars.
  • MrUntouchable
    MrUntouchable
    ✭✭
    I wish they would fix jabs because I can't even play my templars since the patch. With sweeps feeling so laggy, clunky, and horrid, I absolutely cringe playing the toon. I force myself to do the murkmire dailies and that is all I can handle on my templars.

Same here, it feels awful. I can't wait for the fix. Hopefully it doesn't take much longer.
  • Maikon
    Maikon
    ✭✭✭✭
    I've heard that all the channeled skills have been bugged for the past 3 years, and that you actually have to have your reticle on your target for the skill to go off (like it is for all other skills).
    Edited by Maikon on October 26, 2018 10:40PM
  • LinearParadox
    LinearParadox
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This thread has existed for over three days. It contains intelligent, constructive feedback and not just one but numerous videos detailing the issue and the circumstance it presents in.
    Multiple @ tags for attention.
    No ZoS reply.

I make a thread commenting on how terrible the patch was and listing off just a few of the multitude of issues with no foul language or anything. No @ tags for attention.
    Moderator reply warning to "be constructive" in under an hour.

Welcome to the forums guys.
    They wonder why they're full of salt and angry sentiment, why players claim they're ignored.
    :D
    Edited by LinearParadox on October 26, 2018 10:28PM
    twitch.tv/linearparadox
    Benthar the Unkillable - lvl 50 StamDK - AD
    High Confessor Celosia - lvl 50 MagDK, AD
    Aeolyndra Sunstrider - lvl 50 Magplar Support God, AD
    Maldreth Angala - lvl 50 Magicka PetSorc, AD
    Veldrosa Wyldwind - lvl 50 StamSorc, AD
    M. Night Shatupon - lvl 50 MagBlade, AD
    Vestonia Ironhardt - lvl 50 Warden GuardTank, AD
    Bone Daddy - lvl 50 Stamcro, AD
    Abra Kedaver - lvl 50 Magcro, AD
    CP 1100+
  • JimmyJuJu
    JimmyJuJu
    ✭✭✭✭
    Thread has existed for over three days, contains constructive feedback and not one but numerous videos detailing the issue and the circumstance it presents in.
    No ZoS reply.

I make a thread commenting on how terrible the patch was and listing off just a few of the multitude of issues with no foul language or anything...
    Moderator reply warning to "be constructive" in under an hour.

Welcome to the forums guys.
    They wonder why they're full of salt and angry sentiment, why players claim they're ignored.
    :D

Honestly, they are probably working their a**es off, pulling overtime to patch the numerous Murkmire bugs so they roll that patch into the PS4 and XBox releases. And ZOS should really try to hire another 1 or 2 community managers to keep in better contact with the community.

I don't fault the developers - they are the workers trying to make this a better game. I fault management who appear to exist in a bubble (be it truth or not). Maybe they need their shields nerfed a little, too.
    Edited by JimmyJuJu on October 26, 2018 10:33PM
  • Ramber
    Ramber
    ✭✭✭✭

Try adding more add ons lol omfg thats a lot of stuff to look at and may actually be slowing down your experience.
  • Tabatha
    Tabatha
    ✭✭✭
    This should at the bare minimum be addressed.
  • MrUntouchable
    MrUntouchable
    ✭✭
    Ramber wrote: »

Try adding more add ons lol omfg thats a lot of stuff to look at and may actually be slowing down your experience.

I tried it without any addons turned on and got the exact same results.