The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Worlds first veteran blackprison & "The Unchained" by Hodor

• DPShiro
    DPShiro
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Congrats Mashie, Andy, Hjelmi and Goatcast!!

It’s so funny seeing the casuals whine about PTS, since all pc players have the same prerequisites.
    Fast forward a few months and the salty people still won’t have achieved this, since you know, time spent =/= skill.

Edited by DPShiro on October 23, 2018 7:54AM
    ~ Gryphon Heart ~
    ~ Immortal Redeemer ~
    ~ Grand Master Crafter ~
    ~ Master Angler ~
    ~ Former Emperor ~
  • Emma_Overload
    Emma_Overload
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Why are people acting like Hodor are the only ones who had access to this content on the PTS? Any of you could have accomplished the same thing if you were willing to put in the time and effort.
    #CAREBEARMASTERRACE
  • adeptusminor
    adeptusminor
    ✭✭✭✭
    Congrats all, nice job! :)
  • albesca
    albesca
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Why are people acting like Hodor are the only ones who had access to this content on the PTS? Any of you could have accomplished the same thing if you were willing to put in the time and effort.

This.

The OP is bragging, but it's not of the "I'm rich and can do whatever" variety, but more like "I'm dedicated and good at it", so I don't get the jealousy at all.
    I'm not that dedicated nor that good at the game, so I couldn't have accomplished the same, but I don't see that as unfair in any way.
    PC EU

Khajiit has no time for you
  • dsalter
    dsalter
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    The real world first will be the blind run surely, not practice for weeks.

this, most "first" runs always test a ton on PTS before "first" run on live making the respect for doing world first obsolete
    PLEASE REPLY TO ME WITH @dsalter otherwise i'm likely to miss the reply if its not my own thread

EU - [Arch Mage Dave] Altmer Sorcerer
    Fight back at the crates and boxes, together we can change things.

• Svenja
    Svenja
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    dsalter wrote: »

this, most "first" runs always test a ton on PTS before "first" run on live making the respect for doing world first obsolete

Well, it's not like there are any developer-made PTS-Guides on how to clear new content. They figured stuff out themselves there, and I think they were the world first vet clear while it was on PTS for barely a few hours as well. At least I saw them on the PTS leaderboard as the only group that actually cleared Vet Blackrose when I logged in to test some skills and builds on PTS day 1.
    And let's be honest. The vast majority of the salty people in here won't even have this achievement when this patch has been on Live Servers for even a year. :D

Every PC player has access to PTS. It's not a special advantage.
    Edited by Svenja on October 23, 2018 8:38AM
    PC | EU

Svea Rochaud | Templar Healer | AD
    Grand Overlord - Flawless Conqueror - Immortal Redeemer - Tick-Tock-Tormentor - Gryphon Heart - Spirit Slayer
  • Turelus
    Turelus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Svenja wrote: »

Well, it's not like there are any developer-made PTS-Guides on how to clear new content. They figured stuff out themselves there, and I think they were the world first vet clear while it was on PTS for barely a few hours as well. At least I saw them on the PTS leaderboard as the only group that actually cleared Vet Blackrose when I logged in to test some skills and builds on PTS day 1.
    And let's be honest. The vast majority of the salty people in here won't even have this achievement when this patch has been on Live Servers for even a year. :D

My gripes are always more about the general disappointment that content is cleared within the first hour every update. Hodor are great at what they do and I respect that, but something needs to change to stop these first hour clears on live every new trial/arena.

I understand the hard position ZOS is in to make things accessible to the moderate skill players (like myself) but surely even for ZOS (and Hodor) there is some level of sadness that this keeps happening.
    @Turelus - EU PC Megaserver
    "Don't count on others for help. In the end each of us is in this alone. The survivors are those who know how to look out for themselves."
  • albesca
    albesca
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Turelus wrote: »
    My gripes are always more about the general disappointment that content is cleared within the first hour every update. Hodor are great at what they do and I respect that, but something needs to change to stop these first hour clears on live every new trial/arena.

I understand the hard position ZOS is in to make things accessible to the moderate skill players (like myself) but surely even for ZOS (and Hodor) there is some level of sadness that this keeps happening.

I'd be curious to know how many PTS runs they needed to be able to clear the arena so fast and how many times they died in their first run.

That said, fiendishly difficult content that tasks even top player would serve only a very niche customer base, and adding a third tier on top of normal and veteran would mean adding new mechanics that, again, very few people would see, but would need a top player testing team to fine tune.
    PC EU

Khajiit has no time for you
  • Sylosi
    Sylosi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    LOL, "world first" in a contest virtually no one enters. /facepalm
  • Turelus
    Turelus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    albesca wrote: »

I'd be curious to know how many PTS runs they needed to be able to clear the arena so fast and how many times they died in their first run.

That said, fiendishly difficult content that tasks even top player would serve only a very niche customer base, and adding a third tier on top of normal and veteran would mean adding new mechanics that, again, very few people would see, but would need a top player testing team to fine tune.
    From what I saw they beat veteran first try, not a no death run, but Alcast streamed it and it was cleared within a couple of hours.

The days of challenging PvE for the end game guilds are long gone, I don't think we've seen slow progression since vMoL or vHoF.
    "Don't count on others for help. In the end each of us is in this alone. The survivors are those who know how to look out for themselves."
  • Dont_do_drugs
    Dont_do_drugs
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Congratz - didnt expect anything else.

Just waiting for a surprise-comeback of the former #1 DSA. Not gonna happen, right?

Get Stuff like this (but not this stuff)

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

"I have too admit. People leading trade guilds in this game are quite stupid. Not stupid like fools, but stupid like leaders.
    They can only bla-bla and waste gold on feeding their ego. I am disappointed."

Egal, wie gut du Schach spielst, die Taube wird alle Figuren umwerfen, auf das Brett kacken und herumstolzieren, als hätte sie gewonnen.

Arkadius Trade Tools
    Modular framework, now open for authors who want to add own tabs.

My Donation (Arkadius' Trade Tools Addon)
    First external ATT tab contribution.

Port to Friend's House Addon
    Check out the new Port to Friend's House library and port to contributers houses:
    Deutsch | English

• ArchMikem
    ArchMikem
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

This.

The OP is bragging, but it's not of the "I'm rich and can do whatever" variety, but more like "I'm dedicated and good at it", so I don't get the jealousy at all.
    I'm not that dedicated nor that good at the game, so I couldn't have accomplished the same, but I don't see that as unfair in any way.

Its not jealousy at all. People are tired of the pompous "world first" threads from a guild that practically formed a monopoly on getting content completions on day 1. The claims themselves are even meaningless for several reasons.

1. PC players get weeks testing, practicing, and getting familiar with content prior to live release because of the PTS. Hodor is a PC guild.

2. Half the playerbase not only doesn't have access to the PTS server but also are forced to continue waiting two more weeks for the live release, because of platform, barring their ability to compete for the "first" claim from the get go.

3. Due to above it stopped being an impressive achievement and became more or less an expectation. I'd have been surprised if it wasn't Hodor for once.
    CP1,900+ Master Explorer - AvA One Star General - Console Peasant - The Clan
    Quest Objective: OMG Go Talk To That Kitty!
  • Zer0oo
    Zer0oo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    GZ but who was the first on NA? Where is the first on NA post and the complains that they had to work etc.
    I really miss the old salty competition threads.
    Ice Furnace: This item set now grants Spell Damage, rather than Weapon Damage for the 4 piece bonus
    - Update 23
  • Saturnana
    Saturnana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Was this done with or without preparation on the PTS?

If with; that's cheating in my book.
    (Wish I'd have been able to take my math tests over and over again to practice in school, as training for getting the exact same test just right on exam day. Would have made university a WHOLE LOT easier.)

Grats on the achievements! :)
    Though depending on if you've used PTS as prep area, you are not by any fair means the 'world's first'.
    @Saturnna | PC / EU

Nâmae Rin : Dragonknight | Dr Milodas Ra'Himo : Templar | Mira Motierre : Sorceress
    Plays-ln-Puddles : Warden  |  Lady Neria : Dragonknight   | Philadore : Nightblade  
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    "Ha! I do love it when the mortals know they're being manipulated. Makes things infinitely more interesting."
                                      - Sheogorath
  • Luigi_Vampa
    Luigi_Vampa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    fierackas wrote: »
    Bet you didn't take 12 Wardens and their bears

It would be hard to take 12 people into a 4 person arena...
    PC/EU DC
  • ATomiX96
    ATomiX96
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    1 week later: we're bored, we already played the whole dlc for weeks on the pts, lets cause some fake drama in lnd :trollface:
    Edited by ATomiX96 on October 23, 2018 10:03AM
  • LadyNalcarya
    LadyNalcarya
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Gratz! :)

I agree. It's not Hodor's fault of course, they are pretty awesome at what they do. :) But... I miss the times when we had actual races to world's first hm clears. I think it's not ZOS' goal at this point, though. It doesnt seem like they want this game to be competitive.
    Edited by LadyNalcarya on October 23, 2018 10:02AM
    Dro-m'Athra Destroyer | Divayth Fyr's Coadjutor | Voice of Reason

PC/EU
  • Seri
    Seri
    ✭✭✭✭
    Gratz! :)

I agree. It's not Hodor's fault of course, they are pretty awesome at what they do. :) But... I miss the times when we had actual races to world's first hm clears. I think it's not ZOS' goal at this point, though. It doesnt seem like they want this game to be competitive.

Wasn't the main reason MoL was an 'actual' race for HM completion because of how buggy it was on release? At least that's what I recall, but I didn't enter the trial scene until after MoL was released.

I do agree it's hard (basically impossible) for ZOS to actually 'fix' that at this point though - no way to create content that the top 0.x% of players of the entire game don't complete within hours of launch (especially when there's the 5-6 week PTS cycle to practice and hone the gear/set theorycrafting changes if needed, class/gear synergies, etc) while simultaneously leaving the content within some form of reach (after appropriate practice) for the larger player-base.
    EP CP160+ Templar, Sorc, NB
    DC CP160+ Templar, Sorc, DK
  • ATomiX96
    ATomiX96
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Seri wrote: »
    ... while simultaneously leaving the content within some form of reach (after appropriate practice) for the larger player-base.
    yea cant cater to the .1% audience of the game, because they'd go bankrupt within a month if only 50 people played the game :trollface:

• Love Wizard
    Love Wizard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I also miss the super good worlds first races, like Maw of Lorkaji for example. Filled with alot of challening, and unique mechanics that was a true joy to progress through. We did have pts, but it was so unstable so it was hard to make any progression. Took Beyond Infinity (Unchained Animals) 6 months to be able to clear it, it was such a nice race, and I really hope we can get something alongst those lines again.

You do need to consider though that ZoS's QA team isn't really doing an amazing job at what they're doing. If we didn't run this arena for a few weeks on the PTS, you would have gotten it released as it was on day one, and trust me. There was ALOT of irritating and annoying bugs, so there's two sides of the coin on this one. If ZoS can reliably QA test PvE content by themselves, by all means I would love nothing more. But that's sadly not the case.
    @IWM - EU - Member of Hodor
    Mashinate - Highelf Nightblade (Inactive)
    Love Wizard - Dunmer Dragonknight (Inactive)
    Godblade - Highelf Nightblade (Active)
    Mashixo - Dunmer Sorcerer (Inactive)
    Hjelmi's Sister - Dunmer Nightblade (Inactive)
    Mashiex - Orc Nightblade (Active)
    Beaminate - Dunmer Templar (Inactive)
    Kittynate - Khajiit Nightblade (Inactive)
    Godmancer - Orc Necromancer (Active)

Server: EU || Guilds: Hodor & Banana Squad || Previously Zerg Squad || Nightblade Lover

Scores: vMoL - 170840 | vSO - 177392 | vHRC - 159696 | vHoF - 221111| vAS - 115810| vCR - 132661 | vBP - 101083 | vSS - 247438

Achievements: Tick Tock Tormentor x3 - Immortal Redeemer x6 - Gryphon Heart x5 - The Unchained x1 - Godslayer x1

Worlds First Vet Maw of Lorkhaj Clear (Hodor! & Hodor!)
    Worlds First Vet Halls of Fabrication HM Clear - Worlds First vHoF Speedrun(Hodor!)
    World Record for All Trials Pre Thieves Guild Patch (Hodor!)
    Worlds First Tick Tock & Disassembly General (No death speedrun HM vHoF)
    Worlds First vAS Hardmode
    Worlds First Cloudrest clear, and hardmode
    Worlds First Cloudrest HM Nodeathspeedrun (Gryphon Heart)
    Worlds First Blackrose Prison clear
    Worlds First "The Unchained" title (vBP speedrun, nodeath, no sigils)
    World Record for all the Trials (Murkmire)
    Worlds First Godslayer
  • firedrgn
    firedrgn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Did you use any magsorcs? Im just here to be salty.
  • Love Wizard
    Love Wizard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    firedrgn wrote: »

A magicka sorc healer if that counts :hushed:
    @IWM - EU - Member of Hodor
    Mashinate - Highelf Nightblade (Inactive)
    Love Wizard - Dunmer Dragonknight (Inactive)
    Godblade - Highelf Nightblade (Active)
    Mashixo - Dunmer Sorcerer (Inactive)
    Hjelmi's Sister - Dunmer Nightblade (Inactive)
    Mashiex - Orc Nightblade (Active)
    Beaminate - Dunmer Templar (Inactive)
    Kittynate - Khajiit Nightblade (Inactive)
    Godmancer - Orc Necromancer (Active)

Server: EU || Guilds: Hodor & Banana Squad || Previously Zerg Squad || Nightblade Lover

Scores: vMoL - 170840 | vSO - 177392 | vHRC - 159696 | vHoF - 221111| vAS - 115810| vCR - 132661 | vBP - 101083 | vSS - 247438

Achievements: Tick Tock Tormentor x3 - Immortal Redeemer x6 - Gryphon Heart x5 - The Unchained x1 - Godslayer x1

Worlds First Vet Maw of Lorkhaj Clear (Hodor! & Hodor!)
    Worlds First Vet Halls of Fabrication HM Clear - Worlds First vHoF Speedrun(Hodor!)
    World Record for All Trials Pre Thieves Guild Patch (Hodor!)
    Worlds First Tick Tock & Disassembly General (No death speedrun HM vHoF)
    Worlds First vAS Hardmode
    Worlds First Cloudrest clear, and hardmode
    Worlds First Cloudrest HM Nodeathspeedrun (Gryphon Heart)
    Worlds First Blackrose Prison clear
    Worlds First "The Unchained" title (vBP speedrun, nodeath, no sigils)
    World Record for all the Trials (Murkmire)
    Worlds First Godslayer
  • Turelus
    Turelus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    firedrgn wrote: »

A magicka sorc healer if that counts :hushed:
    Did anyone use shield, specifically the ones that can't be used now because they're RIP useless? :trollface:
  • Saturnana
    Saturnana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I also miss the super good worlds first races, like Maw of Lorkaji for example. Filled with alot of challening, and unique mechanics that was a true joy to progress through. We did have pts, but it was so unstable so it was hard to make any progression. Took Beyond Infinity (Unchained Animals) 6 months to be able to clear it, it was such a nice race, and I really hope we can get something alongst those lines again.
    That should be pretty easy; just don't log into the PTS. :trollface:
    Having said that though, I completely agree with the following:
    You do need to consider though that ZoS's QA team isn't really doing an amazing job at what they're doing. If we didn't run this arena for a few weeks on the PTS, you would have gotten it released as it was on day one, and trust me. There was ALOT of irritating and annoying bugs, so there's two sides of the coin on this one. If ZoS can reliably QA test PvE content by themselves, by all means I would love nothing more. But that's sadly not the case.
    I work in QA myself and if I were to describe the way ZOS handles their bugs to my development team, they probably wouldn't even believe me. Don't even want to go into it because I just KNOW I'll get worked up about it. Wish they'd do a better job, and doing so wouldn't even be that difficult. It's a shame really.

(Also I'm in a terrible mood today and don't wish to *** on your parade at all.
    So apologies if I come across as such, and congrats again ;))
    @Saturnna | PC / EU

Nâmae Rin : Dragonknight | Dr Milodas Ra'Himo : Templar | Mira Motierre : Sorceress
    Plays-ln-Puddles : Warden  |  Lady Neria : Dragonknight   | Philadore : Nightblade  
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    "Ha! I do love it when the mortals know they're being manipulated. Makes things infinitely more interesting."
                                      - Sheogorath
  • OutLaw_Nynx
    OutLaw_Nynx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Come back when you go into an arena blind and have zero idea what the mechanics are. Congrats though.
    Edited by OutLaw_Nynx on October 23, 2018 5:00PM
  • Emma_Overload
    Emma_Overload
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

From what I saw they beat veteran first try, not a no death run, but Alcast streamed it and it was cleared within a couple of hours.

The days of challenging PvE for the end game guilds are long gone, I don't think we've seen slow progression since vMoL or vHoF.

That's funny, because for the average player, content keeps getting harder and harder. I watched a few minutes of Alcast's video for the new 4 man arena, and I just shut it off half way through. There's no way I'm going to remember all THAT... Run over here, run over there, catch the ghosts, purge the curse, blah blah blah.

I like the ORIGINAL ESO, where monsters would pop up and you just had to kill them. Healers healed, tanks tanked and DPS deeped. Why can't we have that kind of gameplay back? I don't want to watch YouTube videos like I'm studying for the LSAT every friggin time a new DLC comes out!
    #CAREBEARMASTERRACE
  • ArchMikem
    ArchMikem
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

That's funny, because for the average player, content keeps getting harder and harder. I watched a few minutes of Alcast's video for the new 4 man arena, and I just shut it off half way through. There's no way I'm going to remember all THAT... Run over here, run over there, catch the ghosts, purge the curse, blah blah blah.

I like the ORIGINAL ESO, where monsters would pop up and you just had to kill them. Healers healed, tanks tanked and DPS deeped. Why can't we have that kind of gameplay back? I don't want to watch YouTube videos like I'm studying for the LSAT every friggin time a new DLC comes out!

Has a point.

Players keep saying content is too easy. The devs idea on changing that is creating a bunch of combat mechanics you have to keep track of ontop of the usual rotation and staying healthy. I still have no idea what half the stuff going on in Cloudrest really is and ive run it several times now.
    CP1,900+ Master Explorer - AvA One Star General - Console Peasant - The Clan
    Quest Objective: OMG Go Talk To That Kitty!
  • ResTandRespeC
    ResTandRespeC
    ✭✭✭✭

Honestly i don't know how they could possibly make much harder content then they have without going overboard. Most of the extra challenge for these types of players comes from score pushing tbh
    Edited by ResTandRespeC on October 24, 2018 8:21AM
  • Carbonised
    Carbonised
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Agreed. Why do people post negativity on these brag/"first" posts? Because content is becoming harder and harder. Trials become harder, vet dungeons become harder, arenas become harder. And everytime some try-hard from Hodor posts these "first" posts 5 minutes after the servers come back up, the devs see it as an excuse to make content even harder the next time.

I've done vet Scalecaller simply to get my Zaan gear, other than that I haven't run a single of the newer dungeons on vet, not to mention any of the trials on vet ever since vMoL, and I would prefer ZOS uses my subscriptions money and crown store purchases to make content that I actually intend to interact with, instead of creating content that's only catering to Hodor and the 0.1 % margin.

That's why people react the way they do in these posts, not out of envy or spite.
  • Eweroun
    Eweroun
    ✭✭✭✭

If ZOS would achieve creating a trial that is not buggy from the beginning, a PTS shouldn't be needed and you won't have a clear in the first hours/days. Just like back in the old days of vMoL.
    That was the most beautiful soap serie ever made; "who's gonna clear vMoL first?", "will it be 'Unchained Animals' or 'Hodor'?"
    |Lunar Lattice - Guildmaster / Fullmoon group raidlead|
    |Potato Knights - former core member|
    |former dd-"The Phoenix Reborn", former raidlead "Omnia Vincit /Playdead"|

clears: vCrag HM - vMoL HM - vHoF HM - vAS HM (+2) - vCR+3 - vSS HM