The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC)

Worlds first veteran blackprison & "The Unchained" by Hodor

• xMovingTarget
    xMovingTarget
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Look at the video he posted to it. Its obviously a troll :D How could you fall for that Chris? :D
  • Jaimeh
    Jaimeh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Congratulations on the achievements guys, it's one impressive feat. Having been in there and stuck in stage 4 after countless hours and deaths, my mind boggles at speed/no-death runs--awesome job!
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Grats.
  • Emma_Overload
    Emma_Overload
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    iceman784 wrote: »
    Turelus wrote: »
    albesca wrote: »
    My gripes are always more about the general disappointment that content is cleared within the first hour every update. Hodor are great at what they do and I respect that, but something needs to change to stop these first hour clears on live every new trial/arena.

I understand the hard position ZOS is in to make things accessible to the moderate skill players (like myself) but surely even for ZOS (and Hodor) there is some level of sadness that this keeps happening.

I'd be curious to know how many PTS runs they needed to be able to clear the arena so fast and how many times they died in their first run.

That said, fiendishly difficult content that tasks even top player would serve only a very niche customer base, and adding a third tier on top of normal and veteran would mean adding new mechanics that, again, very few people would see, but would need a top player testing team to fine tune.
    From what I saw they beat veteran first try, not a no death run, but Alcast streamed it and it was cleared within a couple of hours.

The days of challenging PvE for the end game guilds are long gone, I don't think we've seen slow progression since vMoL or vHoF.

That's funny, because for the average player, content keeps getting harder and harder. I watched a few minutes of Alcast's video for the new 4 man arena, and I just shut it off half way through. There's no way I'm going to remember all THAT... Run over here, run over there, catch the ghosts, purge the curse, blah blah blah.

I like the ORIGINAL ESO, where monsters would pop up and you just had to kill them. Healers healed, tanks tanked and DPS deeped. Why can't we have that kind of gameplay back? I don't want to watch YouTube videos like I'm studying for the LSAT every friggin time a new DLC comes out!

I mean if you just want something to kill just make it yourself. Get a bunch of target dummies, make a course akin to a trial in your house and go have fun with your friends... or alone because just hitting stuff with no mechanics is boring af and it would be hard to find people for that

Your statement is completely counter-factual. All I am asking for is more content like the base game dungeons. There is no problem whatsoever finding people who want to run the base game dungeons because people enjoy them. On the other hand, it's nearly impossible to find people who want to run the DLC dungeons because people HATE them. Have you not noticed all the threads on these forums where players are BEGGING for an option to remove the DLC dungeons from the random dailies?
    Edited by Emma_Overload on October 25, 2018 8:27AM
    #CAREBEARMASTERRACE
  • Seri
    Seri
    ✭✭✭✭
    Facefister wrote: »
    "Content too easy"
    meanwhile
    your average random dies at Spindle1hm on last boss because he can't time his dodge.
    I'd love to know what tier of player the average (or median) player actually is. There are obviously people at the top that blasted through the new content with no issue, but then I also stumbled over a CP740 player trying to kill a world boss with a combination of lightning form, atro ultimate, siphon spirit, and resto staff heavies (seriously, that was all they used for few minutes that I watched).
    Have you not noticed all the threads on these forums where players are BEGGING for an option to remove the DLC dungeons from the random dailies?
    In defence of that, I'd love to see the DLC dungeons removed, because a lot of the vet group finder people are not capable of the DLC ones (in that they actually need a proper tank or healer). I enjoy the DLC content itself when the group is adequately set up. People may queue for vet because they're adequately specced for vet FG1 (or even FG2) but may not be capable of something like Fang Lair yet.

---

My own personal opinion on the whole 'difficulty' issue, I like how things like FL, Scalecaller, and so on have mechanics. Older dungeons had some mechanics as well but some things didn't scale with with One Tamriel (I think?). With CP power creep since then it's almost approaching trivial, even for group finders - I miss when the lich crystals of COH2 actually hurt as they barely hit me in my light armor for 1-2k these days.

As for Blackrose, the mechanics I feel are ok. The 'run here, stack there' that someone else mentioned is primarily optimisation from the tank to stack adds and kill them quicker. IMO a lot of the chaos comes from the fact there's all these other random things happening - the fire atros sending random fireballs across the map, the unkillable netches with their poison, etc
    EP CP160+ Templar, Sorc, NB
    DC CP160+ Templar, Sorc, DK
  • Love Wizard
    Love Wizard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks for the nice words guys, means alot to me!
    @IWM - EU - Member of Hodor
    Mashinate - Highelf Nightblade (Inactive)
    Love Wizard - Dunmer Dragonknight (Inactive)
    Godblade - Highelf Nightblade (Active)
    Mashixo - Dunmer Sorcerer (Inactive)
    Hjelmi's Sister - Dunmer Nightblade (Inactive)
    Mashiex - Orc Nightblade (Active)
    Beaminate - Dunmer Templar (Inactive)
    Kittynate - Khajiit Nightblade (Inactive)
    Godmancer - Orc Necromancer (Active)

Server: EU || Guilds: Hodor & Banana Squad || Previously Zerg Squad || Nightblade Lover

Scores: vMoL - 170840 | vSO - 177392 | vHRC - 159696 | vHoF - 221111| vAS - 115810| vCR - 132661 | vBP - 101083 | vSS - 247438

Achievements: Tick Tock Tormentor x3 - Immortal Redeemer x6 - Gryphon Heart x5 - The Unchained x1 - Godslayer x1

Worlds First Vet Maw of Lorkhaj Clear (Hodor! & Hodor!)
    Worlds First Vet Halls of Fabrication HM Clear - Worlds First vHoF Speedrun(Hodor!)
    World Record for All Trials Pre Thieves Guild Patch (Hodor!)
    Worlds First Tick Tock & Disassembly General (No death speedrun HM vHoF)
    Worlds First vAS Hardmode
    Worlds First Cloudrest clear, and hardmode
    Worlds First Cloudrest HM Nodeathspeedrun (Gryphon Heart)
    Worlds First Blackrose Prison clear
    Worlds First "The Unchained" title (vBP speedrun, nodeath, no sigils)
    World Record for all the Trials (Murkmire)
    Worlds First Godslayer
  • mb10
    mb10
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Grats! It only took 5-6 weeks of the PTS training! :D:D:D

• MyNameIsElias
    MyNameIsElias
    ✭✭✭✭✭
  • mb10
    mb10
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Svenja wrote: »
    dsalter wrote: »
    The real world first will be the blind run surely, not practice for weeks.

this, most "first" runs always test a ton on PTS before "first" run on live making the respect for doing world first obsolete

Well, it's not like there are any developer-made PTS-Guides on how to clear new content. They figured stuff out themselves there, and I think they were the world first vet clear while it was on PTS for barely a few hours as well. At least I saw them on the PTS leaderboard as the only group that actually cleared Vet Blackrose when I logged in to test some skills and builds on PTS day 1.
    And let's be honest. The vast majority of the salty people in here won't even have this achievement when this patch has been on Live Servers for even a year. :D

Every PC player has access to PTS. It's not a special advantage.
    My gripes are always more about the general disappointment that content is cleared within the first hour every update. Hodor are great at what they do and I respect that, but something needs to change to stop these first hour clears on live every new trial/arena.

I understand the hard position ZOS is in to make things accessible to the moderate skill players (like myself) but surely even for ZOS (and Hodor) there is some level of sadness that this keeps happening.

Its not first hour though, its the 6th week after the PTS finishes

ZOS just needs to remove that type of content from the PTS
  • L2Pissue
    L2Pissue
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    WORLD'S FIRST OH MY GOD
    I thought ESO have triple the playerbase of fortnite when i saw the "WORLD'S FIRST" title for a moment
    turns out there are 1,000 ESO endgame PvE players at best estimate, where tenth of them cares about PvE achievements and half of that tenth is the guild itself "HODOR"
  • PapaWeeb
    PapaWeeb
    ✭✭✭✭
    Streega wrote: »
    00dv.jpg

Do it without hours of training on PTS, on middle-end PC from 2013, with 6-10MB internet connection, after whole weeks of work and taking care of your children/cats/dogs - then I'll be truly impressed. Post about Hodor doing "world's first" is like Sebastian Vettel bragging he can outrun yo momma in his Ferrari.

but can you do it on a rainy night in stoke?
    PC EU
  • BuddyAces
    BuddyAces
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Stage 4 is evil. Like, zos hired Satan for that round evil. Gratz again on the clear.
    They nerfed magsorcs so hard stamsorcs felt it,lol - Somber97866

I'm blown away by the utter stupidity I see here on the daily. - Wrekkedd
  • Odovacar
    Odovacar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    You guys are the best! I don't even know when me and my buddies will clear it after we gain access.. im sure there will be many long nights ahead of us after the 6th... :(:#:#
  • AzraelKrieg
    AzraelKrieg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yeah, I forgot to put out my Tweet preemptively congratulating you guys when the servers went down for the patch. Yay, you did the thing before anyone else because of 5 weeks on a test server and a timezone advantage. GG. At this point, you are the only guild that cares about "World First" anything so may as well stop stroking your egos.
    Gold Dragons Guildmaster PC-NACR2000+
    Kalthar Wolf-Brother – EP Templar - 50 Maeli Valen - EP NB - 50Naps-During-Trials – EP Templar - 50Rulnakh - EP Sorc - 50Azrael Krieg - EP NB – 50Uvithasa Telvanni – EP DK – 50More-Tail - EP Warden - 50Narile Galen - EP Sorc - 50Bone Soldier - EP Necro - 50Naps-During-Trails - EP Necro - 50
  • Efaritay
    Efaritay
    ✭✭✭
    Yeah, I forgot to put out my Tweet preemptively congratulating you guys when the servers went down for the patch. Yay, you did the thing before anyone else because of 5 weeks on a test server and a timezone advantage. GG. At this point, you are the only guild that cares about "World First" anything so may as well stop stroking your egos.

Yeah @Love Wizard .. You're Ego is so big I bet its full of flowers! :D:D:p

Congrats guys. Awesome as always.

"Don't tickle the Dragon if you can't take the heat"

EU ¦ EP
    Project Nova

Efaritay ¦ Breton ¦ Sorcerer - Calloniel ¦ Redguard ¦ Templar
    Arrow Rain ¦ Bosmer ¦ Nightblade - Breath of Life ¦ Breton ¦ Templar
    Taunts-with-Spoons ¦ Argonian ¦ Dragonknight - Kipp's Secret Lover ¦ Redguard ¦ Sorcerer
    Vrixaura ¦ Breton ¦ Nightblade - Miss Snuffles ¦ Khajiit ¦ Nightblade - Effy ¦ Dunmer ¦ Dragonknight
    Deadric Lord Slayer ¦ Monster Hunter ¦ Tamriel Hero ¦ Savior of Nirn ¦ Enemy of Coldharbour ¦ Explorer ¦ Hero of Wrothgar ¦ Master Theif
  • iceman784
    iceman784
    ✭✭✭
    iceman784 wrote: »
    albesca wrote: »

I'd be curious to know how many PTS runs they needed to be able to clear the arena so fast and how many times they died in their first run.

That said, fiendishly difficult content that tasks even top player would serve only a very niche customer base, and adding a third tier on top of normal and veteran would mean adding new mechanics that, again, very few people would see, but would need a top player testing team to fine tune.
    From what I saw they beat veteran first try, not a no death run, but Alcast streamed it and it was cleared within a couple of hours.

The days of challenging PvE for the end game guilds are long gone, I don't think we've seen slow progression since vMoL or vHoF.

That's funny, because for the average player, content keeps getting harder and harder. I watched a few minutes of Alcast's video for the new 4 man arena, and I just shut it off half way through. There's no way I'm going to remember all THAT... Run over here, run over there, catch the ghosts, purge the curse, blah blah blah.

I like the ORIGINAL ESO, where monsters would pop up and you just had to kill them. Healers healed, tanks tanked and DPS deeped. Why can't we have that kind of gameplay back? I don't want to watch YouTube videos like I'm studying for the LSAT every friggin time a new DLC comes out!

I mean if you just want something to kill just make it yourself. Get a bunch of target dummies, make a course akin to a trial in your house and go have fun with your friends... or alone because just hitting stuff with no mechanics is boring af and it would be hard to find people for that

Your statement is completely counter-factual. All I am asking for is more content like the base game dungeons. There is no problem whatsoever finding people who want to run the base game dungeons because people enjoy them. On the other hand, it's nearly impossible to find people who want to run the DLC dungeons because people HATE them. Have you not noticed all the threads on these forums where players are BEGGING for an option to remove the DLC dungeons from the random dailies?

I disagree with one thing.It isnt easy to find people for non dlc dungeons because people like it, its because they are hard to fail and not a total waste of time if you dont have good enough players to clear it, like dlc dungeons.
    Also sorry, but i find most threads on the forum counterproductive to read or to contribute. Also, is random normal that hard, even if its a dlc one? If you wanna say random vet, why bother when you know you're gonna get a suboptimal team
  • Woeler
    Woeler
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Alcast wrote: »
    @Turelus @Eweroun

The only reason vMOL was not cleared on PTS was because it was technically IMPOSSIBLE to get past 2nd boss due to crashes.

It is funny tho that people think vmol was "harder" when it launched on pts. Reality is, ZOS just had very buggy Trials back in the day where you could not finish a single fight without someone getting booted from the server on pts.And because could not get past the 2nd boss nobody could really check out the last boss.

Halls of Fabrication was the first trial on PTS which was somehow semi stable and doable.

But yes, power creep is completely out of control in this game.

I clearly played a different vmol on pts then.
  • Love Wizard
    Love Wizard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You guys are the best, reading these comments makes my day. Thanks alot!
    @IWM - EU - Member of Hodor
    Mashinate - Highelf Nightblade (Inactive)
    Love Wizard - Dunmer Dragonknight (Inactive)
    Godblade - Highelf Nightblade (Active)
    Mashixo - Dunmer Sorcerer (Inactive)
    Hjelmi's Sister - Dunmer Nightblade (Inactive)
    Mashiex - Orc Nightblade (Active)
    Beaminate - Dunmer Templar (Inactive)
    Kittynate - Khajiit Nightblade (Inactive)
    Godmancer - Orc Necromancer (Active)

Server: EU || Guilds: Hodor & Banana Squad || Previously Zerg Squad || Nightblade Lover

Scores: vMoL - 170840 | vSO - 177392 | vHRC - 159696 | vHoF - 221111| vAS - 115810| vCR - 132661 | vBP - 101083 | vSS - 247438

Achievements: Tick Tock Tormentor x3 - Immortal Redeemer x6 - Gryphon Heart x5 - The Unchained x1 - Godslayer x1

Worlds First Vet Maw of Lorkhaj Clear (Hodor! & Hodor!)
    Worlds First Vet Halls of Fabrication HM Clear - Worlds First vHoF Speedrun(Hodor!)
    World Record for All Trials Pre Thieves Guild Patch (Hodor!)
    Worlds First Tick Tock & Disassembly General (No death speedrun HM vHoF)
    Worlds First vAS Hardmode
    Worlds First Cloudrest clear, and hardmode
    Worlds First Cloudrest HM Nodeathspeedrun (Gryphon Heart)
    Worlds First Blackrose Prison clear
    Worlds First "The Unchained" title (vBP speedrun, nodeath, no sigils)
    World Record for all the Trials (Murkmire)
    Worlds First Godslayer
  • Turelus
    Turelus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tears for the tear god!
    @Turelus - EU PC Megaserver
    "Don't count on others for help. In the end each of us is in this alone. The survivors are those who know how to look out for themselves."
  • xMovingTarget
    xMovingTarget
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Very insightful. :D