Maintenance for the week of September 16:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – September 16, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) – 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – September 18, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – September 18, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts

Which class would you like to see in ESO next?

• Hamish999
    Hamish999
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Other:
    We don't need anymore classes.
    PC-EU
    Do'Zahra - Khajiit - StamDK - AD
    Narese Telvanni - Dunmer - Petsorc - EP
    Anastasie Chastain - Breton - Magplar - DC
    Gashnakh the Lusty - Orc - Stamsorc - AD
    Stands-In-Stoopid - Argonian - Warden Tank - AD
    Talia al-Morwha - Redguard - Stamden - AD
    Makes-Fier-Wrong - Argonian - Stamblade - AD
    Busty-Argonian-Maid - Argonian - Templar Healer - AD
    Alaru Telvanni - Dunmer - Stamplar - AD
    Ko'Raehsi - Khajiit - Magsorc - AD
    Torhild Rock-Chucker - Nord - StamDK - AD
    Drusilla Larouche - Breton - MagDK - AD
    Ko'Khanni - Khajiit - Magden - AD
    Ilithyia Ectorius - Imperial - DK Tank -AD
    Rosara Laumont - Breton - Warden Healer - AD
    Do'Darri - Khajiit - Stam Arcanist - AD

Keyboard and mouse FTW!
  • ATomiX96
    ATomiX96
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Other:
    5 classes are fine, they still gotta figure out how to make all classes viable for pve and pvp
  • Glurin
    Glurin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Other:
    Necromancer!

giphy.gif
    "He who fights with monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster...when you gaze long into the abyss the abyss also gazes into you..."
  • Kel
    Kel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Other:
    Bards are already in the game. We call them healers in ESO.

Do small amount of damage? Check
    Do small amount of healing? Check
    There to mainly buff the group? Better believe that's a check.

Outside of trials, healers are just bards.

Necromancer gets my vote. The class that's flooded the forums is the one you left off the poll?...smh
  • Reistr_the_Unbroken
    Reistr_the_Unbroken
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Other:
    Glurin wrote: »
    Necromancer!

giphy.gif
    S P O O K Y S C A R Y S K E L E T O N S
  • Gandrhulf_Harbard
    Gandrhulf_Harbard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Other:
    Shaman.

All The Best
    Those memories come back to haunt me, they haunt me like a curse.
    Is a dream a lie if it don't come true, or is it something worse.
  • Jimmy
    Jimmy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Other:
    Who makes a poll like this and doesn't include the #1 most requested class.... Necromancer?

/shakingmyhead
    PC NA
    @SkruDe
  • TheShadowScout
    TheShadowScout
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Glurin wrote: »
    Necromancer!

giphy.gif
    S P O O K Y S C A R Y S K E L E T O N S
    56916b593f5310844c98883399c1be33423a5689_hq.gif
    :p;):D
  • AlienSlof
    AlienSlof
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Other:
    Necromancer
    vampire-dbd32.png

Funny how this was missed off the list considering how often it is asked for around here. It would be my vote too.

Let's play Raise The Dead!
    Bionic Crazy Cat Lady
  • TheKingofSass
    TheKingofSass
    ✭✭✭✭
    Battlemage
    Revoke my vote to other.
    I want to be a true Assmancer.
    "Remember, darkness does not always equate to evil, just as light does not always bring good."

Nifereti
    500 CP+┇Altmer┇Vampire Magblade┇AD
    Alyäia Morningstar
    500 CP+┇Altmer┇Vampire Magplar┇AD
    Poison Avy
    500 CP+┇Bosmer┇Werewolf Stamden┇EP
    Tronto Ebur
    500 CP+┇Imperial┇Frosted Tankden┇EP
    Azaerani
    500 CP+┇Dunmer┇Dovah Kendov MagKnight┇DC
  • pdblake
    pdblake
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    no classes,

just a bunch of skills i can pick and choose from to make my own up.

This^

The pick 'n' mix class.
  • Skullstachio
    Skullstachio
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Other:
    DmN5Jxt_d.jpg?maxwidth=640&shape=thumb&fidelity=medium
    Need I say more.
    If you see me anywhere. Know that I am sitting back with a bag of popcorn, watching as ESO burns the goodwill of its player base with practices that only disrespects the players time like it did to me and many others...

If a game does not respect your time, best thing to do is move on from it and find something else.
  • PzTnT
    PzTnT
    ✭✭✭
    Other:
    As a lot of others had said, i too would love a proper necromancer class.
  • Skraticus
    Skraticus
    ✭✭✭
    Other:
    No new classes, just give me the ability to further customize/change mine.

Maybe add a spell crafting system to make that happen? Oh wait ...
  • Strider__Roshin
    Strider__Roshin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Knight
    Something stamina focused with an instant cast spammable, but also has good defensive abilities; as if you merged a Nightblade and a DK into one class.

The Warden was almost this, but I wanted an melee spammable, not a bird.
    Edited by Strider__Roshin on October 11, 2018 1:03PM
  • eso_lags
    eso_lags
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Other:
    lol, didnt have to even look to know others would own this thread. Where was the necromancer?!

But to be honest I dont even want a necromancer because of skyrim. I want a necromancer because i played one in guild wars 2 for a while and it was so fun. Wish we would get something similar but the eso version.
  • bearbelly
    bearbelly
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Other:
    Rather than a class, I'd prefer a werebear skill line, gained via a quest to Solstheim, perhaps.
    Edited by bearbelly on October 11, 2018 1:17PM
  • Odovacar
    Odovacar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Barbarian
    Odovacar wrote: »
    Barbarian! I love necromancers, yes, but barbarians would be awesome IMO! Not sure how it would shake out lore wise, but I'm sure as always ZOS can finagle some storyline into their origin in or "around" Tamriel.

Atmorans?
    Odovacar wrote: »
    Barbarian! I love necromancers, yes, but barbarians would be awesome IMO! Not sure how it would shake out lore wise, but I'm sure as always ZOS can finagle some storyline into their origin in or "around" Tamriel.

Atmorans?

Large, ancient.. yeah I could see it!
  • BigBadVolk
    BigBadVolk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Witch
    Witch or Warlock or sometipe of dark mage typo like the ranged magblade also a necro would be cool, but like with a diff name, necros not really illegal but they have bad names in ESO and most zone have Necro enemies, so like something of a deathbringer or similar to dat with a necro skill line and some other stuff
    "The ass is similar to the opinion: Everyone has it, but no one cares about the others!"
    I'm 120 years old
  • Stefacle
    Stefacle
    ✭✭
    Barbarian
    All of them!

Poll should have been multiple choice.

Long post coming.

I voted Barbarian just because that's what I would love to have chosen for my recently created orc instead of a whimsy Dragonknight. My orc wants to be a skull-crushing barbarian, fighting bare-chested with dual axes or a mighty two-handed hammer. No need for heavy armor or shields. Those are tools for the weak (Dragon) knights hiding behind their shields and shiny armors.

Lack of classes was one of the main reasons why I left ESO within a month from launch. I was one of many who repeatedly asked ZOS to plan for more classes during beta.

Now I am back, giving ESO another chance, and so far I do like it. I actually find the game much more appealing than I did at launch. It is great to see that the Warden has been added to the game, although I would have liked to see at least one more class added with Summerset, maybe Wizzard (fireballs!) or Healer (dedicated healing/support class).

For me, when I create a character in a game, it is very important that I can fully identify with my character. If I don't fully identify with that character, I will quickly lose interest and stop playing the character. Because of this I usually roll quite a few characters before finding one that really makes it for me. The only class that currently fully appeals to me is Nightblade, so that is what I play for now. Dragonknight and Sorcs comes close, but both lack something to really make me love the classes. Warden is ok'ish as well, but still just doesn't quite cut it for me. I may come back to the Warden at some later state once I feel that I am done with my Nightblade. Templar just doesn't do at all for me, but that is mostly because of my real life hate for anything that has to do with religion, and templar is just too 'Holy' for my liking. The class looks solid, and may just be the strongest in the game, but I just plain out refuse to be some holy warrior or whatever, lol.

Personally, I don't agree with those who says we can't have more classes because balance. Having no classes would not make the game more balanced, it would just mean that imbalance would be between certain skill lines instead of classes. Everybody would play current OP/meta skills, and if you don't you would be considered a noob or scrub.

Actually, personally I don't think a MMO should be balanced at all. If everything was perfectly balanced people would get bored and leave the game. My all time favorite MMO is DAOC, and that is probably also the most unbalanced MMO of all time, and IMO that is one of the things that makes it a great MMO. I think ZOS understands that imbalance keeps things fresh and interesting.

Now, back to the subject of classes. Yes, give us (many) more classes to keep the game fresh and interesting in all its glorious imbalance, lol.

Give us barbarians, bards, battlemages and brawlers. Give us healers, necromancers and monks. Give us rangers, witches and witchhunters.

I would be happy to roll one of each class (and others) and give them a try. I would hate some and love others, but that is perfectly fine. Others will love those classes that I hate, and hate those that I love. Tamriel will be filled not just with the same old 4-5 classes, but countless classes all over the place.

It would make ESO look so much more like a real living world. It would make ESO look more like a unique MMORPG and not just another mainstream MMO. I also think it would extend the lifespan of the game.

Just my two cents.
  • ValkynSketha
    ValkynSketha
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Other:
    Engineer that harness the dwemer tech.
  • Hateanthem
    Hateanthem
    ✭✭✭✭
    Bard
    ankeor wrote: »
    Roleplayer class with bunch of amazing looking skill with no scaling and utility.

So you're saying you want to play a sorc?

• mb10
    mb10
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Battlemage
    "nEcrOManCer!"
  • Peekachu99
    Peekachu99
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Making a list like this and willfully excluding Necromancer—which is easily the most requested class to date—invalidates this entire poll.
    Edited by Peekachu99 on October 11, 2018 3:40PM
  • Asardes
    Asardes
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Other:
    None. The game already has enough classes, at least 10 of them in fact since stamina & magicka version of the same class are quite different, and also some classes have (mostly) health based builds for tanking. Why is that? Because there are simply not enough skills/functionalities to fill those class trees without being too similar to something that's already in the game. Having basically almost the same skill with a different animation won't make much sense. I'd rather see new skill lines available to every class, that give some unique skills, so something like Mages Guild, Fighters Guild, Undaunted, Psijic.
    Beta tester since February 2014, played ESO-TU October 2015 - August 2022, currently on an extended break
    vMA (The Flawless Conqueror) | vVH (Spirit Slayer & of the Undying Song) | vDSA | vAA HM | vHRC HM | vSO HM | vMoL | vAS+1 | Emperor

PC-EU CP 3000+
    41,000+ Achievement Points before High Isle
    Member of:
    Pact Veteran Trade: Exemplary
    Traders of the Covenant: God of Sales
    Tamriels Emporium: God of Sales
    Valinor Overflow: Trader
    The Traveling Merchant: Silver

Characters:
    Asardes | 50 Nord Dragonknight | EP AR 50 | Master Crafter: all traits & recipes, all styles released before High Isle
    Alxaril Nelcarion | 50 High Elf Sorcerer | AD AR 20 |
    Dro'Bear Three-paws | 50 Khajiit Nightblade | AD AR 20 |
    Veronique Nicole | 50 Breton Templar | DC AR 20 |
    Sabina Flavia Cosades | 50 Imperial Warden | EP AR 20 |
    Ervesa Neloren | 50 Dark Elf Dragonknight | EP AR 20 |
    Fendar Khodwin | 50 Redguard Sorcerer | DC AR 20 |
    Surilanwe of Lillandril | 50 High Elf Nightblade | AD AR 20 |
    Joleen the Swift | 50 Redguard Templar | DC AR 20 |
    Draynor Telvanni | 50 Dark Elf Warden | EP AR 20 |
    Claudius Tharn | 50 Necromancer | DC AR 20 |
    Nazura-la the Bonedancer | 50 Necromancer | AD AR 20 |

Tharkul gro-Shug | 50 Orc Dragonknight | DC AR 4 |
    Ushruka gra-Lhurgash | 50 Orc Sorcerer | AD AR 4 |
    Cienwen ferch Llywelyn | 50 Breton Nightblade | DC AR 4 |
    Plays-with-Sunray | 50 Argonian Templar | EP AR 4 |
    Milariel | 50 Wood Elf Warden | AD AR 4 |
    Scheei-Jul | 50 Necromancer | EP AR 4 |

PC-NA CP 1800+
    30,000+ Achievement Points before High Isle
    Member of:
    Savage Blade: Majestic Machette

Characters:
    Asardes the Exile | 50 Nord Dragonknight | EP AR 30 |
  • Girl_Number8
    Girl_Number8
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Other:
    Ummm, one they don't nerf to death and make useless. :*
  • mikemacon
    mikemacon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Other:
    None.
  • IcyDeadPeople
    IcyDeadPeople
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Other:
    Asardes wrote: »
    None. The game already has enough classes, at least 10 of them in fact since stamina & magicka version of the same class are quite different, and also some classes have (mostly) health based builds for tanking. Why is that? Because there are simply not enough skills/functionalities to fill those class trees without being too similar to something that's already in the game. Having basically almost the same skill with a different animation won't make much sense.
    I think there is still tons of potential for fun new class abilities
    Asardes wrote: »
    I'd rather see new skill lines available to every class, that give some unique skills, so something like Mages Guild, Fighters Guild, Undaunted, Psijic.

I suppose it depends on what you enjoy. In my case what I enjoy most about this game is coming up with different build ideas for pvp, trying them out and making lot of different alts with totally different builds. Completely new class is a lot more fun for me compared to new skill line.
  • lihentian
    lihentian
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Other:
    Necromancer-names-main-e1509013319706.png?resize=1021%2C580&ssl=1
    necromancer
  • mongoLC
    mongoLC
    ✭✭✭✭
    Other:
    Pack Mule. 20000 inventory :)