(This would replace the Charged Atronach morph, Greater Storm Atronach is great the way it is.)
Edited by MashmalloMan on September 30, 2018 9:55PM
This is my idea for a stamina morph. The morph has to match a stamina sorc's style. Most important thing for me is AoE and mobility. By providing the Atro with the Hurricane ability, it instantly becomes more interesting and feels like your own minion, the daedric summonning tree should be changed to support the summon a bit more than it does. With the changes to how fast pets can run, this is a viable ultimate for the fast paced melee AoE stamina sorc.Balance NotesPRO's
- Reduced cost: 160(136 with passives) = Provides stamina sorc's with a synergy they can have more readily available for group utility.
- Physical DMG: Benefits Stamina Sorc's through CP, penetration and set synergy.
- Mobile movement: Matches theme of stamina sorc, will be in melee range fighting along side you for it's duration, needs to be closer for Hurricane to hit effectively.
- Hurricane: Provides an AoE that increases in damage and size the longer the Atro survives. Lasts 18 seconds instead of 15 for 3 extra ticks of strong DMG.
Other Class Synergy's
- Reduced duration: 18 seconds vs 28 seconds = To balance out the reduced cost and AoE DMG this morph provides.
- Removal of AoE 6m Stun on arrival = Stun, AoE, reduced cost seemed overloaded. Not lightning based, summoning the Atro through air instead of the sky makes more thematic sense.
- Physical DMG: Shock DMG helps proc concuss.
- Melee range: Being in melee range means the morph would be cc'ed or killed by bosses more often.
- Smaller target: This is to balance the fact that it would be in melee range, with the current size it would body block the stam sorc too easily for pve/pvp.
- Survivability: This kinda effects every pet, but this pet would be in melee range like bear/clanfear, stam sorc's don't have shields to proctect them or any heals besides vigor, I believe this could be offset by the below crit surge rework proposal.
- Daedric Summoning Passive - Rebate: Change this passive completely or buff it from 1500 magicka return to 2000 magicka or stamina return if a pet is unsummoned or dies based on which resource is higher. This will give stam sorc's a useful passive especially because it means we can get 2000 stamina return back every 46 seconds. Small, but useful.
- Daedric Summoning Passive - Expert Summoner: Change this passive to a duration buff. " Any time you summon a pet you gain +8% health for 30 seconds, while the pet is active you passively keep the 8% max hp bonus" This means every type of build, tank/healer/dps can get use out of the 8% max hp for at minimum 30 seconds when they summon instead of ONLY while the pet is active which makes the passive widely useless because you need to resummon your pets quite frequently due to mechanics.
- Crit/Power Surge - Change this ability slightly to heal our pets as well. Shields were nerfed pretty hard with a 40% cap, obviously stam sorc's don't use shields but the point is it wouldn't be OP to allow us to heal our pets via crit/power surge. This would help tanks (clanfear), healers (matriarch), and mag/stam dps.
I don't know what actual numbers to use because the DMG calculation of Hurricane complicates things and I would need to know base values on live first. Instead I'll use ratio's and percentages.
Greater Storm Atro costs 170 with a duration of 28 seconds so the effective uptime would be about 49-50% maximum with no ultimate sets. (3 ult/sec)
Air Atro costs 136 with a duation of 18 seconds so the effective uptime would be about 38-39% maximum with no ultimate sets. (3 ult/sec)
Greater Storm Atro major berserk synergy is 8 seconds every 57 seconds (3 ult/sec) giving about 14% uptime.
Air Atro major berserk is 8 seconds every 46 seconds (3 ult/sec) giving about 17% uptime.
Due to Air Atro's lower uptime and minimal increase on major berserk uptime, I'd suggest the damage for the 18 seconds be a bit stronger then the DMG 18 seconds of the greater storm Atro can provide, but not by a lot. Maybe +10-20% because stamina classes generally do more DMG anyway and the Air Atro is AoE for it's full duration.
As a total, the damage of the Air Atro should be split 1/3 swipe attack DMG and 2/3 Hurricane DMG, this is to not overpower the AoE element of the ult and provide the potential to lower the increased overall 20% DMG it has through cc canceling out the dps from swipe attacks. Hurricane is not channeled so continues to cause DMG when the Atro is cc'ed.Idea's Harder to balance.
I was interested in, was providing the minor expedition buff to Hurricane, but instead of just the Atro, it provides it to everyone in the area. That or minor expedition is only provided via the synergy, the syngery could be unique to the Atro making it only provide it to everyone in the group if activated along with the major berserk. Skill just seems a bit overloaded though.
Atro could debuff through regular attacks with something like major fracture/minor fracture. Still seems like too much.
Started with PC Beta and PS4 Launch - 1000+ CP
Stam Sorc Orc PvE Main || Stam Sorc Nord PvP Main || Stam DK Nord
Stam Necro Orc BowBow || Stam Warden Wood Elf BowBow || Stam Blade Wood Elf BowBow
Mag Sorc Breton || Mag Templar Breton