Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Stam Sorc Air Atronach

MashmalloMan
MashmalloMan
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭
VAxjq7O.pngTiMFPPf.png
(This would replace the Charged Atronach morph, Greater Storm Atronach is great the way it is.)

This is my idea for a stamina morph. The morph has to match a stamina sorc's style. Most important thing for me is AoE and mobility. By providing the Atro with the Hurricane ability, it instantly becomes more interesting and feels like your own minion, the daedric summonning tree should be changed to support the summon a bit more than it does. With the changes to how fast pets can run, this is a viable ultimate for the fast paced melee AoE stamina sorc.

Balance Notes
PRO's
  • Reduced cost: 160(136 with passives) = Provides stamina sorc's with a synergy they can have more readily available for group utility.
  • Physical DMG: Benefits Stamina Sorc's through CP, penetration and set synergy.
  • Mobile movement: Matches theme of stamina sorc, will be in melee range fighting along side you for it's duration, needs to be closer for Hurricane to hit effectively.
  • Hurricane: Provides an AoE that increases in damage and size the longer the Atro survives. Lasts 18 seconds instead of 15 for 3 extra ticks of strong DMG.

CON'S
  • Reduced duration: 18 seconds vs 28 seconds = To balance out the reduced cost and AoE DMG this morph provides.
  • Removal of AoE 6m Stun on arrival = Stun, AoE, reduced cost seemed overloaded. Not lightning based, summoning the Atro through air instead of the sky makes more thematic sense.
  • Physical DMG: Shock DMG helps proc concuss.
  • Melee range: Being in melee range means the morph would be cc'ed or killed by bosses more often.
  • Smaller target: This is to balance the fact that it would be in melee range, with the current size it would body block the stam sorc too easily for pve/pvp.
  • Survivability: This kinda effects every pet, but this pet would be in melee range like bear/clanfear, stam sorc's don't have shields to proctect them or any heals besides vigor, I believe this could be offset by the below crit surge rework proposal.

Other Class Synergy's
  • Daedric Summoning Passive - Rebate: Change this passive completely or buff it from 1500 magicka return to 2000 magicka or stamina return if a pet is unsummoned or dies based on which resource is higher. This will give stam sorc's a useful passive especially because it means we can get 2000 stamina return back every 46 seconds. Small, but useful.
  • Daedric Summoning Passive - Expert Summoner: Change this passive to a duration buff. " Any time you summon a pet you gain +8% health for 30 seconds, while the pet is active you passively keep the 8% max hp bonus" This means every type of build, tank/healer/dps can get use out of the 8% max hp for at minimum 30 seconds when they summon instead of ONLY while the pet is active which makes the passive widely useless because you need to resummon your pets quite frequently due to mechanics.
  • Crit/Power Surge - Change this ability slightly to heal our pets as well. Shields were nerfed pretty hard with a 40% cap, obviously stam sorc's don't use shields but the point is it wouldn't be OP to allow us to heal our pets via crit/power surge. This would help tanks (clanfear), healers (matriarch), and mag/stam dps.

Numbers
I don't know what actual numbers to use because the DMG calculation of Hurricane complicates things and I would need to know base values on live first. Instead I'll use ratio's and percentages.

Greater Storm Atro costs 170 with a duration of 28 seconds so the effective uptime would be about 49-50% maximum with no ultimate sets. (3 ult/sec)
Air Atro costs 136 with a duation of 18 seconds so the effective uptime would be about 38-39% maximum with no ultimate sets. (3 ult/sec)

Greater Storm Atro major berserk synergy is 8 seconds every 57 seconds (3 ult/sec) giving about 14% uptime.
Air Atro major berserk is 8 seconds every 46 seconds (3 ult/sec) giving about 17% uptime.

Due to Air Atro's lower uptime and minimal increase on major berserk uptime, I'd suggest the damage for the 18 seconds be a bit stronger then the DMG 18 seconds of the greater storm Atro can provide, but not by a lot. Maybe +10-20% because stamina classes generally do more DMG anyway and the Air Atro is AoE for it's full duration.

As a total, the damage of the Air Atro should be split 1/3 swipe attack DMG and 2/3 Hurricane DMG, this is to not overpower the AoE element of the ult and provide the potential to lower the increased overall 20% DMG it has through cc canceling out the dps from swipe attacks. Hurricane is not channeled so continues to cause DMG when the Atro is cc'ed.

Idea's Harder to balance.
I was interested in, was providing the minor expedition buff to Hurricane, but instead of just the Atro, it provides it to everyone in the area. That or minor expedition is only provided via the synergy, the syngery could be unique to the Atro making it only provide it to everyone in the group if activated along with the major berserk. Skill just seems a bit overloaded though.

Atro could debuff through regular attacks with something like major fracture/minor fracture. Still seems like too much.
Edited by MashmalloMan on September 30, 2018 9:55PM
PC Beta - 1900+ CP

Stam Sorc Khajiit PvE/PVP Main || Stam Sorc Dark Elf PvP ||
Stam Templar Dark Elf || Stam Warden Wood Elf || Stam DK Nord || Stam Necro Orc || Stam Blade Khajiit

Mag Sorc High Elf || Mag Templar High Elf || Mag Warden Breton || Mag Necro Khajiit || Mag Blade Khajiit
  • JinMori
    JinMori
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Wow, this is a really nice idea.
  • rafaelcsmaia
    rafaelcsmaia
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Loved the idea, what makes me sad is seeing a lot of great posts, a lot of time invested in ideas and zos simply not caring
  • MashmalloMan
    MashmalloMan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    JinMori wrote: »
    Wow, this is a really nice idea.

Loved the idea, what makes me sad is seeing a lot of great posts, a lot of time invested in ideas and zos simply not caring

Yeah, but just gotta keep trying, good things are coming for sorc's they have been overdue for some major changes, magicka and stamina alike. Class rep notes showed they had acknowledged providing a stam ult and a rework coming in the future that compliments the shield changes. Hoping that means big stam sorc changes too.
    Edited by MashmalloMan on September 29, 2018 10:23PM
    PC Beta - 1900+ CP

Stam Templar Dark Elf || Stam Warden Wood Elf || Stam DK Nord || Stam Necro Orc || Stam Blade Khajiit

Mag Sorc High Elf || Mag Templar High Elf || Mag Warden Breton || Mag Necro Khajiit || Mag Blade Khajiit
  • WrathOfInnos
    WrathOfInnos
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    But I don’t think typhoons can exist that close to hurricanes.
  • MashmalloMan
    MashmalloMan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    But I don’t think typhoons can exist that close to hurricanes.

Yeah might change it, seemed lame to call it the same name as hurricane but its the same ability. Guess it's fine to stick with air because of lore reasons.
    Edited by MashmalloMan on September 29, 2018 10:56PM
    PC Beta - 1900+ CP

• Aedaryl
    Aedaryl
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Let's be clear.

Greater storm atronach is the good magicka morph, ZoS need to change the other morph.
  • Thraben
    Thraben
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    VAxjq7O.pngTiMFPPf.png

This is my idea for a stamina morph. The morph has to match a stamina sorc's style. Most important thing for me is AoE and mobility. By providing the Atro with the Hurricane ability, it instantly becomes more interesting and feels like your own minion, the daedric summonning tree should be changed to support the summon a bit more than it does. With the changes to how fast pets can run, this is a viable ultimate for the fast paced melee AoE stamina sorc.

Coming from PvP, i suggested the exact opposite:

StamSorcs don´t need more AoE DPS, we are already the gods of the Steel Tornado, and will even out-dps most magicka classes in AoE situations after the Murkmire patch. You will even see people using OL heavy attacks on single targets ;)

In PvP we need something like Incap: a cheap single target Ulti that helps with initial damage. Thus, the Air Atro´s duration should be dependant on the invested amount of Ulti: 50 for 5 seconds, 100 for 10 seconds and so on.Furthermore, it should provide the major bezerk to the caster.

I´m ok with the rest, though the current damage types of the Atronach (ground based impact, and beam attack) are much more useful against good players than a melee or a projectile attack.
    Hauptmann der Dolche des Königs

DDK ist die letzte Verteidigungslinie des Dolchsturz- Bündnisses auf der 30-Tage-No-CP- Kampagne(EU) mit dem Anspruch, in kleinen, anfängerfreundlichen Raid-Gruppen möglichst epische Schlachten auszufechten.

DDK is the Daggerfall Covenant´s last line of defense on the 30 days no-cp campaign (EU). We intend to fight epic battles in small, casual player friendly raid groups.
  • Apherius
    Apherius
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Thraben wrote: »

In PvP we need something like Incap: a cheap single target Ulti that helps with initial damage. Thus, the Air Atro´s duration should be dependant on the invested amount of Ulti: 50 for 5 seconds, 100 for 10 seconds and so on.Furthermore, it should provide the major bezerk to the caster..

This would be OP, everysingle stamsorc would use it each time they reach 50 ult and get 100% of major berserk.
  • Morgul667
    Morgul667
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think we need an ultimate that matches a quick and mobile gameplay
  • del9
    del9
    ✭✭✭✭
    I like the flavor. But would still elect for a physical overload if given the choice.
    PCNA

• Perashim
    Perashim
    ✭✭✭
    I like it! A new atronach for us to conjure that also doubles as something for stamsorcs is a fantastic idea!
    Despair for the Living...
  • MashmalloMan
    MashmalloMan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Aedaryl wrote: »
    Let's be clear.

Greater storm atronach is the good magicka morph, ZoS need to change the other morph.

Yes I know. The point of the 2 pictures is to show how they would compare, I did my best to balance them. There is really no changes made to greater storm atro, the real changes happen to the base ability to keep both morphs feeling progressive as ZOS has done in the past and how they reworked wearwolf passives.

Base ability would have lets say 50% size(50% from live), 18 seconds, shock dmg, no aoe stun on arrival. This simplifies the tooltips because it would be annoyingly difficult to put in the tooltip information for the stam morph (Loses aoe stun and 50% in size)

When you choose your morph..

Greater Storm Atronach would increase the size by +100%(live size), add an aoe stun on arrival and increase duration and dmg.

Air Atronach would stay the same size, change to physical dmg, add hurricane, mobility and reduced cost.
    del9 wrote: »
    I like the flavor. But would still elect for a physical overload if given the choice.

The physical overload would act the way they changed it on pts. When ZOS makes fundamental changes like that it usually sticks. It's completely different from the 3rd bar overload. Every cast costs 22 ultimate. It is hugely expensive to weave and doesn't out dps something similar like ballista unless you use it with a good deal of ult. I don't really care for a physical version of overload unless it provided the third bar or the current iteration is changed to be cheaper to use. I'd prefer both Overload and Atronach to have physical morphs but that seems to be too much to ask for...

The Atronach the way I propose it would be thematically sound.

PC Beta - 1900+ CP

• MashmalloMan
    MashmalloMan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    VAxjq7O.pngTiMFPPf.png

Coming from PvP, i suggested the exact opposite:

StamSorcs don´t need more AoE DPS, we are already the gods of the Steel Tornado, and will even out-dps most magicka classes in AoE situations after the Murkmire patch. You will even see people using OL heavy attacks on single targets ;)

In PvP we need something like Incap: a cheap single target Ulti that helps with initial damage. Thus, the Air Atro´s duration should be dependant on the invested amount of Ulti: 50 for 5 seconds, 100 for 10 seconds and so on.Furthermore, it should provide the major bezerk to the caster.

I´m ok with the rest, though the current damage types of the Atronach (ground based impact, and beam attack) are much more useful against good players than a melee or a projectile attack.

The problem with stam sorc's is they are completely selfish classes, providing a synergy for other people is very important and if you provide the synergy to yourself too, it will vastly need to be nerfed to the point where the atro is pretty much just a buffing ultimate for major berserk.

I like the idea of being able to cast it early for lower duration, but idk seems pretty weak as an ultimate that way, maybe the numbers would have to be changed. I feel like if your interested in a skill buffing yourself, the better choice for that is overload as a physical morph.

The ONLY reason we are "aoe spin to win kings" is because of implosion and hurricane combined. We only have 5% physical dmg different from other classes, the 2% extra dmg per sorc ability is the same as the 6% templars get. Stam blades have crit and both templar/nightblades have 10% crit dmg. Wardens have 10+% dmg done. Dragonknights... nothing lol.

Hurricane is dope, yes, and it helps proc implosion, but everyone knows implosion is an rng crutch, I don't think anyone likes to rely on it and as long as I had something to replace it, I'd be happy, if they are making an air atro, I'm sure they are looking at our passives too.

Also, if you make our physical atro the exact same as the magicka morph with ranged and aoe blasts, what is the point of making it physical dmg in the first place. The 2 morphs should provide different styles of play. They already do this now.

1 is for aoe (horrible currently) and the other is for sustained dps. It would be perfect to change the aoe lesser used option in to a melee air atronach. If you want a ranged option to hide behind you still have the magicka morph. It's not like it would be weak in BG. CP and penetration is what makes shock dmg weak, they already scale off of your max dmg and resource pool.
    Edited by MashmalloMan on September 30, 2018 5:50PM
    PC Beta - 1900+ CP

• ZarkingFrued
    ZarkingFrued
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is what should happen as long as the storm atro moves with relevant speed, what will happen tho is nothing good, or something like this and then the following patch it will be nerfed to a summon skeever that flatulates and dies from the tiny and offensive self combustion dealing X damage to yourself. XD
  • MashmalloMan
    MashmalloMan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Morgul667 wrote: »
    I think we need an ultimate that matches a quick and mobile gameplay

Well thats why I want it to be melee range, the new pets have increased speed and they can keep up with you easily. Maybe the speedy ultimate your looking for is better suited for something like overload that just buffs yourself.
    Edited by MashmalloMan on September 30, 2018 5:56PM
    PC Beta - 1900+ CP

• imredneckson
    imredneckson
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I like this idea!
    Legions of Mordor Guild Officer
    Member of the GvG Community

Dunmer NB - Merser Frey (DC)
    Dunmer DK - Akaviri Battlereeve (DC)- http://orig05.deviantart.net/7ecd/f/2016/013/b/f/you_***_kill_by_eso_picture-d9nrz0q.png
    Imperial Templar - Knight of the Blood Oath (DC)-
    http://orig00.deviantart.net/5ba3/f/2016/115/a/0/jesus_beam_ftw____by_eso_picture-da09ecj.png
    High Elf Templar - Aurí-El (AD)
    High Elf Templar - Teutonic Honor Guard (EP)
  • MashmalloMan
    MashmalloMan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    This is what should happen as long as the storm atro moves with relevant speed, what will happen tho is nothing good, or something like this and then the following patch it will be nerfed to a summon skeever that flatulates and dies from the tiny and offensive self combustion dealing X damage to yourself. XD

It should be easy to code. Thats why I thought hurricane was a good fit.

Movement: Same coding as bear or clanfear, they both move very quickly now.
    Auto Attacks: Same coding as any pet, take out the extra attacks some of them randomly do.
    Size: Half size of the current atronach or even less because that thing is HUGE and imposing if its always in melee.
    Hurricane: Just attach the same hurricane stam sorcs have but it lasts +3 seconds longer, same modifer but +180%
    Damage: Should be adjusted to be balanced enough that it doesn't out dps the greater storm atro morph, but maybe because it has lesser uptime and lower suitability (melee range) it would have more burst dmg if it lasted the full 18 second window.
    Edited by MashmalloMan on September 30, 2018 6:19PM
    PC Beta - 1900+ CP

• Thraben
    Thraben
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Apherius wrote: »

In PvP we need something like Incap: a cheap single target Ulti that helps with initial damage. Thus, the Air Atro´s duration should be dependant on the invested amount of Ulti: 50 for 5 seconds, 100 for 10 seconds and so on.Furthermore, it should provide the major bezerk to the caster..

This would be OP, everysingle stamsorc would use it each time they reach 50 ult and get 100% of major berserk.

Why should it be OP? Incap is STILL better than this (20% more damage + defile + no need to be targeted + higher initial damage than the Atro´s impact). That being said, we don´t have the class based DPS skills anyway to abuse the 25%.
    Hauptmann der Dolche des Königs

DDK ist die letzte Verteidigungslinie des Dolchsturz- Bündnisses auf der 30-Tage-No-CP- Kampagne(EU) mit dem Anspruch, in kleinen, anfängerfreundlichen Raid-Gruppen möglichst epische Schlachten auszufechten.

DDK is the Daggerfall Covenant´s last line of defense on the 30 days no-cp campaign (EU). We intend to fight epic battles in small, casual player friendly raid groups.
  • Narvuntien
    Narvuntien
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Well I saw others suggest a stamina overload morph (e.g Overload weapons) which could be your single target ulti for PVP then this for AoE in PVE.

I think Stam sorcs need more actual sorc skills for a better-defined identity seems like something players want.
  • StamWhipCultist
    StamWhipCultist
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This air atro would be nice.
    I see its use in PvE. In PvP Id sat DBoS is still #1 ulti for stamsorc.
  • MashmalloMan
    MashmalloMan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    This air atro would be nice.
    I see its use in PvE. In PvP Id sat DBoS is still #1 ulti for stamsorc.

Yeah it would mainly be PvE, but I don't see anything wrong with that. It's hard to replace DBoS, I wouldn't bother trying.

Plus a PvP ult seems better suited for the low cost on overload. Would love to see a stam morph for that where your light attacks made you charge your enemies lol. How awesome would that be, like an uppercut from street fighter. Sorc's don't have a gap closer so it would be pretty cool to give the speedy class 1, maybe reduce it to 12 meters because it would be on light attacks, but it cost ult so you would run out very fast anyway.

Side Note: This ult is even more viable then ever before now that pets will take no DMG in group pve content. My proposal was to give stam sorc's more group utility + dmg, instead of using something like Ballista which is just for DPS, now that an Air Atronach wouldn't die to mechanics, it would be useful to use in groups to provide major berserk + do great dmg.
    Edited by MashmalloMan on October 3, 2018 7:46AM
    PC Beta - 1900+ CP

• StamWhipCultist
    StamWhipCultist
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I agree.
  • DarkPicture
    DarkPicture
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yea, good idea, ST + AOE target + movemment, reduce cost also gives major berserk, when magica morph have only 2 of these things xDD sounds fair xDD

From everything is what is there, the icon avatar looks cool
    Edited by DarkPicture on October 3, 2018 12:13PM
  • Harrdarrzarr
    Harrdarrzarr
    ✭✭✭
    This idea isn't very moderate, you combined all wishes into one. Having the aoe damage, the slashes, the low cost, the duration, the mobility and the major berserk all in 1 ultimate is waaaaaay too OP.

I'd prefer an overload kinda ulti which adds a type of damage to whatever damage we already do in our rotation. Like the way an enchant works. The ulti would enchant all our damage done for like 10/15 seconds. The same way how a dragonknights standard of might works. Maybe the enchant could do physical damage and apply major vulnerability for 5 seconds, or minor for 15 seconds. This would give groups an insentive to have a stamsorc. Just some idea's
    Edited by Harrdarrzarr on October 3, 2018 12:56PM
  • MashmalloMan
    MashmalloMan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    This idea isn't very moderate, you combined all wishes into one. Having the aoe damage, the slashes, the low cost, the duration, the mobility and the major berserk all in 1 ultimate is waaaaaay too OP.
    Browart wrote: »
    Yea, good idea, ST + AOE target + movemment, reduce cost also gives major berserk, when magica morph have only 2 of these things xDD sounds fair xDD

I honestly don't think it's "OP". How about we look at what Incap Strike provides for the 70 ult cost. That thing is overloaded but it still works.

Air Atro would have LESS duration (even with reduced cost it has LOWER uptime), NO aoe stun, smaller in size (people use pets to body block), MELEE range so it requires movement (going to spend time running around to enemies instead of shooting from afar), PHYSICAL dmg so it has no secondary effect.

The ST + AOE argument doesn't make any sense to me, the current iteration does that exact same thing (albeit poorly and that's why no one uses it). You just need to balance the damage properly. The Greater Storm Atro can provide more pressure and reliable DMG from a distance, therefore doesn't need to be worried about cc as much as a melee Air Atro. The ST auto attack is really just fluff anyway. A way to spread out the max dmg it does in to a portion you can cc which I mentioned in my post too. If 100% of the DMG was just AoE it would be OP or useless - no in between.

Major Berserk's synergy is for your teammates, not yourself. You get +4 % uptime on the major berserk vs Greater atronach. 13% vs 17% which is practically nothing, stam classes don't offer anything for synergy's right now. Stam sorc is 1 of the most selfish spec's because it's actually a dps loss to use a dark magic ability to give minor sorcery to the group too, so having a Stam Sorc =/= having the group minor sorcery buff where other classes manage to provide it no matter what spec they are.. Might change a little next patch because you can get more return out of dark deal.

So I fail to see how all of the downsides outweigh the good, I purposely made many downsides to justify the good that it offers.

I purposely left out the damage on the single target attack and the aoe dmg because it requires balancing, the single target auto attacks in comparison to the Greater Storm Atro would be like 30% of the single target dmg that morph has.
    I'd prefer an overload kinda ulti which adds a type of damage to whatever damage we already do in our rotation. Like the way an enchant works. The ulti would enchant all our damage done for like 10/15 seconds. The same way how a dragonknights standard of might works. Maybe the enchant could do physical damage and apply major vulnerability for 5 seconds, or minor for 15 seconds. This would give groups an insentive to have a stamsorc. Just some idea's

Every debuff in the game is already available in a group and what you described is kinda already in the pts. A synergy for your group is much more useful. We lost our 3rd bar, but now we can weave overloaded light attacks that do shock dmg. I'm less interested in that skill being changed to a physical morph for pve content because it's in a great place for a pvp ultimate.

Lower cost and single target, I mentioned somewhere else how it would be cool if it empowers your light attacks in to mini gap closers. Imagine light attack weaving someone in pvp with a 12m gap closer every light attack. (It would still cost 22ult per light attack to use so you would run out fairly fast weaving.) It would require balancing the dmg and range, but it would suit a fast melee style of a stam sorc. Gap closers with 2h are already available at 22m so I don't think a low range gap closer is a big deal. I can spam stampede anyway.

Edited by MashmalloMan on October 3, 2018 4:55PM
    PC Beta - 1900+ CP

• MashmalloMan
    MashmalloMan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

Thanks, lol found it online, cropped it and coloured it, then realized the same image is an icon on the forums as a DP.

PC Beta - 1900+ CP

• Apherius
    Apherius
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Thanks, lol found it online, cropped it and coloured it, then realized the same image is an icon on the forums as a DP.

yup
  • MashmalloMan
    MashmalloMan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    @Apherius hey yeah that one lol!
    PC Beta - 1900+ CP

• Wuuffyy
    Wuuffyy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Apherius wrote: »

Why should it be OP? Incap is STILL better than this (20% more damage + defile + no need to be targeted + higher initial damage than the Atro´s impact). That being said, we don´t have the class based DPS skills anyway to abuse the 25%.

The berserk on synergies only my dear puglet.

Please implement this and/or a stam melee range-physical overload.
    Wuuffyy,
    ESO player since 2014
    -PM for questions