The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
The maintenance is complete, and the PTS is now back online and patch 10.0.1 is available.
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

PTS Update 20 - Feedback Thread for Nightblades

• Nyladreas
    Nyladreas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    dagonbeer wrote: »
    Magblades were good, but not meta and not overperforming. Really disheartening to see nerf after nerf while stronger specs are buffed (or receive the same nerfs as their stronger stamina counterpart.)

So recently:
    - Grim focus - snare gone (which is fair), cost increased (sucks, but also fair), but increased travel time? Completely unnecessary. It's easy enough to dodge as is, and makes it less fun to play.
    - Strife - I get the funnel nerf for endgame PvE. But removing minor vitality was unnecessary. What's the point? Surgical changes please. I don't remember the last patch without a nerf to strife. Of course, stamblades are unaffected.
    - Healing ward - only source of burst heal, gone. Critable shields is also a nerf. Stamblades untouched.
    - CP crit chance - reduced, moved to minor prophecy. Solo magblades nerfed, stamblades untouched.
    - Refreshing Path - been continuously nerfed the last few balance patches, and now finally gone for good.

Obviously all of this makes a game fun to play.

These are the two reasons I won’t be playing my Magblade much in Murkmire. The shield nerfs can be worked around but merciless is now almost not worth casting and the lack of an emergency heal is extremely annoying.

There are build ideas that I’ve seen that may work to some degree but why bother when heavy Stamblade is just objectively better in every situation now?

Yeah minor berserk wouldn’t be worth a slot and take off your only source of burst damage lol. You are honestly showing your magblade class knowledge by every post. I will say again, have you tried heavy armor? You say we’re losing our only burst heal, you’re neglecting to acknowledge dark cloak that scales off your max health...heavy armor + a couple siphoning abilities and you can easily reach 28k+ health depending on your race. You honestly just need to take a step back and theorycraft your actual class or stop complaining and find a new class because you obviously can’t adapt to anything.

In my opinion if you play Magblade without cloak you’ve completely lost sight of what makes the class unique and might as well play another mag class.

You can run heavy Magblade but you really lose a lot of damage. In Cyro you can make it work but in BGs you ain’t going to be killing anyone in impen gear as heavy Magblade in Murkmire. 100% Vigor uptime is enough to heal through your sustained pressure and you’re not landing a bow proc on anyone with any skill now that you can actually cc-break and roll before it lands, even at point-blank range.

It’s abundantly obvious that you haven’t played the PTS so your opinion isn’t worth consideration.

Ok, well when Murk drops and you’re still on the forums crying I will be destroying BGs like usual on my magblade with a build I already have theorycrafted not utilizing shields or cloak with heavy armor and will be sure to keep you updated. Lol.

What makes people like you so overconfident? Is it the fact that console is entirely different, or the fact that you don't know what you're talking about? Have you even tested your build on the PTS at all? I can tell you that magblades are utter garbage there. Especially with the new builds that weren't possible before murkmire.
    Edited by Nyladreas on October 15, 2018 8:11PM
  • lucky_dutch
    lucky_dutch
    ✭✭✭✭
    Magblades were good, but not meta and not overperforming. Really disheartening to see nerf after nerf while stronger specs are buffed (or receive the same nerfs as their stronger stamina counterpart.)

So recently:
    - Grim focus - snare gone (which is fair), cost increased (sucks, but also fair), but increased travel time? Completely unnecessary. It's easy enough to dodge as is, and makes it less fun to play.
    - Strife - I get the funnel nerf for endgame PvE. But removing minor vitality was unnecessary. What's the point? Surgical changes please. I don't remember the last patch without a nerf to strife. Of course, stamblades are unaffected.
    - Healing ward - only source of burst heal, gone. Critable shields is also a nerf. Stamblades untouched.
    - CP crit chance - reduced, moved to minor prophecy. Solo magblades nerfed, stamblades untouched.
    - Refreshing Path - been continuously nerfed the last few balance patches, and now finally gone for good.

These are the two reasons I won’t be playing my Magblade much in Murkmire. The shield nerfs can be worked around but merciless is now almost not worth casting and the lack of an emergency heal is extremely annoying.

There are build ideas that I’ve seen that may work to some degree but why bother when heavy Stamblade is just objectively better in every situation now?

Yeah minor berserk wouldn’t be worth a slot and take off your only source of burst damage lol. You are honestly showing your magblade class knowledge by every post. I will say again, have you tried heavy armor? You say we’re losing our only burst heal, you’re neglecting to acknowledge dark cloak that scales off your max health...heavy armor + a couple siphoning abilities and you can easily reach 28k+ health depending on your race. You honestly just need to take a step back and theorycraft your actual class or stop complaining and find a new class because you obviously can’t adapt to anything.

In my opinion if you play Magblade without cloak you’ve completely lost sight of what makes the class unique and might as well play another mag class.

You can run heavy Magblade but you really lose a lot of damage. In Cyro you can make it work but in BGs you ain’t going to be killing anyone in impen gear as heavy Magblade in Murkmire. 100% Vigor uptime is enough to heal through your sustained pressure and you’re not landing a bow proc on anyone with any skill now that you can actually cc-break and roll before it lands, even at point-blank range.

It’s abundantly obvious that you haven’t played the PTS so your opinion isn’t worth consideration.

Ok, well when Murk drops and you’re still on the forums crying I will be destroying BGs like usual on my magblade with a build I already have theorycrafted not utilizing shields or cloak with heavy armor and will be sure to keep you updated. Lol.

You aren’t and you won’t be.

If you run heavy Magblade without cloak in Murkmire stam classes will absolutely annihilate you with bleeds and weapon enchants proccing off those bleeds.

Gank builds will continue to be the best choice in BGs as quickly eliminating a target always beats steady damage that’s easy to to heal through, especially in BGs. The only thing that’s changes is that you’ll be much less effective against skilled players.

Perhaps if your MMR is as low as your posts might indicate, you will be OK as down that low I doubt people will dodge bow procs consistently, let alone anticipate cc-bow combos.
  • Nyladreas
    Nyladreas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

So recently:

If you run heavy Magblade without cloak in Murkmire stam classes will absolutely annihilate you with bleeds and weapon enchants proccing off those bleeds.

Gank builds will continue to be the best choice in BGs as quickly eliminating a target always beats steady damage that’s easy to to heal through, especially in BGs. The only thing that’s changes is that you’ll be much less effective against skilled players.

Perhaps if your MMR is as low as your posts might indicate, you will be OK as down that low I doubt people will dodge bow procs consistently, let alone anticipate cc-bow combos.

He's a console player, they have an entirely different situation there. PvP is a cake walk. He has no idea what he's even talking about. I'd just entirely disregard what he says.

This is why i say devs should separate feedback from PC and Console. There's an insanely huge difference that NEEDS TO be considered.
    Edited by Nyladreas on October 15, 2018 8:25PM
  • thankyourat
    thankyourat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nyladreas wrote: »

So recently:

He's a console player, they have an entirely different situation there. PvP is a cake walk. He has no idea what he's even talking about. I'd just entirely disregard what he says.

This is why i say devs should separate feedback from PC and Console. There's an insanely huge difference that NEEDS TO be considered.

There is no difference between console and PC. I assure you that if I switch to PC I would still be one of the best magblades on that platform. This is a problem with the ESO community. This player says he has a good heavy armor build and your first thought is since I can't build a heavy armor build that works he can't either. When your first thought should've been maybe this player is more skilled than me and if I work on my game I can build a viable magblade build as well.

So recently:

Heavy armor is good though and it has always been good and you don't need Cloak. the combination of crippling grasp, shadow image, and destro staff completely shuts down melee builds right now and that won't change next patch. You are also showing your youth to the magblade class players have never been able to insure the bow lands because it already travels too slow on live and before that it had a cast time. At the end off the day no one is saying magblade didn't take big hits, but only a certain magblade build took big hits. My heavy armor build will be almost unchanged. Heavy has good damage I have a 23k assassin's will tooltip and also have skoria slotted so the burst is there
  • lucky_dutch
    lucky_dutch
    ✭✭✭✭
    Lol! You can’t possibly comment because and I cannot stress this enough, YOU HAVENT PLAYED THE PTS!

You have literally no idea how the game is playing on there now. You commenting from a position of complete ignorance.
    Edited by lucky_dutch on October 15, 2018 10:04PM
  • dagonbeer
    dagonbeer
    ✭✭✭
    Heavy armor is good though and it has always been good and you don't need Cloak. the combination of crippling grasp, shadow image, and destro staff completely shuts down melee builds right now and that won't change next patch.

I would like to visit your magical max-speed-free, full-momentum-free wonderland.

• HEBREWHAMMERRR
    HEBREWHAMMERRR
    ✭✭✭✭✭

So recently:

You seem new to the class and it shows in your posting. I don’t know if you know this but good magblade pvpers talk amongst ourselves. I’ve already theorcrafted with some of the best PC magblades and I know exactly what I’m running day 1 murkmire. Just like I ran wizard trans skoria day 1 morrowind and absolutely annihalted BGs. You sir, need to learn the class, learn to build around strengths and weaknesses and stop complaining on the forums. Good players adapt.

I’m guessing you haven’t been a magblade long enough to remember the old cloak purge, the .4sec cast time on merciless, siphoning nerf..when you’ve been through all this, patch notes aren’t the end of the world. You adapt.

You are crying on every post I see, and when I try offering solutions or even some sort of discussion, you try to put down my ideas as impossible and not “up to your standards”. How many alliance kills do you have? How many BG wins?
  • HEBREWHAMMERRR
    HEBREWHAMMERRR
    ✭✭✭✭✭

So recently:

Pvp is a cake walk? What is different? You don’t have your add ons, key binds, macros? I can assure you the switch from console to PC would be a “cake walk” compared to the opposite. You come off ignorant.
  • HEBREWHAMMERRR
    HEBREWHAMMERRR
    ✭✭✭✭✭

So recently:

There is no difference between console and PC. I assure you that if I switch to PC I would still be one of the best magblades on that platform. This is a problem with the ESO community. This player says he has a good heavy armor build and your first thought is since I can't build a heavy armor build that works he can't either. When your first thought should've been maybe this player is more skilled than me and if I work on my game I can build a viable magblade build as well.

So recently:

Heavy armor is good though and it has always been good and you don't need Cloak. the combination of crippling grasp, shadow image, and destro staff completely shuts down melee builds right now and that won't change next patch. You are also showing your youth to the magblade class players have never been able to insure the bow lands because it already travels too slow on live and before that it had a cast time. At the end off the day no one is saying magblade didn't take big hits, but only a certain magblade build took big hits. My heavy armor build will be almost unchanged. Heavy has good damage I have a 23k assassin's will tooltip and also have skoria slotted so the burst is there

I will have to message you the new build Nyssa / champion points put together man. Going to be broken for next patch lol.
  • thankyourat
    thankyourat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lol! You can’t possibly comment because and I cannot stress this enough, YOU HAVENT PLAYED THE PTS!

You have literally no idea how the game is playing on there now. You commenting from a position of complete ignorance.

I don't need to play the pts to see that my heavy armor magblade hasn't really changed at all. My light armor magblade will be alot different but my heavy armor magblade is for the most part unchanged. It's still going to work next patch. I haven't spoken on light armor because I have no idea how it will work on live, and neither does anyone else because the pts doesn't represent the live server. We won't know how good light armor magblade is until the patch is live.
    Heavy armor is good though and it has always been good and you don't need Cloak. the combination of crippling grasp, shadow image, and destro staff completely shuts down melee builds right now and that won't change next patch.

I would like to visit your magical max-speed-free, full-momentum-free wonderland.

This is no secret and the main reason why magblade is the strongest 1v1 class and has been that way since Morrowind basically. A melee character should have a difficult time dealing with you especially if they aren't using a gap closer which most don't anymore.
    Edited by thankyourat on October 15, 2018 11:34PM
  • ixie
    ixie
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @HEBREWHAMMERRR I am curious if your magicka build will take full advantage of the enchantment changes
    PC EU

Ixie - Breton Nightblade
    Paints-With-Frogs - Argonian Nightblade
    Swee Troll - Crafter Dragonknight
  • HEBREWHAMMERRR
    HEBREWHAMMERRR
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ixie wrote: »
    @HEBREWHAMMERRR I am curious if your magicka build will take full advantage of the enchantment changes

Not really sure what ya mean? I don’t do anything fancy, triune on big pieces, max mag the rest, full spell dmg on jewelry and max mag. I do have some ideas though for jewelry enchants and what not and some good ideas around them I’ll try eventually when I get bored.
  • ixie
    ixie
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Oh sorry I meant the weapon enchant changes
    PC EU

Ixie - Breton Nightblade
    Paints-With-Frogs - Argonian Nightblade
    Swee Troll - Crafter Dragonknight
  • Nyladreas
    Nyladreas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    @HEBREWHAMMERRR , its the fact that people use a controler, the pvp enviroment is much slower, less precise. A lot of people are really bad with the controllers. I mean... they might be good, really good players, but compared to the pace of PC it's a HUGE difference. It makes a ton of difference especially when facing stamina users.

I don't even use any PVP addons. Most of good players dont use them, dont rely on them. The only addons we ever use are QOL addons for bags/trading/maps/quick info. Not stuff that tells you how to play as people falsely assume.

I'm not doubting your skill. I'm pretty sure you're a good player. You just simply have no idea what PC is like compared to a console. Go play on the PTS, make your build (you get all gear/pots/food/geodes etc etc instantly so it takes a couple minutes) try it out and then make an argument.

I can't stress this enough. I'm not saying console players are worse, it just works so much differently. I played ESO on console myself, i know what i'm talking about. The *** stam players and even mag players can pull off on PC is near impossible to replicate on a console.

Do you know what I mean? Have you actually seen really good stam players on PC? How they move, position, react, use terrain, and how well they actually stick to you? How quick can a good stamina player on PC be and make you miss your every attack? That sort of thing.

There are builds on consoles that would never work on PC. That's all I'm trying to say.
    Edited by Nyladreas on October 16, 2018 12:09AM
  • HEBREWHAMMERRR
    HEBREWHAMMERRR
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @HEBREWHAMMERRR , its the fact that people use a controler, the pvp enviroment is much slower, less precise. A lot of people are really bad with the controllers. I mean... they might be good, really good players, but compared to the pace of PC it's a HUGE difference. It makes a ton of difference especially when facing stamina users.

I don't even use any PVP addons. Most of good players dont use them, dont rely on them. The only addons we ever use are QOL addons for bags/trading/maps/quick info. Not stuff that tells you how to play as people falsely assume.

I'm not doubting your skill. I'm pretty sure you're a good player. You just simply have no idea what PC is like compared to a console. Go play on the PTS, make your build (you get all gear/pots/food/geodes etc etc instantly so it takes a couple minutes) try it out and then make an argument.

I can't stress this enough. I'm not saying console players are worse, it just works so much differently. I played ESO on console myself, i know what i'm talking about. The *** stam players and even mag players can pull off on PC is near impossible to replicate on a console.

Do you know what I mean? Have you actually seen really good stam players on PC? How they move, position, react, use terrain, and how well they actually stick to you? How quick can a good stamina player on PC be and make you miss your every attack? That sort of thing.

There are builds on consoles that would never work on PC. That's all I'm trying to say.

No..don’t really know what you’re saying. Good players are good players. They have a grasp for the game and know how to play. I’ve played WoW and was a gladiator in multiple formats. I know how pc MMOs work but there’s much more that goes in to that game than ESO, especially with how watered down the PvP is in this game now. The fact you’re saying that there is build diversity compared to PC and Console is actually mind blowing lol.
  • ccfeeling
    ccfeeling
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Alcast showed in latest PTS ( With Orb )
    Stambalde hits 61k
    Stamden hits 60k

Btw it's too late , PTS progress is about to end .

What I wanna say , please stop the endless NB nerfing .
    You won't see successful NB Healer and Tank in the coming future .

Combat team , check your big data before nerfing , be smart .
  • kaithuzar
    kaithuzar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ok...one last time..
    Maybe...hopefully I don’t have to continue this argument after saying this as it’s my opinion.

I’m of the opinion that pc players are “generally” better than console players because..,

1) often times, they have played for longer; pc was out before console

2) pc players have access to addons which reveal numbers & potentially calculations for damage or mitigation which console players generally aren’t privy to.

3) I would argue that if you have a computer now a days that doesn’t necessarily make you a nerd but I think I would be right in saying that more nerds play on pc than on console. Generally speaking nerds are good with math & are more likely to obsess over game mechanics rather than “Xbox & chill”.

4) pc players have access to the games api, the api is what the addons use to pull data from the game & display it to the user. If you understand how the api works & understand coding, IMO you have an advantage; idk anyone on console that knows the games api.

5) difference of “metagame”, because I believe players on pc are more hardcore/boarderline autistic, the builds are more cancerous, & the number of “good” players is larger, thus if someone playing on console were to come to pc, they would “have to” change their build to adapt or be satisfied being “less effective” & dying more often; unless of course you’re running the same setup as the pc meta.

After all this I’m going to say there is 0 reason to run heavy armor unless your goal in life is to be a proctard trying to rely on calurions, “maybe” skoria, or be a no damage tank.

You can basically have heavy armor resistances with mixing any of the following:
    Pirate, chudan, lord warden
    This isn’t even mentioning the defense you can get from sets like impreg, pariah, heartland, valiant, etc...

The penetration from 5 light is more damage than you will get out of any magic 5 piece, maybe with spinner as an exception.
    The passives should play to the strengths & unless you’re an Argonian running 100 pts into blessed, healing isn’t your strong point.
    Sure nightblades can tank, but don’t expect to kill a decent player on pc & there are a few more running around these days whether they were bad & got gud or the state of mmo’s is lack luster & players coming back. (Or ZOS just lowered the ceiling again; it happens)

We’re in a “stamina tanks online” meta & it’s only getting worse. You need penetration, especially with the shield changes.
    Killing one or 2 people who are bads, or low cp, or casuals, or killing someone after 20 minutes; these things don’t matter at all. If you aren’t going up against the best, don’t call yourself competitive. If you aren’t min/maxing you aren’t doing it right. So if you’re a casual then pat yourself on the back for your achievement but don’t “claim to be hard” talking about “semieffective-I-really-want-it-to-work” builds & how you did so awesome on console; it just doesn’t make sense.

#Note:
    This post isn’t meant to trigger people although it probably will. The intention is to correct a misunderstanding about who/what is actually effective based on experience.

Signed,
    -SinceBeta
    Member of:
    Fantasia - osh kosh b-josh
    Just Chill - Crown's house
    GoldCloaks - Durruthy test server penga
    Small Meme Guild - Mano's house

Former member of:
    Legend - Siffer fan boy club
    TKO (tamriel knight's order) - free bks
    Deviance - Leonard's senche tiger
    Purple - hamNchz is my hero
    Eight Divines - myrlifax stop playing final fantasy
    WKB (we kill bosses) - turd where you go?
    Arcance Council - Klytz Kommander
    World Boss - Mike & Chewy gone EP
    M12 (majestic twelve) - cult of the loli zerg
  • aeowulf
    aeowulf
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ccfeeling wrote: »
    Alcast showed in latest PTS ( With Orb )
    Stambalde hits 61k
    Stamden hits 60k

Btw it's too late , PTS progress is about to end .

What I wanna say , please stop the endless NB nerfing .
    You won't see successful NB Healer and Tank in the coming future .

Combat team , check your big data before nerfing , be smart .

Completely agree - it should be pretty easy to see how many NB/sorc/templar tanks, DK healers etc queue for vDLC dungeons where roles need to be adhered too. In fact, even just checking any of the tougher Vet dungeons would be the same in that regard. These are the areas where some classes are lacking in some roles, and it's about the only time you have the proof from your stats, not just from feelings or perception on the forums.
  • lucky_dutch
    lucky_dutch
    ✭✭✭✭
    This @HEBREWHAMMERRR joker doesn’t understand the concept of relative balance so there’s no point responding to him.

I will tell you something as a matter of absolute fact though - if you run a Heavy Armor, cloakless Magblade in murkmire, Stam builds are going to absolutely destroy you with bleeds (which are ridiculously OP now that they proc Weapon enchants).
  • ankeor
    ankeor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    kaithuzar wrote: »
    #Note:
    This post isn’t meant to trigger people although it probably will. The intention is to correct a misunderstanding about who/what is actually effective based on experience.

"Calls people autistic. Doesn't mean to trigger anyone."

Yeah, sure.
  • HEBREWHAMMERRR
    HEBREWHAMMERRR
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    kaithuzar wrote: »
    Ok...one last time..
    Maybe...hopefully I don’t have to continue this argument after saying this as it’s my opinion.

I’m of the opinion that pc players are “generally” better than console players because..,

1) often times, they have played for longer; pc was out before console

2) pc players have access to addons which reveal numbers & potentially calculations for damage or mitigation which console players generally aren’t privy to.

3) I would argue that if you have a computer now a days that doesn’t necessarily make you a nerd but I think I would be right in saying that more nerds play on pc than on console. Generally speaking nerds are good with math & are more likely to obsess over game mechanics rather than “Xbox & chill”.

4) pc players have access to the games api, the api is what the addons use to pull data from the game & display it to the user. If you understand how the api works & understand coding, IMO you have an advantage; idk anyone on console that knows the games api.

5) difference of “metagame”, because I believe players on pc are more hardcore/boarderline autistic, the builds are more cancerous, & the number of “good” players is larger, thus if someone playing on console were to come to pc, they would “have to” change their build to adapt or be satisfied being “less effective” & dying more often; unless of course you’re running the same setup as the pc meta.

After all this I’m going to say there is 0 reason to run heavy armor unless your goal in life is to be a proctard trying to rely on calurions, “maybe” skoria, or be a no damage tank.

You can basically have heavy armor resistances with mixing any of the following:
    Pirate, chudan, lord warden
    This isn’t even mentioning the defense you can get from sets like impreg, pariah, heartland, valiant, etc...

The penetration from 5 light is more damage than you will get out of any magic 5 piece, maybe with spinner as an exception.
    The passives should play to the strengths & unless you’re an Argonian running 100 pts into blessed, healing isn’t your strong point.
    Sure nightblades can tank, but don’t expect to kill a decent player on pc & there are a few more running around these days whether they were bad & got gud or the state of mmo’s is lack luster & players coming back. (Or ZOS just lowered the ceiling again; it happens)

We’re in a “stamina tanks online” meta & it’s only getting worse. You need penetration, especially with the shield changes.
    Killing one or 2 people who are bads, or low cp, or casuals, or killing someone after 20 minutes; these things don’t matter at all. If you aren’t going up against the best, don’t call yourself competitive. If you aren’t min/maxing you aren’t doing it right. So if you’re a casual then pat yourself on the back for your achievement but don’t “claim to be hard” talking about “semieffective-I-really-want-it-to-work” builds & how you did so awesome on console; it just doesn’t make sense.

#Note:

Signed,
    -SinceBeta

You’re post contains absolutely no subsrance other than “PC players have been playing longer and have add ons and are generally more nerdy and better with numbers” and has no actual factual basis. I only BG nowadays, cyrodill is a joke and always has been. I assure you, just like day 1 morrowind until current, I will dominate BGs just like I always and next patch will be running heavy armor and no shields. You’re just spewing off about PC being better competition and players and having better access to calculate builds. This started out as me trying to help another magblade and being constantly talked down upon because he can’t adapt to changes. It’s actually hilarious. I’m not the one crying here. I adapted, made a new build, and am ready for murkmire, meanwhile, your PC breathern is the one doing exactly what you defend in your last post? So maybe PC isn’t better attune to theorycrafting but just gets the content almost a month before console? 🤔
    Edited by HEBREWHAMMERRR on October 16, 2018 11:45AM