The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [IN PROGRESS] PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

PTS Update 20 - Feedback Thread for Nightblades

ZOS_GinaBruno
ZOS_GinaBruno
Community Manager
This is the official feedback thread for Nightblades. Please read through all the changes in the patch notes and try them out on the PTS before providing feedback in this thread. Thank you!
Gina Bruno
Senior Community Manager
Dev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter | My Twitter
Staff Post
  • ankeor
    ankeor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Your goal should have been making other classes reach to the point where Nightblades are. But look at what you have done. You did not fix anything by nerfing nightblades. You just ruined another class.
  • Feanor
    Feanor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mark Target
    Piercing Mark (morph): Decreased the duration of the detection effect to 5 seconds from 30 seconds. The duration of the Major Fracture and Breach effects remain unchanged.
    Grim Focus:
    Fully-Charged Heavy Attacks now grant 2 stacks towards the spectral bow proc for this ability and its morphs.

Like the class needed to be even easier to play. But well, seems the goal is to have NBs everywhere. If so, then it’s an awesome patch I guess.
    Main characters: Feanor the Believer - AD Altmer mSorc - AR 46 - Flawless Conqueror (PC EU)Idril Arnanor - AD Altmer mSorc - CP 217 - Stormproof (PC NA)Other characters:
    Necrophilius Killgood - DC Imperial NecromancerFearscales - AD Argonian Templar - Stormproof (healer)Draco Imperialis - AD Imperial DK (tank)Cabed Naearamarth - AD Dunmer mDKValirion Willowthorne - AD Bosmer stamBladeTuruna - AD Altmer magBladeKheled Zaram - AD Redguard stamDKKibil Nala - AD Redguard stamSorc - StormproofYavanna Kémentárí - AD Breton magWardenAzog gro-Ghâsh - EP Orc stamWardenVidar Drakenblød - DC Nord mDKMarquis de Peyrac - DC Breton mSorc - StormproofRawlith Khaj'ra - AD Khajiit stamWardenTu'waccah - AD Redguard Stamplar
    All chars 50 @ CP 1700+. Playing and enjoying PvP with RdK mostly on PC EU.
  • Koolio
    Koolio
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    From last year this time my DW MNB has been hurt every patch.

Lost Minor Vitality
    Lost minor protection
    Buff to Staffs Light attack’s
    Staffs are 2pc
    Infused Enchant (Bug)
    Crit cloak heals (Bug)
    Dw Heavy attack range Nerf
    Lotus Fan snare nerf
    Cripple speed and snare nerf
    Soul harvest dodgeable (Bug)
    Harness cast time
    Inner light empower nerf

These are all the things that have severely hurt my build and playstyle. Just figured you should know.

Good thing I made him a 50k health tank yesterday
  • aeowulf
    aeowulf
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Your tank just lost effective use of tava's with this patch - hope that wasn't one of your sets. Also minor vitality :( not sure of the reasoning for the latter?
    Edited by aeowulf on September 17, 2018 5:30PM
  • Greennik
    Greennik
    Grim Focus:
    Fully-Charged Heavy Attacks now grant 2 stacks towards the spectral bow proc for this ability and its morphs

So does this mean, we can only generate stacks with heavy attacks?
  • Koolio
    Koolio
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    aeowulf wrote: »
    Your tank just lost effective use of tava's with this patch - hope that wasn't one of your sets. Also minor vitality :( not sure of the reasoning for the latter?

It was a PvP tank and I did not. Those were from a PVP DW damage nightblade. Maybe I’m confused on the question
  • mb10
    mb10
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I thought removing the minor vitality from magicka NBs was really harsh.

The class lacks damage shields and burst heals so any sort of healing bonus was imperative.

:/
  • Akimbro
    Akimbro
    ✭✭✭✭
    Greennik wrote: »
    Grim Focus:
    Fully-Charged Heavy Attacks now grant 2 stacks towards the spectral bow proc for this ability and its morphs

So does this mean, we can only generate stacks with heavy attacks?

Light attacks still generate 1 stack, they are just making it so heavy attacks generate 2
    ALACRITY Emperors united RIP
    LAST PRODIGIES World first SO clear RIP

The last egg in the carton.
  • SergeantPink
    SergeantPink
    ✭✭✭
    That piercing mark nerf is a little too strong. 5 seconds is too short.

The ability will need somthing else if it’s reduced to 5 seconds. Surprise attack already gives Major Fracture, so maybe consider giving it minor fracture instead?
  • HappyElephant
    HappyElephant
    ✭✭✭
    General
      Updated the interaction between Roll Dodge and projectiles.
      Fixed an issue where a projectile would always be dodged if the target was Roll Dodging at the moment the projectile was created.
        Projectiles can now only be evaded if the Roll Dodge occurs within one second prior to their impact.

How does this change affect dodge rolling in vMA to avoid the skulls chucked at us by Voriak Solkyn?
        We can see Voriak charge his attack? The same for Archers in vMA who one-shot with Snipe.
        Edited by HappyElephant on September 17, 2018 5:44PM
      • Kanar
        Kanar
        ✭✭✭✭✭
        Nerf shields into the ground (1s cast time...) but leave cloak untouched, well actually they buffed cloak by nerfing Mark and acid spray. Wtf are you thinking zos? Cloak needs nerfing, it is the one that should have 1s cast time.
      • Koronach
        Koronach
        ✭✭✭✭✭
        The change to evasion is kind of stupid, they seriously don't know the definition of Evade/Evasion?
      • Ashtaris
        Ashtaris
        ✭✭✭✭✭
        ✭✭
        Why the 30% cost increase of Assasins Blade and it’s morph? I don’t recall anyone complaining in the forums that this skill was OP’d. It’s really the only decent execute a DW NB really has with the Killers Blade morph unless you want us to Steel Tornado the boss to death :-P. And I noticed there were no developers comments at all for this change. If you are going to do something like this at least reduce the channel/hit time for this skill as it always did seem slow.
        Edited by Ashtaris on September 17, 2018 5:56PM
      • Jhalin
        Jhalin
        ✭✭✭✭✭
        ✭✭✭✭
        I don’t have words for how absolutely terrible this patch is
      • CavalryPK
        CavalryPK
        ✭✭✭✭✭
        I am requesting all the stamblades to go to PTS and do some duels. please let us know how your dodge feels......

I am requesting all the magblades to go to PTS and also do some duels. Please let us know how your sustain and dmg is.

Thanks,
        THE CAVELRY HAS ARRIVED! Cav is a professional magblade, (in his not so professional opinion). He is immortal and is fighting for the Pact since 2E 572, amidst the turmoil of the Second Akaviri Invasion. He protects the provinces of Skyrim, Morrowind and Black Marsh.

Check out his PVP YouTube channel !

https://youtube.com/TheCavalryPK
      • Koronach
        Koronach
        ✭✭✭✭✭
        Ashtaris wrote: »
        Why the 30% cost increase of Assasins Blade and it’s morph? I don’t recall anyone complaining in the forums that this skill was OP’d. It’s really the only decent execute a DW NB really has with the Killers Blade morph unless you want us to Steel Tornado the boss to death :-P. And I noticed there were no developers comments at all for this change. If you are going to do something like this at least reduce the channel/hit time for this skill as it always did seem slow.

I agree, this is also an extremely stupid change.
      • HappyElephant
        HappyElephant
        ✭✭✭
        I wonder how teams will fare in trials like vet Cloudrest after this patch's nerfed magblades. RIP
      • brandonbirg_ESO
        if this patch stays as is all endgame guilds are quiting so rip
      • brandonv516
        brandonv516
        ✭✭✭✭✭
        ✭✭✭
        Assassin’s Blade: Increased the cost of this ability and its morphs by approximately 30%.

Not sure this was necessary. Won't hurt much from a PvP perspective I don't believe.
        Mark Target
        Piercing Mark (morph): Decreased the duration of the detection effect to 5 seconds from 30 seconds. The duration of the Major Fracture and Breach effects remain unchanged.

I was hoping for a change to this (like it would go away if caster is greater than 14m away). I think 10 seconds would have been better.
        Grim Focus:
        Fully-Charged Heavy Attacks now grant 2 stacks towards the spectral bow proc for this ability and its morphs.
        The spectral bow proc is no longer free, and costs half the amount of a regular Grim Focus.

This is a great change. The cost change is fair.
        Path of Darkness: This ability no longer deals damage. It now grants Major Expedition to you and your allies on the path, and for up to 2 seconds after leaving it.
        Twisting Path (morph): This morph now adds damage. The damage value is the same as what is currently on Live.
        Refreshing Path: This morph now adds healing. The healing value is equal to the damage value of Twisting Path.

I don't like that it's choose either damage or heal now. It was nice having Refreshing Path to expose other NBs. The increased healing is not much to get excited about.
        Siphoning Strikes: Fully charged Heavy Attacks now restore twice the amount of Health and resources for this ability and its morphs.

This will be impressive coupled with heavy armor I feel.
        Strife: Reduced the damage done by this ability by half, but it now also heals for 50% of the damage done and can now target you or any ally. The total healing amount remains unchanged.
        Swallow Soul (morph): This morph now doubles the damage, but decreases the heal to 35% of the damage done and can only target you. The passive Minor Vitality effect has been removed.
        Funnel Health: This morph will now always heal you in addition to an ally.

Don't like the removal of Minor Vitality but it's nice to see Funnel Health being worked on.
      • umagon
        umagon
        ✭✭✭✭✭
        Thanks for the tankblade buffs now mirage is valuable and I can replace defensive stance with it seeing that overload spam is non-issue. It’s like wearing bastion of the heartland or leki's focus without having to.
        dxesg2zcrv0w.gif

• LadyNalcarya
        LadyNalcarya
        ✭✭✭✭✭
        ✭✭✭✭✭
        ankeor wrote: »
        Your goal should have been making other classes reach to the point where Nightblades are. But look at what you have done. You did not fix anything by nerfing nightblades. You just ruined another class.

Well said.
        Dro-m'Athra Destroyer | Divayth Fyr's Coadjutor | Voice of Reason

PC/EU
      • colossalvoids
        colossalvoids
        ✭✭✭✭✭
        ✭✭✭✭
        Assassin’s Blade: Increased the cost of this ability and its morphs by approximately 30%.
        Now for stamina nightblades it will be Redguard or go home even more?
        It looks more like a bug fix, actually.
        The spectral bow proc is no longer free, and costs half the amount of a regular Grim Focus.
        And more of Redguard or go home for stamina users. And bye-bye self sustainable rotation for mag ones.
        Siphoning Strikes: Fully charged Heavy Attacks now restore twice the amount of Health and resources for this ability and its morphs.
        More of bug fixes looks like.
        Strife:
        Reduced the damage done by this ability by half, but it now also heals for 50% of the damage done and can now target you or any ally. The total healing amount remains unchanged.

Swallow Soul (morph): This morph now doubles the damage, but decreases the heal to 35% of the damage done and can only target you. The passive Minor Vitality effect has been removed.

Funnel Health: This morph will now always heal you in addition to an ally.
        Quite a change for healers actually. But a nerf for dd's.

All this will affect all my pvp and pve bulds cooped with other changes in Murkmire so i'm not looking forward to it at all.
        Evasion death (and now mostly useless blur, only for tanking now), more sustain dd issues for "non-meta" race users and new shield mechanics will probably kill any interest in some ingame activities.
        Edited by colossalvoids on September 17, 2018 6:21PM
      • Darkmage1337
        Darkmage1337
        ✭✭✭✭✭
        Update 20 / Murkmire PTS Patch changes: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/435633/pts-patch-notes-v4-2-0

Nightblade
        Assassination
        -Mark Target
        Piercing Mark (morph): "Decreased the duration of the detection effect to 5 seconds from 30 seconds. The duration of the Major Fracture and Breach effects remain unchanged."

---

A bit overkill, don't you think? 10 or 15 seconds would have been good enough. 30 seconds was too long, sure, but 5 seconds is way too short. Where is the middle-ground?
        Edited by Darkmage1337 on September 17, 2018 6:38PM
        ESO Platform/Region: PC/NA. ESO ID: @Darkmage1337
        GM of Absolute Virtue. Co-GM of Absolute Vice. 8-time Former Emperor, out of 13 characters. 3 Templars, 3 Sorcerers, 2 Nightblades, 2 Dragonknights, 1 Warden. 1 Necromancer, and 1 Arcanist. The Ebonheart Pact: The Dark-Mage (Former Emperor), The Undying Nightshade, The Moonlit-Knight, The Killionaire (Former Emperor), Swims-Among-Slaughterfish (Former Emperor), The Undead Mage, and The Dark-Warlock. The Aldmeri Dominion: The Dawn-Bringer (Former Empress), The Ironwood Kid (Former Emperor), and The Storm-Sword. The Daggerfall Covenant: The Storm-Shield (Former Empress), The Savage-Beast, and The Burning-Crusader CP: 1,800.
      • Koolio
        Koolio
        ✭✭✭✭✭
        ✭✭
        Nightblade
        Assassination
        -Mark Target

A bit overkill, don't you think? 10 or 15 seconds would have been good enough.

I would be ok with that if it brought the other nightblade out of stealth when casting
      • NyassaV
        NyassaV
        ✭✭✭✭✭
        ✭✭
        You just royally screwed magic nightblade in PvP when it was already lacking
        Flawless Conqueror ~ Grand Overlord
        She/Her ~ PC/NA | I record things for fun and for info
      • NyassaV
        NyassaV
        ✭✭✭✭✭
        ✭✭
        Update 20 / Murkmire PTS Patch changes: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/435633/pts-patch-notes-v4-2-0

Nightblade
        Assassination
        -Mark Target
        Piercing Mark (morph): "Decreased the duration of the detection effect to 5 seconds from 30 seconds. The duration of the Major Fracture and Breach effects remain unchanged."

---

A bit overkill, don't you think? 10 or 15 seconds would have been good enough. 30 seconds was too long, sure, but 5 seconds is way too short. Where is the middle-ground?

No, 5 seconds is plenty, just recast if you really have too. I'm so tired of being zerged over because one chucklehead has mark
      • Koolio
        Koolio
        ✭✭✭✭✭
        ✭✭
        NyassaV wrote: »

My tried and true MNB gank build (No Caluurians) just got buffed a lot
      • ccfeeling
        ccfeeling
        ✭✭✭✭✭
        ✭✭
        You guys huge nerf NB dps and tank.
      • NyassaV
        NyassaV
        ✭✭✭✭✭
        ✭✭
        Koolio wrote: »

Good for you what about the 5 other play styles?
      • Koolio
        Koolio
        ✭✭✭✭✭
        ✭✭
        Koolio wrote: »

Good for you what about the 5 other play styles?

They only want 1 playstyle for PvP MNB. Destro Resto Necro. Maybe they are changing that now but for the past year this is what the pushed.

Luckily I just made mine a 50k health tank because that’s the other playstyle THEY like