Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

PTS Update 20 - Feedback Thread for Dragonknights

• StShoot
    StShoot
    ✭✭✭✭
    So- did ZOS change the damage from Razor shot to ignore resistances... but not actually cause a bleed effect? Does that now mean that we can reflect the Razor Shot at the opponent and they'll take the full damage from it..?

Nah, im sure it will be more like the sload and the warden bird and will just go through your reflect.... beacause zos likes to **** DK
  • FloppyTouch
    FloppyTouch
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Let be honest dk mains gave up I feel for my stam brothers I really do it's just sad right now. The sorc and nbs are way to loud to hear our issues.
  • John_Falstaff
    John_Falstaff
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I suppose at this point all DK mains need is a class change token...
  • Xvorg
    Xvorg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Why do DKs always get ZoS nerf rage?

Just give us some class change tokens and spread all the skill among the other classes. I'm quite sure Sorcs would be more than happy with a shock lash, Templars would be quite happy with petrify, NBs would be dancing on the streets with wings, and Wardens would get what they wanted with major sorc and major brut on "frozen" weapons.

The class is just pointless, kill DK and you will have all what you wanted: every class doing everything they want. No need for dedicated tanks. No need to keep on suffering, patch after patch, the shame you give to us.

poor-dog-kill-me-meme.jpg
    Sarcasm is something too serious to be taken lightly

I was born with the wrong sign
    In the wrong house
    With the wrong ascendancy
    I took the wrong road
    That led to the wrong tendencies
    I was in the wrong place at the wrong time
    For the wrong reason and the wrong rhyme
    On the wrong day of the wrong week
    Used the wrong method with the wrong technique
  • SilverPaws
    SilverPaws
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's amazing how they managed to kill with this patch stam dk's. It's sad that this amazing game is in hands of ZoS.
  • EliteWarrior
    EliteWarrior
    ✭✭✭
    I've had my main as a StamDK for a year now, from my first day of playing. I love it it's great. but it's not OP at anything, I know that sounds silly but most stam/mag classes have something really going for them, while StamDK does not. Glad to see nothing got ruined or anything with the upcoming patch, that would've ended StamDK. Hopefully a patch soon will give us a buff of some sort, because we deserve it lol
    PC | EU
    Main: Stam DK
  • jcm2606
    jcm2606
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    To put it short, this is how I feel about DK this entire PTS:

aa0.png
  • OrphanHelgen
    OrphanHelgen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    jcm2606 wrote: »

aa0.png

Keep bringing memes. They listen to memes they said in the class rep meeting notes.
    PC, EU server, Ebonheart Pact

Finally a reason not to play League of Legends
  • Onefrkncrzypope
    Onefrkncrzypope
    ✭✭✭✭✭

aa0.png

Keep bringing memes. They listen to memes they said in the class rep meeting notes.

I mean they listened to sorcs
    -Immortal Redeemer-
    -Extinguisher of Flames-
    -Gryphon Heart-
    -Potato-

If I edited a post, it was for spelling. It is always because of spelling....
  • OrphanHelgen
    OrphanHelgen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

aa0.png

Ye they did, and it was a lot of sorc memes posted. They saw the memes and understood the point, they even said it in the class rep meeting notes on sep 25:

The Devs have indicated they are well aware of the feedback, they saw the memes, they know this is a huge change.
    PC, EU server, Ebonheart Pact

Finally a reason not to play League of Legends
  • Onefrkncrzypope
    Onefrkncrzypope
    ✭✭✭✭✭

aa0.png

Ye they did, and it was a lot of sorc memes posted. They saw the memes and understood the point, they even said it in the class rep meeting notes on sep 25:

The Devs have indicated they are well aware of the feedback, they saw the memes, they know this is a huge change.

I meant with the shield nerf the Sorc class was entirely a meme.... But that to lol
    -Immortal Redeemer-
    -Extinguisher of Flames-
    -Gryphon Heart-
    -Potato-

If I edited a post, it was for spelling. It is always because of spelling....
  • TrinityBreaker
    TrinityBreaker
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    rhveacwlrzvs.jpg
    How my DK(s) feel every patch.
    Edited by TrinityBreaker on October 9, 2018 3:38PM
    Ebonheart for life.
    Xbox NA
    I am Dog Star.

Khajiit Stam Sorc - Ji'saad Ranajiradh AR 30
    Khajiit Mag DK - Kesjhad
    Khajiit Magblade - Ji'sava Ak'nir
    Fat Khajiit Stamplar - Dro'haniAk'nir - AR 36
    Khajiit Stam Dk - Diego Ri'jhad - AR 49
    Khajiit Magplar - Dro'nara Ak'nir
    Khajiit StamBlade - Ri'artharr Ak'nir
    Fat Khajiit Stamden - Dro'hani Warbreaker
    Argonian Stam DK - Tiberius Demetros
    Khajiit Stamplar - Diëgo Ri'jhad
    Fat Khajiit Stam DK - Drö'hani Ak'nir/Dances-With-Alkosh
    Khajiit Magden - Arctic Mayhem

• TrinityBreaker
    TrinityBreaker
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    My recurring nightmare.

duyzxqnkx36f.jpg
    Ebonheart for life.
    Xbox NA
    I am Dog Star.

Khajiit Stam Sorc - Ji'saad Ranajiradh AR 30
    Khajiit Mag DK - Kesjhad
    Khajiit Magblade - Ji'sava Ak'nir
    Fat Khajiit Stamplar - Dro'haniAk'nir - AR 36
    Khajiit Stam Dk - Diego Ri'jhad - AR 49
    Khajiit Magplar - Dro'nara Ak'nir
    Khajiit StamBlade - Ri'artharr Ak'nir
    Fat Khajiit Stamden - Dro'hani Warbreaker
    Argonian Stam DK - Tiberius Demetros
    Khajiit Stamplar - Diëgo Ri'jhad
    Fat Khajiit Stam DK - Drö'hani Ak'nir/Dances-With-Alkosh
    Khajiit Magden - Arctic Mayhem

• Xvorg
    Xvorg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I've had my main as a StamDK for a year now, from my first day of playing. I love it it's great. but it's not OP at anything, I know that sounds silly but most stam/mag classes have something really going for them, while StamDK does not. Glad to see nothing got ruined or anything with the upcoming patch, that would've ended StamDK. Hopefully a patch soon will give us a buff of some sort, because we deserve it lol

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/439990/pvp-zos-why-do-you-hate-dks-so-much-the-ninja-nerfs-of-murkmire#latest

nothing? You got wrecked in your ulti
    Sarcasm is something too serious to be taken lightly

I was born with the wrong sign
    In the wrong house
    With the wrong ascendancy
    I took the wrong road
    That led to the wrong tendencies
    I was in the wrong place at the wrong time
    For the wrong reason and the wrong rhyme
    On the wrong day of the wrong week
    Used the wrong method with the wrong technique
  • Ragnarock41
    Ragnarock41
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    casparian wrote: »
    Xvorg wrote: »
    Let's go back to Akavir, maybe chasing snakes, mokeys and tigers is better that playing this crap.
    DK nerfs and NB buffs are actually lore friendly.

Everyone knows that by the time of Skyrim, Akaviri warriors are nowhere to be found and everyone is a sneak archer.

Somehow I feel like wrobel must also a part of that lore.
  • Machete
    Machete
    ✭✭✭
    I seriously believe they put this up here just so they can look like they care. If they listened, things would be better and brighter for this community and game.

There are things in the past DKs have needed to be nerfed on. This? We still suck, and the excuses change was "Make the cheapest DoT in the game and most worthless AoE DoT in the game even cheaper. Oh, and add 2 meters on it." Yay... 7 meters...

This game is getting too frustrating to wait around for...

Lemon-Party

Monarch Wintervine, Stamina DK, AD
    Eiress Wintervine, Stamina Warden, AD
    Aelireed Auntumnvine, Stamina Necromancer, AD
    Sierena Hlaalu, Stamina Templar, AD
    Blou Springwillow, Stamina Sorc, AD
    Taliana Silverthorn, Stamina NB, AD
    Monarch Wíntervine, Stamina DK, EP
    Lily Hlaalu, Stamina NB, EP
    Tankito Fondlini, DK Tank, EP
    Evaii Spellborn, Magicka DK, AD
    Thellion Evaire, Magicka Warden, AD
    Weylenn Aenwee, Magicka Templar, AD
    Valianna Syn, Magicka Sorc, AD
    Aranyus Highren, Magicka NB, AD
  • Suryoyo
    Suryoyo
    ✭✭✭
    Dear @ZOS_Wrobel ,

Here are the concerns I have gathered while reading the recent posts of dragonkight players regarding this latest patch notes:

Flame lash range nerf from 8 to 7 meter: Why such a nerf of 1 meter ? what's the reasoning behind this 1 meter nerf ? too much range ?

Power lash: You put a cost to put it in par with similar abilities of other classes such as you said Crystal Fragment, okay, but Crystal Fragment has a 28m range and got its damaged buffed in PTS patch notes 4.2.2 and as of PTS patch notes 4.2.3, still nothing for power lash. It now has a cost, less range: it is way more efficient now to slot destro skills as at least they have more range, spell resistance mitigation, some additional effects with trial weapons and give magicka back when killing an enemy (overall less cost).

=> It's like you're pushing magicka DK to play range. Instead, you should implement some incentive to play and reward melee playstile: Increasing the damage of direct abilities when we're <= 8 meters from our opponents or increase the chance (10/15%) to lend a critical strike when we're close to our opponent, these are just some suggestions...

Overall, increasing our range is contrary to the spirit of what a dragonknight should be, the elder dragon passive rework is not welcomed/useless because why more range for burning embers for example when flame lash range has been nerfed ? No one asked for such passive.

Obsidian shield: it got adjusted because of your overall shield nerf like other shield, but Sorc shields got many "rework" from a cast time to no cast time and 40% health cap and then to 50% health cap, why no adjustment for Obsidian shield and its morphs ? We see the same pattern: Sorcs (and other class) can get some concessions and you "appease" them, but for DK, nothing, we're just left behind, you just implement things and do not even bother to comment.

Some other topics that we thought would have been addressed:

Flame of Oblivion is from some testing still an AOE (we got left behind once again), so it'll no more get the 3% damage increase from world in ruin if you ever fix it.

Battle roar and sustain overall: Right now, we just time our ulti to get back some ressources and this indicate to our opponents that we're pretty much dying... We can't time our ultimate to finish off our opponents and thus can't stand our ground because overall we can't sustain and can"t do damage properly especially with minor/major evasion reducing the damage of our aoe abilities (leap, ash cloud (useless buff in that case), engulfing flames...), how are we supposed to even be decisive in a fight next patch ? Battle roar nerf must be reverted or rework because right now it is a cry for help too few ressources restored...

Also, still with the idea or rewarding melee play style, you could implement passives like reducing the cost of direct damage abilities when we're <= 8 meters from our opponents, or just based on our health, the less health and less cost...

Snares (hello burning talons) will also be less efficient with the light armour and medium armour rework this makes some passive like warmth just "meh", I just don't have the words to describe it...

With SummerSet, you wanted every class to play every role, why no execute for DK then ?

Thanks in advance,

Regards,

Edited by Suryoyo on October 9, 2018 10:02PM
  • IZZEFlameLash
    IZZEFlameLash
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Suryoyo wrote: »
    Dear @ZOS_Wrobel ,

Here are the concerns I have gathered while reading the recent posts of dragonkight players regarding this latest patch notes:

Flame lash range nerf from 8 to 7 meter: Why such a nerf of 1 meter ? what's the reasoning behind this 1 meter nerf ? too much range ?

Power lash: You put a cost to put it in par with similar abilities of other classes such as you said Crystal Fragment, okay, but Crystal Fragment has a 28m range and got its damaged buffed in PTS patch notes 4.2.2 and as of PTS patch notes 4.2.3, still nothing for power lash. It now has a cost, less range: it is way more efficient now to slot destro skills as at least they have more range, spell resistance mitigation, some additional effects with trial weapons and give magicka back when killing an enemy (overall less cost).

=> It's like you're pushing magicka DK to play range. Instead, you should implement some incentive to play and reward melee playstile: Increasing the damage of direct abilities when we're <= 8 meters from our opponents or increase the chance (10/15%) to lend a critical strike when we're close to our opponent, these are just some suggestions...

Overall, increasing our range is contrary to the spirit of what a dragonknight should be, the elder dragon passive rework is not welcomed/useless because why more range for burning embers for example when flame lash range has been nerfed ? No one asked for such passive.

Obsidian shield: it got adjusted because of your overall shield nerf like other shield, but Sorc shields got many "rework" from a cast time to no cast time and 40% health cap and then to 50% health cap, why no adjustment for Obsidian shield and its morphs ? We see the same pattern: Sorcs (and other class) can get some concessions and you "appease" them, but for DK, nothing, we're just left behind, you just implement things and do not even bother to comment.

Some other topics that we thought would have been addressed:

Flame of Oblivion is from some testing still an AOE (we got left behind once again), so it'll no more get the 3% damage increase from world in ruin if you ever fix it.

Battle roar and sustain overall: Right now, we just time our ulti to get back some ressources and this indicate to our opponents that we're pretty much dying... We can't time our ultimate to finish off our opponents and thus can't stand our ground because overall we can't sustain and can"t do damage properly especially with minor/major evasion reducing the damage of our aoe abilities (leap, ash cloud (useless buff in that case), engulfing flames...), how are we supposed to even be decisive in a fight next patch ? Battle roar nerf must be reverted or rework because right now it is a cry for help too few ressources restored...

Also, still with the idea or rewarding melee play style, you could implement passives like reducing the cost of direct damage abilities when we're <= 8 meters from our opponents, or just based on our health, the less health and less cost...

Snares (hello burning talons) will also be less efficient with the light armour and medium armour rework this makes some passive like warmth just "meh", I just don't have the words to describe it...

With SummerSet, you wanted every class to play every role, why no execute for DK then ?

Thanks in advance,

Regards,

They just want DKs to reroll into Stamblade it seems. Clearly, everything is fine in their book. DK once again manages a lot of nerf in its nerfed stage. 25% overall AoE nerfs (every one of our ults are AoE like someone pointed out on top of almost all of our skills), sustain nerf in form of Power Lash no longer being free (as if we can indefinitely sustain 8k or more totalling setup now with even less damage against likes of Stamblades using bleeds and defile), unwarranted range nerf to making it difficult to land whips, FoO is still in AoE and etc. What will they nerf next patch? Combustion? Because 500 resource every 5 seconds that isn't even a gurantee is so OP?
    Imperials, the one and true masters of all mortal races of Tamriel
  • ecru
    ecru
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I see they ruined speed pots. ZOS is literally dancing on stamdk's grave at this point.
    Gryphon Heart
    Godslayer
    Dawnbringer
  • coplannb16_ESO
    coplannb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    Id also like Molten Arnaments to be updated. 40% on heavy attacks is bad because heavy attacks were nerfed (and LA buffed) and raw percentage increases are almost always worse than fixed values (thats why Elegance always underperforms in comparison to Undaunted Infiltrator).

it could be changed to a flat increase, like 1500 more damage on LA, 3000 more damage to HA (would make it overall much more useful) or/and get an enhanced benefit like increased HA speed (40% faster heavy attack, would also help with sustain) granting dodge immunity to fully-charged HA could also be a nice new tool in PvP against perma-evading stamblades... especially after the change that HA only returns resources if it hits.
    max level: mDK, stamBlade, stamSorc, magPlar, mDen, stamDen, magBlade, stamCro
    ESO+
    # of mules: 4 (FULL)
    maxed bank: FULL -_-
    Stop the grind! Get rid of stupid events and daily-quest gallore. Get rid of "have a chance of 1 in a million to get a piece of 1 in 30 to get a stupid motif or pet... wtf..."
    And at this point just remove all classes and have everyone choose their set of skills. then balance accordingly to skills always used vs. skills never used.
  • ZoM_Head
    ZoM_Head
    ✭✭✭✭
    As of today, id like to have a class change token.

With over 30K achievements done on my main mDK since day 1 ESO, i feel that the class is not worth the headache, constant nerfs and illogical changes.

Zenimax will never make the mDK even remotely viable or even on par with other classes, not with this direction since update 6.
    Edited by ZoM_Head on October 13, 2018 10:02AM
    mDKs still need a lot of love!
  • Hotdog_23
    Hotdog_23
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    rhveacwlrzvs.jpg
    How my DK(s) feel every patch.

That is just awesome and sad for DK's at the same time.
  • Andele
    Andele
    ✭✭
    Suryoyo wrote: »
    Dear @ZOS_Wrobel ,

Shield being 8/20% of hp is probably due to it being "the" spammable for EH thus restoring stamina and giving brutality (tho drop from 10% to 8% will probably have the side effect of it being a lot less efficient for healers going fragmented further pushing DK tank as choice).

Battle Roar still good, will be even better with hist as counterpart to shalk for non-tank/non-SnB setups.
    Sustain would be great if Combustion passive could be made to proc reliably (maybe chains and breath always applying burn and poison, depending on morph), but EVERYONE is begging for sustain/IMO build thing.

Elder Dragon was to standardize range and its a nice net buff (tho the less hp less cost idea sounds dragon-y/"boss asspull", however not in a Elder Scrolls way).

• Malthorne
    Malthorne
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ZoM_Head wrote: »

With over 30K achievements done on my main mDK since day 1 ESO, i feel that the class is not worth the headache, constant nerfs and illogical changes.

Zenimax will never make the mDK even remotely viable or even on par with other classes, not with this direction since update 6.

Unfortunately, changing classes is the best choice you can make for yourself if you are going to continue to play ESO.

ZOS does not care about the viability of a non-tank DK. A community rep is on record saying that DK is the “tank” class and the combat lead is happy with DK DPS having more heavy attacks in their DPS rotation just to sustain. /shrug

Edited by Malthorne on October 13, 2018 10:37PM
  • IZZEFlameLash
    IZZEFlameLash
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Malthorne wrote: »

Unfortunately, changing classes is the best choice you can make for yourself if you are going to continue to play ESO.

ZOS does not care about the viability of a non-tank DK. A community rep is on record saying that DK is the “tank” class and the combat lead is happy with DK DPS having more heavy attacks in their DPS rotation just to sustain. /shrug

Yeah, according to ZOS, we are godly class with godly sustain which is everyone but us. Lol.
    Imperials, the one and true masters of all mortal races of Tamriel
  • Juhasow
    Juhasow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    With the upcoming changes to mobility I feel like it's time to address dragonknights. This class having acces to strong snare through passive , 2 strong immobilizes where 1 is also a stun that goes through dodge and block which requires 2 global cooldown and 2x more stamina to deal with , immunity to snares and immobilizes , high tankiness and decent dmg cannot exist in that form after all mobility is nerfed down. Nerfs to DK are more then needed if all mobility is going to be nerfed otherwise class that is (despite "popular" opinion) already strong will become dominant especially in non CP enviroment.

Edited by Juhasow on October 15, 2018 9:09AM
  • FloppyTouch
    FloppyTouch
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Juhasow wrote: »
    With the upcoming changes to mobility I feel like it's time to address dragonknights. This class having acces to strong snare through passive , 2 strong immobilizes where 1 is also a stun that goes through dodge and block which requires 2 global cooldown and 2x more stamina to deal with , immunity to snares and immobilizes , high tankiness and decent dmg cannot exist in that form after all mobility is nerfed down. Nerfs to DK are more then needed if all mobility is going to be nerfed otherwise class that is (despite "popular" opinion) already strong will become dominant especially in non CP enviroment.

Lol
  • jcm2606
    jcm2606
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

e8a.gif
  • StShoot
    StShoot
    ✭✭✭✭

Not sure if you are trolling :D but yeah regarding the snare passive, i would love if the take that away from dk and give us a cost reduction passive o:):*

• ZoM_Head
    ZoM_Head
    ✭✭✭✭
    Malthorne wrote: »

However, if you look closely at other classes, practically any class can tank very well now.

But regardless, my mDK is just dead now and i just wish i can change the class instead of re-grinding all those achievements.
    Edited by ZoM_Head on October 15, 2018 10:02AM
    mDKs still need a lot of love!