Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

PTS Update 20 - Feedback Thread for Cyrodiil Changes

ZOS_GinaBruno
ZOS_GinaBruno
Community Manager
This is the official feedback thread for the changes in Cyrodiil including destructible Bridges & Milegates, updated Keep Postern houses, and new Outposts. Specific feedback that the team is looking for includes the following:
  • Bridges and Milegates
    • Did you get stuck in any of the Bridges or Milegates when they were damaged or repaired? If so, please include a screenshot if possible.
    • Did you have a battle at the Bridge or Milegates now they are destroyable?
    • Did you fight around Lunar Fang Docks?
    • Did you fight through any of the tunnels connecting Daggerfall to Aldmeri or Ebonheart?
    • At any time, did you feel it was necessary to repair or destroy the Milegates or Bridges?
  • Keep Postern Houses
    • Do you prefer the new postern platform or the old postern House?
    • Did you setup any weaponry on the postern platform?
    • Did you assault a Keep wall section that was protected by the Postern Platform?
    • Do you like the new mechanic where the postern upgrade shields the wall it’s built on?
  • New Outposts
    • Did you port to any of the new Outposts or towns?
    • Did you battle over any of the new Outposts?
    • Were you able to capture Cropsford solo or did you need allies?
  • Do you have any other general feedback?
Gina Bruno
Senior Community Manager
Dev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter | My Twitter
Staff Post
  • Neoauspex
    Neoauspex
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Somebody post a screenshot of the new Cyro map for us console plebs please?
  • Cuthceol
    Cuthceol
    ✭✭✭
    Keep walls now have 410,000 HP when upgraded instead of 305,000 HP.

so no more 700K HP keep walls then or do we get those as well still?
  • ZOS_BrianWheeler
    ZOS_BrianWheeler
    PvP & Combat Lead
    The 700k walls were a bug, so they will be gone.
    Wheeler
    ESO PVP Lead & Combat Lead
    Staff Post
  • umagon
    umagon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Neoauspex wrote: »

xp7173x6sz4a.png

Edit: The alt paths when the bridges/gates are out.
    zfiihp22dnvb.png
    rc4bo4rtdwbd.png
    q5r3p7ltli48.png

Edited by umagon on September 17, 2018 9:55PM
  • Cuthceol
    Cuthceol
    ✭✭✭
    The 700k walls were a bug, so they will be gone.

lol unlike all the other bugs that are still in cyrodiil you mean ;)
  • Neoauspex
    Neoauspex
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    umagon wrote: »
    Neoauspex wrote: »

xp7173x6sz4a.png

Thanks @umagon . So there's still two towns behind Yellow's emp keeps, there's now 2 outposts behind the Red emp keeps, but Blue just has one and it's pretty much right next to Brindle?
  • Varana
    Varana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    What does that exclamation point mean?
  • gepe87
    gepe87
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    EP has a disvantage in new map. AD and DC have a outpost near enemy bases and EP has a town. Some balance here.
    Gepe, Dunmer MagSorc Pact Grand Overlord | Gaepe, Bosmer MagSorc Dominion General

If you see edits on my replies: typos. English isn't my main language
  • Enodoc
    Enodoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Varana wrote: »
    What does that exclamation point mean?
    The central gate is destroyed, but the scaffold ladders up the wall are still there, meaning you can go one way but not the other at that milegate; destroying the scaffold, and therefore blocking the gate completely, is an additional step.

I'm not sure if that's really a good idea, as overall, that would be imbalanced - you can go from EP to DC, and DC to AD like this, but not from AD to EP because there is no equivalent one-way feature for the bridges.

gepe87 wrote: »
    EP has a disvantage in new map. AD and DC have a outpost near enemy bases and EP has a town. Some balance here.
    Advantages and disadvantages should be more balanced now - the new AD outpost and the new DC outpost balance Cropsford, while the new EP outpost balances Vlastarus and Bruma.

Also, why have two bridges and one gate been renamed? Anyone who coordinates by name may get confused, particularly now that Niben Bridge is the middle one rather than the bottom one.
    Edited by Enodoc on September 17, 2018 11:01PM
    UESP: The Unofficial Elder Scrolls Pages - A collaborative source for all knowledge on the Elder Scrolls series since 1995
    Join us on Discord - discord.gg/uesp
  • ZOS_BrianWheeler
    ZOS_BrianWheeler
    PvP & Combat Lead
    Known issue that came up: Respawning at the new Outposts will spawn you under the world. This will be corrected in the next PTS.
    Wheeler
    Staff Post
  • Skander
    Skander
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    How about making Cropsford an Outpost/Town. Becouse now EP it's lacking an outpost
    I meme, but my memes are so truthful they hurt
    -Elder Nightblades Online
    Want competitive pvp while being outnumbered? Tough luck, the devs clearly said you have to die in those situations
  • ZOS_BrianWheeler
    ZOS_BrianWheeler
    PvP & Combat Lead
    EP is not lacking in an Outpost as they have Harlun's and Sejanus just as Aldmeri has Nikel and Carmala, and how Daggerfall has Bleaker's and Winter's Reach.
    Edited by ZOS_BrianWheeler on September 18, 2018 1:40AM
    Wheeler
    Staff Post
  • ArchMikem
    ArchMikem
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm interested in what these alternative paths look like up close. (they're probably Destro Ball Groups wet dreams I'm sure)
    CP1,900+ Master Explorer - AvA One Star General - Console Peasant - The Clan
    Quest Objective: OMG Go Talk To That Kitty!
  • JamieAubrey
    JamieAubrey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Having spent 4+ years in Cyro, this is freaking me out
    Also there is no space to get back up once you are under the bridge, you get slaughtered so this will be interesting since you can't go under and across to flank from behind

It will get some use to but I expect Alessia Bridge to be cut off 24/7 and small groups waiting at the new ways across

DnV9RvKXoAAvS1f.jpg:large
  • Grouf
    Grouf
    ✭✭✭
    The problem is the placement of the new EP outpost.

AD's new outpost is south of the westernmost gates, providing faster access to those gates.

DC's new outpost is west of the northernmost gates, providing faster access to those gates.

EP's new outpost is north of Drake, which is nowhere near any of the bridges, and does NOT provide faster access to those bridges (or anything).

EP's fast access transit point to the southernmost bridges is a town (which does NOT requires enemies to setup siege equipment to flag to make fast-travel impossible and has NO defensive positions to help repel attackers).

To make the new map fair to all alliance you either need to turn Cropsford into an Outpost and Harlun into a town OR you need to make Carmala and Winter's Reach towns and turn Vlastarus and Bruma into Outposts.
  • Darkmage1337
    Darkmage1337
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Grouf wrote: »
    The problem is the placement of the new EP outpost.

AD's new outpost is south of the westernmost gates, providing faster access to those gates.

DC's new outpost is west of the northernmost gates, providing faster access to those gates.

EP's new outpost is north of Drake, which is nowhere near any of the bridges, and does NOT provide faster access to those bridges (or anything).

EP's fast access transit point to the southernmost bridges is a town (which does NOT requires enemies to setup siege equipment to flag to make fast-travel impossible and has NO defensive positions to help repel attackers).

To make the new map fair to all alliance you either need to turn Cropsford into an Outpost and Harlun into a town OR you need to make Carmala and Winter's Reach towns and turn Vlastarus and Bruma into Outposts.

Yeah, I agree, and I made a thread about this issue over two weeks ago. @ZOS_BrianWheeler decided to ignore it.

Please review:
    https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/433513/upcoming-new-and-imbalanced-cyrodiil-map-changes-update-20-murkmire/p1

unknown.png

TL;DR version: AD & DC both get 2 Outposts to guard their respective 3 Mile-Gates whereas EP only gets 1 Outpost to guard its respective 'Gates' (the 3 Bridges).

Also: Outposts function far differently than Towns, so no one can say 'oh, but EP gets Cropsford so it's fair.' No. It isn't. You can solo-flip/capture Cropsford with 1 player, no siege required. Outposts actually require siege. And effort.
    AD has Vlastrus and DC has Bruma. Cropsford has always been in EP territory, Cropsford is to the east/right of the Niben River/3-Bridges... Just like Bruma is to the west/left of DC's 3 Mile-Gates. And Vlastrus is below/south of AD's 3 Mile-Gates.

Anyway, solution: make Cropsford a non-captureable Town (just like Chorrol, Cheydinhal, and Bravil are currently), and put EP's new Outpost somewhere near Cropsford and make Cheydinhal into EP's capture-able Town.
    Then the Cyrodiil map would be re-balanced and evened out.
    Cropsford and Vlastrus are too close together compared to Bruma. The towns' distance would be more balanced and equi-distant if it were Bruma > Cheydinhal > Vlastrus and not Bruma > Cropsford > Vlastrus.

Please rethink this design. @ZOS_BrianWheeler
    Again, feel free to read-up: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/433513/upcoming-new-and-imbalanced-cyrodiil-map-changes-update-20-murkmire/p1
    ESO Platform/Region: PC/NA. ESO ID: @Darkmage1337
    GM of Absolute Virtue. Co-GM of Absolute Vice. 8-time Former Emperor, out of 13 characters. 3 Templars, 3 Sorcerers, 2 Nightblades, 2 Dragonknights, 1 Warden. 1 Necromancer, and 1 Arcanist. The Ebonheart Pact: The Dark-Mage (Former Emperor), The Undying Nightshade, The Moonlit-Knight, The Killionaire (Former Emperor), Swims-Among-Slaughterfish (Former Emperor), The Undead Mage, and The Dark-Warlock. The Aldmeri Dominion: The Dawn-Bringer (Former Empress), The Ironwood Kid (Former Emperor), and The Storm-Sword. The Daggerfall Covenant: The Storm-Shield (Former Empress), The Savage-Beast, and The Burning-Crusader CP: 1,800.
  • umagon
    umagon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ArchMikem wrote: »
    I'm interested in what these alternative paths look like up close. (they're probably Destro Ball Groups wet dreams I'm sure)

Taken from west side of the map dc side:
    ifv2neg0omxq.png

Inside of the cave/mine:
    jr38vrob589f.png

Taken from west side of the map ad's side:
    2d27veqrq3il.png

Southeast bridge ad's side:
    4rolnoo9k03q.png

Southeast bridge ep's side:
    aumym1i7bw8d.png

Northeast dc side:
    6qvv3frhxhcy.png

Inside of the cave/mine:
    8r58yv6ndhsk.png

Northeast ep side:
    c6gxayiwjg7x.png

I don't know it could go both ways; for some ball groups it could be a death trap. Camps aren't easily placed while siege can be in some exit locations.
  • joaaocaampos
    joaaocaampos
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    EP is not lacking in an Outpost as they have Harlun's and Sejanus just as Aldmeri has Nikel and Carmala, and how Daggerfall has Bleaker's and Winter's Reach.

@ZOS_BrianWheeler It's the position.

What needs to be changed:
    • Turn Cropsford into an Outpost and Harlun into a Town.
    • Move Bruma to the left.
  • Didgerion
    Didgerion
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    NO-CP pvp campaign is not enabled.

I'm not going to test CP campaign as the balance there is totally broken.
  • Joy_Division
    Joy_Division
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't want a symmetrical map and as an EP, I don't have a problem with how the territory is configured.

If after 3 months of campaign, it becomes clear that it is indeed unfair, then I will admit I was mistaken, but I want to play this out before automatically assuming it's busted. I'm still not sure why people are automatically thinking blue will siege that yellow outpost before Brindle when all that does it alert AD to their intentions. It can get skipped and isolated, and thus easily backcapped. We should see how it plays out.
    Edited by Joy_Division on September 18, 2018 5:55AM
  • Ackwalan
    Ackwalan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Correct (kind of) EP is not lacking an Outpost. It is just that the new Outpost is oddly positioned compared to the Outpost that AD and DC were placed.
  • RaddlemanNumber7
    RaddlemanNumber7
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Alessia Bridge is fallen down(for the first time) :)

Going...
    e1ytqIy.jpg

Going...
    PW4jTnm.jpg

Hey, lady. Don't stand there...
    xJ6oWBJ.jpg

Oops...
    vZ652kL.jpg

Gone...
    ExSfPWw.jpg

PC EU
  • RaddlemanNumber7
    RaddlemanNumber7
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Bridge repairs. Done with a single character, starting from completely demolished.

The bridge was passable after using 13 repair kits in about 1 minute.
    The bridge was completely repaired using 49 repair kits in about 4 minutes.

There is no indication on the campaign map that the bridge is being repaired until the moment it changes from being down to being passable.

So, a demolished bridge is not an obstacle unless it is being actively defended.

Edit:
    The centre sections of Mile Gates are the same numbers. A single character can make the completely demolished centre section of a mile gate passable in 1 minute.
    Edited by RaddlemanNumber7 on September 18, 2018 9:41AM
    PC EU
  • RaddlemanNumber7
    RaddlemanNumber7
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Postern platforms

patch notes say
    Reworked the postern house to be a platform more conducive to siege deployment. This platform also shields the Keep Wall it’s built upon from taking damage until it’s destroyed.

This doesn't seem to be what's happening. You can shoot the wall beneath an intact postern platform and the wall does take damage. Didn't have time to knock the wall down to zero health, so not sure what happens to the wall and postern platform when that happens.

jtoRWoo.jpg

Placing siege on postern platform. If you place a ballista right up against the little wall on the outer edge of a platform the field is fire is blocked in about a 180 degree arc.

Edit: Went back later and shot the wall beneath the postern some more. The postern platform remained at 240K the whole time. When I reduced the wall to about 135K, causing the second collapse, the entire postern platform collapsed too. This seems to be the same behaviour as we have with posterns on live.
    Edited by RaddlemanNumber7 on September 18, 2018 9:45PM
    PC EU
  • RaddlemanNumber7
    RaddlemanNumber7
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Tried to respawn at Harluns Outpost after death. My character reappeared some way away from the outpost...

RnnE8Ih.jpg
    PC EU
  • Tommy_The_Gun
    Tommy_The_Gun
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is true - the number of outpost is the same. The problem is (as many people already pointed out) their placement.
    oDp7O4a.jpg
    Aldmeri Dominion has: Nikel and Carmala: both being furthest extended front - line defence points, facing Daggerfall Covenant near milegate.

Daggerfall Covenan has: Bleaker's and Winter's Reach both being furthest extended front - line defence points, facing Ebonheart Pact near milegate.

Ebonheart Pact has: Harlun's and Sejanus - only one of them (Sejanus) is furthest extended front - line defence point - facing Aldmeri Dominion. The other furthest extended front - line is Cropsford Town, while new outpost (Harlun's) is in the middle of nowhere.

This leads us to the major problem that is the topic of this feedback:
    • Were you able to capture Cropsford solo or did you need allies?
    • Do you have any other general feedback?
    Exactly. I was able to capture Cropsford Town solo with no help.
    Now look - I am not a pro player, not even good at PvP. Average at best. Yet I was able to tag & take a front - line defence point. If I was not alone but in like a group of 3 - 5 people - I would took it much faster.

If that was an outpost I would have serious problem and I would not be able to take it solo.

The point is - this simply makes the new Ebonheart Pact Harlun's outpost - almost useless & obsolete. The only use for EP for this outpost is + 1 point for the scoreboard. There is ZERO tactical use. If this is going to be an "Ebonheart Pact" outpost - then at lest make it useful for EP. In current state it is more useful for AD or even DC small scale. If you play as EP, and your faction has Drakelowe Keep... why would you sit in Harlun's outpost ? 90% of the time it will be empty just waiting to be taken.

Two Solutions that I can suggest to make map balance better:
    1. Best solution: Place new Harlun's outpost where Cropsford Town is and move Cropsford where the Harlun's outpost is supposed to be.
    Yes, I know it will take a lot of time & work to do. To move a town with quest NPC to a different area - but in the end - once you do it - the map balance will be much better. And look what good opportunity you have. You can "edit" Cropsofrd and make it totally destroyed with only 1 - 2 houses left as a smoking ruin - and in the place where players respawn point is - you can place a new Harlun's outpost - and add some lore books about a Great Battle between EP & AD that destroyed the city and the one who won build a new Outpost - but after some time it was retaken and rebuild slightly etc - so you can have some Aldmeri Dominion & Ebonheart Pact architectural motifs mixed.
    2. Fast solution: Change Harlun's outpost Transitus Shrine Connection.
    Currently it is connected to Drakelowe Keep - which makes it almost useless if Drakelowe Keep is Under Siege as you can not port there (to Harlun's outpost) & from there go to Drakelowe Keep to help with the defence. Simply put: Connect Harlun's outpost to Farragut Keep instead.
    Oh and one thing that I just realized. When you reinforced Cropsford defences you also made a daily Cyrodiil quest (capture 3 towns) much more difficult for solo players.
    Edited by Tommy_The_Gun on September 18, 2018 11:54AM
  • NBrookus
    NBrookus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    The new outposts look more interesting than the old ones. All 3 have NPCs and randoms structures nearby to play with/on.

On the towns, the large spawn buildings seem out of character. Also, I am not sure why there are NPCs at the transitus. While one town was under attack, I went inside the spawn and got the silence buff/debuff. The town flipped and so did the NPCs, but the mage guards couldn't attack me nor I them.

Transiting to towns is going to be convenient, but I still am concerned that tightening the borders between factions reinforces the zerg meta. LAG is the #1 problem in Cyrodiil and zergs cause the whole map to lag out. With the borders tightened, it reduces the ability for solo/duo/small groups to go deep into territory and cause distractions. Compacting the population into choke points will be fun for ball groups farming those spots, but I feel it will increase lag.

Alessia Bridge rocks are now very dangerous. There are very limited "walkways" below the main ground level on the rocks but a tiny slip and you will die. I need to go back and check the goat paths/caves/Lunar Docks; I forgot about them.

For those on console or without PTS; expect no great cinematography but these are the outposts. I think you can make it on top of the scaffolds at Caramala but I didn't figure it out. Maybe with streak?

Winter's Reach:
    https://youtu.be/d81Vkq7NeUs

Caramala:
    https://youtu.be/JSHxa_YMQwQ

Harlun:
    https://youtu.be/dqsQiJzG8KQ

• Carbonised
    Carbonised
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I agree regarding Harlun's. While the two other outposts have strategic value, both as a gathering point to assault the enemy, or as a line of defense into your territory, the Harlun's outpost is too far away from enemy lines to be of any use. Literally the only use for it is for the enemy to occupy it and launch easy attacks into EP's home keeps, which makes it much more of a liability for EP, than any advantage. Whereas the other 2 outposts can serve AD and DC with great respawn points to launch an attack on the enemy, while posing no threat to them if they do fall into enemy hands.

@ZOS_BrianWheeler I'm sorry but this is a do-over, it's not really fair to place 2 out of 3 outposts with such advantages while placing the 3rd one where it will almost certainly only be a liability. AD is going to hold that outpost constantly, to launch easy and fast attacks on the 3 EP keeps from behind. I assume exchanging places with Harlun's and Cropsford is not an option, due to all the quests in Crops, the only viable solution is to move Harlun's close to Cropsford, near the delve and the dark anchor on the map.
  • Thraben
    Thraben
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    1. The COMBAT BUG ist still there. I had to RUN from Arrius to the new EP outpost because I couldn´t mount my horse.
    Either permit people to mount in combat or fix this bug.

2. The new outposts are well and better designed than the old ones. Lots of good fighting opportunities. Please add more walls and palisades, especially when there are gates standing in the area without any connection to a wall system, and consequently without purpose.

3. The goat paths between DC and the rest are brutal chokepoints where organized guilds like mine will lurk to destroy everything in their path (if I´m still playing then, that is ... I´m a sorc main) for hours, preferably with a scroll.
    In order to reduce the frustration of other players, some auto- repair mechanic should be implemented for Gates and Bridges.

Maybe a caravan moving from one keep to the Bridge Gate? And a quest like "protect/destroy the caravan"?
    Hauptmann der Dolche des Königs

DDK ist die letzte Verteidigungslinie des Dolchsturz- Bündnisses auf der 30-Tage-No-CP- Kampagne(EU) mit dem Anspruch, in kleinen, anfängerfreundlichen Raid-Gruppen möglichst epische Schlachten auszufechten.

DDK is the Daggerfall Covenant´s last line of defense on the 30 days no-cp campaign (EU). We intend to fight epic battles in small, casual player friendly raid groups.
  • anadandy
    anadandy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Posted in wrong thread - moved it.
    Edited by anadandy on September 18, 2018 3:29PM