The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
The PTS is now offline for the patch 10.0.1 maintenance and is currently unavailable.
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/657287/pts-incremental-patch-maintenance-extended-april-22-2024

PTS Update 20 - Feedback Thread for Cyrodiil Changes

• Komma
    Komma
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The bridge repair time is way too fast and takes some effort to bring them down. Maybe change it to take longer to repair and show on the map when it is being repaired.
    Kohma Kozzy-cr160-Stamblade
    Komma-cr160-Magicblade
    Komma the Great-cr160-Stam DK
    Kommah-cr160-Mag DK
    Komma Kozzy-cr160-Mag Templar
    Kommuh Kozzy-cr160-Stam Templar
    Komma the White-cr160-Mag Sorc
    The Tazmanian Devil-cr160-Stamsorc
    OTG
  • Enodoc
    Enodoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    turlisley wrote: »
    Enodoc wrote: »
    turlisley wrote: »
    It makes sense that Cheydinhal should be a capture-able Town. Cropsford is open-field farmland and has a goblin infestation. Whoopdeedoo! We'd all prefer to have Cheydinhal over Cropsford. Did you even ever consider this? Like, did you even review the Cyrodiil map/physical-placement-of-objectives at all, beforehand?
    I think Cheydinhal was considered too close to one of the EP Gate Keeps (i.e., Farragut) to be a contender initially for an AvA objective. The same goes for Chorrol being too close to Rayles. Of the five towns, the three that were chosen to be capturable were the three that were nearest to each alliance's Outer Keeps.
    6 towns.
    Bruma, Cropsford, and Vlastrus are the 3 current capture-able Towns.
    Bravil, Chorrol, and Cheydinhal are the 3 current non-capture-able Towns. You could also include Hackdirt as another non-capture-able Town, between Fort Rayles and Castle Brindle. Hackdirt is about the same size, if not bigger, than Cropsford.
    Bravil, Chorrol, and Cheydinhal are each near a faction's Scroll-Gate -- Cheydinhal being the furthest away and Bravil being the closest.
    You can't really count Bravil, since it's not accessible and never has been. Hackdirt is a good one, but I'm not sure it's valid since it's hostile and not a quest hub. Although if we're including things that are hostile and/or not quest hubs, then we could also add Weye, the Abbey of the Eight, the Temple of the Ancestor Moths, or any of the other estates and minor settlements.
    UESP: The Unofficial Elder Scrolls Pages - A collaborative source for all knowledge on the Elder Scrolls series since 1995
    Join us on Discord - discord.gg/uesp
  • Zer0oo
    Zer0oo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So can i prevent bridges from repairing if i keep siege them?

So i could win a campaign: take all scrolls, destroy all bridges+gates, keep one "bot" siege them so no one can cross it. Kill all pvp but an easy win?
    Ice Furnace: This item set now grants Spell Damage, rather than Weapon Damage for the 4 piece bonus
    - Update 23
  • RaddlemanNumber7
    RaddlemanNumber7
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Zer0oo wrote: »
    So can i prevent bridges from repairing if i keep siege them?

So i could win a campaign: take all scrolls, destroy all bridges+gates, keep one "bot" siege them so no one can cross it. Kill all pvp but an easy win?

You forgot the goat caves and goat bridge. And possible slaughterfish glitching.
    PC EU
  • Bergzorn
    Bergzorn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Max keep wall HP has been increased to 410k.

I'm not on the PTS, maybe someone can check if the base HP was also increased or the upgrade mechanic was changed.

If not, keeps will upgrade from 200k HP to 410k HP in one step, this will put all walls below 50%.
    no CP PvP PC/EU

EP Zergborn
    DC Zerg Beacon

guild master, raid leader, janitor, and only member of Zergbored
  • ZOS_BrianWheeler
    ZOS_BrianWheeler
    PvP & Combat Lead
    Base health is 305,000 in this update.
    Wheeler
    ESO PVP Lead & Combat Lead
    Staff Post
  • tim99
    tim99
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    are the 2 DC-books fixed, which are only in the not-for others-accessible wayshrine-base?
    :D
  • Kanar
    Kanar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Last night I did some testing in cyrodiil. I needed some ravager items so decided to go capture vlastrus (I'm EP and vivec was dominated by blue, but vlastrus was still yellow).

I used transitus to Cropsford, it worked fine.

I died to slaughterfish in Niben, and respawned in Crops. It worked fine. The new building in crops is really ugly, isn't it a ramshackle wood structure on live? It's now a pristine white marble tower that just looks so out of place in the farming village of crops.

I made my way to vlastrus and proceeded to capture flags, by the time I was done with the third, the first one had flipped back to yellow. I recaptured the first one and then the middle one changed. No human players were on the flag...seems like the NPCs were taking the flags for AD? After a bit of this I just gave up with the conclusion that towns can't be solo captured anymore. Is this intended?
  • ZOS_BrianWheeler
    ZOS_BrianWheeler
    PvP & Combat Lead
    Cropsford is intended to be more difficult to capture with this update. The other two towns still have 1 flag that is un-defended however.
    Wheeler
    ESO PVP Lead & Combat Lead
    Staff Post
  • Enkil
    Enkil
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cropsford is intended to be more difficult to capture with this update. The other two towns still have 1 flag that is un-defended however.

Aloha Wheeler :)

Thanks for some much-needed updates to Cyro. We are all grateful and many are excited for some new locations to fight on the map.

We are curious if you all have had internal discussions about placing the new EP outpost near the Cropsford region and get that it would take more work to make a different town capturable, but maybe at least place the new outpost in a more strategic border spot? Even if it was in the far south it would make for a more balanced placement than deep in home territory (the middle of nowhere) as is on PTS now... Is this alternative under consideration at least?

Edited by Enkil on September 25, 2018 10:03PM
  • Universe
    Universe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Thank you for the information :)

I can understand why you don't respond to general requests for more features/more content for cyrodiil in this update specific feedback discussion.
    Though I have also suggested to implement a campaign alliance lock(account based per campaign), but I have yet to receive an answer.
    It will be appreciated if you will consider implementing such a lock in Update 20 Murkmire.
    I believe such a lock will only benefit the Alliance War gameplay.
    Some videos I recorded for fun: Main character:
    PC EU main: Universe - AD magicka Sorcerer, Former Emperor, Grand Overlord, The Merciless, Trial Bosses Solo Champion
    Top alts: Genius(stamina/sagicka Dragonknight) The Force(stamina Nightblade) and other chars.
    PC NA main: The Magic - AD magicka Sorcerer
    Started playing ESO in beta & early access
    User_ID: Daedric_Prince
  • Strider__Roshin
    Strider__Roshin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Are the tunnels marked on the map?
  • Strider__Roshin
    Strider__Roshin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Nevermind I found it.
  • Enodoc
    Enodoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    QoL request:
    Now that the Town safehouses are part of the Transitus Network, could you move the icon for the town to indicate where the safehouse is? In Cropsford, for example, it would be useful to know which of the numerous buildings the Shrine is in if you are trying to make a quick exit. (It would also mean the flag icons don't overlap the town icons on the compass).

c89pioq1o2en.png

UESP: The Unofficial Elder Scrolls Pages - A collaborative source for all knowledge on the Elder Scrolls series since 1995
    Join us on Discord - discord.gg/uesp
  • Gnozo
    Gnozo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_BrianWheeler while i enjoy that milegates and Bridges Can now be destroyed i was on pts to check how Alessia Bridge now looks like and discussed the changes with my pvp mates.

First of all, i want to point out that Alessia Bridge is always really nice for us. We play DC Side and since normally Sejanus is Red and Alessia Yellow there was always action at the Bridge and we, a Group of 4-5 Blues, were always in the middle baiting the zergs, kiting, killing and everything. Constant outnumbered action. Really nice.

With the recent changes to the terrain around the Bridge we came to the conclusion that this isnt possible anymore. A lot of obsticles got removed so you cant break Los anymore. You cant drop a level down to the stones to recover. The smal holes under the Bridge on each side were a nice hiding spot and used a lot for LOS and tactical ambushes etc. Now they are Flat, no obsticles anymore, just Flat terrain.

Can you maybe add some more kiting possibilities? Make the terrain more uneven, add some obsticles, give us some gaps where numbers dont matter this much (300, ftw) , give us some options to drop down to the water and be able to climp up again. Water still remains unpassible but recent changes just killed action for outnumbered gameplay on bridge due to no options for proper LOS. Every zerg can chase you with their full strength and you have no real chances to even the odds by making smart use of the terrain.
  • Aldul
    Aldul
    ✭✭✭
    game breaking news for AD: Bridge Fight Def Tick farming! :blush:

No, seriously, sorry for being too lazy to look it up: Are there going to be defensive ticks for this?
    Edited by Aldul on October 1, 2018 8:19AM
    - - PVP -only, sorc-only - AD Veteran - -
    - CULTURES Social Guild (EU) -
  • Aldul
    Aldul
    ✭✭✭
    Enkil wrote: »

Thanks for some much-needed updates to Cyro. We are all grateful and many are excited for some new locations to fight on the map.

Agree 1000x !!!! It's amazing. This might be the best patch (now, that the - excuse me - stupid idea of shieldcasttimes has been reconsidered) since Imperial City! Finally, PVP gets some of the much needed love! Thanks, @ZOS !! Thanks! I'll head to the PTS as soon as it's up again.
    - - PVP -only, sorc-only - AD Veteran - -
    - CULTURES Social Guild (EU) -
  • biminirwb17_ESO
    biminirwb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Gnozo wrote: »
    @ZOS_BrianWheeler while i enjoy that milegates and Bridges Can now be destroyed i was on pts to check how Alessia Bridge now looks like and discussed the changes with my pvp mates.

First of all, i want to point out that Alessia Bridge is always really nice for us. We play DC Side and since normally Sejanus is Red and Alessia Yellow there was always action at the Bridge and we, a Group of 4-5 Blues, were always in the middle baiting the zergs, kiting, killing and everything. Constant outnumbered action. Really nice.

With the recent changes to the terrain around the Bridge we came to the conclusion that this isnt possible anymore. A lot of obsticles got removed so you cant break Los anymore. You cant drop a level down to the stones to recover. The smal holes under the Bridge on each side were a nice hiding spot and used a lot for LOS and tactical ambushes etc. Now they are Flat, no obsticles anymore, just Flat terrain.

Can you maybe add some more kiting possibilities? Make the terrain more uneven, add some obsticles, give us some gaps where numbers dont matter this much (300, ftw) , give us some options to drop down to the water and be able to climp up again. Water still remains unpassible but recent changes just killed action for outnumbered gameplay on bridge due to no options for proper LOS. Every zerg can chase you with their full strength and you have no real chances to even the odds by making smart use of the terrain.

Or maybe you can find somewhere else to farm new players?
  • Gnozo
    Gnozo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Aldul wrote: »
    game breaking news for AD: Bridge Fight Def Tick farming! :blush:

No, seriously, sorry for being too lazy to look it up: Are there going to be defensive ticks for this?

No def ticks for Bridge and als no AP for repairing it.
    Gnozo wrote: »

Or maybe you can find somewhere else to farm new players?

Its not farming new players. Its the constant action you get there. No need to run around cyro for 30 minutes to get decent fights.
  • biminirwb17_ESO
    biminirwb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    "Its not farming new players."

Sorry but it is, if I go across the river its using one of the 2 other bridges. A raid group will not want to advertise. The majority of AD at Alessia Bridge are new players with slow mounts who don't want to play horse sim 2.0

You have rocks outside of Nikel, that's a DC favourite.

• Gnozo
    Gnozo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    "Its not farming new players."

Sorry but it is, if I go across the river its using one of the 2 other bridges. A raid group will not want to advertise. The majority of AD at Alessia Bridge are new players with slow mounts who don't want to play horse sim 2.0

You have rocks outside of Nikel, that's a DC favourite.

If you ever fought there you are facing normal zergs with max cp players and high pvp rank. We dont attack low level players who we can outrun while they are mounted, thats is considered a *** move and not fun at all.

Told you, its the constant outnumbered action that made alessia bridge so attractive and the possibilities to kite, create ambushes in smal gabs where their numbers dont matter this much. This is gone now and its sad.

Everything is flat terrain now without any details.
  • smee_z
    smee_z
    ✭✭✭
    Hello @ZOS_BrianWheeler

Just had an idea that came to mind with regards to how to further make players value the resources around the keep. The mechanic on live at the moment is not enough.

Here's my suggestion:

When resources around the keep are taken by the enemy such as,

1. Farm - The siege merchant goes AWOL
    2. Lumber Mill - Doors cannot be repaired
    3. Mine - Walls cannot be repaired

So for a keep to recover from a failed siege by the enemy, with doors and walls shot down and siege merchant murdered, the 3 keep resources has to be taken back for repairs to be possible again and available repair resources needed bought from the siege merchant.

This will surely make the 3 keep resources tied tightly with the keep.
    PC NA

Games are meant to be played.

Back in Auriel's Bow 1.0, I have thought that the best way to handicap a faction with the HUGE pop advantage is to temporarily disable their grouping functionality and their ability to fight in 3rd person point of view! Let's see if these do not even up the odds.
  • Nicko_Lps
    Nicko_Lps
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The 700k walls were a bug, so they will be gone.

How about the combat bug that remains for an hour or so the last 6 months and i have to use balance and then jump + kill myself to fix it?

How about the sprint bug that i keep sprinting without me holding down shift and end up dead by 50 zerglings?

How about the server performance that its historically to its worst state ever?

How about the bug that when i enter a delve in cyro i stick to an eternal loading screen?

How about the random loading screens that i get in snowy DC or EP areas?

How about nightblades that gapclosing to a keep when someone is entering the keep through a door? But hey, dragon leap inside a keep was fixed right?

Those bugs are not worthy of fixing i guess?
  • Bergzorn
    Bergzorn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm really interested how the map changes will work out.

I'm getting sick and tired of the population imbalances during the off-hours. This is not really ZOS' fault, but very little has been done to discourage this behaviour. The same holds for faction stacking, where the already dominating faction throws their bodies wave after wave at a single objective, eventually flooding it.
    I don't mind getting zerged now and then. The few successful outnumbered defenses feel very rewarding. But overall and most of the time, it's just to much mindless zergshit.

Fun fact: We lost all our gate keeps while I wrote this. Not that it matters much, we had no scrolls anyways. It's like this nearly every afternoon.

Another thing: I recently adapted my build to the incomming Murkmire changes and had to give up on rapids because the lack of bar space. I almost forgot about what an incredible pain in the ass it is to ride across the large Cyrodiil map to an objective just to get zerged with no real chance of achieving anything.
    You could tell me to L2P and chose my fights better, but how do I do that with so many people sneaking around invisible right in front of me and in bright daylight?

TLDR; playing this game feels more and more like an unrewarding chore.

I'm not here to make any suggestions, this is the game designers' task. But I wouldn't mind if you can take this rant as constructive feedback. I'd rather turn my back on this game later than sooner. Now excuse me please, I have to leech some juicy low-pop bonus amplified offense ticks.
    Edited by Bergzorn on October 13, 2018 4:28PM
    no CP PvP PC/EU

EP Zergborn
    DC Zerg Beacon

guild master, raid leader, janitor, and only member of Zergbored