The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

PTS Update 20 - Feedback Thread for Itemization & New Item Sets

ZOS_GinaBruno
ZOS_GinaBruno
Community Manager
This is the official feedback thread for itemization in Murkmire and the new item sets. Specific feedback that the team is looking for includes the following:
  • Did you feel you got appropriate items while fighting enemies throughout Murkmire?
  • Which of the new item sets did you try out, and what did you think of them?
  • Did anything you received feel under or over-powered?
  • Would you include any of the new item sets in any of your current builds?
  • Do you have any other general feedback?
Gina Bruno
Senior Community Manager
Dev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter | My Twitter
Staff Post
  • Aliyavana
    Aliyavana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Blackrose 2h should do damage to all enemies around the target, not two. Dizzying/wrecking blows the most counterable skill In the game and deserves to be rewarded for landing it, especially in this speed meta. Dizzying swing can be countered by walking through the user, bashing the user, ccing the user, and outrunning the user.
    Edited by Aliyavana on September 21, 2018 11:01PM
  • Neoauspex
    Neoauspex
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So are perfected versions of other trial weapons gonna get a 1pc bonus?
  • Lord_Eomer
    Lord_Eomer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Neoauspex wrote: »
    So are perfected versions of other trial weapons gonna get a 1pc bonus?

This is lame that they left other Arena weapons weaker due to 1 piece bonus!
  • Kanar
    Kanar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I didn't see the note about vMA, Master's and AS weapons 1pc bonus.
  • John_Falstaff
    John_Falstaff
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    So-o, just as before, vMA weapons aside from bow and inferno are left without update. Makes sense. New DLCs must sell. Spice must flow.
  • Koolio
    Koolio
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Soldier of Anguish may already needs looking into
  • Avran_Sylt
    Avran_Sylt
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wild Impulse. The damage is cool, the way it applies itself is kinda Meh. 1 tick per 3 seconds doesn't seem very wild at all. Maybe 1 tick per second, cycling through the elements? (damage reduced per tick of course)

I would include it (as it is currently), but only during areas of a Trial where there are many large mobs, or in Domination/Crazy King matches of BGs.
    Edited by Avran_Sylt on September 17, 2018 6:55PM
  • olsborg
    olsborg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just one tought rly, since you keep making magicka and stamina counterparts/similarities.

Where is the stamina Lich set? :dizzy:

PC EU
    PvP only
  • Avran_Sylt
    Avran_Sylt
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    2H Blackrose only does 50% of the Mitigated damage to 2 nearby targets. Meaning it's reduced by the primary targets resistances, then by the secondary targets resistances. Net result in always less than 50% Tooltip Damage being applied to nearby enemies.

Is this the intention? Perhaps it should be reworded to: "[x] Deals 50% of the damage inflicted upon the primary target, to two other targets"
    I will likely never slot this in any scenario.
    Edited by Avran_Sylt on September 17, 2018 6:55PM
  • dagonbeer
    dagonbeer
    ✭✭✭
    olsborg wrote: »
    Just one tought rly, since you keep making magicka and stamina counterparts/similarities.

https://elderscrollsonline.wiki.fextralife.com/Trappings+of+Invigoration+Set
  • olsborg
    olsborg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    dagonbeer wrote: »

Thats not the lich set, thats the warlock set @dragonbeer

PC EU
    PvP only
  • Gnortranermara
    Gnortranermara
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Overall great changes this patch. The new sets look awesome. Here's another worth considering:

The Powerful Assault set needs an update to carve out a viable playstyle for stamina-based healers. (Think Warden Ranger/Medic healing.) As a combat medic IRL, the DPS/healer playstyle is my favorite way to enjoy the game and empowering stam healers would create a new way to play.

First: Powerful Assault currently gives a unique buff that isn't part of the Major/Minor system. This buff could easily be restyled as Minor Courage to bring it into conformity with the buff system and set the stage for placing that buff on other sets in the future.

Second: the buff only applies to 4 people. This is a relatively weak buff, so there is no reason not to extend it to yourself and up to 11 group members. This would allow trials teams to run one magicka healer (with Olorime) and one stamina healer (with Powerful Assault) to get both buffs.

Third: since Minor Courage is weaker than Major Courage, consider adding another 5 pc bonus, such as Stamina Recovery or something to help out those stam healers.
    Edited by Gnortranermara on September 17, 2018 7:14PM
  • Kolzki
    Kolzki
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    “Spell Strategist (Light)
    2: Max Magicka
    3: Spell Damage
    4: Spell Damage
    5: When you deal damage with a Light Attack, you place a mark over your target for 5 seconds, granting you 500 Spell Damage against your marked target. This effect can occur every 4 seconds.”

Wow, either I’m missing something or there has to be a typo in there somewhere. That’s crazy strong.
  • skyhawk002
    skyhawk002
    ✭✭✭
    Do any of the blackrose arena weapon sets look appealing to anyone? I can't tell.
  • WrathOfInnos
    WrathOfInnos
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

It’s waiting with the Magicka VO and Relequen sets.
  • NBrookus
    NBrookus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

It’s waiting with the Magicka VO and Relequen sets.

And magicka Fury. Indomitable Fury had me excited until I read the 5 piece. :'(
  • notyuu
    notyuu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    The lack of invisible staff skin and/or a magic melee weapon is a huge letdown to say the least of it, come on zos...give magic users more than just a bloody stick when it comes to a weapon
  • CP5
    CP5
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I really don't get why champion of the hist has to be so similar to shalk exoskeleton, both providing the exact same 5p with only slight changes to the 2-4. On a tank the max health and spell crit can help, and the spell damage somewhat helps with self healing, but the hist set is just stamina twice and weapon damage which most tanks can't make a whole lot of use out of. I would rather see something like shalk get the spell damage swapped to max stam, and perhaps have the new set offer something a bit more unique.

Still waiting on pts to download so i can test the ability altering weapons.
  • Lord_Eomer
    Lord_Eomer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    CP5 wrote: »
    I really don't get why champion of the hist has to be so similar to shalk exoskeleton, both providing the exact same 5p with only slight changes to the 2-4. On a tank the max health and spell crit can help, and the spell damage somewhat helps with self healing, but the hist set is just stamina twice and weapon damage which most tanks can't make a whole lot of use out of. I would rather see something like shalk get the spell damage swapped to max stam, and perhaps have the new set offer something a bit more unique.

Still waiting on pts to download so i can test the ability altering weapons.

Shalk set is completly waste on tank, 2 and 4 piece bonus can be swap with max magicka and spell damage.

This may be useful for magplar in pvp or pve healers!
  • Chilly-McFreeze
    Chilly-McFreeze
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Kolzki wrote: »
    5: When you deal damage with a Light Attack, you place a mark over your target for 5 seconds, granting you 500 Spell Damage against your marked target. This effect can occur every 4 seconds.”

Wow, either I’m missing something or there has to be a typo in there somewhere. That’s crazy strong.

Right. "This is massive" was my first thought. But then I remembered Fury, 7th and Ravagers.
  • Feric51
    Feric51
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Kolzki wrote: »

It's single target damage only. I'm sure it will get nerfed because of PvP QQing. PvE it would be nice for burning down bosses, but will have very little benefit to trash mobs, pulls, etc.
    Feric51
    Xbox NA

Darkness Falls: The Crusade survivor (you young kids will never know the struggle of text-based games)

• MartiniDaniels
    MartiniDaniels
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's not not only about new sets, but what's about old sets which provide shields (they got tremendous buff)?

And such new and original set like Nocturnal's favor it literally goes to trash now and this was 9 trait-set - so it's no easy to get it, you should pay to crafter, so it's clear that it should be changed and buffed to compensate loss for those few who used it.
  • casparian
    casparian
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Avran_Sylt wrote: »
    2H Blackrose only does 50% of the Mitigated damage to 2 nearby targets. Meaning it's reduced by the primary targets resistances, then by the secondary targets resistances. Net result in always less than 50% Tooltip Damage being applied to nearby enemies.

Is this the intention? Perhaps it should be reworded to: "[x] Deals 50% of the damage inflicted upon the primary target, to two other targets"
    I will likely never slot this in any scenario.

Interestingly, that's not how Reverse Slice (which otherwise has a very similar mechanic) works. Its splash damage is not double-mitigated (it's unaffected by target resistances). Presumably the two should be standardized.
    7-day PVP campaign regular 2016-2019, Flawless Conqueror. MagDK/stamplar/stamwarden/mageblade. Requiem, Legend, Knights of Daggerfall. Currently retired from the wars; waiting on performance improvements.
  • dagonbeer
    dagonbeer
    ✭✭✭
    dagonbeer wrote: »

Thats not the lich set, thats the warlock set @dragonbeer

Doh, you're right, now I realize why that set never looked that appealing.
  • eso_nya
    eso_nya
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have other general feedback:

Why is none of the arena/mini trial special ice staffs a tank weapon?
  • John_Falstaff
    John_Falstaff
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    By the way, @eso_nya is right. I got yet another sword + shield from Maelstrom recently, and I'm still wondering how in heavens that stuff can be useful for a tank. Or are some niche builds in PvP using it? I wouldn't know. Are any special weapons useful for tanking at all?
    Edited by John_Falstaff on September 17, 2018 9:07PM
  • Bowser
    Bowser
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    By the way, @eso_nya is right. I got yet another sword + shield from Maelstrom recently, and I'm still wondering how in heavens that stuff can be useful for a tank. Or are some niche builds in PvP using it? I wouldn't know. Are any special weapons useful for tanking at all?

The major protection on blade cloak might be useful on specific fights.
    @King-Koopa
    World First DK Tank Execute on Rakkhat HM
    Play how you want - no meta allowed!
  • Wonderboy
    Wonderboy
    ✭✭✭
    eso_nya wrote: »
    I have other general feedback:

Why is none of the arena/mini trial special ice staffs a tank weapon?

I want to second this question/notion.

I've been doing the Ice staff tanking thing for a bit and it is always frustrating to have these things drop be released and really feel like the fact that an Ice staff is functionally different from the other two Destro staves not be respected at all in the bonuses. Ice staves need a different bonus from Fire and Lightning staves that respects the defensive/control role that an Ice staff plays in contrast to the damage dealing role of the other two.

I would be thrilled, simply THRILLED to see this happen.
    Edited by Wonderboy on September 17, 2018 9:15PM
  • TheNightflame
    TheNightflame
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Grave-Stake Collector
    3: Max Stamina
    4: Max Health
    5: Enemies you’ve damaged have a 10% chance to drop a grave-stake for 6 seconds after they’ve died. Touching the grave-stake restores 6500 Stamina and Magicka. Only one grave-stake can appear at a time.

While I love the idea and theme (it reminds me of my suggestion to essence thief from last patch ;) ) this is, literally, less than half as strong at vengeance leach but trades the proc always-going-to-you to it needing-to-be-picked-up (so an extra mechanic solo, but allows it to be used for support, which imo it should be intended for so this extra condition is fine). Ignoring the fact that this is also a 5 piece set instead of a 3 piece (but again, it's niche is support, so fine, solo you should be wearing vengeance leech for this effect instead of this set in every single scenario).

BUT

I really want this set to be viable for support, and outside of add pulls (which are either infrequent during boss fights, or end quickly between bosses, this set will rarely be useful. The proc conditions are way too stringent. VO and vengeance leach are "proc on death" sets that work (VO also has the perpetual 8% cost reduction bonus) but this set has no other bonuses, randomly procs on death with low likelihood, and for the situations where this is useful (long, sustained, fights involving one bulky target) this set will proc way too infrequently (or never) to see use. Maybe if everyone could pick it up it'd be better to replenish people after boss's add phases? idk, I haven't given it too much thought yet, but currently this set is not very useable, but I LOVE the idea of it and WANT it to be a good group resource return support set for preferably healers (I want to wear this)) to wear.
  • John_Falstaff
    John_Falstaff
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Bowser wrote: »
    The major protection on blade cloak might be useful on specific fights.

Mm-m, but how viable it would be to slot DW for a tank? Or back bar it situationally, for a given fight?