The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
In response to the ongoing issue, the North American PC/Mac megaserver is currently unavailable while we perform maintenance.
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8100050/#Comment_8100050

ESO Launcher Crashes on Update 9/04/2018

• Avonna
    Avonna
    ✭✭✭
    Restarted, stuck at 15 % and i have no control over the launcher, can not move it around on the screen , cant close it, just have to wait for it to close itself.

• waigorrun
    waigorrun
    Verizon
  • cbrking
    cbrking
    @ZOS_GinaBruno

Last post before bed for me.

Verizon FiOS here.
  • Gaggin
    Gaggin
    ✭✭✭✭
    Verizon fios here
  • Avonna
    Avonna
    ✭✭✭
    Verizon fios also
  • ZOS_GinaBruno
    ZOS_GinaBruno
    Community Manager
    Hmm, ok, thanks for the info all. We're going to pick this back up first thing in the morning. Appreciate all the info that was given tonight, we'll get this figured out!
    Gina Bruno
    Senior Community Manager
    Dev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter | My Twitter
    Staff Post
  • ChirpingBird
    ChirpingBird
    ✭✭
    Mine is working now, just kept trying and finally it worked. But yes, @ZOS_GinaBruno my ISP is also Verizon Fios
  • Avonna
    Avonna
    ✭✭✭
    Good Night , thanks for trying
  • Gaggin
    Gaggin
    ✭✭✭✭
    Ya it must be late for you thanks anyway.
  • bpbucks268
    bpbucks268
    Soul Shriven
    A few people I know are also having issues. Getting stuck around 9. Shared this link. One of them also has Verizon as an ISP, and the other one may. Interesting.
  • MakeshiftSage
    MakeshiftSage
    Soul Shriven
    I am stuck at 10% then it freezes when it finally crashes and I resume it starts right back up to 10% then freeze. Mediacom here
  • Lilypix
    Lilypix
    Soul Shriven
    Help! Same problem. I have Charter as my internet provider.

I am trying to reinstall the game to see if that works.

I am having the same problem on my Mac.
  • brainstewed1
    Same here on the launcher crashing soooo I have cancelled membership because I cannot see paying for something that is constantly having bugs {even if you can get in the game} I've been a fool to have payed for a sub for this long. member since 2014 but no more gl,everyone
  • eckertt001
    Same problem, SPECTRUM is my ISP. Deleted 'Bethesda.net_Launcher.version' and 'launcher.settings' same problem. So many problems with this game.
  • HiLyfe808
    HiLyfe808
    ✭✭✭✭
    Ever since the little patch this morning after maintenance i too am having issues. I tried everything i have seen here in the forums and nothing.

Uninstalled game completely thinking that might fix it and nope. Freezes at 8% and launcher closes. Never had this problem before and i'm with Spectrum.

It freezes once the verify switches to downloading files and that's when the launcher freezes,

Edited by HiLyfe808 on September 5, 2018 6:45AM
  • eckertt001
    The error in the 'host.developer' log that keeps repeating itself:

09/04/2018 20:33:47 Hostname not found in whitelist (142.129.4.67)
    09/04/2018 20:33:47 Hostname not found in whitelist (142.129.4.67)
    09/04/2018 20:33:47 WebGet Error: (http://142.129.4.67:80/data/07a8ac6f64dc6069/live.patcher.elderscrollsonline.com/products/eso/874DCDCF-C40C-4956-92FE-E39B8DC4764E/depot/depot_248to249/depot_248to249.z01) (142.129.4.67:80) (3:956)
  • LegacyDM
    LegacyDM
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Not working for me either. ISP = Spectrum. Host log file is 480 megabytes. I am not using steam. Tried with and without firewall. The launcher itself freezes upon startup. On Windows 10 and Nvidia GTX 1070 with I7 3770k. 16 gigs of ram. Was working fine last night before the update.

I'm not upset and quite frankly can use a break from the game. I do appreciate the quick turnaround for communication. However, it is astonishing to me how poorly this game operates between the in game bugs, server performance, and now the game itself. With this companies track record on performance call me skeptical in suspecting it's an ISP issue. I've never played a AAA MMORPG that performed so badly since I started playing in early 2000s. This is unsat. @ZOS_MattFiror

Not that ZOS cares, consider my subscription canceled until ZOS can get its act together and fix cyrodil server performance and the game breaking bugs and play ability.
    Edited by LegacyDM on September 5, 2018 6:58AM
    Legacy of Kain
    Vicious Carnage
    ¥ampire Lord of the South
  • eckertt001
    If anyone is interested, I was able to find a work around. You need 2 files you can download by clicking the links below: 'game_player_293to294.z01' and 'depot_248to249.z01'.

http://142.129.4.67:80/data/07a8ac6f64dc6069/live.patcher.elderscrollsonline.com/products/eso/874DCDCF-C40C-4956-92FE-E39B8DC4764E/depot/depot_248to249/depot_248to249.z01

http://142.129.4.67:80/data/05a8797ac260299e/live.patcher.elderscrollsonline.com/products/eso/874DCDCF-C40C-4956-92FE-E39B8DC4764E/game_player/game_player_293to294/game_player_293to294.z01

These files go into separate folders within '\The Elder Scrolls Online\depot' and '\The Elder Scrolls Online\game'. I do not recall what the folders were called, however if you search within 'The Elders Scrolls Online' folder, you should find files with the same name, that Windows identifies as 'Partial Download'.

You will have to kill the Launcher process a couple of times to make sure everything kicks in.
    Edited by eckertt001 on September 5, 2018 6:58AM
  • LegacyDM
    LegacyDM
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    eckertt001 wrote: »
    If anyone is interested, I was able to find a work around. You need 2 files you can download by clicking the links below: 'game_player_293to294.z01' and 'depot_248to249.z01'.

http://142.129.4.67:80/data/07a8ac6f64dc6069/live.patcher.elderscrollsonline.com/products/eso/874DCDCF-C40C-4956-92FE-E39B8DC4764E/depot/depot_248to249/depot_248to249.z01

http://142.129.4.67:80/data/05a8797ac260299e/live.patcher.elderscrollsonline.com/products/eso/874DCDCF-C40C-4956-92FE-E39B8DC4764E/game_player/game_player_293to294/game_player_293to294.z01

These files go into separate folders within '\The Elder Scrolls Online\depot' and '\The Elder Scrolls Online\game'. I do not recall what the folders were called, however if you search within 'The Elders Scrolls Online' folder, you should find files with the same name, that Windows identifies as 'Partial Download'.

that's cool. I guess we need to take matters into our hands to figure out the workarounds. *rolls eyes*
    Legacy of Kain
    Vicious Carnage
    ¥ampire Lord of the South
  • chaz
    chaz
    ✭✭✭✭
    It's been a while since I hacked anything, I have no idea what any of you are talking about.

depot_233to235.z01

What dahelz is that? How do I fix it? Why is yours 248 and mine 235?

Can someone upload these 3 files to media fire so we can drag and drop for the launcher to work? My ISP is Charter Spectrum. But I live in the Hawaiin Islands so it's not like we have any open market for good providers. I also made my own thread, earlier, and I remember this is not the first time I'm threading about it.
    Those in power only have the illusion they are powerful, however in reality, those in power are only so because we allow them to be.

ESO Beta Test Ultimate Question for control!
    Lord Dagon's Mythic Dawn Guild is now recruiting. Dailies, trials, Raids, Fun, Discord (required for staying on Crown), guild bank and so much more. Msg me or mail me in game @Chaz for invite. **See Link Here** ElderScrollsOnlineYouTube

ElderScrollsOnline Purchase History April 17, 2017 through May 30th 2022 (Crowns,Upgrades, ESO Plus) = $5,610.38
  • Gaggin
    Gaggin
    ✭✭✭✭
    So I just was playing Warhammer 2 and launcher was open stuck on 10 percent, but when I closed down my other game after 2ish hours the launcher had magically fixed itself and finished downloading, so I was able to log into the game. Maybe just leave it open to see what happens...
  • HiLyfe808
    HiLyfe808
    ✭✭✭✭
    chaz wrote: »
    It's been a while since I hacked anything, I have no idea what any of you are talking about.

depot_233to235.z01

What dahelz is that? How do I fix it? Why is yours 248 and mine 235?

Can someone upload these 3 files to media fire so we can drag and drop for the launcher to work? My ISP is Charter Spectrum. But I live in the Hawaiin Islands so it's not like we have any open market for good providers. I also made my own thread, earlier, and I remember this is not the first time I'm threading about it.

Honestly Hawaiian it’s I really don’t think it’s our spectrum. Everything was working fine last night for me and since the serves went down last night and the little patch today. Now I can’t download anything.

So much so I went on other mmo games like warframe and wow. Updates no problem this is a problem on their end.

I tried everything since I got off work and that was 5 hours ago. Trying one last time before I stop.
    Edited by HiLyfe808 on September 5, 2018 8:15AM
  • HiLyfe808
    HiLyfe808
    ✭✭✭✭
    Gaggin wrote: »
    So I just was playing Warhammer 2 and launcher was open stuck on 10 percent, but when I closed down my other game after 2ish hours the launcher had magically fixed itself and finished downloading, so I was able to log into the game. Maybe just leave it open to see what happens...

I wish at this point that was the case for me. It goes to 8% freezes and it closes itself. I don’t know what else to do.

• Rhorka
    Rhorka
    ✭✭
    Same issue here. Patcher goes to 9%, RAM usage goes sky high and then it closes. Can't even click on settings to try a repair. Tried redownloading the launcher. That didn't work.
    Edited by Rhorka on September 5, 2018 9:24AM
  • Prainx
    Prainx
    Soul Shriven
    Same issue not White listed error in log. Spectrum in Hawaii as well...
  • ZOS_GinaBruno
    ZOS_GinaBruno
    Community Manager
    Morning everyone, we believe we've pinpointed the issue and are working on getting everything resolved. Will keep you updated.
    Gina Bruno
    Senior Community Manager
    Dev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter | My Twitter
    Staff Post
  • Mykelorcrist
    Mykelorcrist
    Soul Shriven
    Thanks to user cbrking I was able to manually download the needed patch files and place them into the appropriate temporary directory for the launcher to patch. Two things that stood out for me.

1) the files the launcher downloaded were marked as partial although they appeared to be identical to the manually downloaded files.

2) The IP whitelist errors in the log segments posted point to Verizon FIOS and Specrum ISPs. (I am on Verizon FIOS). Seems our two ISPs are often the ones users having problems with patching and logins are using.

Gina indicates they think they have found the cause so others who are not comfortable doing the manual method may be able to update and play soon.

Zenimax may want to figure out why these two ISPs seem to be most often implicated in these issues and work with them on a permanent solution moving forward.
  • chaz
    chaz
    ✭✭✭✭
    Morning everyone, we believe we've pinpointed the issue and are working on getting everything resolved. Will keep you updated.

Good morning, 5am for me now. I hope so Gina. I posted up my issue too but seems it was closed due to this one being used for feed back:

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/5426711/#Comment_5426711
    Those in power only have the illusion they are powerful, however in reality, those in power are only so because we allow them to be.

ESO Beta Test Ultimate Question for control!
    Lord Dagon's Mythic Dawn Guild is now recruiting. Dailies, trials, Raids, Fun, Discord (required for staying on Crown), guild bank and so much more. Msg me or mail me in game @Chaz for invite. **See Link Here** ElderScrollsOnlineYouTube

ElderScrollsOnline Purchase History April 17, 2017 through May 30th 2022 (Crowns,Upgrades, ESO Plus) = $5,610.38
  • Lilypix
    Lilypix
    Soul Shriven
    I posted in this thread. I am also Charter Spectrum in Hawaii.

Launcher still broken, Mac and PC 5:30 am here / 10:30am central
  • MisterAloha
    MisterAloha
    Soul Shriven
    Definitely ISP related.

I am in Hawaii on Spectrum, had the issue.
    Switched to a connection via another ISP* (Hawaiian Tel) and was able to patch, load and claim my dailies.

*(I am fortunate I maintain two ISPs)
This discussion has been closed.