Near immortal tanks - introduced update 19

• Azuramoonstar
    Azuramoonstar
    ✭✭✭✭
    Universe wrote: »
    Universe wrote: »
    Hello,
    Since update 19 I have noticed many occasions in which player tanks in PVP got to near immortal state(PC EU Vivec).
    20+ players were not able to kill a tank, several times even when using siege against him.
    The tank just blocked all damage and used the psijic skill line ability meditate while taking damage.
    The players did interrupt the meditate.
    While meditate is powerful this is not the main issue and something(set/passive ability/other) is bugged/broken.
    It wasn't just one occasion/one player, there were several players exploiting it.

I believe there is a broken set and/or abilities that should be fixed.
    Hist bark used to give 100% dodge chance until ZOS fixed it, maybe now there is other set which provide great boost to tanks.
    If you noticed it too, please report the exploiters to ZOS and if you know what sets and/or broken abilities they were using, report it too.
    No player should be able to hold off 20+ players forever, something is clearly broken.

question...

why use the term "broken" when it best to say "over powered"? I started to see that since playing Overwatch when people think it is over powered they use the term broken.

to me broken would indicate not usable, or under powered.

I meant broken as for not working as intended by the developers.
    It can be called OP, over powered too.

over powered is beter imo, I was asking because back in the old days we called stuff over power if it was. And broken if it was two weak or didn't work.

in most cases stuff being op isn't it being bug (broken) but more the devs didn't scale it well. It happens which is why they change aka nerf it.

anyway ty for the reply. I was just curius. the guy jeff who is an OW dev made a funny comment that ppl use the term broken to mean OP changes its meaning. lol.
    Long time mmo player: 2004-[current year]
    Long time Elder scrolls player: Xbox launch morrowind.
    Follower of the dawn and dusk, keeper of the moon and star.
    Options
  • cinnir
    cinnir
    ✭✭
    JEQ7AXL.png

our build ;)
    @Cinnir PC-EU

MagSorc | Cinnir
    Magplar | Cleansing Ritual
    Magblade | Saebyeolbe
    Stam DK | Heroic Slash
    Stamden | Shimmering Shield

The Flawless Conqueror / Voice of Reason / Dro-m'Athra Destroyer

Options
  • Kel
    Kel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    My favorite pvp tank(ps4 NA)...using a resto staff as well..... :D

https://youtu.be/rKrnyy_ZaGI
    Options
  • killimandrosb16_ESO
    killimandrosb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    cinnir wrote: »
    JEQ7AXL.png

our build ;)

maybe just nerf Heresya?
    Options
  • Lylith
    Lylith
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ak_pvp wrote: »
    It's just a stack health nb build. New cloak, drain meditate, argonian, etc etc

The idea that 20/30 people deserve to kill someone is entitled and zergish. Just ignore as they aren't doing any damage.

while they burn your tent, your siege, etc.
    Options
  • Taleof2Cities
    Taleof2Cities
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    RouDeR wrote: »
    Defile + Penetration and less light attack spamm

I know right?

Is it a geography thing?

If you're on the continent of Europe you don't use defile in CP PvP by default??

Options
  • cinnir
    cinnir
    ✭✭
    RouDeR wrote: »
    Defile + Penetration and less light attack spamm

I know right?

Is it a geography thing?

If you're on the continent of Europe you don't use defile in CP PvP by default??

trust me, they do :wink:
    @Cinnir PC-EU

MagSorc | Cinnir
    Magplar | Cleansing Ritual
    Magblade | Saebyeolbe
    Stam DK | Heroic Slash
    Stamden | Shimmering Shield

The Flawless Conqueror / Voice of Reason / Dro-m'Athra Destroyer

Options
  • umagon
    umagon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The whole point to the pvp tank build is being a force multiplier. Burning siege, placing siege under heavy fire, pulling hostile players into hordes of allies, grouping unwary hostile players in a small spot so they can get bombed, creating diversions, etc. Tank’s damage comes from the environment.

As for the builds they function as designed. When players tell developers that they are lowering the effectiveness of a counter to certain builds and they ignore it then problems can arise. They changed defile without a comprehensive review and overhaul of the way healing and dps scale in relation to each other.

And now part of the counter to tanks/healers is less effective. Defeating tanks specifically is about lowering their all aspects of their health restoration in relation to the incoming damage. Too many people try the hard route and “do more damage” that is the least effective way of defeating them.

Tank health restoration>incoming damage = tank never dies
    Tank health restoration<incoming damage = dead tank
    Yes, it’s that easy.
    Options
  • Armatesz
    Armatesz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Why are you even trying to kill the tank, he can't kill you, so just leave em and move on.

Depending on the build there are those that CAN kill a group of players by themselves and take a beating as well. There are ways to deal with them.
    Ärmätèsz
    Xbox NA
    Guildless (by choice)
    Options
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    SilverWF wrote: »
    There is a set that reduces incoming damage by 15% while you are casting or channelling - Light of Cyrodiil.
    Add here Psijic passive, that reduces inc. damage by 30% while casting or channeling Psijic skills
    So this is a rough 45% incoming damage reduction while meditating, not even counting armor, resists or other damage reduction passives (like Nord's 6% racial or Psijic ult 8% while slotted)

From other side, WHAT this troll-tank can do against you? Just ignore him

That's not how mitigation works.

It's multiplicative
    Gamer tag: DasPanzerKat NA Xbox One
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
    Options
  • Armatesz
    Armatesz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    SilverPaws wrote: »
    There is no near immortal tanks, only bad players.

I've seen people complain about other players being unkillable... I walk in on seeing 20 players trying to kill one player. I stare for like 5 minutes and then hit them with clench and purifying light. They died in less than 10 seconds. It is all in knowing how to deal with those types.
    Ärmätèsz
    Xbox NA
    Guildless (by choice)
    Options
  • D0PAMINE
    D0PAMINE
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I havn't found a tank we wern't able to kill. PC NA Vivec.
    Options
  • max_only
    max_only
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I want an unkillable potato for pve, someone link a build!
    JEQ7AXL.png

our build ;)

Thanks
    #FiteForYourRite Bosmer = Stealth
    #OppositeResourceSiphoningAttacks
    || CP 1000+ || PC/NA || GUILDS: LWH; IA; CH; XA
    ""All gods' creatures (you lot) are equal when covered in A1 sauce"" -- Old Bosmeri Wisdom
    Options
  • Unfadingsilence
    Unfadingsilence
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    pzschrek wrote: »
    This is your punishment for playing in a CP campaign.

Playing in none CP and BGs all you are doing is playing against gear sets instead of players
    Options
  • SilverWF
    SilverWF
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There is a set that reduces incoming damage by 15% while you are casting or channelling - Light of Cyrodiil.
    Add here Psijic passive, that reduces inc. damage by 30% while casting or channeling Psijic skills
    So this is a rough 45% incoming damage reduction while meditating, not even counting armor, resists or other damage reduction passives (like Nord's 6% racial or Psijic ult 8% while slotted)

It's multiplicative

Well, it's still a lot

Other option for unkillable tank is Health regen, I mean huge health regen, paired with huge mitigation
    Orgnum's Scales + Armor Master (or Beekeeper's Gear or Green Pact or Warrior-Poet or Mark of the Pariah) + Troll King

Never tried this, but always want to :D
    • PC EU. Ebonheart Pact. CP 1k+
    • YouTube: All ESO disguises (2014)
    • EU players are humans too! We want our maintenances in the least pop time (at deep night) and not lasted for several hours!
    • Animation canceR - is true PvP cancer! When you can't see which actions your opponent do - you can't react properly on them!
    Options
  • Actually_Goku
    Actually_Goku
    ✭✭✭✭
    Tanks and healers have ruined the PVP experience for a long time now. Nothing new. Play BG’s.
    Options
  • imredneckson
    imredneckson
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tanks and healers have ruined the PVP experience for a long time now. Nothing new. Play BG’s.

BGs aren't safe from tanks either. I've been in there tanking entire teams and it's been a blast :D

PS I'm an Argonian Templar Tank Healer using Malubeth, Fortified Brass, and Transmutation.
    Edited by imredneckson on August 19, 2018 5:31AM
    Legions of Mordor Guild Officer
    Member of the GvG Community

Dunmer NB - Merser Frey (DC)
    Dunmer DK - Akaviri Battlereeve (DC)- http://orig05.deviantart.net/7ecd/f/2016/013/b/f/you_***_kill_by_eso_picture-d9nrz0q.png
    Imperial Templar - Knight of the Blood Oath (DC)-
    http://orig00.deviantart.net/5ba3/f/2016/115/a/0/jesus_beam_ftw____by_eso_picture-da09ecj.png
    High Elf Templar - Aurí-El (AD)
    High Elf Templar - Teutonic Honor Guard (EP)
    Options
  • Jaraal
    Jaraal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

It's multiplicative

Well, it's still a lot

Other option for unkillable tank is Health regen, I mean huge health regen, paired with huge mitigation
    Orgnum's Scales + Armor Master (or Beekeeper's Gear or Green Pact or Warrior-Poet or Mark of the Pariah) + Troll King

Never tried this, but always want to :D

You can run a damage shield build as well, Imperium/Permafrost/Iceheart sets, run Brawler, Spiked Bone Shield, Hardening glyph on Infused weapon, back bar Ward Ally, put points into Bastion, etc, plus your class shields. Surprisingly effective.

Edited by Jaraal on August 19, 2018 8:10AM
    RIP Bosmer Nation. 4/4/14 - 2/25/19.
    Options
  • olsborg
    olsborg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Its the 50k hp tanks using dark cloak to heal coupled with other mechanics + meditate whenever you gain ccimmunity.

PC EU
    PvP only
    Options
  • Masel
    Masel
    Class Representative
    I think this is what you mean:

https://youtu.be/bx8eTzTG9Bw
    PC EU

All Trial Trifecta Titles Done!

Youtube:
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UChVEG6ckuAgGs5OyA6VeisA
    Options
  • smtdbplus
    smtdbplus
    ✭✭✭
    if I see a tank like this, I switch back to my cancerous build, poison+sload+viper+Skoria with 5+ dot skills
    Options
  • Valencer
    Valencer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    People being able to have fun without running in an alliance swarm? Unacceptable. Nerf it.
    Options
  • DivineFirstYOLO
    DivineFirstYOLO
    ✭✭✭✭
    nerf this nerf that, how about you nerf people that stack up in balls of 50 ppl aka zerging? the 20 ppl should be reported that try to roll over 2 people for 20 AP each.
    Zerg Squad

Godslayer x 4

Pro questing fees for RPers in Cyrodiil, pay your taxes!
    PC - EU

Options
  • BohnT
    BohnT
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Masel92 wrote: »

This is what he means, he's even in the chat in that Video.
    There is absolutely no exploit in that clip.
    Just maybe 10 players that spam light attack or heavy lightning attacks or do some other absolutely useless things.

I guess people just don't know @Fasold666 anymore and feel any tank is now absolutely overperfoming because they can't kill it, well guess what that's what a tank is intended to do, staying alive even vs a huge number of opponents.

Sadly this crying from players that don't understand that there is nothing unbalanced about builds that can stay alive vs their "oh so God like Nightblade skills" gave us some stupid, unneeded nerfs, but yeah keep on complaining about exploits or cheat engine when in fact you get so heavily outplayed that you should never talk about it.
    Options
  • Qbiken
    Qbiken
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    BohnT wrote: »
    Masel92 wrote: »

This is what he means, he's even in the chat in that Video.
    Just maybe 10 players that spam light attack or heavy lightning attacks or do some other absolutely useless things.

I guess people just don't know @Fasold666 anymore and feel any tank is now absolutely overperfoming because they can't kill it, well guess what that's what a tank is intended to do, staying alive even vs a huge number of opponents.

Sadly this crying from players that don't understand that there is nothing unbalanced about builds that can stay alive vs their "oh so God like Nightblade skills" gave us some stupid, unneeded nerfs, but yeah keep on complaining about exploits or cheat engine when in fact you get so heavily outplayed that you should never talk about it.

People said the same thing back when these tanks exploited the bugs with 7th Legion, Barkskin and Malubeth (in combination with bugs within certain CP allocations), so It´s understandable why people get suspicious when facing these tank build (not reffering to the youtube clip here, that stuff is nothing fishy about)
    Options
  • Zorgon_The_Revenged
    Zorgon_The_Revenged
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Nothing visible in the clip, but viewed from the players point of view we can see that they are clearly "botting".

The biggest giveaway is the amount and frequency of the jumping, caused by the chin striking the space bar.

YY3uRtz.gif
    Options
  • Ozazz
    Ozazz
    ✭✭✭✭
    no place for non kill able players in pvp in 1v1 terms. here everyone heres your trophies and go take up real estate in pvp and absolutely contribute nothing other than Xv1ing people.
    Options
  • Lieblingsjunge
    Lieblingsjunge
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just nerf Heresya. Problem solved. B)

Oh, and, I'm guessing from the SS-screenshot that Heresya runs Absorb Magic. Don't spam it with projectiles and it won't heal o:)
    Edited by Lieblingsjunge on August 19, 2018 11:29AM
    Ignorance is the greatest weapon of tyranny.
    PC - EU.
    Lieblingsjunge(AD) - Racechanged Argonian :< | AR 50 - No double AP or Bleakers involved |
    Sits-On-Cacti(DC) - Problem?
    Fail-With-Tail(AD) - Healing Springs-spammer :<
    Tiny Liebs(EP) - Very Tiny. Also heals.
    Lieblingsmädchen(DC) - Magplar is love.
    The Dominàtrix(AD) - Chains, whip, whip, whip.
    Fluffy Furball Kitten(DC) - Kittycat, meow.
    Your Face(EP) - People make bad jokes about my name =(
    Liebs-With-Trees(AD) - Male argo with a big tail :>

Officer/Sandwitch of Zerg Squad
    My title: The Maneater, Destroyer of Maneuvers, Bane of Potatoes, she who devours them, The Black Hole, the humorless, first of her name.
    Options
  • BohnT
    BohnT
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Nothing visible in the clip, but viewed from the players point of view we can see that they are clearly "botting".

The biggest giveaway is the amount and frequency of the jumping, caused by the chin striking the space bar.

YY3uRtz.gif

V6O1j6J.jpg
    Options
  • PuddingZebra
    PuddingZebra
    ✭✭✭
    lol

I saw it! x)
    You see, I am a Pink Flying Pudding Zebra.
    Options