Maintenance for the week of May 20:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – May 20
• NA megaservers for maintenance – May 22, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• EU megaservers for maintenance – May 22, 8:00 UTC (4:00AM EDT) - 16:00 UTC (12:00PM EDT)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – May 22, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC) https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/658773

Near immortal tanks - introduced update 19

• JumpmanLane
    JumpmanLane
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    They’re trolling. Ignore them or slot poisons and wreck them.
    Options
  • josh.lackey_ESO
    josh.lackey_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't understand the point of trolling other people. It's so antisocial. I want competitive pvp, yes, I want to win sometimes and lose sometimes. I don't want to be harassed by people who just there to be a nuisance. Sportsmanship has like zero value for some people who play this game. Others are delightful, even on opposing sides. "How annoying/obnoxious can I be" is the build strategy of too many people in Cyrodiil.
    Options
  • jaschacasadiob16_ESO
    jaschacasadiob16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't understand the point of trolling other people. It's so antisocial. I want competitive pvp, yes, I want to win sometimes and lose sometimes. I don't want to be harassed by people who just there to be a nuisance. Sportsmanship has like zero value for some people who play this game. Others are delightful, even on opposing sides. "How annoying/obnoxious can I be" is the build strategy of too many people in Cyrodiil.

Spend 10 minutes in Craglorn. What ppl write and do. The way they call and dress up their toons. Then we can discuss trolling, sportmanship, intelligence and anything else you want.
    "Yesterday while searching a barrel in vVoM I found a lemon. Best drop of the whole run."

Protect the weak. Heal the sick.
    Treasure the gifts of friendship. Seek joy and inspiration in the mysteries of love.
    Honor the Earth, its creatures, and the spirits. Use Nature's gifts wisely. Respect her power. Fear her fury.
    Options
  • DocDova
    DocDova
    ✭✭✭
    I want to be such tank.
    Options
  • Universe
    Universe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    DocDova wrote: »
    I want to be such tank.

It was really funny to watch the tank endure so much pressure from so many players.
    While really unbalanced and/or involving exploits it was like watching a superhero holding the weight of a building :D
    Some videos I recorded for fun: Main character:
    PC EU main: Universe - AD magicka Sorcerer, Former Emperor, Grand Overlord, The Merciless, Trial Bosses Solo Champion
    Top alts: Genius(stamina/sagicka Dragonknight) The Force(stamina Nightblade) and other chars.
    PC NA main: The Magic - AD magicka Sorcerer
    Started playing ESO in beta & early access
    User_ID: Daedric_Prince
    Options
  • zaria
    zaria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    First, that tank is very good.

Second, 20 or so people were made to look like fools by a tank.

Third, learn from that experience, grow up and move on.

Because this, sounds like 20 people made a mistake of attacking a troll tank, which primary purpose is to distract them and s/he did.
    but he taunted us.

Grinding just make you go in circles.
    Asking ZoS for nerfs is as stupid as asking for close air support from the death star.
    Options
  • zaria
    zaria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    tripple post because of lag :(
    Edited by zaria on August 21, 2018 1:15PM
    Grinding just make you go in circles.
    Asking ZoS for nerfs is as stupid as asking for close air support from the death star.
    Options
  • xxthir13enxx
    xxthir13enxx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    zaria wrote: »
    tripple post because of lag :(
    I’ll assume the lag caused the double p in triple as well...lol
    Options
  • josiahva
    josiahva
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Universe wrote: »
    Hello,
    Since update 19 I have noticed many occasions in which player tanks in PVP got to near immortal state(PC EU Vivec).
    20+ players were not able to kill a tank, several times even when using siege against him.
    The tank just blocked all damage and used the psijic skill line ability meditate while taking damage.
    The players did interrupt the meditate.
    While meditate is powerful this is not the main issue and something(set/passive ability/other) is bugged/broken.
    It wasn't just one occasion/one player, there were several players exploiting it.

I believe there is a broken set and/or abilities that should be fixed.
    Hist bark used to give 100% dodge chance until ZOS fixed it, maybe now there is other set which provide great boost to tanks.
    If you noticed it too, please report the exploiters to ZOS and if you know what sets and/or broken abilities they were using, report it too.
    No player should be able to hold off 20+ players forever, something is clearly broken.

who cares? I can take my tank into PvP and be near unkillable too...doesnt matter though because the sacrifice is that I also cant kill anyone. Ignore those players and spend your time actually doing something productive.
    Options
  • rexagamemnon
    rexagamemnon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ya I feel the same way, when you got 8 vs. 1 and they are still living something is wrong. I've been in Many situations where this has happened. it's BS. I good PVP'r excluding bombers can take on 5-6 by himself and defeat them and thats really good PVP'rs. if you are capable of surviving for 20minutes the onslaught of 20+ people, most likely you aren't good at PVP, you are just exploiting a flawed system. I've seen Good Tanks before when the system isn't nerfed or flawed, and they couldn't do it then. but now they can cause the system needs deserving, and rebalancing
    Options
  • RouDeR
    RouDeR
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I am only 300 CP , but here is something from me :)
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zLsoj1QyIN8&feature=youtu.be
    Options
  • Hal_Moore
    Hal_Moore
    ✭✭✭
    Respec your toon as a troll tank and go search and find one of these troll tanks and don't stop fighting them...ever.

99% of the time they will try and run away. and it is tons of fun trolling them not letting them get away.

OR you can go fight em for a bit and then play tag and have them chase you all over the map it is hilarious.

Options
  • ruikkarikun
    ruikkarikun
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    HankTwo wrote: »
    Lemme guess: 20 people but not a single sorc used negate? Anyway, there is not a single build out there that can survive 20 players who are at least decent. Not even close.

PS: there are unblockable CCs available to 3 out of the 5 classes. Use them against PvP tanks.

I saw hundreds time when 3-6 negate was used on 5+ enemies. Even with time stop, they just run out.
    Options
  • Peekachu99
    Peekachu99
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I mean, in that Zerg vs DK video series all I see is a bunch of idiots without hard interrupts or CCs wailing on a block-tank. Most “OPness” in this game comes from a brainless mob being brainless and wondering why things aren’t dying to their leet builds. I’m sure they teabagged the DK after they finally whittled him down, too—cause you know, 20 vs 1 is certainly a tbag worthy conquest lol

As much as I love PVP the attitudes of people who are truly clueless button/ key mashers ruin the whole affair.
    Options
  • SiegeMerchant
    SiegeMerchant
    ✭✭✭
    its one of some secret broken set combinations
    i was in Teamspeak where in privat i was informed of such build
    i cant tell you guys i promised to stay shut

will wait for a fix from ZOS
    in a year lol
    now - enjoy our tanks
    Options
  • The_Brosteen
    The_Brosteen
    ✭✭✭✭✭

in a year lol
    now - enjoy our tanks

SUPER SECRET BUILD

-desire to know more intensifies-
    Options
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

in a year lol
    now - enjoy our tanks

SUPER SECRET BUILD

If it's true barkskin doesn't is bugged without a cool down, that alone would be enough.

Then I suppose you could always pair it with ironblood
    Gamer tag: DasPanzerKat NA Xbox One
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
    Options
  • SquareSausage
    SquareSausage
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wasn't there but didn't see.

But here is a clip of my tank in pve just tanking adds not blocking.

https://youtu.be/O4VoZ-e5DyM

But with one of these sets, the more enemies bunched up attacking you the more you heal, with argonioan healing bonuses and major vitality from lingering health pots combined with one other set of your choice and you become OP. Combine it with say Malubeth and have a very high uptime of major vitality?
    Breakfast King
    PS4 EU
    Options
  • TheValkyn
    TheValkyn
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Oh, but they aren't trolling. Immortal tanks can win BGs by themselves.

hvCDu0Q.jpg
    Options
  • Ramber
    Ramber
    ✭✭✭✭
    Kadoin wrote: »
    Posting a video would go a long way...

Youtube is full of them... and they do the same thing in non CP. I'D like to know as well what sets allow them to do this. mostly its DKs but i run a DK and never have this kinda sustain, get them to 5 percent health or less then all of the sudden they are at 100 percent again. Its a shame ZOS lets this happen , and as has been said before i too just tell my group to leave them alone so they can be awesome alone lol cause what fun is that?
    Options
  • Qbiken
    Qbiken
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

in a year lol
    now - enjoy our tanks

SUPER SECRET BUILD

If it's true barkskin doesn't is bugged without a cool down, that alone would be enough.

Then I suppose you could always pair it with ironblood

"Old Permablock setup"

Barkskin:
    Featured bugs:
    - Didn´t have a cooldown (1k Stamina each time a snare is applied)
    - Could proc even though you had snare immunity

7th Legion
    Featured bugs:
    - Didn´t require you to have 5 piece slotted for the 5 piece bonus (So you could basically have 5 piece Barkskin active at all times)
    - Under certain conditions the heal would ignore battlespirit
    - Didn´t have a cooldown on how often it could proc (not sure if bug, but still an un-intended feature since it later got fixed)

- Malubeth or Bloodspawn for monster helm. Malubeth had a bug where it would make all your heals ignore battlespirit when procced.
    During the same patch this was a thing, there was a bug with Befoul where it also increased healing received.

Go full sturdy with shield-play enchants. Lot of points into Blessed, Precise Strikes and Shadow Ward. Add lingering HP pots on top of that. Since you have a lot of points into precise strikes, your critical hits will deal a lot of damage (through the usage of Dragon Leap or Dawnbreaker).

Sad part is that these kind of builds lead to people complaining about how OP stamina DK´s were.
    Edited by Qbiken on August 22, 2018 7:14AM
    Options
  • lucky_Sage
    lucky_Sage
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    pzschrek wrote: »
    This is your punishment for playing in a CP campaign.

yeah zero unkillable tanks in bgs
    DC PC NA
    Magdk - main
    Stamcro - alt

AD PS4 NA -retired (PC runs way better to play on console)
    magdk
    magblade
    stamplar
    magden
    magsorc

Options
  • Universe
    Universe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

in a year lol
    now - enjoy our tanks

Hopefully, it will be fixed soon :)
    PC EU main: Universe - AD magicka Sorcerer, Former Emperor, Grand Overlord, The Merciless, Trial Bosses Solo Champion
    Top alts: Genius(stamina/sagicka Dragonknight) The Force(stamina Nightblade) and other chars.
    Options
  • Shadowmaster
    Shadowmaster
    ✭✭✭✭
    Valencer wrote: »
    Why you keep suggesting theyre exploiting is beyond me. Seems to be the default response to anything in this game's community

Probably because its incredibly difficult to identify if its CE like it was in the past, exploiting of another sort, or just bad design.

I mean rune cage was intentional. Sloads was intentional. The old immortal DK spamming bats was intentional.

All of this stuff is not easy to spot if its someone being an exploiter, or just crappy design.
    Options
  • Shadowmaster
    Shadowmaster
    ✭✭✭✭
    cheops wrote: »
    How can using a known set with with known abilities be unfair and regarded as an exploit????

Same way you used to be able to remove a set and still have the bonus and then wear another set.

Using something outside how it was intended, to gain an advantage, can be construed as an exploit.
    Options
  • DocDova
    DocDova
    ✭✭✭
    Well such build is useful for me because of my pacifist stand. I don't go attacking people and if I wanna go to cyro or IC, it would be useful for me.
    Options
  • Universe
    Universe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Valencer wrote: »
    Why you keep suggesting theyre exploiting is beyond me. Seems to be the default response to anything in this game's community

Probably because its incredibly difficult to identify if its CE like it was in the past, exploiting of another sort, or just bad design.

I mean rune cage was intentional. Sloads was intentional. The old immortal DK spamming bats was intentional.

All of this stuff is not easy to spot if its someone being an exploiter, or just crappy design.

Indeed.
    It is difficult for players to identify if someone is cheating, especially because players don't have enough information to base this assumption.
    The only thing players can do is to report and hope that ZOS can decide the right outcome.
    cheops wrote: »
    How can using a known set with with known abilities be unfair and regarded as an exploit????

Same way you used to be able to remove a set and still have the bonus and then wear another set.

Using something outside how it was intended, to gain an advantage, can be construed as an exploit.

Correct.
    Just because an unintended OP feature is in the game, that does not give the right to exploit it.
    DocDova wrote: »
    Well such build is useful for me because of my pacifist stand. I don't go attacking people and if I wanna go to cyro or IC, it would be useful for me.

The Near Immortal tanks can't hurt anyone, so yes I presume it can be called "The pacifists build" :D
    Options
  • ZOS_JesC
    ZOS_JesC
    admin
    Greetings, we've removed a few comments that were baiting and derailing the thread. Please keep comments on topic and constructive.
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Options
    Staff Post
  • JumpmanLane
    JumpmanLane
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    TheValkyn wrote: »

Oh, but they aren't trolling. Immortal tanks can win BGs by themselves.

hvCDu0Q.jpg

Sorry, I meant in PvP. There’s also shield stacking troll tanks in PvP too. I ran into a DC DK and an AD Sorc standing on a rock. 1v1ed the Sorc a bit. He did no damage but was unkillable. Might of been a Templar. I sheathed my weapons and he did too. Trolling. Lol.
    Options
  • Escape_Mentality
    It really pisses me off that defile is being nerfed. I run that on my pvp tank and it is very effective against the poison inject nb spammers. Do you know how many times I've seen my death recap (not on my tank) and the last five are poison inject? Yeah, let's nerf defile and not that over powered spammable. So many crappy players out there grab a poison set, add some poison pots and then snipe from a distance. Sorry cry baby when my tank defile your ass and the rest of my groups burns you down.
    Options